Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Exclamation Lane Bryant October Catalog-Plus-Size Models!!!

This is a MAJOR breakthrough~ http://www.lanebryant.com/icon/14735/index.cat http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique/4043/index.cat Of course the website, the mailorder catalog and the stores have been on different pages for awhile, but I just obtained a copy of the fall catalog... my late wife and I had demanded that they stop sending it half-a-decade ago due to its lame, shame-inducing skinny-model format. And they were nasty in replying when we gave that as a reason! Finally those a-holes are OUTTA THERE!! The models are certainly not BODacious-size, but they're plump and presented in proper goddess-y attitude-format. Size Acceptance is cracking the Mainstream glass ceiling at last!

Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

To be honest I don't see any plus size women here. I see average size models...as in size 12-14...that LB has been using for years. When I see a consistent set of size 24-28 models I will call it progress.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree with indy, these are the same models I've seen in LB for years. Yes, they are larger than the usual stick thin models you see in most magazines but they aren't all that big to me. In the industry it seems that they call anything over a size 6 plus size. lol I, too, want to see models 24-28 and then I'll believe they are really plus size.

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

These are the same models as always on the website. Am I missing something?
Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
Nope, not a thing.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
That's right. The usual bunch of size 12s. And LB has put out a whole bunch of catalogs with these same girls, or girls their size.

The old Brylane Lane Bryant catalog that Ned is probably thinking of used size 6s and 8s only, but that's been out of print for a long, long time - a few years in fact.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #7
missy_blue_eyez
Master Member

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Good lord, when will they realise that jodpurs never have been and never will be an acceptable article of clothing!

I also thought these were the same models???
Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Re: Lane Bryant October Catalog-Plus-Size Models!!!

I don't consider these ladies as "plus size models." Especially when they have had real plus size women on posters in their retail stores. I am referring to women who are dress size #18 to #22.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
Wagimawr
Executive Member

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!
Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Not an inch of belly hang, even, on these pretty ladies.

You're slipping, Nedward.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Frankhw
BBW Betty's HD Teddy Bear

Frankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this boardFrankhw carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm posting this in the interest of finding a womens clothing store chain that used plus sized models. Unfortunately while I remember several models in the 16-18 and 20-22 range in the print catalogs the websites show mostly the 12-14s but here goes.

Catherines

http://www.catherines.com/tops/tees/4500c4501/index.cat

Alot of beautiful clothing here. Betty and I went here last weekend to expand her wardrobe and lucked out. They'd just set up the clearance racks and we made out like bandits. Six gorgeous tops for $140.

Fashion Bug

http://www.fashionbug.com/apparel/to...0236/index.pro

A link to the largest model I could find on their site. My best guess is 16 or 18

Making it Big

http://www.makingitbig.com/category/21

Big range of models (no pun intended) from about 16 - 24

Junonia

http://junonia.com/home.htm

Another one where the catalog has larger models in the print catalog than on line. The print catalog models average 18 -20.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #11
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Gotcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
That's right. The usual bunch of size 12s. And LB has put out a whole bunch of catalogs with these same girls, or girls their size.

The old Brylane Lane Bryant catalog that Ned is probably thinking of used size 6s and 8s only, but that's been out of print for a long, long time - a few years in fact.
Those catalogs were really distressing... I'm saying, baby-steps progress here... as I say we went thru quite a process to get 'em to stop sending 'em.
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
ksandru
"PHAT" Not "Fat", Got It?

ksandru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Hi, all!

I stumbled onto the following website www.biggalslingerie.com & they have larger sized models with not only lingerie, but with club wear as well! Here is a link to one of the pages: http://www.biggalslingerie.com/minidress2.html
Old 12-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksandru View Post
Hi, all!

I stumbled onto the following website www.biggalslingerie.com & they have larger sized models with not only lingerie, but with club wear as well! Here is a link to one of the pages: http://www.biggalslingerie.com/minidress2.html
I love BigGals...I get my halloween costumes and bikini's from them.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #14
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag View Post
Those catalogs were really distressing... I'm saying, baby-steps progress here... as I say we went thru quite a process to get 'em to stop sending 'em.
The sad thing is that there are still many catalogues that keep doing the same thing. Jessica London, Roaman's, Silhouettes, etc., all use the non-plus models (or rather, models who are even less plus than the so-called plus-size models, who aren't very plus either).

What happened with the former Lane Bryant Catalog was that the name reverted to ownership by the other Lane Bryant, the store chain. So actually, its demise had nothing to do with customer complaints. That's the way it is in the fashion world -- people think that customer complaints do good, but time and again it's been proven that they don't. And to add insult to injury, that thin-model former-Lane-Bryant catalog is still being published, except that it's now called "Woman Within." And it's still using 6s and 8s only.

There are just some people in the fashion industry, in fact a lot of them, who would rather die than photograph any girl over a size 10. There's a mentality in there that just believes what it wants to believe, thinks it knows better, and won't be persuaded by any customer complaints.

Last edited by kioewen; 12-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #15
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Those are the same models they always use. The only thing I saw that surprised me is them charing 78 dollars for a tank top from the icon line.

They have nerve!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
ksandru
"PHAT" Not "Fat", Got It?

ksandru can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

What also irks me about Lane Bryant (store), Jessica London & Avenue (which is now integrated into JL) is that the more stylish fashions stop at size 28, and in some cases, stop at 24 & 26 as well. If your store is advertising sizes up to 34W, then damn it, make ALL of your clothes to fit up to that size; not just on select designs!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #17
pickleman357
Christian/Fattism Solider

pickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this board

This is why my g/f and I are starting an online clothing store.

The problem is we're having trouble finding models to model our clothes for the site. Anyone want to strut their stuff that live in South Western Ontario? We need more 5x to 10x models.
pickleman357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
orin
Master Member

orin can now change their title

Torrid has more real plus size models out there

but not pretty models in my opinion
orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
BeautifulPoeticDisaster
Executive Member

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy_blue_eyez View Post
Good lord, when will they realise that jodpurs never have been and never will be an acceptable article of clothing!

I also thought these were the same models???

What are jodpurs???
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:34 AM   #20
orin
Master Member

orin can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulPoeticDisaster View Post
What are jodpurs???
.... yes i am wondering too
orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
gypsy
gone

gypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleman357 View Post
This is why my g/f and I are starting an online clothing store.

The problem is we're having trouble finding models to model our clothes for the site. Anyone want to strut their stuff that live in South Western Ontario? We need more 5x to 10x models.
I think you would have a very hard time trying to find supersize models in SW Ontario. I think a lot the girls here are usually no bigger than a 4-5XL, at least from what I've seen in the Ontario fat girl population, and that's pushing it. *shrug* Good luck with your endeavour though!
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #22
pickleman357
Christian/Fattism Solider

pickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this boardpickleman357 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
I think you would have a very hard time trying to find supersize models in SW Ontario. I think a lot the girls here are usually no bigger than a 4-5XL, at least from what I've seen in the Ontario fat girl population, and that's pushing it. *shrug* Good luck with your endeavour though!
Well, Pennington's had a "fashion show" and about 200 women showed up to it. I think I was the only guy there....
Anyways, suddenly my 3x g/f looked really really skinny as most of the women there were 5x and up.
So there here, they like fashion; Its just very akward to walk up to someone on the street and ask if they want to come back to my house and try on something sexy so I can post the pictures on a website.

Know what I mean?
pickleman357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #23
gypsy
gone

gypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleman357 View Post
Well, Pennington's had a "fashion show" and about 200 women showed up to it. I think I was the only guy there....
Anyways, suddenly my 3x g/f looked really really skinny as most of the women there were 5x and up.
So there here, they like fashion; Its just very akward to walk up to someone on the street and ask if they want to come back to my house and try on something sexy so I can post the pictures on a website.

Know what I mean?
Oh wow! See, I didn't realize there were quite that many ssbbw in southern Ontario.

Can always try an ad on kijiji, saying you are looking for 5X-plus models for a clothing site. I think that would get you a lot more response.
gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #24
TallFatSue
Happily Retired

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Not sure, but I seem to recall reading years ago that a Lane Bryant rep explained at a NAAFA convention that whenever they tried using BBW or SSBBW as models their sales plummetted. I can't really argue with that. They're one of the most mainstream large-size clothing stores, but Dimensions notwithstanding, most mainstream fat women don't like being fat and they want the illusion that their clothes will make them look thinner (not to mention 10 or 20 years younger). It would probably be a minor miracle if Lane Bryant ever consistently used models over size 20 or over age 40, and a major miracle if they used any models over size 30 like me. Maybe in an alternate universe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagimawr View Post
Not an inch of belly hang, even, on these pretty ladies.
This would be a pretty cool fashion statement: "Show off your belly hang with style!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulPoeticDisaster View Post
What are jodpurs???
Ye olde Wikipedia: "Jodhpurs are tight-fitting trousers that reach to the ankle, where they end in a snug cuff, and are worn primarily for horseback riding."
Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #25
kioewen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallFatSue View Post
Not sure, but I seem to recall reading years ago that a Lane Bryant rep explained at a NAAFA convention that whenever they tried using BBW or SSBBW as models their sales plummetted.
You hear stories like that a lot, and I never buy any of them. They're total BS - just a convenient excuse to answer the charge. If that were true, where was this supposed attempt at using a BBW model, let alone a SSBBW? People have been following Lane Bryant for ages, and they've never see any such models in their advertising. Nor for any other mainstream retailer either.

Anyway, I found this in my Twitter feed last night (Twitter is a great place to get tweets from all kind of people who try to push size acceptance). It shows a new prom campaign with models who are at least a bit bigger than Lane Bryant's girls:

http://twitter.com/judgmentofparis/status/6717151262

Closest I've seen to BBW models in a while.