Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 12-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

Flutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Got a job... BUT the bad news is....

I got hired today for a new job that sounds great. But the bad news is, I don't have any business/dress clothes that fit.

I also have no money.

They have a dress code (no tshirts, no jeans, etc. - standard business wear). I'm REALLY worried about this. I posted on freecycle, so I hope someone has SOMETHING.

Any other ideas?

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. (me)
Flutterby68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
comaseason
Housewares

comaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging in

I know in Portland there's a charity called Dressed for Success, or something like that, that donates business casual and professional clothes to people in need specifically for jobs or for job interviews. So you might want to check and see if you have something like that in your area.

Good luck!

http://comaseason.deviantart.com/
comaseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Brenda

Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Brenda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What size are you?
Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
Fascinita
Jeez, we're blessed!

Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fascinita has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thrift stores. It takes patience, and a willingness to sift through a lot of junk, but you should be able to score at least a few outfits to start with.

Congrats on the job.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Laura2008
Chicago hotdog

Laura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 club

I have a few skirts and tops that are to big on me now and should be appropriate for a work enviroment. Let me know if you're interested and I'd be happy to give them to you. I'm not that far from Westland. My stuff is a 26/28.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

craigslist. Seriously.

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
Flutterby68
My Cups Runneth Over

Flutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFlutterby68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Thanks for the input ladies

I'm a size 22 or 24 depending on cut/style (and rather tall, so petite lengths don't work on me).

Laura, thanks for the offer but that size would be too large for me.

I intend to hit the thrift stores with my first check, but that's at least 3 weeks away... I've posted on freecycle, but no responses there.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. (me)
Flutterby68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
Sugar

Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sugar has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have some stuff in 22/24 that I'd be happy to send you, no charge.

You can PM me if you want.

Last edited by Sugar; 12-02-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote