Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #2001
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well, it seems I gained some weight over the last few weeks...

fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:00 AM   #2002
jonj287

jonj287 can now change their title

this morning im up to 289lbs! close to the big 300....yay!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-02-22 06.12.03-1.jpg (114.8 KB, 641 views)
jonj287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:40 AM   #2003
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Have lost some since the last time I was in this thread..
Down to 334 from 368
Old 09-16-2017, 03:58 PM   #2004
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Lady View Post
Down to 334 from 368
Don't feel bad. 334 is still quite impressive.
TwoSwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #2005
happily_married
Happy to be part of Dims!

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Down to 334 from 368
Are you feeling better? I remember you have been working hard on this for health reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoSwords View Post
I don't think she feels bad at all, and that you shouldn't assume she feels bad due to weight loss. If her goal is to lose weight why would she feel bad for losing weight?
Old 09-17-2017, 12:02 PM   #2006
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ohio Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am feeling better! Breathing is easier now.
Ohio Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:07 AM   #2007
TwoSwords

TwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticedTwoSwords never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by happily_married View Post
I don't think she feels bad at all, and that you shouldn't assume she feels bad due to weight loss. If her goal is to lose weight why would she feel bad for losing weight?
Sorry, man, but to me, that's like bizarro world. I can't understand it at all. I wouldn't kill to be 368, but let's just say that I'd be willing to sacrifice a lot to get there, and after ten years of hovering helplessly around 280ish, it's looking kind of hopeless. I just can't sympathize.

Quote:
Breathing is easier now.
This, however, I sympathize with. Everybody needs to breathe.

P.S.: I know this isn't a philosophy discussion, but there's also the principle of charity to consider. That would be another good reason for responding the way I did.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:25 AM   #2008
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushkitty View Post
I went to the doctor today and got quite a surprise! 330 pounds, up 20 from my last visit in March. No wonder my shorts are starting to get tighter. I hope they at least fit through the summer. Think I'll start looking into some loose flowy dresses...
Is 330lbs your heaviest now considering the.GERD you mentioned before? How are those loose dresses you mentioned working for you these days?
biggirlluvher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:44 AM   #2009
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm 240lbs now down from the just under 250lbs I was hovering at for the last few months. It was a surprise to learn that because I feel my biggest and heaviest ever. I was sure I might have finally passed the 250lbs mark.
biggirlluvher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:15 AM   #2010
happily_married

happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!happily_married has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Sorry, man, but to me, that's like bizarro world. I can't understand it at all. I wouldn't kill to be 368, but let's just say that I'd be willing to sacrifice a lot to get there, and after ten years of hovering helplessly around 280ish, it's looking kind of hopeless. I just can't sympathize.

This, however, I sympathize with. Everybody needs to breathe.

P.S.: I know this isn't a philosophy discussion, but there's also the principle of charity to consider. That would be another good reason for responding the way I did.
To both of you points, it's quite simple: don't project your values onto others. That you can't understand it is indicative that you overvalue your own position on the matter and undervalue someone else's.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #2011
TwoSwords

Quote:
To both of you points, it's quite simple: don't project your values onto others. That you can't understand it is indicative that you overvalue your own position on the matter and undervalue someone else's.
Yes, I can just hide in a closet for the rest of my life, but you know what? That's boring, and I'm sick of letting the other side control the message. Other people have no right to dominate when their values conflict with mine. I feel I have a right to approach these topics from my own perspective. If, on the other hand, you're asking me to sympathize with motives I that go against my values, then I think you may have misunderstood what it means to "value" something.

P.S.: However, if all you mean is that I should wait until I understand what another person thinks about a topic before making any statements of my own, I can't even imagine holding any view as weakly as that.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #2012
happily_married

Quote:
Yes, I can just hide in a closet for the rest of my life, but you know what? That's boring, and I'm sick of letting the other side control the message.
That's not what "not projecting your values onto others" means. Not even close. It means not assuming what is important to you is important to others. It also means not assuming things about others' motivation for doing what they do. By no means does it suggest you "just hide in a closet the rest of your life." I'm not entirely sure how anyone could draw such a conclusion, really.

Quote:
Other people have no right to dominate when their values conflict with mine. I feel I have a right to approach these topics from my own perspective. If, on the other hand, you're asking me to sympathize with motives I that go against my values, then I think you may have misunderstood what it means to "value" something.
Once again you're missing wide left here. Certainly nobody has a right to IMPOSE their values on you but a person choosing to lose weight for her own reasons hardly equates to imposing values. Also, the converse is true: YOU have no right to impose YOUR values on others! While you DO have the right to approach these topics from your own perspective, it takes a serious lack of social grace to respond the way you did to Ohio Lady's comments about losing weight. You had no idea why she was losing weight, yet you assumed it was a bad thing and respond with this flawed assumption as if you knew better than she does what's right for her. Why would you feel the need to impose your values on her like that?

Quote:
P.S.: However, if all you mean is that I should wait until I understand what another person thinks about a topic before making any statements of my own, I can't even imagine holding any view as weakly as that.
This is a little closer to my point but you're still missing something. Having a little tact isn't "weak." It's actually a quality a lot of people value. You don't have to agree with everyone else's life choices, but you should at least respect others enough to be able to shrug it off with a "that's not for me but I"m glad for you." And even a small amount of etiquette suggests while you feel this way, the only part you actually express is when you are happy for them pursuing what's right for them. In the event you aren't happy for them, just keep your mouth shut. Age old cliche: if you can't say something nice, keep your cock holster shut and don't do anything to make you look like a douche bag. (I may have modernized it a little.)
Old 09-19-2017, 12:16 AM   #2013
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
That's not what "not projecting your values onto others" means. Not even close. It means not assuming what is important to you is important to others. It also means not assuming things about others' motivation for doing what they do. By no means does it suggest you "just hide in a closet the rest of your life." I'm not entirely sure how anyone could draw such a conclusion, really.

Once again you're missing wide left here. Certainly nobody has a right to IMPOSE their values on you but a person choosing to lose weight for her own reasons hardly equates to imposing values. Also, the converse is true: YOU have no right to impose YOUR values on others! While you DO have the right to approach these topics from your own perspective, it takes a serious lack of social grace to respond the way you did to Ohio Lady's comments about losing weight. You had no idea why she was losing weight, yet you assumed it was a bad thing and respond with this flawed assumption as if you knew better than she does what's right for her. Why would you feel the need to impose your values on her like that?

This is a little closer to my point but you're still missing something. Having a little tact isn't "weak." It's actually a quality a lot of people value. You don't have to agree with everyone else's life choices, but you should at least respect others enough to be able to shrug it off with a "that's not for me but I"m glad for you." And even a small amount of etiquette suggests while you feel this way, the only part you actually express is when you are happy for them pursuing what's right for them. In the event you aren't happy for them, just keep your mouth shut. Age old cliche: if you can't say something nice, keep your cock holster shut and don't do anything to make you look like a douche bag. (I may have modernized it a little.)
Damnit I can't rep you for this! You said it better than I was planning to.

OT: After noting my climb to 225 I decided to run with it for a little bit before getting rid of a bunch of it again, since I don't expect to ever be this heavy again without... some serious external incentives/medical complications. Because... while there's definitely something to be said for the "tactile feedback" of carrying 3+ ppi at pretty much minimal muscle levels, and it was kind of novel to eat 3 hotdogs (w/bun) and not be unpleasantly full for the first time in living memory... it's not for me as a sustained thing. THAT BEING SAID... I will initially just exercise without imposing noteworthy dietary restrictions on myself and see if that yields any results before clamping down if I must, AND, once I get where I want to be (below 200 at least but preferably closer to 180) I will assume more of a maintenance diet while still exercising and see if I can't do a "best of both worlds" thing, instead of being stupid like last time and just stopping once I got to 180 so I could spend 3 years slowly sliding back to where I had been and then some.

Oh yeah, I peaked at 235. Still 6' 3".
Old 09-19-2017, 02:17 AM   #2014
TwoSwords

Quote:
It means not assuming what is important to you is important to others. It also means not assuming things about others' motivation for doing what they do. By no means does it suggest you "just hide in a closet the rest of your life." I'm not entirely sure how anyone could draw such a conclusion, really.
It's kind of what I face in my real life. I have never encountered a situation where even a single person has allowed me to express my real feelings in the mildest way without treating me like an alien for it (not even here, where they're supposed to be freaking standard, thank you very much.) So, after a certain amount of time, the need to share is too great, and you want to be positive, so you say, "Alright. I'm going to give people a chance to show they're reasonable. I'm going to give people the benefit of the doubt, and assume the best of them." Without doing this, there simply is no one to interact with, and life, as a social factor, comes to an end, which is where the "closet" comes in.

Quote:
Once again you're missing wide left here. Certainly nobody has a right to IMPOSE their values on you but a person choosing to lose weight for her own reasons hardly equates to imposing values.
Yet you are trying to control how I react to what others say.

Quote:
Also, the converse is true: YOU have no right to impose YOUR values on others! While you DO have the right to approach these topics from your own perspective, it takes a serious lack of social grace to respond the way you did to Ohio Lady's comments about losing weight. You had no idea why she was losing weight, yet you assumed it was a bad thing and respond with this flawed assumption as if you knew better than she does what's right for her. Why would you feel the need to impose your values on her like that?
I imposed nothing. I offered sympathy for a problem she seemed to be having. It was a charitable act (what I have longed, for literally decades, for others to do unto me,) and I still don't see why you're so ticked off about it.

Quote:
You don't have to agree with everyone else's life choices, but you should at least respect others enough to be able to shrug it off with a "that's not for me but I"m glad for you." And even a small amount of etiquette suggests while you feel this way, the only part you actually express is when you are happy for them pursuing what's right for them.
That's not true. Lots of people share their sorrows.

Quote:
In the event you aren't happy for them, just keep your mouth shut.
And you wonder why I mentioned the closet.

Quote:
Age old cliche: if you can't say something nice, keep your cock holster shut and don't do anything to make you look like a douche bag. (I may have modernized it a little.)
Again, I was offering reassurance and sympathy. If you can't understand that, keep your own freaking mouth shut. You've been a lot more rude to me here than I ever was to her, and if that's not a lack of "social graces," I have literally no idea what would be.

I mean that. I still have no clue what you mean by "social graces." It sounds like you just want me to assimilate more of the values of the poisonous culture in which we live.

P.S.: Lest you claim that's not the case, keep in mind that I have never encountered anyone who practiced what you're suggesting. Not anyone. One of my coworkers has horrified me by telling me that she thinks I've lost weight, and another several loudly talk about how they're not satisfied, and want to lose more weight if they can. When they do this, they're not checking with everyone in the room, to make sure they're not offending anyone (and believe me, they are.) So, if you think I've done anything wrong here, you should be absolutely horrified by the way they acted.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #2015
happily_married

Twoswords, I would really like to reply point for point on your last post but I will decline for a few reasons, not the least of which is I won't drag this thread further off topic. Suffice to say I am not discouraging you from expressing your views. But when someone shares what is TO THEM good news and you reply with condolences it's socially inept at best and downright rude at worst.

All others, sorry for the detour. In an effort to get back on topic, I weigh 175 right now. I'll trim that back down to 170 in the coming weeks.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:14 AM   #2016
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

With my current 4+ hours of hard biking each week, it seems that no matter how much it feels like I'm eating my weight keeps sliding down -- was at 216 this weekend. What will be rough is when the weather cuts off the biking, and I have to retrain my appetite -- suspect most of what was lost will come back quickly during that transition!
Old 09-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #2017
LarryTheNoodleGuy

LarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going onLarryTheNoodleGuy knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm 5'8 and as of this morning, 217 pounds. When I graduated high school I was 135 pounds and wore 30-30 jeans, I remember.
LarryTheNoodleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #2018
TwoSwords

Quote:
Twoswords, I would really like to reply point for point on your last post but I will decline for a few reasons, not the least of which is I won't drag this thread further off topic. Suffice to say I am not discouraging you from expressing your views. But when someone shares what is TO THEM good news and you reply with condolences it's socially inept at best and downright rude at worst.
Rudeness requires intent to offend, which is not the case here, and frankly, social success is not even remotely a motive that I have. I just need to express my feelings. Thank you for giving me the chance to do that. As for the rest, I agree that if you want to continue this discussion, we can do so by private message or something along those lines. I was just about to suggest something of the kind.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:07 AM   #2019
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

310 Pounds
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #2020
khrestel

khrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going onkhrestel knows EXACTLY what's going on

177 lbs. I've been hoovering around 180 lbs for 1,5 years now killing myself with sports, guilt, stress and all the related and still haven't been able to shed the 25 lbs docs still complain about. I'm beginning to realise I really need to build me a new, improved fat girl persona instead of trying to pass as normal.
khrestel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #2021
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Khestrel: I was just wondering about you the other day, glad you posted.

And as for your doctors, I find it hard to believe that 25 pounds will make that much difference, compared to all that you lost already!
Old 09-24-2017, 04:17 PM   #2022
Am Jim

Am Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this boardAm Jim carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
I am feeling better! Breathing is easier now.
This is excellent, great job!
Am Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #2023
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

284 last month...felt like I might have lost a few pounds so stepped on it again last week 282.7
I find myself not going into that particular bathroom that has that scale. Avoidance has never been my true friend.

Yo-fucking-yo is my middle name. Bought cucumber and celery when shopping today. Back on Weight Watchers soon- maybe tomorrow.

As soon as I stop waging a constant battle with my weight, it overpowers me quickly. So do the health problems associated with it as well as aching knees that feel like they don't want to hold my weight.

Exercising more would help- especially since I work a desk job and gave up the part time housekeeping gig.

GDI

Funny that in fat world I see people being "resentful" of not gaining. Holy shit...only on the great big web.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:27 AM   #2024
TwoSwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
284 last month...felt like I might have lost a few pounds so stepped on it again last week 282.7
I find myself not going into that particular bathroom that has that scale. Avoidance has never been my true friend.

Yo-fucking-yo is my middle name. Bought cucumber and celery when shopping today. Back on Weight Watchers soon- maybe tomorrow.

As soon as I stop waging a constant battle with my weight, it overpowers me quickly. So do the health problems associated with it as well as aching knees that feel like they don't want to hold my weight.

Exercising more would help- especially since I work a desk job and gave up the part time housekeeping gig.

GDI

Funny that in fat world I see people being "resentful" of not gaining. Holy shit...only on the great big web.
Yes. Exercise helps a lot. Before last October, I had blood pressure issues, was getting easily tired and had joint pains. I started going for a half hour walk five-to-six mornings a week, switched to healthier drinks with a lower sugar content, and all of those problems disappeared. I didn't lose much weight (thank God,) but it's definitely made me a healthier person, and I still think that weight is a terrible thing to blame poor health on. It's like blaming it on a person's height.

And maybe some people resent that you're not gaining, but honestly, I don't care one way or the other. I just don't like seeing fatness treated disdainfully. That's why I'm here.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #2025
Ohio Lady

Quote:
I can say at one time I was at 475 felt bad, couldn't breathe due to COPD from second hand smoke and asthma from just a child.. Over time I went down to 378 after a tummy tuck where I had infection from the belly roll laying on my legs, since there I've tried to lose weight for my health.. For me being only 4'11" health issues were always popping up is why I have lost down to 334 and working on losing more where I can get to walking again more than short distances.

I would like to get under 300 where I can get moving again and keep up with my grandchildren.. This is what Happily Married was meaning and I didn't mean to create a stir up over this at all.. Sorry for all the misunderstanding since you didn't know the entire reason is to why my weight had come down. Thank you for the comment to the weight though.
Ohio Lady is offline   Reply With Quote