Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: What's more appealing to you as an FA?
Process of weight gain 72 29.51%
Results of weight gain 67 27.46%
Inseperable/the same as eachother 81 33.20%
Neither hold any appeal 24 9.84%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #26
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think they're different because weight gain can be arousing to any, some would argue most, FAs because it makes an attribute they like even more encompassing of that attribute. But simply enjoying that someone gained weight doesn't mean you have any interest in the process. I know plenty of FAs who are delighted to see a formerly smaller girl having packed on a few or hundred pounds, but they (as Kevin was mentioning earlier) likely had nothing to do with it and they don't care. So, they are enjoying the gain, but the process is not relevant to them - therefore results would be their answer.

At least that's how I read this.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:31 PM   #27
wolfpersona

wolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswolfpersona can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I favor the results of weight gain. I think it takes to much time and concentration to gain weight. But the results are worth it.
wolfpersona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #28
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
At least that's how I read this.
Works for me.

~~~

Let's go to extremes here. My view of someone who prefers, to an EXTREME, the process over the result would be the stereotypical "creepy" (what a loaded word) feeder who encourages and/or causes weight gain until their partner can no longer gain; the feeder then would move on to another willing partner, as the fat person themselves is less important than the gain and the gaining process.

Back in the real world, someone who prefers fat women with little to no interest in how they got that way would enjoy results over process. Someone who prefers fat women with great interest in how they got that way would enjoy process over results.

This is definitely a fine-line issue, and so if you don't feel comfortable answering a poll, post and see where you and others stand on the issue.

Last edited by Wagimawr; 12-30-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #29
StarWitness
part square, part drape

StarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions communityStarWitness is a pillar of the Dimensions community

This question was more difficult than I had expected.

Desire for fat men is at the core of my interest. There are fat men I'm attracted to, and don't specifically want to see them get bigger.

But at the same time, I'm also keen on seeing desire in another person, especially if I'm able to fulfill those desires. So the thought of a guy who is passionate about becoming what I'm passionate about? Possibly the hottest thing ever. I would much rather be with a skinny guy who wants help reaching his goal of a 36-inch waist than a fat guy who is constantly down on himself for being big.

So to answer the question... yes.

I've always been a guy with a sweet tooth, and that girl's just like a king-size candy bar...
--Sleater-Kinney
StarWitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #30
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWitness View Post
So to answer the question... yes.
I know exactly how you feel!
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here is my personal take on this one: for those who like that sort of thing, gain is a mental turn-on, while ‘the result’ is usually more of a visual one. For me, mental > visual.

For me, visually, yes, I’m attracted to fat people of various types. Whether they’ve just gradually gotten to that size over the course of their life, or used to be a fair bit smaller and had a more discrete period of gaining to get there doesn’t really matter to me visually, because they look the same either way.

On the other hand, mentally, the whole spectrum of liking being fat is a huge turn on. Deliberately choosing to gain is about as strong a demonstration of liking being fat as one could make, so someone willfully gaining (or at least willfully deciding to not resist gaining) is just a huge turn-on. But it is at least as much the decision as the actual gain that appeals. Of course there are lots of other ways, both active and passive, to express liking being fat. Hence someone who is fat but not gaining could certainly hit that hot button of mine in other ways. But just in terms of the question as asked, with no other context, I’d say the gain over the result.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #32
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

So "Neither hold any appeal" means that you are not an fa?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #33
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have to go with process because I grew up with a few folks who grew overtime but I do love the results.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:02 AM   #34
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergirl View Post
So "Neither hold any appeal" means that you are not an fa?
Based on the thread, but it's more of a semantics issue.

It was said that by virtue of being attracted to larger people, one might have "Interest" in weight gain in essence of being who they are, but the degree really wasn't spoken of, because Interest != What one finds "Hotter."

I'm sure you're just like me in that there's no set rules in either direction (Weight ambivalence as you say), but it's not something you think about often. You just like who you like at the moment.

I did originally vote for that, but based on the view of the thread I would be more into results (In either direction... dependent on the person lol), and I have no interest in the process even though I think me picking results is sort of like picking a default.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #35
Gspoon
Spoonah

Gspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging inGspoon makes people happy simply by logging in

I chose results.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I love the process just as much. But seeing the actual size is better for me than seeing what makes it happen. It is kinda like when you see stuff being made on that show "How its Made" on Discovery. You are excited to see it being made, but the finished product is what you really want.

Well, for me at least! But the process is still just as great and should be appreciated. Mostly because no process = no result... well, a different result.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #36
Qit el-Remel
Geek and FFA

Qit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized rep

Hard to say.

I love the fat boys, true. But I prefer it if that's just the way they're built than if they've deliberately gone and gotten themselves fat. (Of course, if a lifetime dieter says "the hell with it," and gets fat as a result of just eating in a normal, healthy fashion? Different, IMO.)

But...I'm weird. I recently wrote some chapters for an interactive story at Writing.com, in which a female character dares a large, brawny guy to pretty much eat himself into a food coma. (If anyone's read Matilda, I couldn't help but think of Bruce at the end of chapter 11—that's how completely bloated and zonked the guy is at the end.) Upon re-reading it later, I couldn't help but think "that's kind of hot."

"What monstrosities would walk the streets were some people's faces as unfinished as their minds."
—Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition
Qit el-Remel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #37
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

how dare you not post a link
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #38
Qit el-Remel
Geek and FFA

Qit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized repQit el-Remel has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
how dare you not post a link
I actually grabbed it and did some editing on it after the fact. It's here.

"What monstrosities would walk the streets were some people's faces as unfinished as their minds."
—Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition
Qit el-Remel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:44 AM   #39
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For me it's both... A cute girl who wants to be fed/is eating to gain = hott! To the extent that even a small lass (like size 12-14) who wants to grow is hott to me when she otherwise wouldn't be... I've been with at least one girl like this... Fun times were had by both of us... Equally a cute fat girl who stays roughly the same fat size =hott! (even if she goes up or down in a 30 or 40lb range over time) ... One of my lovers was a BBW who didn't gain as such... I loved and desired her for the 3years we were together (shame she went off me, oh well... c'est la vie...) ... Altho we sometimes enjoyed feeding play it wasn't gain oriented... She was beautiful, plentiful and lovely and that was awesome! (She was in the 240-280lb range sizewise... )
Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #40
Jigen

Jigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going onJigen knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I think they're different because weight gain can be arousing to any, some would argue most, FAs because it makes an attribute they like even more encompassing of that attribute. But simply enjoying that someone gained weight doesn't mean you have any interest in the process. I know plenty of FAs who are delighted to see a formerly smaller girl having packed on a few or hundred pounds, but they (as Kevin was mentioning earlier) likely had nothing to do with it and they don't care. So, they are enjoying the gain, but the process is not relevant to them - therefore results would be their answer.
I agree with you. It can change from case to case. Particularly, I like to see a thin woman who became fat, but I am intrigued in the process of seeing a thin/nner woman getting fat/ter. I feel intrigued by both.
Sappho, VI century BC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #41
dorsch123

dorsch123 has said some nice things

Definetely the process!!!
dorsch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #42
Spiderweb Sitar

Spiderweb Sitar can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsch123 View Post
Definetely the process!!!
AGREED. There is nothing better than getting a text from my boyfriend about how full he feels, how much he ate, etc.. My friend was home visiting from college, and she pointed out to me (in private) that she had noticed his gain. Gah, I'm getting all hot and bothered just thinking about it!
Spiderweb Sitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #43
xysoseriousx

xysoseriousx can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesxysoseriousx can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I would have to say both, because I love how sexy women get as they put pound by pound on their ever-growing hotter body, and the end result is a masterpiece.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #44
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Re: What's hotter? (Process. vs. Result)

For me it is the process, even though I know it can not continuously continue. In my case I was happy with the gain but, the process was very exciting.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #45
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I understand the way the OP's question is posited, but I still really think this thread should be in Weight Gain, not FA. This has bothered me since the thread was started.

It doesn't represent at all how people are fat in real life, how weight/size really works. There isn't one Process, there aren't even 100 processes. If it were all just A+B...life would look a lot different.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #46
TimeTraveller
Not Enough Hours in Day

Location: Small town Illinois guy now in the big city of Chicago
TimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized repTimeTraveller has super-sized rep

For me the results of weight gain are most appealing, although I've certainly enjoyed seeing my wife more than quadruple in size! We've known each other since she was 8 and I was 7, so I've seen her grow from about 4 feet tall and 90 pounds in 2nd grade, to 5-foot-7 and 200 pounds in high school, to her present 400 pounds now that she's 54 and I'm 53 (we were the same height until high school but later I leveled off at 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds).

During our 30-plus years of marriage it's terrific whenever she has some extra fat I hadn't noticed before, like at the change of seasons when she's trying on her summer or winter clothes and she has even bigger rolls of fat than last year. Then she starts hopping up and down to shake her fat into her tighter clothes, and I'm in heaven. Likewise it's no bad thing to see a female friend or acquaintance who is fatter than she used to be. Even so, I never really consider the gaining process. For me what's most attractive is the fat that is, rather than the fat that could be.

I loved my wife at 200 pounds, and I love her at 400 pounds. I'd never expect her to gain weight just for me, or change anything else about herself just for me. But if her weight gain happens naturally, which is the best kind and thank goodness it has been no rare occurrance, I'm there to appreciate it.

Fat is expensive too. Whenever my wife outgrew her clothes, shopping has put a big dent in our budget. She rationalizes it by saying her clothes are old and she needs to buy new stuff, but I know it's because she has some stunning obesity going on. That's a perpetual turn-on for me, so the budget-busting is worth it. Oh yeah, it's so definitely worth it.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #47
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I had a hand in the process then yes, I think process would outweigh (heh) result. However, I love the result too. I've loved fat guys (all fat people for that matter) without any participation in them getting to their size but if I had the opportunity to help a man who wanted to gain I know I'd enjoy it. I like to feed people. It's not really sexual except that what arouses a lover also often arouses me. In my case, it's emotional first.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #48
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

For me, I like both, but the result is a little better. The process is awesome, and the result is awesome. Put it together and you get a sandwich with awesomesauce filling!

The process is interesting to watch because it's pretty cool to see a girl put on the pounds as she reaches the result and see her enjoy it. When she reaches that result, it's when we can both enjoy it. Of course, we can both enjoy the process together, too. Hmm, I might have to think about this more. lol
Old 01-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #49
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

I see eating/feeding as the process and gaining/being fat as the result. I'm not really into the eating/feeding aspect, just the gaining and/or being fat. My vote for "both" reflects my interest in the gaining and being fat.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #50
Gentleman Zombie

Gentleman Zombie can now change their title

I like a large, impressive woman. I view her size as something she just happens to be. Some people just have being fat programmed into their DNA. The notion of feeding her and watching her get bigger does not appeal to me. I have learned that many guys are into that, but that is not my thing...