Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 03-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #1276
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

385 boys and girls...I've added 7 pounds sooooomewhere lol.

Says this while shoving a loaded philly cheesesteak in my face ...not sure how it happened hehe
Old 03-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #1277
tjw1971

tjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default But ....

Did he mean it that way, or did he just assume mistakenly that the member in question didn't view the weight loss as a positive thing?

I'm always supportive of people doing whatever makes them happier. If that happens to be weight loss, ok - great.... you're in good company with the vast majority of people out there, as far as I can tell? (Heck, there's not a single woman in the office where I work who isn't constantly talking about going to the gym, trying to lose weight, eating healthier for said purpose, etc.)

I would tend to assume though, unless specifically explained otherwise, that a person is more interested in weight GAIN if they're frequenting a message board like this one. Weight loss can be talked about practically everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieforever View Post
That is a very RUDE comment and what is wrong with being positive and supportive? Not everyone gains the weight back if they learn to drop the junk food for good and adopt a diet that is full of fruits and vegetables and homecooked meals, and also to workout a few times a week. Have a little faith in your fellow Dims members and also have some respect for their feelings and the effort and discipline that goes into losing the weight in the first place. Statements like that are really inappropriate, hurtful and kinda make you appear a little envious of someone elses weight loss successes. Zip the lip if nothing nice can come out of them. I thank you.
tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #1278
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw1971 View Post
I would tend to assume though, unless specifically explained otherwise, that a person is more interested in weight GAIN if they're frequenting a message board like this one. Weight loss can be talked about practically everywhere.
Please read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
This thread is on the Weight Board, NOT on the Weight Gain subforum. This board is for more miscellaneous topics, and is not specifically for weight gain-related posts.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=29827 - A mod explains it here.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #1279
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

rep.jpg...........

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #1280
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe
IMG
I gotcha covered, girl. I repped him!
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #1281
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks Oona!

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:03 AM   #1282
elina86

elina86 can now change their title

Currently my weight is 109,5 kg
elina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #1283
Van

Van does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot picsVan does more than just post hot pics

I weigh between 215 and 220 pounds. I want and hope to get bigger.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 AM   #1284
mat2nice

mat2nice has said some nice things

Very sexy keep on doing what your doing. The bigger the better
mat2nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #1285
bbwbelover

bbwbelover has said some nice things

3 lbs up this week, 203 and counting.
bbwbelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:03 AM   #1286
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Someone quoted PETA

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls everyone would be vegetarian. P.E.T.A"

The trouble with absolutes is that they are usually wrong at some level. A number of years ago my father and I were invited to hog butchering. We spent most of the day watching, learning about, and participating in the butchering of three hogs. We were not considered experienced enough to participate in gutting the hogs but we were given large chunks of hog fat to cut up into smaller pieces. I do not remember why. Later, I guess for my participation, I was given about 3 feet of sausage. I still enjoy eating pork.

More recently, through an unusual set of circumstances I was a recipient of about 15 pounds of ground deer meat. For the next couple of months every now and then my daughter and I would eat Bambi burgers.
Russell Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #1287
Russell Williams

Russell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRussell Williams is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieforever View Post
That is a very RUDE comment and what is wrong with being positive and supportive? Not everyone gains the weight back if they learn to drop the junk food for good and adopt a diet that is full of fruits and vegetables and homecooked meals, and also to workout a few times a week. Have a little faith in your fellow Dims members and also have some respect for their feelings and the effort and discipline that goes into losing the weight in the first place. Statements like that are really inappropriate, hurtful and kinda make you appear a little envious of someone elses weight loss successes. Zip the lip if nothing nice can come out of them. I thank you.
S hello hould one be supportive of unrealistic goals? In college a lay theologian named William Stringfellow came and gave a presentation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stringfellow.

Margaret and I had a friend who was not named Jane Smith who, at some point in time after William Stringfellow's visit, came to us and told us that she was thinking of moving to New York City and just perhaps be able to meet and perhaps marry William Stringfellow. When she saw that we were not rejecting her or her goal she then went on. If she was able to marry William Stringfellow then it was just possible that she might be able to give birth to the new Christ child. I do not remember if Margaret or I asked her if she was a virgin and planned to remain that way until such time as she had given birth to a new Christ child.

Margaret and I told her that we thought it was very unlikely that she would be able to do all of this but if that was what she really wanted to do then perhaps she should follow her dreams.

Later some of her other friends came and told us rather forcefully that we should stop encouraging her to follow her dreams.

If a friend told you that they were planning to move to a strange city, marry a famous person, and give birth to the second coming of the Christ would you be supportive or discourage them?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #1288
Russell Williams

Default Not everyone gains the weight back if they learn to drop the junk food for good and a

Someone posted:

"Not everyone gains the weight back if they learn to drop the junk food for good and adopt a diet that is full of fruits and vegetables and homecooked meals, and also to workout a few times a week."

No, only 19 out of 20 gain the weight back. (I have only heard of one weight loss program in which almost all of the participants lost weight and kept it off for the rest of their lives. The program involved reduced calorie meals, daily exercise, and behavior modification. Even though almost all of the participants were able to keep the weight off for the rest of their lives through this unique program I've considered the conditions too harsh and therefore I do not recommend it.)

The person who stated that he had lost weight may or may not have known that the best way to gain weight is to go on a weight reduction diet. He did not provide any information indicating that he was better than 19 out of every 20 people that would've started his weight reduction program the same day he did.

The standard reaction when someone starts to lose weight is to tell them that they can do it and be supportive and tell them with determination they can see it through to a successful conclusion and keep the weight off. The pursing losing weight gets lots of accolades from friends and strangers. How do they feel once they start to regain the weight? Do they feel of a have let people down? Are they ashamed of themselves? Do they feel that they are some sort of failure?

Being very supportive of 20 people and encouraging them and telling them how wonderful they are when you know that 19 out of the 20 will fail to reach the goal I believe is not a nice thing to do to people.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #1289
Russell Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
I weigh between 215 and 220 pounds. I want and hope to get bigger.
if you should hit a plateau in your weight gain, literature and experience suggests that the best way to gain weight is to go on a weight loss diet and lose 10 to 15 pounds. Then when you start eating again you should easily go up above the plateau.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #1290
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Williams View Post
S hello hould one be supportive of unrealistic goals? In college a lay theologian named William Stringfellow came and gave a presentation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Stringfellow.

Margaret and I had a friend who was not named Jane Smith who, at some point in time after William Stringfellow's visit, came to us and told us that she was thinking of moving to New York City and just perhaps be able to meet and perhaps marry William Stringfellow. When she saw that we were not rejecting her or her goal she then went on. If she was able to marry William Stringfellow then it was just possible that she might be able to give birth to the new Christ child. I do not remember if Margaret or I asked her if she was a virgin and planned to remain that way until such time as she had given birth to a new Christ child.

Margaret and I told her that we thought it was very unlikely that she would be able to do all of this but if that was what she really wanted to do then perhaps she should follow her dreams.

Later some of her other friends came and told us rather forcefully that we should stop encouraging her to follow her dreams.

If a friend told you that they were planning to move to a strange city, marry a famous person, and give birth to the second coming of the Christ would you be supportive or discourage them?
... Utterly, utterly, UTTERLY ridiculous! I had to giggle at your scribblings which made NO SENSE to me or the sitution. A young man is doing well to lose weight, you give a negative dig and then babble horse-feathers about absolutely nothing sensible or interesting! Please follow my advice as suggested before and say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if it is not positive and encouraging towards a persons good efforts.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #1291
Russell Williams

Default Pounding on the table?

Karl Neidershuh once told me that good lawyers know that if the law and the facts are on their side they argue the facts. If the facts are not on their side but the law is, they argue the law. If neither the law nor the facts are on their side they should pound on the table.

Below I believe is an example of pounding on the table.

*... Utterly, utterly, UTTERLY ridiculous! I had to giggle at your scribblings which made NO SENSE to me or the sitution. A young man is doing well to lose weight, you give a negative dig and then babble horse-feathers about absolutely nothing sensible or interesting! Please follow my advice as suggested before and say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if it is not positive and encouraging towards a persons good efforts. *
Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #1292
BigBootyBeautyXXL

BigBootyBeautyXXL does more than just post hot picsBigBootyBeautyXXL does more than just post hot picsBigBootyBeautyXXL does more than just post hot pics

Around 400lbs and growing
BigBootyBeautyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #1293
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Im at 220 and Im ok with that
Old 04-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #1294
elina86

elina86 can now change their title

Today my weight is 110,7 kg.
elina86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #1295
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

168.1 lbs as of today.... how does eating healthier lead to me gaining 3lbs??
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:37 AM   #1296
Elementary_penguin

Elementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 club

262ish.. Slowly making my way up the in the numbers (Too slowly if you ask me)
Elementary_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #1297
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
168.1 lbs as of today.... how does eating healthier lead to me gaining 3lbs??
Maybe if you hadn't been eating healthier you would have actually gained more?

(but also, it can be hard changing over....craving fat and sugar can actually lead one to eat more of healthier foods. They ARE still healthier to be eating, but eating the right sorts of foods AND the right quantities means you are juggling two things, not just one. You'll get there.)
Old 04-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #1298
NurseVicki

NurseVicki can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNurseVicki can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

397 pounds was down to 340 for a bit but it all found me again!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1299
runningsoft

runningsoft can now change their title

So can we be expecting more 'accidental' cheesesteaks finding their way to your mouth???

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
385 boys and girls...I've added 7 pounds sooooomewhere lol.

Says this while shoving a loaded philly cheesesteak in my face ...not sure how it happened hehe
runningsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #1300
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

169.8 fucking lbs. I don't even know why I effing well bother some times. I've eaten good this past week, worked out for an hour at the gym three times and I still put on weight. So damn unfair.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote