Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 04-22-2017, 02:09 AM   #1926
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezablysoft View Post
OMG I'm so excited!!!!!!! As of this morning I weigh 159.8 lbs (I could've sworn I saw the scale hit 160 but it settled at 159.8) which at my height of 5'1" means as of today I am officially OBESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey! That's great! Congratulations!
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:14 PM   #1927
Astarte
Sopivasti lihava

Astarte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAstarte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

315lbs or thereabouts.
Astarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:41 AM   #1928
traceg

traceg does more than just post hot picstraceg does more than just post hot picstraceg does more than just post hot picstraceg does more than just post hot pics

Im down to 417 today maybe ive foumd a happy weight lol
traceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #1929
AmyJo1976
Corpulently Content

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceg View Post
Im down to 417 today maybe ive foumd a happy weight lol
That's a nice round number
AmyJo1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #1930
traceg

traceg does more than just post hot picstraceg does more than just post hot picstraceg does more than just post hot picstraceg does more than just post hot pics

Lol it matches my figure
traceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 01:07 PM   #1931
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

224, up three pounds in the past week from a mix of stress self-feeding and regular stress-eating :/ (not really my fave way to gain weight!)
Old 05-12-2017, 11:09 PM   #1932
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote wild View Post
216 as of about an hour ago. I kinda stared at the number in disbelief because I don't think I've ever been much heavier than 210. I've set 220 as my immediate goal by Christmas.
Ha! Stumbled upon this looking for another post from a while back. I am a little over 250 now. I don't even know if I remember what 220 felt like...
Old 05-14-2017, 09:06 PM   #1933
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm officially back up to 250lbs.
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:01 PM   #1934
DiDiZia

DiDiZia has said some nice things

Around 308lbs and I'm almost 5ft 7. I'm morbidly obese according to the BMI calculator. I'll have to manage my weight, since I know it's statisticaly impossible to lose weight. This also means starting my journey to body acceptance. Hmmff.
DiDiZia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:27 PM   #1935
plushkitty

plushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot picsplushkitty does more than just post hot pics

310 or thereabouts, according to my last doctor visit. I don't think I've ever been north of 300 before.
plushkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:45 PM   #1936
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDiZia View Post
Around 308lbs and I'm almost 5ft 7. I'm morbidly obese according to the BMI calculator. I'll have to manage my weight, since I know it's statisticaly impossible to lose weight. This also means starting my journey to body acceptance. Hmmff.
You can take the BMI calculator and toss it in the garbage where it belongs. If you want to get a better metric for how healthy you are, go get your BFP measured. On top of that make sure you monitor your blood pressure and other vitals. While I don't necessarily buy into the "healthy at any weight" narrative I firmly believe there are plenty of people who are "overweight" or "obese" and significantly more healthy than a lot of skinny/lean people.
happily_married is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:14 AM   #1937
DiDiZia

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
You can take the BMI calculator and toss it in the garbage where it belongs. If you want to get a better metric for how healthy you are, go get your BFP measured. On top of that make sure you monitor your blood pressure and other vitals. While I don't necessarily buy into the "healthy at any weight" narrative I firmly believe there are plenty of people who are "overweight" or "obese" and significantly more healthy than a lot of skinny/lean people.
Yes, I'm on the same page as you. I'll definitely check out my BFP. The doctors also love to attribute everything to weight.
Funny story: I (oddly) have severe anemia. I went to my doctor because I was mysteriously out of breathe, dizzy, and light headed when I walk. She thought it was due to lack of exercise, but I've been big my whole life, and the type of breathlessness I was experiencing felt different. It felt like my body was too weak to allow me to breathe, like I was lacking oxygen. So even when I did try to breathe heavily, it made no difference to the breathlessness. I couldn't even walk for more than a couple minutes without stopping.

Because she wouldn't look further into it, I had to do some research online. Said I have anemia. I bought some iron tablets, and these symptoms started to disappear within 1 weeks.

She finally agreed to do a blood test, and it showed up that my blood cell levels were almost half of what they should be. She also said I'm low in cholesterol, and that my blood pressure was at a normal level.
She suggested I eat more iron laden foods like red meats, and incorporate more salt into my diet.

Many thin people have the health problems I'm experiencing, and I'd say it's just as bad as the health problems that usually affect fat people.

I was going to change doctors because of this ordeal. Some doctors just don't seem care about fat people.
I could go in with an arrow sticking out of my eye and they'll find a way to attribute it to my weight, lol.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:28 PM   #1938
TwoSwords

TwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going onTwoSwords knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Many thin people have the health problems I'm experiencing, and I'd say it's just as bad as the health problems that usually affect fat people.
I've noticed that too. Lots of thin people experience awful health problems, but think, because they're thin, that they need to concern themselves less with their health. It's a tragedy.

Also, studies are consistently showing that the longest-lived people are not the thin ones, so there you go.

P.S.: I wish I could get up to 308. You're so lucky!
Old 05-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #1939
DiDiZia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
I've noticed that too. Lots of thin people experience awful health problems, but think, because they're thin, that they need to concern themselves less with their health. It's a tragedy.

Also, studies are consistently showing that the longest-lived people are not the thin ones, so there you go.

P.S.: I wish I could get up to 308. You're so lucky!
Haha. Thanks, dear!
I agree. I'm also seeing many thin folks getting health conditions usually designated as "obesity related".
Old 05-28-2017, 04:52 AM   #1940
happily_married

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Haha. Thanks, dear!
I agree. I'm also seeing many thin folks getting health conditions usually designated as "obesity related".
I can somewhat attest to this. I'm pretty athletic, but I've had some injury issues in my left leg, specifically my knee and ankle. While I still function well, can go into the weight room and perform well, etc, am chronically sore or hurt outright. And lately it's been bad enough that it has kept me awake at night. I haven't slept well in over 3 weeks.

I recently started acupuncture and other chiropractic treatments. The doctors all had a couple shots at it and I think they made it worse. Hopefully this series of acupuncture treatments will bring it to a manageable level of pain/soreness.

Anyway I see where so many people say extra weight contributes to knee problems and maybe it does. But so does running 10-16 miles a day just about every day on rugged mountain trails! It was fun while it lasted but the bill for all of that activity has come due!
Old 05-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #1941
DiDiZia

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I can somewhat attest to this. I'm pretty athletic, but I've had some injury issues in my left leg, specifically my knee and ankle. While I still function well, can go into the weight room and perform well, etc, am chronically sore or hurt outright. And lately it's been bad enough that it has kept me awake at night. I haven't slept well in over 3 weeks.

I recently started acupuncture and other chiropractic treatments. The doctors all had a couple shots at it and I think they made it worse. Hopefully this series of acupuncture treatments will bring it to a manageable level of pain/soreness.

Anyway I see where so many people say extra weight contributes to knee problems and maybe it does. But so does running 10-16 miles a day just about every day on rugged mountain trails! It was fun while it lasted but the bill for all of that activity has come due!
That sounds excruciating. I never knew running could trigger that.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2017, 05:47 AM   #1942
happily_married

Quote:
That sounds excruciating. I never knew running could trigger that.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
It's all the impact. And in my case, a lot of my running I did in my eary-mid 20s when I was indestructible. Consequently I overdid it and probably didn't do enough preventive maintenance along the way.

Take care of your health! You don't have to slim down to 120 pounds to be healthy, and definitely don't have to be 120 to be smoking hot! But stay active, move, and eat right! I already said, I don't buy broad brush into "healthy at any weight" but I think there are a lot of people out there who are 300+ pounds who are or can be just as healthy as anyone else.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:46 AM   #1943
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree 100% happily_married. I know plenty of thin people that are out of shape and have many of the same health issues fat people do.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #1944
LumpySmile

LumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticedLumpySmile never has a post go unnoticed

So... I was looking at myself in the mirror after my shower today, (been thinking of posting pic of myself in the belly hang photos thread, even tho I'm extremely camera shy) And I noticed there's just not as much hang as there was a couple months ago.

Anyone else lose weight in the summer?

I know I sweat a lot, and I am definitely most active in my job in the summertime, so I lose weight fast. I also notice I'm just not hungry as much when it's hot, and it's already hot and only June....

Just curious if anyone else notices this
LumpySmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #1945
TwoSwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpySmile View Post
Gosh, what a morbid thing to think about. (By which I mean the thought of myself, losing weight.)

Fortunately, I've never experienced this, though I do sometimes find that I'm more active in the summer than in the winter, due to there being less snow around.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:11 PM   #1946
squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging insqueezablysoft makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpySmile View Post
So... I was looking at myself in the mirror after my shower today, (been thinking of posting pic of myself in the belly hang photos thread, even tho I'm extremely camera shy) And I noticed there's just not as much hang as there was a couple months ago.

I know I sweat a lot, and I am definitely most active in my job in the summertime, so I lose weight fast. I also notice I'm just not hungry as much when it's hot, and it's already hot and only June....

Just curious if anyone else notices this
I don't think I really tend to lose weight in the summer (I certainly don't lose my appetite, pretty sure that thing has GPS lol), so much as I maybe don't gain as quickly as during the endless parade of goodies that is HalloThankMas.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:59 AM   #1947
happily_married

I'm 170. Not trying to gain or lose. Sorry to be a party pooper! If it helps, my wife seems to be gaining lately.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #1948
Blackspots

Blackspots has said some nice things

I'm currently around 180. Want to get to at least 200lbs this year.
Blackspots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:41 AM   #1949
BigElectricKat
Just ask. I'll answer!

BigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlineFeeder View Post
What is your weight right now?
232lbs, of which about 170lbs is twisted steel and sex appeal. The rest? Cookies, gummi bears, pie, ice cream, chicken wings, chips, cake (white or yellow, not the chocolate), candy bars, marshmallows, donuts, red beans and rice, pulled pork, pasta (any with meat sauce), cinnamon bears, skittles, and broccoli.
BigElectricKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:35 AM   #1950
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Currently around 310 pounds
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote