Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 01-13-2010, 04:42 AM   #51
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
This is a picture of the deck we built, of course attached to the house. We landscaped the front. This place was pitiful when we bought it. We worked hard in the first couple of years to get it in shape. I really enjoyed it.
It's strange little squashed picture but you get it, LOL.
Wow thats how i picture my dream house at the beach....
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #52
Inhibited

Inhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging inInhibited makes people happy simply by logging in

[QUOTE=Cat;1361206]It's great seeing all of the creations from the talented people on here!

The past couple of years, I've been trying to stretch my analog skills and have started doing paper cutting and quilting. Here are a few examples:

I really like these, they would go so well in my dream beach house....
So you know i like the 3rd one too but it got left out of the quote...
Inhibited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:13 AM   #53
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I have others..but this is my first one.

Beautiful, Misty
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 AM   #54
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
It's great seeing all of the creations from the talented people on here!

The past couple of years, I've been trying to stretch my analog skills and have started doing paper cutting and quilting. Here are a few examples:

I also did a random crafty thing for a friend of mine...Xmas stockings:

Wow! You are incredibly talented, everything you do is beautiful.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #55
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhibited View Post
Wow thats how i picture my dream house at the beach....
Me, too! But it's at the foot of the mountains instead, it's all good.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:08 AM   #56
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I also did a random crafty thing for a friend of mine...Xmas stockings:

Cat, I love your work. The cardinals are my favourite of the paper cutting and the quilts are excellent!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I have others..but this is my first one.

This is beautiful Misty....please put up some more
Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #57
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks for the compliments, Inhibited, Steely and LittleFairyWren!
Old 01-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #58
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I LOVE the cardinals! They're the state bird of Illinois (right?) and I don't see them much anymore now that I live in Philly. My parents have a pair (they go everywhere together, the male and female) that visit our back porch and I love seeing them all year long.

This is a necklace I recently finished. It's brecciated jasper (pendant) strung together with tiger's eye (smaller rounds) and mahogany obsidian (larger rounds) in sterling silver. The pendant is unbelievably awesome in its color striations, but this shot only shows it from the side.

(photo credit: not me!)

well crap. photo too big. and, I don't feel like typing this out again ever, so, uh...just picture it in your mind. *sad trombone*
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #59
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Thanks, MizzSnakeBite!
Thanks for starting the thread, too.
Thank you! I love seeing everything we've all worked on!

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #60
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
I LOVE the cardinals! They're the state bird of Illinois (right?) and I don't see them much anymore now that I live in Philly. My parents have a pair (they go everywhere together, the male and female) that visit our back porch and I love seeing them all year long.

This is a necklace I recently finished. It's brecciated jasper (pendant) strung together with tiger's eye (smaller rounds) and mahogany obsidian (larger rounds) in sterling silver. The pendant is unbelievably awesome in its color striations, but this shot only shows it from the side.

(photo credit: not me!)

well crap. photo too big. and, I don't feel like typing this out again ever, so, uh...just picture it in your mind. *sad trombone*
ah yes, it's just divine! ROFL

Really, it sounds beautiful

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
Old 01-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #61
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Cool

I just wanted to reiterate that you can post anything you've done; big or small! If you don't have room for a garden, but have a plant you've bought, and are watching it grow and bloom, post it! I love to see plants (I was a horticulture major in college)! Don't feel like what you have to contribute 'isn't enough'. So don't hold back on us!!! We're nosy and want to see what you've been up too!

Emily Dickinson
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #62
steely

Ooo, Ooo, I forgot this, how I could forget this I have no idea. I guess because I didn't get to EAT them.
Feast your eyes on the loveliness of cake decorating class. I am a renaissance woman, LOL! I can grout tile and bake a lovely decorated cake!

The Rainbow cake was first, the Clown cake second and the Flower cake third. I had never decorated a cake in my life. I didn't master the rose until later but I did get it, finally.

Last edited by steely; 03-18-2010 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #63
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Ooo, Ooo, I forgot this, how I could forget this I have no idea. I guess because I didn't get to EAT them.
Feast your eyes on the loveliness of cake decorating class. I am a renaissance woman, LOL! I can grout tile and bake a lovely decorated cake!

The Rainbow cake was first, the Clown cake second and the Flower cake third. I had never decorated a cake in my life. I didn't master the rose until later but I did get it, finally.
Oh my gosh, the clown cake is sooooo sweet. The little guy on the side of the cake, looks like he is about to hop off. That made me go awwwww
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #64
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

I know this is really really stupid to list as a talent or hobby but whatevs.

As i posted about, last year I worked at a bar and restaurant and discovered I'm really good at mixing drinks and inventing new ones. The same way some people are good at cooking or baking and like trying new recipes, I really like doing that with liquor and mixers. I invented some cool shooters, and some twists on classic margaritas that were really good. I also used to love looking up really classic old drink recipes like sidecars or Gin Blossoms or Pink Ladies that nobody orders anymore and making them at work. Every now and then I could talk a customer into ordering something they'd never tried before and I loved getting to make and offer them new things they'd either never heard of or never tried. I used to get so geeked up when somebody would discover a new favorite and say they couldn't wait to order it again.

Also serving drinks properly is kind of (kind of) like plating food. The presentation is a big deal to me and I always made a point of doing the little things (like clearing the salt on a salt rimmed margarita glass out of the inside of the glass) that made them look like a magazine picture.

Sometimes on my days off I'd buy up a bunch of those little airplane sized bottles of liquor and some fruit and fruit juice and play around with new ideas.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 PM   #65
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Wow, Cat! I LOVE those paper cutting pieces!!! How did you learn? And, do you sell them anywhere?
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #66
steely

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
Oh my gosh, the clown cake is sooooo sweet. The little guy on the side of the cake, looks like he is about to hop off. That made me go awwwww
Thanks, lfw. It was the cutest cake. My bil took it to work the next day, he got there at 6:30 in the morning and it was gone by 7:00. The sad thing was, he took their heads off so he wouldn't lose them. He took these headless clowns into work, it was a little gruesome I thought.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #67
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks everyone for your compliments

This ornament is so damn hard to photograph. The purple just refuses to shine brilliantly.

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #68
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post

As i posted about, last year I worked at a bar and restaurant and discovered I'm really good at mixing drinks and inventing new ones. The same way some people are good at cooking or baking and like trying new recipes, I really like doing that with liquor and mixers. I invented some cool shooters, and some twists on classic margaritas that were really good. I also used to love looking up really classic old drink recipes like sidecars or Gin Blossoms or Pink Ladies that nobody orders anymore and making them at work. Every now and then I could talk a customer into ordering something they'd never tried before and I loved getting to make and offer them new things they'd either never heard of or never tried. I used to get so geeked up when somebody would discover a new favorite and say they couldn't wait to order it again.

Also serving drinks properly is kind of (kind of) like plating food. The presentation is a big deal to me and I always made a point of doing the little things (like clearing the salt on a salt rimmed margarita glass out of the inside of the glass) that made them look like a magazine picture.

Sometimes on my days off I'd buy up a bunch of those little airplane sized bottles of liquor and some fruit and fruit juice and play around with new ideas.
Care to share some of your recipes?

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #69
Fluffy51888
Glitter Queen

Fluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging in

All of you ladies are so creative! I'm not artsy at ALL, (drawing stick people is my specialty ) but I like to paint pottery at a local pottery place here. As soon as I can, I'll get a picture up.
Fluffy51888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #70
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500tchr View Post
Care to share some of your recipes?
My three favorites:

Trail Mix Shooters (I invented this one! It tastes just like trail mix)
Put in a cocktail shaker equal parts Frangelico, Cranberry Juice, and Amaretto. Shake with ice and strain into a glass. YUM!

Tuaca Sidecars. Tuaca is an Italian liqueur with an orange/vanilla flavor. Think a slightly ligher Grand Marnier with vanilla. A "sidecar" is a margarita made with brandy or another liqueur. Chill a cocktail glass (aka the martini glass) and rim sugar. Shake together 2 ounces of Tuaca, a splash of sour mix, a splash of Triple Sec, a splash of Rose's Lime Juice and some OJ. Strain into cocktail glass and garnish with a wedge of orange.

Italian Wedding Cookie Shooter. This can actually be served as a shooter or chilled in a cocktail glass. It tastes exactly like one of those Italian Wedding Cookies dusted with powdered sugar. Shake together 2 ounces Stoli Vanilla, 1/2 ounce each White Creme de Cacao and Amaretto, and 1 ounce each pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Strain into either a highball glass or a cocktail glass. Make sure to shake very hard, because when you look at your glass from the side, the "foam" will be white and look like the powdered sugar on the cookies. Super yummy.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #71
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:

LOVE THEM!!!! I especially love the clown one . I've wanted to take cake decorating lessons for the longest time.

Quote:

I think it's a talent and certainly a hobby! I can't for the life of me really make a decent drink, and forget about creating one from scratch! lol Everyone would be running to the restroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Wow, Cat! I LOVE those paper cutting pieces!!! How did you learn? And, do you sell them anywhere?
I can answer the second question . Yes, she does sell them. She has an Esty shop (which I've hearted lol)

http://catay.etsy.com

[QUOTE=MisticalMisty;1361853][COLOR="Purple"]

This ornament is so damn hard to photograph. The purple just refuses to shine brilliantly.

Just beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy51888 View Post
All of you ladies are so creative! I'm not artsy at ALL, (drawing stick people is my specialty ) but I like to paint pottery at a local pottery place here. As soon as I can, I'll get a picture up.
Can't wait to see!

I've done that before; it's loads of fun. I've given them as gifts.

Emily Dickinson
Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #72
LoveBHMS
default title

Quote:
I think it's a talent and certainly a hobby! I can't for the life of me really make a decent drink, and forget about creating one from scratch! lol Everyone would be running to the restroom
Awwww. Thank you. What I found is that so many bar customers nowadays are only interested in getting wasted or in having some long-winded named drink like the "White Chocolate Rasberry Appletini" or some such nonsense. So much of the real art of cocktail making and serving has gone the way of the dinosaur. One of my funniest exchanges with a patron was with a woman who ordered a martini. I asked her how she wanted it, and she said "what do you mean?" And i said, "Uhmmm. Dry? Dirty? Up? On the rocks? Twist?" and she asked me what "dry" meant. When i said it referred to the amount of vermouth, she said she 'hated vermouth' and when i asked her if all she wanted was chilled gin, she said she hated gin. I said "Miss. A martini without gin or vermouth is an empty glass. So let's try and figure out what you really want to drink." As it turned out, she thought of a "martini" as vodka served straight up, whereas I was thinking of a martini in the classic "three parts gin one part vermouth" serving.

I once had a customer tell our night manager that I was the only waitress in forever who actually understood what questions to ask when somebody ordered a martini. I was like unreasonably proud of that.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #73
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

Quote:
Awwww. Thank you. What I found is that so many bar customers nowadays are only interested in getting wasted or in having some long-winded named drink like the "White Chocolate Rasberry Appletini" or some such nonsense. So much of the real art of cocktail making and serving has gone the way of the dinosaur. One of my funniest exchanges with a patron was with a woman who ordered a martini. I asked her how she wanted it, and she said "what do you mean?" And i said, "Uhmmm. Dry? Dirty? Up? On the rocks? Twist?" and she asked me what "dry" meant. When i said it referred to the amount of vermouth, she said she 'hated vermouth' and when i asked her if all she wanted was chilled gin, she said she hated gin. I said "Miss. A martini without gin or vermouth is an empty glass. So let's try and figure out what you really want to drink." As it turned out, she thought of a "martini" as vodka served straight up, whereas I was thinking of a martini in the classic "three parts gin one part vermouth" serving.

I once had a customer tell our night manager that I was the only waitress in forever who actually understood what questions to ask when somebody ordered a martini. I was like unreasonably proud of that.
You're quite welcome!

I wouldn't be able to do what you do!

Emily Dickinson
Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 AM   #74
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

This is my little hobby....when I find the time. I am still learning btw..

Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #75
Tania
Disneyland Bobsled Team

Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tania has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Beautiful work, Kimberly and Cat. :*

~ The Cure

"She will never submit to any thing requiring industry and patience, and a subjection of the fancy to the understanding."
~ Mr. Knightley on Emma, Jane Austen's Emma
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hobby, skills