Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #51
bellancaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
bellancaman has said some nice things
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
No, that is wrong. All women are objectified in some manner. Even and especially here. I've gotten so many msgs from men that are only interested in me because of my size. Hell one guy even persisted in asking my height and weight in several emails. (Just because its the internet, doesn't absolve you of common courtesy and manners.) I understand that isn't the case for all men on this forum, but I'd say it was a pretty large percentage, otherwise why would you be here?

I'm all for acceptance, but it should be self acceptance all around, not just fat. Beauty is beauty regardless of size, and to say 'I only date big women' makes you just as guilty of perpetuating stereotypes and divisiveness as the guys who will only date pneumatic blonds who are less than a size 2
Hello pretty lady, and boy are you! Anyway as humans and I believe we all classify our selfs as humans, are all attracted to likes of certain kind, preferences if you will. I don't stereotype, but do prefer a woman of size, thats no different than any other guy who might like tall women,small, large breasted, blonds, and so forth. Thats what makes us who we are. Could I fall for a thin, average or different type of girl, sure we don't know what life has in store for any of us. Would I leave my mate just cause she lost weight, No that is shallow, it just does not describes who I'am, Or many of the guys here. Unfortunately there are jerks here like there are else where. But most, or at least me, love to admire beauty like you self. Angelica don't give jerks like the ones who ask your size the satisfaction. Anyone would be so lucky to be with you at what ever size you are or will be!!!
bellancaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #52
bellancaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
bellancaman has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellancaman View Post
Hello pretty lady, and boy are you! Anyway as humans and I believe we all classify our selfs as humans, are all attracted to likes of certain kind, preferences if you will. I don't stereotype, but do prefer a woman of size, thats no different than any other guy who might like tall women,small, large breasted, blonds, and so forth. Thats what makes us who we are. Could I fall for a thin, average or different type of girl, sure we don't know what life has in store for any of us. Would I leave my mate just cause she lost weight, No that is shallow, it just does not describes who I'am, Or many of the guys here. Unfortunately there are jerks here like there are else where. But most, or at least me, love to admire beauty like you self. Angelina don't give jerks like the ones who ask your size the satisfaction. Anyone would be so lucky to be with you at what ever size you are or will be!!!
Sorry typed too fast Angelina!!!!!! So sorry
bellancaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #53
steve-aka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 600
steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
My friends and family support me in my choices. They are proud and impressed that I am willing to put myself out there for entertainment (and judgment), whereas so many people are not. i find the biggest detractors are usually ones who are hard pressed to be dragged out from behind their computer screen-names and aliases to subject themselves to the same treatment.
So, you're saying that what you do is some sort of socially beneficial thing? That being in a TV show that ultimately belittles fat people and promotes stereotypes is a good thing? That you're somehow better than people who post on websites such as Dimensions because we don't use our real names and you do? That just because someone refuses to willfully put themselves out in the open to be ridiculed to make a buck and further their career then they are inferior to you? I hate to break it to you, but that television segment was very insulting to a lot of people and if you're gonna do things like that you're gonna hear complaints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
The networks are not insulting me personally, they are describing a character I was playing.... and even if they are, there isn't much I can do to make them change their opinion of me. People are going to think and feel however they want in regards to other people. Like I said though, the producers/directors and most of the other assorted crew were always respectful, kind and fun to be around. Not to say that I'm a doormat by any means....woe betide the fool who dares insult me to my face.
I never said the network was personally insulting YOU. What they're doing is targeting a group of people and insulting them as a whole. Basically saying fat people are beasts. By doing that show you are their puppet to propagate this negative stereotype. You become party to their bigotry. Of course people are gonna think and feel how they want, but thoughts and feelings are definitely influenced by others, especially the mass media. There are countless studies supporting this statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
But see, you say rolls and curves as a descriptive the same way other men say long legs, big tits and blonde hair. This is the very reason I've avoided FA's and the forums that they tend to lurk in. I don't want someone to like me just because I'm fat, just like I wouldn't want someone to like me just because i'm thin. I want someone to like me for me. Tall order, I know, but that is my ideal. There are physical things that I prefer yes, but am willing to give a chance to guys who don't fit within those preferences as well. I try to find beauty in different presentations. Just because the box is pretty, doesn't mean the contents are and vice-versa. There should be more important things to look for in a person, like integrity, intelligence and a sense of humor(three attributes that I do NOT deviate from in my quest for a partner)
I admit that the first thing that attracts me to a woman is her body, however, for me to have any sort of substantive relationship with her she must have a relatively similar and intriguing personality. Humor and intelligence are factors that are just as important to me as a woman's body. I've been together with my wife for almost 20 years now and it definitely wouldn't have lasted this long if it was purely physical. That would be the most shallow relationship ever. It seems to me you have some sort of preconceived notion of FAs as fat-obsessed perverts who don't care about the woman inside, only the fat on the outside. I can tell you from personal experience that, like any other group, we come in many stripes. Sure some are shallow and callous, but many are kind and caring individuals who care just as much for the person, if not more so, than the pudge. Besides, wouldn't it be great to have a guy who loved you for your personality just as much as he lusted after your body? Isn't part of liking you for you liking your body too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
You personally might not bash thin women, but there are many that do. Even by using the term 'Real women' to describe only average or plus size women is a veiled insult towards skinny chicks.
And actually, if you can present it in a humorous manner, then the situation described would likely be used.
Sure some people in our subculture bash skinny women but fat bashing is WAY more prevalent in our society. It is even accepted, to the point where they have segments of a nationally broadcast TV show dedicated to it. We just get so sick of seeing this type of stuff time and again that some overreact by countering it by voicing their own frustrated feelings in negative ways. However, it is DEFINITELY NOT as rampant as lipophobic statements made in seriousness or jest against fat people. I see and hear this on an almost daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Gay men and women are BORN that way. Your argument is completely invalid.
Well thanks for making a blanket statement and dismissing my argument with ZERO information on your part. How do you know that FAs aren't "born that way" too? I first became aware of my attraction to fat women when I was about six or seven years old. I happened to see a provocatively posed picture picture of a corpulent gal in a bikini. Although I was definitely prepubescent at the time and therefore not exactly stimulated in a sexual way, I did become aware of a powerful feeling of desire welling up from deep within me. A sort of tingly warmth spread throughout my body and I broke out in a sweat. I felt strangely energized. My whole being focused on the picture of this fat goddess. I couldn't shake the feeling easily and since that time I've always had similar feelings regarding fat women. I cannot help them, they are an inherent part of who I am as a person. If this is not being "born" with a predilection towards liking fat women then I don't what is. I've also heard other FAs profess an early childhood attraction to fat women too. I've heard these accounts MANY times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Not to be a total asshole, but how people feel about themselves isn't necessarily my problem. Nor is it my job(in these particular videos/skits.) to inspire people to change how they feel about themselves. If they do, great, if they don't....well, that's life. And As I said before, people are going to make their own choices to feel/think/act and putting the onus of personal perception on a person who is only an image on a screen is disingenuous....not just to the person on the screen, but to yourself. Personal accountability has to include how you allow yourself to feel. To quote Elenore Roosevelt " No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "
This is true for the most part, but what about people who haven't yet developed this sense of awareness in themselves? I used the previous example of a fat girl who is bombarded with negative stereotypes of fat people in the media. She doesn't know better than to take it as truth. Worse yet, her classmates and peers do not either which propagates bullying against her for merely having a larger body. Regardless of whether it's your job to make people feel better about themselves or not what you are doing IS furthering these stereotypical views of fat women as piggish slobs which makes it tough for everyone who's fat. Now, you can certainly do whatever you want, but so can I and I think you're being extremely self-serving by callously dismissing what you do and the ramifications it has upon our society. There are consequences to every action, you just may not be there to see them.

Take care and good luck in your acting career. I hope you'll be able to find some less defamatory roles that showcase your acting abilities and not just the fact that you're fat.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #54
James
vibeout
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,710
James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post

Gay men and women are BORN that way. Your argument is completely invalid.
I think I was born an FA. I can't remember ever being any other way. Its certainly not something I have any control over or could change if I wanted to. Its not just a 'preference'. For many, its an orientation. For FAs like this, sexual attraction to people who are not fat is just as impossible as opposite sex attraction for people who are gay... which is something to consider regarding your above point wouldn't you agree?
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #55
Angelina
 
Angelina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 63
Angelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot picsAngelina does more than just post hot pics
Default This will be my final post here

So, you're saying that what you do is some sort of socially beneficial thing?
No, it benefits ME. I get out there and I prove people wrong. The people who say there is no such thing as a pretty fat girl or an authentic BBW.....I go out there and get these gigs not because I am the BIGGEST girl out there, but because I am big and PRETTY. You seemed to have missed that part.

That being in a TV show that ultimately belittles fat people and promotes stereotypes is a good thing? That you're somehow better than people who post on websites such as Dimensions because we don't use our real names and you do?
Yes, I am. You piss and moan behind a fake name with no real picture and expect to change something. Get a grip, get off your ass and do something publicly. These things you're deriding me for may not help in the now, but they do put me in a position to do something later.

That just because someone refuses to willfully put themselves out in the open to be ridiculed to make a buck and further their career then they are inferior to you?

No what makes me better is that I don't sit online whining about how being fat is oh so hard on me and how people treat me so bad. People will treat you badly if you allow it, regardless of your size or gender. I'm out doing what I want to do and damn what the naysayers(including you) have to say against me.

I would like to say thank you for reminding why I don't come to places like these forums, Steve. You have attacked me for my choices in the same manner that some other douche bag would attack me for being fat, and failed to take a modicum of information away from our interaction. None of the characters I played have been 'Piggish slobs' but you keep referring to it as such...which makes me wonder what your intentions really are on this board? I am going respectfully decline to engage you any further, and I assure you I will NOT be returning.
Angelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #56
Russ2d
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 856
Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I think I was born an FA. I can't remember ever being any other way. Its certainly not something I have any control over or could change if I wanted to. Its not just a 'preference'. For many, its an orientation. For FAs like this, sexual attraction to people who are not fat is just as impossible as opposite sex attraction for people who are gay... which is something to consider regarding your above point wouldn't you agree?
I agree, it's not just a 'preference', I didn't decide to be an FA either... actually in our culture it would be, and would have been SO MUCH easier if I wasn't
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #57
bellancaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
bellancaman has said some nice things
Default

All you people need to listen to the lady instead of charging her full steam ahead for doing what she loves to do at what ever cost without being sleazy, dirty or provocative. She did not display a bbw as what most people outside this forum see bbw's as. Lazy fat and always stuffing their faces. I saw something different, and I my self applaud her. She doesn't hide behind close doors, feeling sorry for her self. Instead she takes life by the horns and leads the way. Instead of admiring her you mock and belittle her for living her life the way she see's fit. None of us have that right. Keep in mind you all are driving away a very positive and wonderful person.
bellancaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:20 PM   #58
nolafa4u
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 10
nolafa4u has said some nice things
Default

I love it LMAO That's the way I wanna go. And she is gorgeous! Who is she?
nolafa4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #59
voidhead
 
voidhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 184
voidhead can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesvoidhead can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Let me start by saying I agree 100% with what you're saying, except for the below quote. I think many people on this sight DO bash skinny women and the term "real women" referring exclusively to women who are overweight as a source of pride is absolutely ludicrous. I think people who say "you are just feeding the MAN by doing this kind of stuff" and "starve for your art" are deluded in a sense, though I understand their viewpoint.

Like you said, you are merely playing a character. Yes the narration paints you in a grotesque way, but the viewer can still make an independent decision. People are not mindless robots. Something is presented to them in one way, framed in one way, and they can still independently decide whether they agree with that framing. I can say honestly that if I was in a room full of my guy friends and they were all "eeew"ing over this clip, I would say "fuck you guys, she's fucking sexy". And if a fat girl sees this video and her self-esteem is consequently lowered, well she needs to toughen up and deal with it. Clearly if she thinks beyond what's being presented, she will see an actress who is confident enough at that size to display herself that way on television and she may be inspired by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
Gay men and women are BORN that way. Your argument is completely invalid.
As a bisexual FA I feel pretty qualified to tell you, from my own experience, that:

a) Homosexual tendencies are not necessarily rooted at birth. They can also arise from childhood. Ditto with FA tendencies.

b) FA-dom is hardly a "choice" for me. I'll be really candid here and say that in high school I attempted sex with girls of normal size. I was unable to maintain an erection because I was not attracted to them. There have been times in life I wished I was not an FA, for a variety of reasons. How is that any different from homosexuality?

I could be wrong but I think a lot of FAs have probably had a similar experience, but are just too embarrassed to talk about it.

I think you might be underestimating how visual men are in terms of attraction. We can strive to search for the inner qualities and not be shallow etc. but the bottom line is that if a woman doesn't make you hard it's just not really going to work on the sexual level of compatibility.

Last edited by voidhead; 02-05-2010 at 12:51 PM.
voidhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #60
fasub
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N.E. Ga
Posts: 217
fasub has said some nice things
Default

The only way to go!
fasub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #61
bellancaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
bellancaman has said some nice things
Default

Making her mad due to our or some of other people misunderstanding is surely a sing of disrespect. She is an actress, who plays a part. How is she any different than any other actor or actress who might be thin average size. Who might play a drug addict, alcoholic, or what ever. would that have been different, no it would have insulted someone some how. We need to learn how to accept, and or deal with it, not her. She is just doing a job. Hell she could have been playing a bulimic girl gone right, or wrong but that would have insulted some one, deal with it!!! Let her be who she needs to be. No one here has the right to hound her for her decision. Her views on attraction are her tho I might disagree, I do respect it.
bellancaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:01 AM   #62
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
 
Wild Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,419
Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellancaman View Post
Making her mad due to our or some of other people misunderstanding is surely a sing of disrespect. She is an actress, who plays a part. How is she any different than any other actor or actress who might be thin average size. Who might play a drug addict, alcoholic, or what ever. would that have been different, no it would have insulted someone some how. We need to learn how to accept, and or deal with it, not her. She is just doing a job. Hell she could have been playing a bulimic girl gone right, or wrong but that would have insulted some one, deal with it!!! Let her be who she needs to be. No one here has the right to hound her for her decision. Her views on attraction are her tho I might disagree, I do respect it.
She's different because the roles aren't parts any other actor could play, they are parts that stereotype and denigrate fat people. It's like wondering why Birmingham Brown ≠ Alonzo Harris
__________________
We'll sing the songs to fan the flames of discontent.
Wild Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:35 AM   #63
MatthewB
Still Not Ginger!
 
MatthewB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kingston, RI, U.S.A.
Posts: 1,162
MatthewB can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatthewB can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMatthewB can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Wow, steve; you pretty much pissed off a seemingly-nice actress enough to dissuade her from ever coming back her again.

Way to go.
__________________
"I take a ridiculous pleasure in what I eat and drink." -- James Bond, Casino Royale (1953)
MatthewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #64
fanofdimensions
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,759
fanofdimensions can now change their title
Default this sounds fishy

This sounds like an urban legend. There is also a scene with a big sumo wrestler who dies of a heart attack during sex with his super petite girlfriend in a Japanese film "The Happiness of the Katukaris" (I think that's how it's spelled) where they assume the petite woman has simply run away, only to find her under the wrestler.

It's something that the diet police sure like to promote, but unless the person under the big gal had some other issues (poor heart health, etc) that might happen regardless of whether they're with a big person, this is highly unlikely.

speaking from experience, a 350-400 person isn't like a lead weight and in a bed you can find enough flexibility to move around.
fanofdimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #65
chicken legs
yawn
 
chicken legs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sin city
Posts: 3,242
chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

I have to say that Escapist can pin me with just about any body part..legs, arms, chest/moob/shoulder area, belly, bum, ok I got carried away there..lol. When someone is drunk their breathing can reach dangerously low levels. So mix someone possibly twice your weight (or more) with someone who is scrawny and add some hard alcohol and it could get messy in 30 seconds or less. Escapist is very carefull with me and after watching him break a few chairs, beds, etc..I understand why.

And I must say I watched the vid a couple of times...heheheh..

What it was hot...All I heard was "wha wha wah wha wah wha wah wah".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger View Post
secret turn on.....Genuine affection :)

Last edited by chicken legs; 02-12-2010 at 05:10 PM.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #66
bellancaman
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5
bellancaman has said some nice things
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
She's different because the roles aren't parts any other actor could play, they are parts that stereotype and denigrate fat people. It's like wondering why Birmingham Brown ≠ Alonzo Harris
Your mistaken dear sir. A role is a role, the difference is how some people interpret the role or message they get out of it. Like I said at lest she is making her self known, not feeling sorry or hiding behind the doors like most do. Everyone took an insult to the role she played, but did anyone ever consider her feelings with the ridiculing that she endurd. I say no one did. You where all too busy slamming her for the role she played. That's not right ither. This site or any other site would benefit from her. She is not only beautiful, but positive, yes extremely positive, which makes her in my book even more beautiful.
bellancaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #67
steve-aka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 600
steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
So, you're saying that what you do is some sort of socially beneficial thing?
No, it benefits ME. I get out there and I prove people wrong. The people who say there is no such thing as a pretty fat girl or an authentic BBW.....I go out there and get these gigs not because I am the BIGGEST girl out there, but because I am big and PRETTY. You seemed to have missed that part.
Yep, that's exactly my point here, you're doing it to benefit only YOURSELF. And how is being portrayed as some sort of fat animal proving people wrong? Seems to me it's just reinforcing their stereotypes. Also, I have certainly NOT missed the fact that you are pretty. In fact, I believe I even stated that in one of my earlier posts in this thread. Seems like you're the one missing things here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
That being in a TV show that ultimately belittles fat people and promotes stereotypes is a good thing? That you're somehow better than people who post on websites such as Dimensions because we don't use our real names and you do?
Yes, I am. You piss and moan behind a fake name with no real picture and expect to change something. Get a grip, get off your ass and do something publicly. These things you're deriding me for may not help in the now, but they do put me in a position to do something later.
Well I guess deriding my arguments as pissing and moaning is one way to attempt to denigrate them when you can't come up with any valid rebuttals. As for me not having a "real picture" here, have you seen my profile picture? That's really me there. But I guess you conveniently failed to investigate that fact in order to make your point more cogent. Way to go, girlie!

And as for me not doing anything publicly, how the hell do you know what I do in public? I may not be some sort of phony fat-activist actress who deludes herself that the roles she chooses somehow promote fat pride but I do fight the good fight in a daily battle at the hospital I work at to help people overcome their bigotry about our fat patients. But I guess that doesn't count because these efforts aren't broadcast on national television. You seem to be assuming a lot here. Perhaps that's why you're getting so pissy with your statements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
That just because someone refuses to willfully put themselves out in the open to be ridiculed to make a buck and further their career then they are inferior to you?

No what makes me better is that I don't sit online whining about how being fat is oh so hard on me and how people treat me so bad. People will treat you badly if you allow it, regardless of your size or gender. I'm out doing what I want to do and damn what the naysayers(including you) have to say against me.
Yep, many people have the same selfish attitudes in life. Fuck everybody else as long as you get your slice, right? All I'm saying is that things have certain ramifications but you refuse to see that. Oh, well, perhaps one day you may finally open your eyes to see that the world doesn't revolve around you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina View Post
I would like to say thank you for reminding why I don't come to places like these forums, Steve. You have attacked me for my choices in the same manner that some other douche bag would attack me for being fat, and failed to take a modicum of information away from our interaction. None of the characters I played have been 'Piggish slobs' but you keep referring to it as such...which makes me wonder what your intentions really are on this board? I am going respectfully decline to engage you any further, and I assure you I will NOT be returning.
Fine then, run away. I guess that's one way to deal with things that challenge your preconceived notions. As far as I can tell from your post history you didn't participate in any other discussions here anyway. It seemed that unless we were talking about you then you had no interest in joining in. You failed to see the greater world that is Dimensions. What a pity.

Have fun with your life of vanity and misguided notions. Good bye.
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #68
chicken legs
yawn
 
chicken legs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sin city
Posts: 3,242
chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Steve-aka...would you rather the show use a fat person in a suite or a real fat person? ...because either way they were going to produce the show. Frankly I am tired of the fat suites and would rather see real fat people for parts that need fat people. To me its like when white people used to paint their faces black, asian, native american, ...you get the point.. instead of getting people from those cultures when needed. To me, that is a slap in the face more than the crappy stereotyped roles they were playing.

Even though we now have a black man as President we still have shows that are mostly white with a token "ethnic" person and shows with mostly "ethnic" cast and a token white person..and its the same with fat people...because they are treated like a minority as well.

One more thing...I dont know why she pegged you to jump on (no pun intended..ok maybe a little)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger View Post
secret turn on.....Genuine affection :)

Last edited by chicken legs; 02-20-2010 at 02:28 PM.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #69
steve-aka
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 600
steve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going onsteve-aka knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
Steve-aka...would you rather the show use a fat person in a suite or a real fat person? ...because either way they were going to produce the show. Frankly I am tired of the fat suites and would rather see real fat people for parts that need fat people. To me its like when white people used to paint their faces black, asian, native american, ...you get the point.. instead of getting people from those cultures when needed. To me, that is a slap in the face more than the crappy stereotyped roles they were playing.

Even though we now have a black man as President we still have shows that are mostly white with a token "ethnic" person and shows with mostly "ethnic" cast and a token white person..and its the same with fat people...because they are treated like a minority as well.

One more thing...I dont know why she pegged you to jump on (no pun intended..ok maybe a little)
No, I definitely prefer that they use a fat person to portray a fat person. Your analogy to fat suits being similar to black face is very fitting. In fact, the whole fat suit craze is a great example of one of the points I was trying to get across in my previous statements, that fat people are one of the last groups in our society it's okay to blatantly make fun of. I realize the show would have been produced regardless of whether Angelina was in it or not. However she seemed to think her performance was somehow fat positive. Perhaps she was portraying herself that way with her acting in the segment but the finished product sure didn't portray her that way. She's deluding herself so she can feel good about what she does. She is a very beautiful woman and I do wish her the best in her acting career but I hope she can see that what she's doing can be hurtful to others too.

At any rate, yeah, she did sort of single me out but I sorta egged her on too. It's okay, I can handle it but thanks for your support nonetheless!
steve-aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #70
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/
 
exile in thighville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,993
exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

this was such a dick thread
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #71
Hehe
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9
Hehe has said some nice things
Default

I still think they must have left out the fact that he was tied to the bed or something.
Hehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:15 PM   #72
watts63
Coast 2 Coast 2 Worldwide
 
watts63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Compton, CA
Posts: 225
watts63 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswatts63 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswatts63 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
It's CSI all over again...
And I haven't watched an episode since...
__________________
Simply Too Cold :cool:
watts63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 PM   #73
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher
 
imfree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Tn Loop Ranch (Lebanon, Tn.)
Posts: 9,317
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Obviously....

The man's drink was obviously Spiked.


I don't believe all of them, but most
episodes are pretty interesting.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!

Last edited by imfree; 08-31-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added more info
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #74
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine
 
Iannathedriveress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 5,026
Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Did anybody watched the one episode where two drunken insurance salesman walked into a plus size beauty pagent and one of them got crushed by the models. i think the death was called big boned.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 AM   #75
gangstadawg
the wanderer
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,289
gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchingIA19 View Post
Did anybody watched the one episode where two drunken insurance salesman walked into a plus size beauty pagent and one of them got crushed by the models. i think the death was called big boned.
got a link?
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.