Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 12-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #26
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squurp View Post
You'll need to cite a source, if you intend to making this sweeping statement believable.

Shown by who? what journal was the research based article published in?
LOL! He's not going to cite a journal, or even return to this thread, because there are no pics here (look at his post history).

He's probably off at the paysite board asking someone if she's ever eaten anything bigger than her head.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #27
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
LOL! He's not going to cite a journal, or even return to this thread, because there are no pics here (look at his post history).

He's probably off at the paysite board asking someone if she's ever eaten anything bigger than her head.
You forgot asking everyone if they're close to 500 pounds......no matter if they're visibly not even close.
Old 12-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #28
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Not like it's a zero-sum game but if physical health comes at the expense of emotional well-being what good is it, really? I know people with limited mobility, chronic pain and a much lower than average life expectancies (both weight related and not) who are as happy as the law allows. Many of them contribute to the world in extraordinary ways and maintain fulfilling, wonderful relationships.

I also know people who have "perfect" bodies, enjoy almost super human health and are miserable individuals, inside and out. Who's better off? What you look like isn't connected to how engaged you are with life or what you get out of it unless you let it be, jmo.

I'm not a feeder and I can't honestly pretend to understand it but I respect the rights of others to choose what works for them. Something that harms us on one level may nourish us on another. I rode dirt bikes and and sky dived for years. Aside from the immediate risks it took a terrible toll on my knees and back. I deal with pain every day but I wouldn't trade those experiences for perfect knees and ten more years of life. Some might call that crazy but I call it my choice. If it kills you but you die doing what you love you're a fortunate soul. Whoever's left behind may feel very differently but we each have to choose how to live our own lives.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #29
squurp

squurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post

Well, if he can't cite a source, then we all know he's spouting bullshit. If he does cite a source, we can have a real discussion about how research is funded, and how it is used incorrectly. certainly, he has a chance to respond.
squurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:00 PM   #30
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squurp View Post
Well, if he can't cite a source, then we all know he's spouting bullshit. If he does cite a source, we can have a real discussion about how research is funded, and how it is used incorrectly. certainly, he has a chance to respond.
No.......you see, he's not going to respond. He is a hilarious one-line troll...practically a meme.

Ah, never mind.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:10 PM   #31
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

there is nobody with a higher post count and less rep than "natasfan".
LoveBHMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #32
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
there is nobody with a higher post count and less rep than "natasfan".
Alright, lets not make fun of the guy too much. Least he normally keeps his presence on the boards where he's allowed to say that he says.

I didn't know that about the most post/less rep category....I figured I'd be in the top 5 of that lol
Old 12-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #33
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Not like it's a zero-sum game but if physical health comes at the expense of emotional well-being what good is it, really? I know people with limited mobility, chronic pain and a much lower than average life expectancies (both weight related and not) who are as happy as the law allows. Many of them contribute to the world in extraordinary ways and maintain fulfilling, wonderful relationships.

I also know people who have "perfect" bodies, enjoy almost super human health and are miserable individuals, inside and out. Who's better off? What you look like isn't connected to how engaged you are with life or what you get out of it unless you let it be, jmo.
Ah... but this is the dilemma- are those folks with percieved "perfect" bodies truly healthy... the "lifestyles" of some athletes can also be questioned.

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:50 AM   #34
HugeFan

HugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm well aware that this post may get censored, as a few of mine have been, for being politically-incorrect, at least in the context of these boards. I've been reading and posting on these forums, on and off, for over a decade, but once you're out of step with the party line, you may find yourself the enemy. Sorry to sound confrontational, please read all of what I have to say, you may find something worth pondering within it, or at least a laugh.

I really do find interesting the impact a lack of reality, perspective, and personal responsibilty can have on someone's view of things. Nowhere is this more evident, it seems, than in what I'll just point to as the world of feederism/SSBBW/and especially 'ultra-ssbbw.' As my thoughts center around the realization that things tend to be a matter of spectrums, degrees, and shades of grey, they do pertain to the whole community, just to a lesser extent.

I'm sorry, but I'm just damn sick of hearing posters pretend like they're confused by the passing of a member of our community, often what you'd say premature, who falls under the ultra-sized tag, four or five hundred pounds plus.

The reality is that being that size carries with it certain health risks. So does smoking. So does drinking too much, or, maybe, not enough. Don't exercise enough, and you're at risk for an early demise, but don't be biking on that mountain trail at 3 am because you may go sailing. Enjoy the benefits from that fish you broiled for dinner, but the mercury in its flesh will bite you in the ass....but you'll still need to get it checked with a colonoscopy.

If things weren't complicated enough for you years ago, we're well into the era of 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol. I have no idea what parts of an egg are good for me, or if garlic is only good for keeping that emo-looking kid that the Twilight movies are making popular away, or if it'll stop a heart attack.

Popular media often wants to portray being overweight as a death-sentence. The reality is that being somewhat overweight may well have no impact on one individual, while it might be very negative towards another, and even have a positive impact on another. It's just one factor to consider. It's contextual, it's variable, and it can't be stated categorically as a health influence. But it is a factor to be considered.

Is being a 'ssbbw' a death sentence? Of course not. And what's a 'ssbbw?' Depends, right? Every ssbbw is a different size, has different health, different genes, different habits. But is being more overweight a generally negative contributing health factor? Yep. Sorry.

Here's the thing. Weighing 450 lbs is unhealthy. So is drinking too much, or smoking, or riding a motorcycle, or for that matter not eating your asparagus. Or eating too much of it. I guess it's human nature to present a full-throated defense of one's lifestyle, but it comes at the cost of credibilty.

I'll say this and leave it: for those of you who will firebomb my thoughts, and then delete them, what would you say to the person posting on their respective forums: 'Yeah Jim ran a smoking fetish paysite, and went through 4 packs a day, but I can't understand how he died of lung cancer at 43!' or 'Well sure I go through 2 things of bourbon a day, but I make do and function alright....society says it's unhealthy, but they're just discriminating.'

My point could be made without discussing feederism, and I do believe that that is a whole different ball of wax. But it is pertinent in that, as mentioned already, we see two faces from people here, one loudly proclaiming that 'there's nothing unhealthy about being XXX weight', and then turning around with the other yelling '...then that ass coerced her into gaining weight and making her unhealthy.' I believe that an undue influence and abusive nature of a Feedee/Feeder relationship may very well occur, but I don't see that its inherent.

All of these things point to one general trend, one which I feel is incredibly counter-productive to the entire goal of this board and this community...This board and the people who post on it should strive towards empowerment. With that comes responsibility. If we want a 'movement', or argument, or even just a preference to have any kind of reasonable credibilty, it has to go beyond just simple Pollyanna optimism and blind hope.

Know what's up, as best you can. Don't stick your head in the sand, unless you're a Saudi who really loves it doggy-style, and you're aware of the risks and benefits. Just own your moments, don't feel the need to make excuses or apologies for them.
HugeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:20 AM   #35
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I always wonder if the crusaders spend this much time bitching out smokers and drinkers and skydivers about how their choices are going to kill them.

No one's ever given a satisfactory answer as to how it's any of their fuckin' business. Your concern is noted and ignored. Now go away.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #36
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
I always wonder if the crusaders spend this much time bitching out smokers and drinkers and skydivers about how their choices are going to kill them.

No one's ever given a satisfactory answer as to how it's any of their fuckin' business. Your concern is noted and ignored. Now go away.
To be fair, second hand smoke could damage other people around them which would make it my business if I was in the same vicinity.

However, if I'm 3,000 miles away and someone says "I'm havin a cigarette" its not my business and it don't concern me.

I get your point though.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 AM   #37
HugeFan

HugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHugeFan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yeah, but you don't get to tell me to go away. I'm just as much a member of this community as you are, even if I don't agree with everything you believe in. Sorry about that.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, maybe you didn't pay attention, maybe a bit of both. My point was that somewhat overweight=somewhat unhealthy generally, but not as a rule, extremely overweight=extremely unhealthy generally, more of a rule but not entirely...but there is a correlation.

It's a risk factor, as is sky-diving, bull fighting, and robot mating :P And if you think that heavy-duty smokers aren't the focus of public health policy.....really? They tax the crap out of it, then ban it in everywhere including bars......is that political/economic? Yep. Is smoking healthy? Wanna fight that one?
Old 12-29-2009, 02:30 AM   #38
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeFan View Post
Yeah, but you don't get to tell me to go away. I'm just as much a member of this community as you are, even if I don't agree with everything you believe in. Sorry about that.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear, maybe you didn't pay attention, maybe a bit of both. My point was that somewhat overweight=somewhat unhealthy generally, but not as a rule, extremely overweight=extremely unhealthy generally, more of a rule but not entirely...but there is a correlation.

It's a risk factor, as is sky-diving, bull fighting, and robot mating :P And if you think that heavy-duty smokers aren't the focus of public health policy.....really? They tax the crap out of it, then ban it in everywhere including bars......is that political/economic? Yep. Is smoking healthy? Wanna fight that one?
Maybe I just don't give a shit about things that have nothing to do with me? What responsible, consenting adults ingest, expel, or otherwise fuck around with is no concern of mine, and I cast a wary glance at anyone who pays that much attention either way.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:08 AM   #39
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Huge fan, you really don't know what you're talking about. Generally, most people who are BBW or SSBBW are not that way deliberately or because they want to be. It's not due to some careless notion or wreckless way of living that they aren't as good at as you are. Some would give anything to be able to walk into a store and buy a dress along side their friends and what not. It's a bit flippant to treat their disposition as some form of damning evidence of their evil or ineptitude at making better life choices. Sometimes the better choice is to accept the things you cannot change, change the things you can and know the difference between the two. Living with guilt that is undeserved is not a part of size acceptance though.

So you think that the state of being a bbw/ssbbw is self inflicted? Who cares. It aint you, and you don't know what you're talking about unless you've lived it. You can bla bla bla here all you like but it gets deleted because it's annoying, condescending, ill informed and inflammatory. Don't pat yourself on the back like you're exposing some truth that only you have the mental strength to contort into sense. The people who live it every day bear more weight of the truth than you ever will and your affirmations are very surface and hollow.

As for feedees, none of us are dead. When we are you can come here howling and tearing your clothes about the inhumanity of it all just like the others will, I'm sure. It's a bit callous however to preen and gloat over the death of those who weren't into this lifestyle at all and had no control over the state of their bodies or what happened to them as a result. It's kind of sick actually. You don't like this lifestyle, fine. Beating up on those who had nothing to do with it is cruel though. That's why your posts get edited and deleted.

Quote:
I'm well aware that this post may get censored, as a few of mine have been, for being politically-incorrect, at least in the context of these boards. I've been reading and posting on these forums, on and off, for over a decade, but once you're out of step with the party line, you may find yourself the enemy. Sorry to sound confrontational, please read all of what I have to say, you may find something worth pondering within it, or at least a laugh.

I really do find interesting the impact a lack of reality, perspective, and personal responsibilty can have on someone's view of things. Nowhere is this more evident, it seems, than in what I'll just point to as the world of feederism/SSBBW/and especially 'ultra-ssbbw.' As my thoughts center around the realization that things tend to be a matter of spectrums, degrees, and shades of grey, they do pertain to the whole community, just to a lesser extent.

I'm sorry, but I'm just damn sick of hearing posters pretend like they're confused by the passing of a member of our community, often what you'd say premature, who falls under the ultra-sized tag, four or five hundred pounds plus.

The reality is that being that size carries with it certain health risks. So does smoking. So does drinking too much, or, maybe, not enough. Don't exercise enough, and you're at risk for an early demise, but don't be biking on that mountain trail at 3 am because you may go sailing. Enjoy the benefits from that fish you broiled for dinner, but the mercury in its flesh will bite you in the ass....but you'll still need to get it checked with a colonoscopy.

If things weren't complicated enough for you years ago, we're well into the era of 'good' and 'bad' cholesterol. I have no idea what parts of an egg are good for me, or if garlic is only good for keeping that emo-looking kid that the Twilight movies are making popular away, or if it'll stop a heart attack.

Popular media often wants to portray being overweight as a death-sentence. The reality is that being somewhat overweight may well have no impact on one individual, while it might be very negative towards another, and even have a positive impact on another. It's just one factor to consider. It's contextual, it's variable, and it can't be stated categorically as a health influence. But it is a factor to be considered.

Is being a 'ssbbw' a death sentence? Of course not. And what's a 'ssbbw?' Depends, right? Every ssbbw is a different size, has different health, different genes, different habits. But is being more overweight a generally negative contributing health factor? Yep. Sorry.

Here's the thing. Weighing 450 lbs is unhealthy. So is drinking too much, or smoking, or riding a motorcycle, or for that matter not eating your asparagus. Or eating too much of it. I guess it's human nature to present a full-throated defense of one's lifestyle, but it comes at the cost of credibilty.

I'll say this and leave it: for those of you who will firebomb my thoughts, and then delete them, what would you say to the person posting on their respective forums: 'Yeah Jim ran a smoking fetish paysite, and went through 4 packs a day, but I can't understand how he died of lung cancer at 43!' or 'Well sure I go through 2 things of bourbon a day, but I make do and function alright....society says it's unhealthy, but they're just discriminating.'

My point could be made without discussing feederism, and I do believe that that is a whole different ball of wax. But it is pertinent in that, as mentioned already, we see two faces from people here, one loudly proclaiming that 'there's nothing unhealthy about being XXX weight', and then turning around with the other yelling '...then that ass coerced her into gaining weight and making her unhealthy.' I believe that an undue influence and abusive nature of a Feedee/Feeder relationship may very well occur, but I don't see that its inherent.

All of these things point to one general trend, one which I feel is incredibly counter-productive to the entire goal of this board and this community...This board and the people who post on it should strive towards empowerment. With that comes responsibility. If we want a 'movement', or argument, or even just a preference to have any kind of reasonable credibilty, it has to go beyond just simple Pollyanna optimism and blind hope.

Know what's up, as best you can. Don't stick your head in the sand, unless you're a Saudi who really loves it doggy-style, and you're aware of the risks and benefits. Just own your moments, don't feel the need to make excuses or apologies for them.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #40
HugeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Huge fan, you really don't know what you're talking about. Generally, most people who are BBW or SSBBW are not that way deliberately or because they want to be. It's not due to some careless notion or wreckless way of living that they aren't as good at as you are. Some would give anything to be able to walk into a store and buy a dress along side their friends and what not. It's a bit flippant to treat their disposition as some form of damning evidence of their evil or ineptitude at making better life choices. Sometimes the better choice is to accept the things you cannot change, change the things you can and know the difference between the two. Living with guilt that is undeserved is not a part of size acceptance though.

So you think that the state of being a bbw/ssbbw is self inflicted? Who cares. It aint you, and you don't know what you're talking about unless you've lived it. You can bla bla bla here all you like but it gets deleted because it's annoying, condescending, ill informed and inflammatory. Don't pat yourself on the back like you're exposing some truth that only you have the mental strength to contort into sense. The people who live it every day bear more weight of the truth than you ever will and your affirmations are very surface and hollow.

As for feedees, none of us are dead. When we are you can come here howling and tearing your clothes about the inhumanity of it all just like the others will, I'm sure. It's a bit callous however to preen and gloat over the death of those who weren't into this lifestyle at all and had no control over the state of their bodies or what happened to them as a result. It's kind of sick actually. You don't like this lifestyle, fine. Beating up on those who had nothing to do with it is cruel though. That's why your posts get edited and deleted.
In no way did I suggest being overweight, or a feedee, was evil....And even though, since I said something you didn't like, you're certain I have no clue about anything, I know what it's like to be overweight, and what it's like to lose and gain said weight back.

I'm sorry, but the vast majority of people who'd fall under the SSBBW or SSBHM category could lose weight if they put their minds to it. I'm not talking about being a size 4, but getting somewhat smaller.

That said, I'm not saying that they should do that, or even should want to. My point was simply that people should just admit that being that size, particularly if you're into feederism and gaining, is just one of many lifestyle choices, like drinking, smoking, jogging, etc.

Why is that so wrong? I'm not suggesting any kind of value judgment, despite your attempt to characterize it as such. I don't think it's evil, or bad, or necessarily wrong at all for someone to look at their individual situation, weigh the pros and cons, and go from there.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Quote:
In no way did I suggest being overweight, or a feedee, was evil....And even though, since I said something you didn't like, you're certain I have no clue about anything, I know what it's like to be overweight, and what it's like to lose and gain said weight back.

I'm sorry, but the vast majority of people who'd fall under the SSBBW or SSBHM category could lose weight if they put their minds to it. I'm not talking about being a size 4, but getting somewhat smaller.

That said, I'm not saying that they should do that, or even should want to. My point was simply that people should just admit that being that size, particularly if you're into feederism and gaining, is just one of many lifestyle choices, like drinking, smoking, jogging, etc.

Why is that so wrong? I'm not suggesting any kind of value judgment, despite your attempt to characterize it as such. I don't think it's evil, or bad, or necessarily wrong at all for someone to look at their individual situation, weigh the pros and cons, and go from there.
I see what you're saying - that being "overweight" CAN be negative to a person's health, in the same way that many everyday activities have this potential, and that it is just one thing to consider - but you must notice that you're phrasing it in a way that is going to piss off a lot of readers and cause them to ignore your point.

Peppering your message with phrases like the one I have bolded is another way to guarantee that readers will react negatively.

Just saying.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #42
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

OMG HugeFan, I had never EVER even thought of that before! I'm sure neither have the thousands of other SS people out there. You are so clever and enlightening. And you lost 60 pounds on fresh air and diet soda? Gee whiz, that's amazing. You've really reached me.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #43
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

The moderation likely has nothing to do with being "politically-incorrect" and everything to do with exploiting a person's death to say that everyone could stand to lose a few pounds.

I'm sorry but (meaning I'm not really sorry at all), it's probably more callous and inhumane than someone posting a thread over how they wish someone didn't die because they wanted to see them pass a certain weight milestone or get free videos. One views a person as nothing more than their sexual outlet while the other views them as nothing more than a bullet point for their argument on the fucking internet.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #44
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Too much BS to quote

I cant believe I missed this yesterday.

How...DARE...you take the whole community to task not to mention use someone's death as a crutch for your arguement.

I was legitimate friends with 3 people who died this year, and NONE of the 3 died from an illness brought on or became fatal due to their weight. Just for the fact you didn't even THINK to look into why someone died and just made the pitiful assumption "Oh, someone over 500 pounds died? Must have been their weight" shows you aren't exactly the HugeFan you claim to be.

While I'll admit that ssbbw's and ssbhm's won't be competing in the olympics for 40 yard dash times, they're not automatically unhealthy as you claim to be. I bet I can name 3 ssbbw's that can run or move FASTER than you because they're very mobile for their size.

If you're so sick of us continuing to support supersized men and women, why don't you take a walk and not come back?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:56 AM   #45
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just wanted to chime in to say, riding a motorcycle isn't 'unhealthy'. thanks. x
Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #46
squurp

squurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot picssquurp does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

You have no clue what you are talking about. You are not up on the research and your understanding of things is very narrow. I have neither the time nor the motivation to coddle you in this area which you are clearly remedial, but you may search my posts and find some enlightenment in this manner. Until you further educate yourself, you offer no benefit to this community.
squurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #47
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post

Well said. I always find it funny when every year around this time, people (in general) are generally shocked that a fresh study comes out stating that deaths rates from stroke and heart disease are all dropping, and lifespans are rising while the average American get fatter.

However, I would to know why does there seem to be witch hunt of people that are perceived to made a conscious decision to being fat (or being the weight they are)?

Is it because we are still holding on to old myths that deliberately being fat (or fatter) is a wreckless way of living?

If we can say that being fat and fit has no weight limit. We have to say that regardless of if the weight is deliberately or not.

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #48
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
Just wanted to chime in to say, riding a motorcycle isn't 'unhealthy'. thanks. x
It is when you crash
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #49
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
The moderation likely has nothing to do with being "politically-incorrect" and everything to do with exploiting a person's death to say that everyone could stand to lose a few pounds.

I'm sorry but (meaning I'm not really sorry at all), it's probably more callous and inhumane than someone posting a thread over how they wish someone didn't die because they wanted to see them pass a certain weight milestone or get free videos. One views a person as nothing more than their sexual outlet while the other views them as nothing more than a bullet point for their argument on the fucking internet.
Yup......agreed
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:32 PM   #50
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2d View Post
It is when you crash
It's the crashing part that's unhealthy, not the riding.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote