Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up Show Your Skill/Talent/Hobby Off! - BBW Only Please

I thought it would be a good to start a thread to boost ourselves up by showing what we're proud of doing, a talent, a hobby, skill, anything!

Do you make jewelry? Take a pic and show it off!

Are you working on a home improvement project? Show us the beginning, middle and end!

Do you have some sort of hobby such as sewing, knitting, woodwork, painting, crafting of any kind, gardening, etc? Show off your project!

Did you finish a work project you're proud about? Tell us about it!

Rules:
(1) For the women only (non SS/BBW can participate).
(2) Don't be shy or humble!
(3) If someone compliments you, please say thank you!

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #2
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have a crap-ton of artsy hobbies. I enjoy making ribbon flowers with wired ribbon, needle/thread, and buckram. I'm in the middle of making some ribbon-rose hairclips...will post soonish. Also in the middle of some sewing projects (Regency day gown, ball gown, spencer, and new stays...all of my old early-19th century stuff is still WAY too small for me, so it was time to make new). Will post those whenever I happen to finish them.

I've already posted some of my drawings and graphics to the art thread In the lounge. But because you are a boid lady, I'll repost this.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tania View Post
I have a crap-ton of artsy hobbies. I enjoy making ribbon flowers with wired ribbon, needle/thread, and buckram. I'm in the middle of making some ribbon-rose hairclips...will post soonish. Also in the middle of some sewing projects (Regency day gown, ball gown, spencer, and new stays...all of my old early-19th century stuff is still WAY too small for me, so it was time to make new). Will post those whenever I happen to finish them.

I've already posted some of my drawings and graphics to the art thread In the lounge. But because you are a boid lady, I'll repost this.

I LOVE.............do you see parrot drawings in your future...........I do......<waving my hands over my crystal ball>

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 AM   #4
aussieamazonwoman

aussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesaussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Great Thread MizzSnakeBite,

My hobbies aren't as visual (and are possibly a bit nutty).

I play the piano and write music, have since I was a kid and still play every day and I also love to sing jazz (I swear when I was younger I would have totally followed a creative path except for the fact that I felt I didn't *look right* then).

My other nutty hobby is that I am an astrologer, have studied the art and philosophy of the planets turning for about the last 10 years. I find it fascinating.
aussieamazonwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:39 AM   #5
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

That's beautiful, Tania.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:46 AM   #6
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Tania, I love your drawing!
What a clever idea for a thread Devi
Old 01-11-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

So,so lovely Tania!! I wish I could sew from the bottom of my heart - am taking lessons in the next month because I don't think sewing is a skill a fat girl should be without.

My hobby's - and also my job - writing and photography. Below two fave shots from two shoots last year. Sorry bout the watermark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg small du.jpg (31.4 KB, 2873 views)
File Type: jpg small t.jpg (40.2 KB, 2873 views)
Old 01-11-2010, 05:39 AM   #8
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
So,so lovely Tania!! I wish I could sew from the bottom of my heart - am taking lessons in the next month because I don't think sewing is a skill a fat girl should be without.

My hobby's - and also my job - writing and photography. Below two fave shots from two shoots last year. Sorry bout the watermark
Oh Tau, they are fantastic!! The last one is my favourite, the colour is gorgeous.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieamazonwoman View Post

I play the piano and write music, have since I was a kid and still play every day and I also love to sing jazz (I swear when I was younger I would have totally followed a creative path except for the fact that I felt I didn't *look right* then).

My other nutty hobby is that I am an astrologer, have studied the art and philosophy of the planets turning for about the last 10 years. I find it fascinating.
I don't think it is nutty at all. You sound like a really grounded person Anyone who can play more than Mary Had a Little Lamb on the piano gets my respect, lol.

Astrology is so interesting. I also like the Tarot and Palm Reading. I am missing a line, a major line on my right hand and find it very interesting
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #10
aussieamazonwoman

aussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesaussieamazonwoman can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

thankyou BeautifulPD for your kind words!

Yes, I like tarot as well (although can only read for other people, never myself). I wish I could understand palm reading. I find most of the esoteric arts pretty interesting to explore
aussieamazonwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #11
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I can show you some of the projects I made with Harold. Not from start to finish, I wasn't that smart. I nevr took pictures all the way through. I always like the finished project. The first is a hope chest. The second is a dresser I sanded and repainted, it turned out well. The third is one of my adirondack chairs. I really love this stuff.

Last edited by steely; 03-18-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
steely

Tau- Those pics are just gorgeous.

aussiewoman- I agree, I am in awe of anyone who can play the piano, not to mention write music. What a gift to have.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #13
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I can show you some of the projects I made with Harold. Not from start to finish, I wasn't that smart. I nevr took pictures all the way through. I always like the finished project. The first is a hope chest. The second is a dresser I sanded and repainted, it turned out well. The third is one of my adirondack chairs. I really love this stuff.

OMG Steely!!! Those are so beautiful!!!

And to you and littlefairywren - thank you
Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Steely, what a lovely, comfortable, warm and inviting house yours is!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #15
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

*hugs* and thank you, Devi, Amy, Kimberly, and Tau. :*

Tau, I have perused your photoblog and love your work. The images from the outdoor shoot of the models in the whimsical makeup are stunning!

Amy, what beautiful furniture!

Devi, I will do a colored pencil drawing of one of your babies, if you like. It may take me a bit of time to finish, but I will do that for you.

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
steely

Quote:
OMG Steely!!! Those are so beautiful!!!

And to you and littlefairywren - thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Steely, what a lovely, comfortable, warm and inviting house yours is!
Quote:
*hugs* and thank you, Devi, Amy, Kimberly, and Tau. :*

Tau, I have perused your photoblog and love your work. The images from the outdoor shoot of the models in the whimsical makeup are stunning!

Amy, what beautiful furniture!

Devi, I will do a colored pencil drawing of one of your babies, if you like. It may take me a bit of time to finish, but I will do that for you.
Thank you all, I love the pieces we made together. I like to think of my home as comfortable and inviting. What a lovely compliment.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
I LOVE your projects steely...particularly the adirondak chair. I have always wanted one, they just look so comfy. And that colour blue is my fav!
Old 01-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
I LOVE your projects steely...particularly the adirondak chair. I have always wanted one, they just look so comfy. And that colour blue is my fav!
Thank you! You can tell I love carolina blue. The dresser is the same color. I love blues of any shade. I have two of them, I need about 4 more. I'd like to put some down by the creek. Leave them to weather to a natural grey.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #19
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
Thank you! You can tell I love carolina blue. The dresser is the same color. I love blues of any shade. I have two of them, I need about 4 more. I'd like to put some down by the creek. Leave them to weather to a natural grey.
Yes, that sounds just like the image in my head...down by the water, on a soft afternoon with a comfy pillow behind my back and a book in my lap
Old 01-11-2010, 06:36 PM   #20
steely

That is just perfect, lfw. My creek is just on the other side of the fence. Harold and I built the fence, too. We were just so handy together. We planted the azaleas around the tree. I wish he could have spent his last years here, where we worked so hard together.

Last edited by steely; 03-18-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #21
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
That is just perfect, lfw. My creek is just on the other side of the fence. Harold and I built the fence, too. We were just so handy together. We planted the azaleas around the tree. I wish he could have spent his last years here, where we worked so hard together.
Oh, thank you for posting that pic Amy....it is so peaceful looking. The work that you and Harold put in to that fence and garden shows. What a perfect spot you have there
Old 01-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #22
steely

Quote:
Oh, thank you for posting that pic Amy....it is so peaceful looking. The work that you and Harold put in to that fence and garden shows. What a perfect spot you have there
You are welcome. It is very peaceful here, I am happy here and I was with Harold. We both liked the quiet of the country and I always will. I'm a country girl at heart, feet in the grass, hands in the dirt.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #23
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieamazonwoman View Post

Thank you!

I wish I could play the piano! I used to play the cello; very relaxing.

I don't think being an astrologer's nutty at all! I've often wanted to go to one, but was/am afraid of what I might find out!! lol

Quote:
Tania, I love your drawing!
What a clever idea for a thread Devi
Thank you my dear.

P.S. You're mine, not FLW's

Quote:
S

Gorgeous!! Beautiful coloration!

Quote:
Those are all just beautiful! I particularly love the hope chest and the Adirondack chair! That blue is so pretty.

Quote:

<Squeal of delight!!!> Oh I wuv you!!! I'd still wuv you if you didn't do it though.

Quote:
You have such beautiful land! I just love your fence!! Your landscaping is to die for......it must be stunning when everything is in bloom!

Emily Dickinson
Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #24
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
You live here? I'm moving in with you! To hell with you, Manhattan! You and Harold created a very beautiful yard. I love it.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #25
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post

Thank you my dear.

P.S. You're mine, not FLW's

LOL, there is a LOT of me to go around you know...and lots of cuddles too

Tags
hobby, skills