Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #26
steve-aka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 600
steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane View Post
People do all kinds of crazy for money. This may be one such case.
Plus, she may be a struggling actress just starting out and in need of some jobs for her reel, as degrading as it is. Also roles for fat girls in the "industry" are unfortunately few and far in between and you have to keep your face out there to get more work. That's the regrettable way of it in the world of film and television acting, work or fade forgettably.

And I do believe she IS indeed the same person in the Eli Braden video, which itself isn't exactly a bastion of fat positivity, although FAR less insulting than this video. I also looked her up on imdb and they listed her as a cast member in a movie called Muffin Man which doesn't seem to be very fat friendly either. Oh, well, at least she's consistent.

However, she was indeed very HOT!
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 AM   #27
lovembiiiiig
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6
lovembiiiiig has said some nice things
Default

You know, it could be possible. Once, with a woman who was maybe 350 tops, she collapsed on me after an intense 69 session just after I came. My orgasm was so intense that it had left me totally sapped of energy. Meanwhile, I couldn't draw the slightest breath due to the lady's large hanging belly engulfing my face! I pushed hard as I could but could not budge her. Thank the lord she finally rolled off of me, but it took a good five minutes for me to be able to talk without gasping between each word. Then again, the (absolutely gorgeous!) lady in this vid is a pear also; her bosom doesn't appear to be unbearably heavy. But after my experience I can't categorically call BS.
lovembiiiiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:11 AM   #28
Gspoon
Spoonah
 
Gspoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 727
Gspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Even if you had an orgasm, you would sense that your breath was becoming weaker and the like and survival instincts would kick in. I could take a 500 lbs woman into bed and push her off of me. She isn't 500 pounds on every bit of her body, otherwise she would not be able to move, ever. Not to mention, if you were to tap her sides in an attempt to breath... or try to shriek. That would kick her back into consciousness and would allow her to move off of you.

Mostly cause adrenaline can kick in and save you. It slows everything down and allows you to do things you normally wouldn't be able to do. But, I digress.
__________________
"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill
Gspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #29
S13Drifter
JDM Fanboy
 
S13Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 364
S13Drifter does more than just post hot picsS13Drifter does more than just post hot picsS13Drifter does more than just post hot picsS13Drifter does more than just post hot pics
Default

Yet another reason I stop watching spike. It feels like idiocracy the movie, but real life. However I do agree that the woman is very cute in the video.
__________________
I like cars, big women, food, and puppies.
S13Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 12:37 AM   #30
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
 
Wild Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,419
Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gspoon View Post
She isn't 500 pounds on every bit of her body
oh man i wish eheheheheheheheheheh
__________________
We'll sing the songs to fan the flames of discontent.
Wild Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #31
Angelina
 
Angelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 63
Angelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot pics
Wink how right you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-aka View Post
Plus, she may be a struggling actress just starting out and in need of some jobs for her reel, as degrading as it is. Also roles for fat girls in the "industry" are unfortunately few and far in between and you have to keep your face out there to get more work. That's the regrettable way of it in the world of film and television acting, work or fade forgettably.

And I do believe she IS indeed the same person in the Eli Braden video, which itself isn't exactly a bastion of fat positivity, although FAR less insulting than this video. I also looked her up on imdb and they listed her as a cast member in a movie called Muffin Man which doesn't seem to be very fat friendly either. Oh, well, at least she's consistent.

However, she was indeed very HOT!

Hi, I'm Angelina, the actress that you're talking about I was googling myself and found this forum. I feel I must comment about my choices....

The Muffin Man movie was sort of presented differently than the finished product. Most of the actors involved are pretty disappointed at the way it turned out. During filming it was a great family-like atmosphere and aside from the fat jokes(they're always there mind you, even in the most positive of fat movies) we never got the impression that the 'mockumentary' was going to be so...um, uncomfortably fattist.
Everything else I do(music videos, skits, modelling, etc.) is just to have my presence out there more & more. The people I've had the pleasure of working with have been kind and considerate, even the folks at spike TV.
I made a choice to be an actress, and I will take (most) legitimate projects as long as the people who present it are honest and respectful. It's not always about pay either. I've done a few projects that I'm really proud of(see attached pic) that I didn't receive any payment for, but liked the concept & the creator.

I find it funny, however, to see the majority of men that appreciate my work, while women(generally) have comments that are like, 'oh how can she do that?'...I read in one forum how some woman thought I was 'sloppy', because of some imagined stain on my dress(there was none, she was just projecting)
Fortunately, I have an answer for why and how I can do this. I like myself. I am overweight and while I'd change it if I could, it is what it is now. If I can get (legit, non porn)work as an actress, I will take it. So just expect to see me on TV, in magazines/galleries or in movies more often. M'kay?

Thanks for your ogling and appreciation
Angelina

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 12-27-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Removed pic - violated forum rules
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #32
S13Drifter
JDM Fanboy
 
S13Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 364
S13Drifter does more than just post hot picsS13Drifter does more than just post hot picsS13Drifter does more than just post hot picsS13Drifter does more than just post hot pics
Default

Wow well Hello and I guess i will have to keep my eye out for more of your work.
__________________
I like cars, big women, food, and puppies.
S13Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #33
rob47v
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17
rob47v has said some nice things
Default

Well as we can all see she is not only beautiful, but also confident which makes her even more beautiful on a higher level. Indeed many of us will be looking out for feature work. The more women like Angelina that arise from the background and show that these ladies are here real and ready for anything that the world has for them. The better we would all be for knowing them. Dear lady don't change a thing, your perfect just as you are. Just do what makes you happy.
rob47v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #34
gangstadawg
the wanderer
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,289
gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Hi, I'm Angelina, the actress that you're talking about I was googling myself and found this forum. I feel I must comment about my choices....

The Muffin Man movie was sort of presented differently than the finished product. Most of the actors involved are pretty disappointed at the way it turned out. During filming it was a great family-like atmosphere and aside from the fat jokes(they're always there mind you, even in the most positive of fat movies) we never got the impression that the 'mockumentary' was going to be so...um, uncomfortably fattist.
Everything else I do(music videos, skits, modelling, etc.) is just to have my presence out there more & more. The people I've had the pleasure of working with have been kind and considerate, even the folks at spike TV.
I made a choice to be an actress, and I will take (most) legitimate projects as long as the people who present it are honest and respectful. It's not always about pay either. I've done a few projects that I'm really proud of(see attached pic) that I didn't receive any payment for, but liked the concept & the creator.

I find it funny, however, to see the majority of men that appreciate my work, while women(generally) have comments that are like, 'oh how can she do that?'...I read in one forum how some woman thought I was 'sloppy', because of some imagined stain on my dress(there was none, she was just projecting)
Fortunately, I have an answer for why and how I can do this. I like myself. I am overweight and while I'd change it if I could, it is what it is now. If I can get (legit, non porn)work as an actress, I will take it. So just expect to see me on TV, in magazines/galleries or in movies more often. M'kay?

Thanks for your ogling and appreciation
Angelina
we appreciate you comming here. come back any time.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #35
GregW
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 104
GregW can now change their title
Default

Interesting thread - why am I such a prolific poster today? 'Cuz I'm sick at home with a stomach virus.

I'd put this story in the Urban Legend category, but I would like to relate a tale that could have some relevance. I knew a SSBBW from Omaha (haven't seen her in ~10 yrs, and her name was not Bess - my wife and I used to hang out with her at events) who told me about a similar situation between her and her husband that ended with him passing out. I'm not sure if the paramedics were called, but I know that he easily was revived and certainly did not die. IIRC, he eventually turned out to be a using bum and she "kicked him to the curb" and they got divorced.

As for the comment by Poncedeleon, I agree completely. I've more than held my own against people more than twice my weight in groundwork, But there are plenty of folks who weigh significantly less than me who can easily throw me, pin me, and tap me like a drum. If, however, alcohol or some kind of stimulant/controlled substance was involved in this probably hypothetical and fictional scenario then it becomes more plausible.

I also have to agree with the previous comments about Angelina being smokin' hot. It looks like she already has a fan club on this site, and hopefully she'll have a long acting career that includes a number of size-positive roles and she'll post updates here.
GregW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #36
t3h_n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 271
t3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane View Post
People do all kinds of crazy for money. This may be one such case.
This. There are entire industries founded on the exploitation of oppressed groups. These industries could not exist without the willing participation of members of said groups.
t3h_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #37
t3h_n00b
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 271
t3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
we appreciate you comming here. come back any time.
Agreed, your perspective and experience are welcomed and valued.
t3h_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #38
FatAndProud
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,889
FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

That video turned me on...I want a guy to stare at my body like he did lol
FatAndProud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #39
orin
 
orin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staten Island NY
Posts: 1,142
orin can now change their title
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncedeleon View Post
That does seem pretty suspect. In judo and jiu jitsu I've swept people who are much larger than me and actively trying to hold me down without that much trouble. You'd think that in a life or death situation he could wriggle out from under a sleeping fat woman, or at least twist his neck enough so that he could breathe. My best guess is that they left something out like you suggested. Maybe he was really frail or drunk.

Haha, I just heard the "donuts go nuts" wordplay. The tone of the video might be offensive if it wasn't so hilariously dumb.
I am guessing frail .... dude should have got his weight up
orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #40
Jon Blaze
Dusk
 
Jon Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK ya dig? ;)
Posts: 6,744
Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncedeleon View Post
That does seem pretty suspect. In judo and jiu jitsu I've swept people who are much larger than me and actively trying to hold me down without that much trouble. You'd think that in a life or death situation he could wriggle out from under a sleeping fat woman, or at least twist his neck enough so that he could breathe. My best guess is that they left something out like you suggested. Maybe he was really frail or drunk.

Haha, I just heard the "donuts go nuts" wordplay. The tone of the video might be offensive if it wasn't so hilariously dumb.
That's something I considered too.

I have enough strength in my legs to physically push someone off of me, but if anything maneuverability and leverage is something missing from this puzzle.

We'll never know though. Funny how groundfighting lets you peer into the idea. lol
__________________
Love people of all sizes!!! History is sometimes more logical than society.- Me

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #41
UrbanSugar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
UrbanSugar has said some nice things
Default

ohh did the media notice that there are a lot of men out there who prefer bigger women? so they decided to try and install fear..so they can keep making millions featuring skinny girls this show is a pack of crap anyway that girl was a beauty
UrbanSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #42
steve-aka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 600
steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Hello, Angelina. Thanks for coming here and posting your opinion on all this; it takes a lot of courage knowing you might be attacked for doing so considering the essence of what Dimensions is all about. However, seeing from your post count, you may just have been cruising through and will therefore forever remain a one-post wonder here in the land of Dims. I hope not though as I feel you may enjoy and perhaps benefit from stopping by here on occasion, especially as you can see you're quite popular with us guys!

At any rate, I'm rather surprised that you and the other actors of the Muffin Man movie felt duped by the finished product. I mean you did read the script, right? I'm curious as to how the producers could have convinced you of its benign nature? Of course they were nice during filming, they NEEDED you to be comfortable enough to shoot your scenes so they could fulfill their lipophobic agenda of once again blaming all society's ills on fat people. Sorry for being so harsh, but I wonder how you could be so naive? I have not seen the movie but judging by what you've said and the reviews I read of it on Netflix, I have no desire to ever see it!

I know your aspiration to be an actress means you'll have to take unsavory parts that essentially belittle fat people but I hope you're also willing to take the blame for being part of the problem. You can't somehow acquit yourself from responsibility simply because there are no other parts for fat people or by using the excuse that some other fat woman would just take the part if you didn't. Believe me I AM aware of how difficult it is for large women in our society, I see the struggles my wife goes through every day, but if you're gonna take part in this messed up world of acting you must also be prepared for people to get angry at you for perpetuating stereotypes of fat people. There are many fat people and those of us who love them that are sick and tired of seeing fat people portrayed as grotesque or ugly or somehow defective. However, just as you take the roles you get, us guys take the fat actresses we get and we will still find you beautiful even if we don't find your characters beautiful.

That said, I do hope you become a regular here on Dimensions. I feel we have just as much to learn from your experiences as an actress as you do from Dimensions on how to to be proud, not only despite of but because of your fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Hi, I'm Angelina, the actress that you're talking about I was googling myself and found this forum. I feel I must comment about my choices....

The Muffin Man movie was sort of presented differently than the finished product. Most of the actors involved are pretty disappointed at the way it turned out. During filming it was a great family-like atmosphere and aside from the fat jokes(they're always there mind you, even in the most positive of fat movies) we never got the impression that the 'mockumentary' was going to be so...um, uncomfortably fattist.
Everything else I do(music videos, skits, modelling, etc.) is just to have my presence out there more & more. The people I've had the pleasure of working with have been kind and considerate, even the folks at spike TV.
I made a choice to be an actress, and I will take (most) legitimate projects as long as the people who present it are honest and respectful. It's not always about pay either. I've done a few projects that I'm really proud of(see attached pic) that I didn't receive any payment for, but liked the concept & the creator.

I find it funny, however, to see the majority of men that appreciate my work, while women(generally) have comments that are like, 'oh how can she do that?'...I read in one forum how some woman thought I was 'sloppy', because of some imagined stain on my dress(there was none, she was just projecting)
Fortunately, I have an answer for why and how I can do this. I like myself. I am overweight and while I'd change it if I could, it is what it is now. If I can get (legit, non porn)work as an actress, I will take it. So just expect to see me on TV, in magazines/galleries or in movies more often. M'kay?

Thanks for your ogling and appreciation
Angelina
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #43
Angelina
 
Angelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 63
Angelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot pics
Wink Hmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-aka;1353175

At any rate, I'm rather surprised that you and the other actors of the [I
Muffin Man[/I] movie felt duped by the finished product. I mean you did read the script, right? I'm curious as to how the producers could have convinced you of its benign nature? Of course they were nice during filming, they NEEDED you to be comfortable enough to shoot your scenes so they could fulfill their lipophobic agenda of once again blaming all society's ills on fat people. Sorry for being so harsh, but I wonder how you could be so naive? I have not seen the movie but judging by what you've said and the reviews I read of it on Netflix, I have no desire to ever see it!

You'd have to see the movie to understand why it didn't register with any of us. The add ins that were put into the movie in post production made the finished product different from what we filmed.

None of the characters I've played have been portrayed as grotesque, ugly or defective. Just fat. Its like being blond or blue eyed, it is what it is. Now, I will refuse to accept a part that is going to make me uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean that someone else will be OK with doing the same things I am comfortable with. We all have our insecurities that limit what we will do. I like myself, and I'm ok doing the things I have done and I will likely do again. I refuse to let the negative comments(pro- and anti-fat) get to me because in the end, it doesn't matter to me. I'm going to do the things that get me to my goals and dreams, and damn the 'consequences' of opinions(which, you've heard the one about how everyone has one, right?) -- You gotta Live for yourself. Do what makes you happiest. It will annoy and piss people off to no end when they cannot pigeonhole you into a stereotype, and trust me, I absolutely LOVE to piss off and annoy people that indulge in judging me based on appearance alone. Or at all.


~A
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM   #44
Angelina
 
Angelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 63
Angelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot pics
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSugar View Post
ohh did the media notice that there are a lot of men out there who prefer bigger women? so they decided to try and install fear..so they can keep making millions featuring skinny girls this show is a pack of crap anyway that girl was a beauty

Awww thanks, love.

<3
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #45
steve-aka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 600
steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
You'd have to see the movie to understand why it didn't register with any of us. The add ins that were put into the movie in post production made the finished product different from what we filmed.
Well, I can certainly see how "add ins" and whatnot could change the tone, and if that's the case I'm sorry you were so duped. Have you had any contact with the producers or director since seeing the finished product? I wonder what their responses are to your and your fellow castmates disappointment in the final film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
None of the characters I've played have been portrayed as grotesque, ugly or defective.
I beg to differ here. The character you played in the very subject of this thread was portrayed as grotesque and ugly, certainly NOT by you, but by the puerile narration. I mean phrases like "hog heaven" and "like a harpooned whale" and "big game hunter" all reduce you to a mere animal. As if you're nothing more than some sort of beast. Now you may be able to disregard things like that in your life, in which case more power to you, but to see fat women, women whom you find beautiful and sensuous referred to over and over again in this ignominious manner by the mass media and the general public can be really tiring. The basic message is that women like yourself are not human, but beasts who don't deserve the same respect that women of a smaller stature do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
I refuse to let the negative comments(pro- and anti-fat) get to me because in the end, it doesn't matter to me.
I'm curious as to how a pro-fat comment can be construed as negative? Perhaps you mean negative comments directed towards you by people from within the size acceptance movement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
I'm going to do the things that get me to my goals and dreams, and damn the 'consequences' of opinions(which, you've heard the one about how everyone has one, right?) -- You gotta Live for yourself. Do what makes you happiest. It will annoy and piss people off to no end when they cannot pigeonhole you into a stereotype, and trust me, I absolutely LOVE to piss off and annoy people that indulge in judging me based on appearance alone. Or at all.
I'm glad that you feel this way and I'm certainly NOT trying to dissuade you otherwise. However, I'm just trying to show you there are people out here who love big women and respect them not only for their bodies but for their personalities as well. I also hope that you're aware that things like your 1000 Ways to Die segment, although most certainly HOT because of your presence, are still quite insulting to us FAs on many levels. Now I know this isn't something you had any control over and there was nothing about your performance that was grotesque or ugly, but the bottom line is that Hollywood generally has little regard for large women beyond making fun of them.

At any rate, I'm glad to see you prove my "one-post wonder" comment wrong. I do hope you'll continue to come here and perhaps become an active member of the Dimensions community. Hopefully you'll look around the other forums to explore just what we're all about. You'll find there are many different people here, smart, funny, beautiful as well as stupid, humorless and ugly, but all that is in spite of our relative body sizes. In other words, we are pretty much just like everybody else, some of us just happen to have a little extra mass.

I'd like to say in conclusion that you ARE a very beautiful woman and I wish you the best of luck in your acting career! Hopefully you'll be able to strike a balance between finding work that furthers your career and finding work that isn't too demeaning of the inherent beauty you have on the inside and the outside. Take care, Angelina.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #46
Angelina
 
Angelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 63
Angelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-aka View Post


I beg to differ here. The character you played in the very subject of this thread was portrayed as grotesque and ugly, certainly NOT by you, but by the puerile narration. I mean phrases like "hog heaven" and "like a harpooned whale" and "big game hunter" all reduce you to a mere animal. As if you're nothing more than some sort of beast. Now you may be able to disregard things like that in your life, in which case more power to you, but to see fat women, women whom you find beautiful and sensuous referred to over and over again in this ignominious manner by the mass media and the general public can be really tiring. The basic message is that women like yourself are not human, but beasts who don't deserve the same respect that women of a smaller stature do.

No, that is wrong. All women are objectified in some manner. Even and especially here. I've gotten so many msgs from men that are only interested in me because of my size. Hell one guy even persisted in asking my height and weight in several emails. (Just because its the internet, doesn't absolve you of common courtesy and manners.) I understand that isn't the case for all men on this forum, but I'd say it was a pretty large percentage, otherwise why would you be here?

I'm all for acceptance, but it should be self acceptance all around, not just fat. Beauty is beauty regardless of size, and to say 'I only date big women' makes you just as guilty of perpetuating stereotypes and divisiveness as the guys who will only date pneumatic blonds who are less than a size 2
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #47
gangstadawg
the wanderer
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,289
gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
No, that is wrong. All women are objectified in some manner. Even and especially here. I've gotten so many msgs from men that are only interested in me because of my size. Hell one guy even persisted in asking my height and weight in several emails. (Just because its the internet, doesn't absolve you of common courtesy and manners.) I understand that isn't the case for all men on this forum, but I'd say it was a pretty large percentage, otherwise why would you be here?

I'm all for acceptance, but it should be self acceptance all around, not just fat. Beauty is beauty regardless of size, and to say 'I only date big women' makes you just as guilty of perpetuating stereotypes and divisiveness as the guys who will only date pneumatic blonds who are less than a size 2
not necessarly. it really depends on how its worded/ how its said. my preferance is big women there for thats what i date. does it mean that i feel that skinny women are ugly? no it just means that im not attracted to them and they are not my preference they are beautiful in there own way but they are not for me. having a preference is ok as long as your not using that prefereance as a vehicle for hate towards what your not attracted too.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #48
steve-aka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 600
steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
No, that is wrong. All women are objectified in some manner. Even and especially here. I've gotten so many msgs from men that are only interested in me because of my size. Hell one guy even persisted in asking my height and weight in several emails. (Just because its the internet, doesn't absolve you of common courtesy and manners.) I understand that isn't the case for all men on this forum, but I'd say it was a pretty large percentage, otherwise why would you be here?

I'm all for acceptance, but it should be self acceptance all around, not just fat. Beauty is beauty regardless of size, and to say 'I only date big women' makes you just as guilty of perpetuating stereotypes and divisiveness as the guys who will only date pneumatic blonds who are less than a size 2
Well I agree with you on this for the most part. Sure women are objectified, but that doesn't mean you should succumb to the objectification yourself. Especially not by having it shown on national television. That is a sort of mass-objectification that doesn't do you or other women any good. Plus it just panders to the sizists who seize on it to further their bigoted views about fat people. I mean I really can't see how you can defend that horrible narration. It was demeaning, plain and simple. Are you proud of what was said in it? What do your friends think of it? Your family?

Now, I'm truly sorry that some guys have pestered you simply because of your extra curviness and you're right, not being face to face with someone doesn't give a person an excuse to be rude. However, the same could be said for a television network. The fact that they're not facing the people they're speaking to doesn't absolve them from common courtesy and manners either. In many cases it's even worse when they do something offensive because at least on the internet it's a two way form of communication, whereas TV is a passive, one-way medium. That's part of the reason why I don't watch television.

As for me liking fat women, that is very true. I do prefer women with lots of rolls and curves. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with that either. Everybody has something they prefer in a partner. I'm sure you like certain things in a guy and are generally more inclined to date someone with those attributes.

However, just because I prefer big women sexually doesn't mean I have anything against skinny women, I just don't find them attractive. They do nothing to stimulate me sexually. That is not being sizist, just me accepting myself for who I am. I don't go around bashing skinny women, like it seems to be okay to do to fat women, or at least way more tolerated. I mean, it's highly unlikely that show you were on would do a segment where an anorectic woman kills a guy by piercing him during intercourse with her protruding bones. But a fat woman smothering her partner, that's comedy gold with a freak show twist!

At any rate, the bottom line is that one can accept people for who they are without necessarily being sexually attracted to them. And isn't part of having "self acceptance all around" also being able to accept yourself for who you are too? Also, let me ask you this, if me only wanting to have relationships with big women promotes divisiveness, then does that also go for a gay man who only wants to be with other men? Do homosexuals promote divisiveness because they won't date women? Do you promote divisiveness because you don't want to date women?

I don't mean to be impolite or anything. I just like to have substantive conversations about subjects like this. Everything I say is stated with the utmost respect for you as a person. I'm only trying to voice another viewpoint here, to let you know how the roles you choose can affect their intended and unintended audience. Things like that segment of yours get out there and perhaps a teenage girl who's struggling with weight issues sees it; how do you think it might make her feel? The things we do in life have wide ranging ramifications that we can only imagine. Just food for thought. Thanks for listening.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #49
Clonenumber47
Mike
 
Clonenumber47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
Posts: 106
Clonenumber47 has super-sized repClonenumber47 has super-sized repClonenumber47 has super-sized repClonenumber47 has super-sized rep
Default

"Ray" was a pansy, pure and simple. I took issue with this and the episode of C.S.I. which featured the same style of death. Personally I think this situation comes more out of paranoia and assumption instead of actual fact.
__________________
-Mike M. (clonenumber47)
Clonenumber47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #50
Angelina
 
Angelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 63
Angelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot pics
Default This isn't going to make me very popular, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-aka View Post
Well I agree with you on this for the most part. Sure women are objectified, but that doesn't mean you should succumb to the objectification yourself. Especially not by having it shown on national television. That is a sort of mass-objectification that doesn't do you or other women any good. Plus it just panders to the sizists who seize on it to further their bigoted views about fat people. I mean I really can't see how you can defend that horrible narration. It was demeaning, plain and simple. Are you proud of what was said in it? What do your friends think of it? Your family?.
My friends and family support me in my choices. They are proud and impressed that I am willing to put myself out there for entertainment (and judgment), whereas so many people are not. i find the biggest detractors are usually ones who are hard pressed to be dragged out from behind their computer screen-names and aliases to subject themselves to the same treatment.

Quote:
Now, I'm truly sorry that some guys have pestered you simply because of your extra curviness and you're right, not being face to face with someone doesn't give a person an excuse to be rude. However, the same could be said for a television network. The fact that they're not facing the people they're speaking to doesn't absolve them from common courtesy and manners either. In many cases it's even worse when they do something offensive because at least on the internet it's a two way form of communication, whereas TV is a passive, one-way medium. That's part of the reason why I don't watch television..
The networks are not insulting me personally, they are describing a character I was playing.... and even if they are, there isn't much I can do to make them change their opinion of me. People are going to think and feel however they want in regards to other people. Like I said though, the producers/directors and most of the other assorted crew were always respectful, kind and fun to be around. Not to say that I'm a doormat by any means....woe betide the fool who dares insult me to my face.

Quote:
As for me liking fat women, that is very true. I do prefer women with lots of rolls and curves. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with that either. Everybody has something they prefer in a partner. I'm sure you like certain things in a guy and are generally more inclined to date someone with those attributes. .
But see, you say rolls and curves as a descriptive the same way other men say long legs, big tits and blonde hair. This is the very reason I've avoided FA's and the forums that they tend to lurk in. I don't want someone to like me just because I'm fat, just like I wouldn't want someone to like me just because i'm thin. I want someone to like me for me. Tall order, I know, but
that is my ideal. There are physical things that I prefer yes, but am willing to give a chance to guys who don't fit within those preferences as well. I try to find beauty in different presentations. Just because the box is pretty, doesn't mean the contents are and vice-versa. There should be more important things to look for in a person, like integrity, intelligence and a sense of humor(three attributes that I do NOT deviate from in my quest for a partner)

Quote:
However, just because I prefer big women sexually doesn't mean I have anything against skinny women, I just don't find them attractive. They do nothing to stimulate me sexually. That is not being sizist, just me accepting myself for who I am. I don't go around bashing skinny women, like it seems to be okay to do to fat women, or at least way more tolerated. I mean, it's highly unlikely that show you were on would do a segment where an anorectic woman kills a guy by piercing him during intercourse with her protruding bones. But a fat woman smothering her partner, that's comedy gold with a freak show twist!.
You personally might not bash thin women, but there are many that do. Even by using the term 'Real women' to describe only average or plus size women is a veiled insult towards skinny chicks.
And actually, if you can present it in a humorous manner, then the situation described would likely be used.

Quote:
At any rate, the bottom line is that one can accept people for who they are without necessarily being sexually attracted to them. And isn't part of having "self acceptance all around" also being able to accept yourself for who you are too? Also, let me ask you this, if me only wanting to have relationships with big women promotes divisiveness, then does that also go for a gay man who only wants to be with other men? Do homosexuals promote divisiveness because they won't date women? Do you promote divisiveness because you don't want to date women?.
Gay men and women are BORN that way. Your argument is completely invalid.

Quote:
I don't mean to be impolite or anything. I just like to have substantive conversations about subjects like this. Everything I say is stated with the utmost respect for you as a person. I'm only trying to voice another viewpoint here, to let you know how the roles you choose can affect their intended and unintended audience. Things like that segment of yours get out there and perhaps a teenage girl who's struggling with weight issues sees it; how do you think it might make her feel? The things we do in life have wide ranging ramifications that we can only imagine. Just food for thought. Thanks for listening.
Not to be a total asshole, but how people feel about themselves isn't necessarily my problem. Nor is it my job(in these particular videos/skits.) to inspire people to change how they feel about themselves. If they do, great, if they don't....well, that's life. And As I said before, people are going to make their own choices to feel/think/act and putting the onus of personal perception on a person who is only an image on a screen is disingenuous....not just to the person on the screen, but to yourself. Personal accountability has to include how you allow yourself to feel. To quote Elenore Roosevelt " No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.