Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Dimensions Market Place

Old 03-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #51
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

Ok, ok, here ya go. :P I had to pin the necklace back a little, it hangs probably an inch or two lower than shown in the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9247.JPG (71.5 KB, 96 views)
Old 03-17-2010, 05:00 PM   #52
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Beautiful!! I love wire wrapping -- isn't it fun? And it looks lovely. You do yours a bit like I do mine: I don't like to wrap every bit and don't really care for that look, either, as if it's all surrounded by springs or something. I like some flat planes between the wrapping. Great going, AK!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 AM   #53
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantisAK View Post
I do agree with you in a way on that. I've seen jewelry that was just slapped together and a huge price tag thrown on it, when I know the materials couldnt have cost more than a few dollars and couldnt have taken more than half an hour to make. I cringe at this, but if I saw a similar item that was, like you mentioned, made -completely- from scratch, then I wouldnt be cringing so much.

I get told on a daily basis that my prices are just right, or...more often...too low. Honestly, I rarely keep an eye on the clock because I'm up doing this, chasing the ferrets, tidying this place or that, going out for groceries...I rarely get a chance to sit undisturbed for more than an hour on average. It makes it hard to time my items.

I usually think: Would I pay the price for it? From my own pocket? But I'm so cheap when it comes to buying made jewelry that it impacts me. It also makes me spend less on jewelry or seek the best prices possible, lol. I guess thats my downfall with pricing, so I'm trying hard to get my prices into the range they should really be, but I cringe at changing some of the numbers because my mind always goes back to saying "Seriously, would you really pay that price? The materials were only $3!" I hardly ever think of the cost of labor.

That necklace though, the labor cost on that was definately factored in.
I <3 your prices; that's probably why I have so many of your pieces!

Quote:
Ok, ok, here ya go. :P I had to pin the necklace back a little, it hangs probably an inch or two lower than shown in the picture.
Stunning!!

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:18 AM   #54
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
Beautiful!! I love wire wrapping -- isn't it fun? And it looks lovely. You do yours a bit like I do mine: I don't like to wrap every bit and don't really care for that look, either, as if it's all surrounded by springs or something. I like some flat planes between the wrapping. Great going, AK!
Yeah, I get a bit confused looking at the pieces that are -completely- wire wrapped, so I definately try to avoid that look. The flat pieces definately help even things out a bit and let you focus on something. And thanks sweetie!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 AM   #55
AtlantisAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post
I <3 your prices; that's probably why I have so many of your pieces!

Stunning!!
Thank ya, thank ya! Hehe, so far you've been my only repeat buyer, you've been awesome.

I do my best with my pricing, I always think to myself that they're too high, but then people say 'No! Too low!'. Confuzzling!

-nudge- Isnt it about time you buy something else though? lol.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:21 AM   #56
AtlantisAK

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6472189

New design comming out though in copper, but I need some help. Take a look at that link and see each of the 7 images...tell me which one or ones you like the best. I'm sooooo stuck on which one I like the best! I'm going to make them similar in style to the necklace I'm wearing above.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #57
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like #1 because it looks very Art Nouveau and I adore that period. I'd probably also (if I may be so bold) take a brio and some rondelles and kind of hook them up at the center bottom, something like this and then maybe even, if it looks good, drape some chain under it. Such fun working with swirls. Are you going to hammer them, or leave as is?

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #58
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Thank ya, thank ya! Hehe, so far you've been my only repeat buyer, you've been awesome.

I do my best with my pricing, I always think to myself that they're too high, but then people say 'No! Too low!'. Confuzzling!

-nudge- Isnt it about time you buy something else though? lol.
You're kidding!!!

Yes, I've been having my eye on the copper and fluorite (or however you spell it ) one.......plus other items.........it's an addiction!

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
Old 03-30-2010, 04:23 PM   #59
AtlantisAK

Quote:
I like #1 because it looks very Art Nouveau and I adore that period. I'd probably also (if I may be so bold) take a brio and some rondelles and kind of hook them up at the center bottom, something like this and then maybe even, if it looks good, drape some chain under it. Such fun working with swirls. Are you going to hammer them, or leave as is?
Alrightie, the vote won for number 1. I'll be hammering it, and it's a good idea with the chains and the brio. I'll play around with it and see what I can figure out. I have some copper chain, but kind of short on variety of it.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #60
AtlantisAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post
You're kidding!!!

Yes, I've been having my eye on the copper and fluorite (or however you spell it ) one.......plus other items.........it's an addiction!
:3 I love hearing people have their eye on my items. I'm having a craft show on April 10th. I'm taking my stash with me, so if you had your eye on something, tell me so I can hang onto it and reserve it for you.

Sames goes to everyone else who had an eye on something...let me know so I can reserve it for you.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:21 PM   #61
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:
:3 I love hearing people have their eye on my items. I'm having a craft show on April 10th. I'm taking my stash with me, so if you had your eye on something, tell me so I can hang onto it and reserve it for you.

Sames goes to everyone else who had an eye on something...let me know so I can reserve it for you.
Must wait for a sale

Emily Dickinson
Old 04-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #62
AtlantisAK

Happy Bunny Easter Sale!

All the items in my store are 20% off through Easter until April the 10th.

Get what you need and want at this discount, because it may be gone after the craft show I have on the 10th.

:P And so, there ya are.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #63
Tina
Older and wiser now

Hope your craft sale is a big success, AK. Best to you!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #64
AtlantisAK

Quote:
Hope your craft sale is a big success, AK. Best to you!
Thanks so much Tina! Each day I get a little bit more nervous but more excited too! I'll be happy to sell just $100, more would be an awesome bonus.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #65
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:
Happy Bunny Easter Sale!

All the items in my store are 20% off through Easter until April the 10th.

Get what you need and want at this discount, because it may be gone after the craft show I have on the 10th.

:P And so, there ya are.
Hippity hoppity, Mizz was on her way....

Much luck on your craft fair!!! Let us know how you do!

Emily Dickinson
Old 04-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #66
Tina
Older and wiser now

Quote:
Thanks so much Tina! Each day I get a little bit more nervous but more excited too! I'll be happy to sell just $100, more would be an awesome bonus.
*keeping my fingers crossed for you!*

Old 04-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #67
AtlantisAK

Ok ladies, will be posting some pictures up shortly of some of my newer cuties. I'll be adding them to Etsy after my Craft show on April 10th, but you gals get to drool until then. Haha.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #68
AtlantisAK

First up, Labradorite spirals with the sunniest yellow Czech flower and a single peridot round bead on sterling earhooks!

Also: genuine Ruby, Carnelian and Yellow Zircon rondelles on sterling silver earwire and base.

Simple Cubic Zirconia ruby red drops on sterling.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #69
AtlantisAK

Adorable petite peridot rondelles wire wrapped with sterling silver.

Beautiful purple freeform cut glass with swarovski glass pearls on a handmade sterling silver chain.

Handblown boro bead with brass chain and findings...very beautiful necklace. I adore the little bubbles in the glass.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #70
AtlantisAK

Hollow round glass beads with brass findings and chain.

Ceramic heart beads on antiqued copper earwires that have been wrapped in heat reddened copper.

Garnet trio on sterling silver chain and etched silver finding.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #71
AtlantisAK

Necklace with brass filigree wrapped around a shell pendant.

Powder blue glass cushion bead with gorgeous Czech glass flower beads on sterling silver snake chain.

More wonderful Czech glass beads with sterling wire and earwires. The beads are wire wrapped around a silver matte finding.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #72
AtlantisAK

Matte glass berry red bead with brass findings and chain.

Wire wrapped earrings of sterling silver with dainty caribbean blue apatite, citrine and rhodolite garnet rondelles.

And this beauty is what I love to call the Red Queen. Bright cherry red chalcedony briolette with a large black onyx rondelle and a lumpy little freshwater pearl. All on sterling silver.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #73
AtlantisAK

And thats it for tonight! Thats only a fraction of my new stuff. :3 If you see something you want between now and the 10th, tell me. I'll hang onto it and you can still get that 20% discount even after the 10th because you're fellow dimmers. Prices will be given on request or when I get them up on Etsy.

Last edited by AtlantisAK; 04-07-2010 at 10:00 PM.
AtlantisAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #74
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

1. Your jewelry is beautiful.
2. The presentation of your jewelry is impeccable.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #75
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:
And thats it for tonight! Thats only a fraction of my new stuff. :3 If you see something you want between now and the 10th, tell me. I'll hang onto it and you can still get that 20% discount even after the 10th because you're fellow dimmers. Prices will be given on request or when I get them up on Etsy.
<sigh> I'm gonna kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdgujer148 View Post
1. Your jewelry is beautiful.
2. The presentation of your jewelry is impeccable.
3. Incredibly well made too!

I have many of her pieces and love them!

Emily Dickinson