Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 01-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default what did you envisage for this forum?

I have read both good and bad reviews of the bbw forum from people and wondered:
what you enviaged this place would be like before it actually opened?
Is it better or worse than you expected?
Do you feel comfortable here?
What changes you would like to see happen personally to make this forum better?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hoped and feel it is a place where women can come together and talk about their issues.Whether that be something that has to do with being a big woman in a world that marginalizes us for being so or just to talk about the issues that arise from just being a woman. I do feel comfortable here and the forum has met my expectations.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
mergirl

mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!mergirl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffie View Post
I hoped and feel it is a place where women can come together and talk about their issues.Whether that be something that has to do with being a big woman in a world that marginalizes us for being so or just to talk about the issues that arise from just being a woman. I do feel comfortable here and the forum has met my expectations.
Thats wonderful!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 AM   #4
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I agree, I love this forum and outside of playing in the Lounge and a few other posts, I come here exclusively. I like being able to encourage other women here and the support I have received is tremendous. I am thankful for all of the ladies in the BBW forum and if I haven't thanked you, I thank you all for being the wonderful women you are!
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

I also love the bbw forum. I enjoy the sense of camaraderie that it creates amongst the ladies here, that I don't feel IRL. This is a place to give support, and know that if you need it yourself, you will be supported by a fantastic group of girls.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was hoping it'd bringing the women together more but I still see quite a bit of a divide. I 'connect' more with girls on the fashion board, in PM, etc. than I do here. I think part of it has to do with an age divide. jmo.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl08 View Post
I was hoping it'd bringing the women together more but I still see quite a bit of a divide. I 'connect' more with girls on the fashion board, in PM, etc. than I do here. I think part of it has to do with an age divide. jmo.
I think this is a very good point, you make. I am guilty of this and I am going to try to improve. Thanks for pointing this out.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steely View Post
I think this is a very good point, you make. I am guilty of this and I am going to try to improve. Thanks for pointing this out.
Mhm :] I think it'd benefit all of us!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yeah, I have spotted that too. But I think we all have so much to offer, regardless of our ages.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
Yeah, I have spotted that too. But I think we all have so much to offer, regardless of our ages.
Yes! Exactly :]
Old 01-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think that this forum is mostly operating as it was proposed. I have said it before but, I see that it wants to creep more to the side of becoming for all women...no matter their size. That, to me, will reduce this forum in ways we will not see on other ' protected ' forums. To me, threads started wanting to discuss having children ( for example ), is not an issue that is really a bbw issue, unless ones size makes it so.

If people want to discuss issues that any woman can/does experience, I would hope they not bring it to the....BBW....forum. Again, what's the point going to become...having a place for bbw.

Also, I have seen way too many posts from men ( along with the non-bbw women ), when a bbw has asked they not comment.

I do see a lot of good that has come from having this....bbw....forum. It is good that it's here. It was very needed.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #12
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
I think that this forum is mostly operating as it was proposed. I have said it before but, I see that it wants to creep more to the side of becoming for all women...no matter their size. That, to me, will reduce this forum in ways we will not see on other ' protected ' forums. To me, threads started wanting to discuss having children ( for example ), is not an issue that is really a bbw issue, unless ones size makes it so.

If people want to discuss issues that any woman can/does experience, I would hope they not bring it to the....BBW....forum. Again, what's the point going to become...having a place for bbw.
I've noticed this too & feel similarly about it. It seems a good majority of the thread apply to all women, not just BBW.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 AM   #13
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

This forum has kind of ended up like I thought it would...I imagined there would be a few good threads and the rest would be fluff..

There are a few subjects I would like to discuss but not outside of a private board and not where men can read and comment about them...Not a prude just somethings a man can not talk about..

I agree about the age division and like I have said,some days I feel way to old for this forum and this site..It is nothing against the younger women that post here it is my feelings on the subject..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #14
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
This forum has kind of ended up like I thought it would...I imagined there would be a few good threads and the rest would be fluff..

There are a few subjects I would like to discuss but not outside of a private board and not where men can read and comment about them...Not a prude just somethings a man can not talk about..

I agree about the age division and like I have said,some days I feel way to old for this forum and this site..It is nothing against the younger women that post here it is my feelings on the subject..
Sometimes I feel that I'm too young for this site. Age divisions/conflict all around apparently.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
This forum has kind of ended up like I thought it would...I imagined there would be a few good threads and the rest would be fluff.
Personally, I think a bit of fluff is needed. Yes, we are BBWs with BBW issues that need to be discussed seriously. Still, we are people with every day interests that have nothing to do with being BBWs. Just because BBW-dome has brought us here doesn't mean it is the sole reason we exist. There are vast and various other parts to us as human beings. Whether those parts are just random bits of fluff or hard-core serious topics they are a part of who we are just as much as being Big Beautiful Women.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #16
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm enjoying it but I think I'd post more if it were truly for women (preferably BBW's) only. Not that I don't like men -- married two of them, gave birth to a third -- but I kinda figured this place would be more by women, for women, about women. For the most part the menfolk have been respectful, and I appreciate that. But their presence makes me feel less "safe", not that any place is safe on the web.

Other than that, I'm enjoying reading about the lives of the amazing women who frequent this place. I'm often touched, and always inspired by what I read.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I've noticed this too & feel similarly about it. It seems a good majority of the thread apply to all women, not just BBW.
If it becomes for all women...officially...then it will just push bbw back...again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post
Personally, I think a bit of fluff is needed. Yes, we are BBWs with BBW issues that need to be discussed seriously. Still, we are people with every day interests that have nothing to do with being BBWs. Just because BBW-dome has brought us here doesn't mean it is the sole reason we exist. There are vast and various other parts to us as human beings. Whether those parts are just random bits of fluff or hard-core serious topics they are a part of who we are just as much as being Big Beautiful Women.
Yeah. As long as this place does not become another ' lounge ', then it is natural that we have things like the confessions thread, and the thread for natural or synthetic fibers (). There is still a lot of meat, and as long as it is remembered that this is the bbw forum, this place has a chance to survive, longterm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
...(preferably BBW's)
Since that is the description of this forum...says so right on the front page...what was proposed and agreed on.
---
Nothing against women who are not fat, but, there are oooooooodles of places on the internet for them to go and talk about oooooooodles of subjects pertaining to women in general. I get the desire to chat amongst those who share a gender, but, this is a ' fat site '...the one of two halves who supposedly make this place possible...have a space...so let's keep it by fat women...for fat women...about fat women.

It works this way...it makes sense this way. Carry on, my fat comrades.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
If it becomes for all women...officially...then it will just push bbw back...again.

Yeah. As long as this place does not become another ' lounge ', then it is natural that we have things like the confessions thread, and the thread for natural or synthetic fibers (). There is still a lot of meat, and as long as it is remembered that this is the bbw forum, this place has a chance to survive, longterm.

Since that is the description of this forum...says so right on the front page...what was proposed and agreed on.
---
Nothing against women who are not fat, but, there are oooooooodles of places on the internet for them to go and talk about oooooooodles of subjects pertaining to women in general. I get the desire to chat amongst those who share a gender, but, this is a ' fat site '...the one of two halves who supposedly make this place possible...have a space...so let's keep it by fat women...for fat women...about fat women.

It works this way...it makes sense this way. Carry on, my fat comrades.

The forum is relatively new, and it will take time for the fat women for whom it was created to feel trust to discuss sensitive issues appertaining to fat women. One of the issues that may be debated here is the that there are some aspects of being a fat woman that other women cannot relate to or comment upon. I hate to see this forum become predictable and safe.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #19
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm actually amazed by the amount of posts by men here. I know they aren't forbidden or anything, but I am surprised by the number of posts. Oddly, the BBW board is the one place I have ever been publicly attacked and it was by a man, and what I had posted was a very female topic, so I was pretty blown away by that.

I do think it's an important board to have though, although I haven't really been participating much on any form lately just because I don't really have much to say.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I'm actually amazed by the amount of posts by men here. I know they aren't forbidden or anything, but I am surprised by the number of posts. Oddly, the BBW board is the one place I have ever been publicly attacked and it was by a man, and what I had posted was a very female topic, so I was pretty blown away by that.

I do think it's an important board to have though, although I haven't really been participating much on any form lately just because I don't really have much to say.
This part is as a mod:

What thread was that? I don't know about Tina and Butch, but I personally don't read every thread, either because I don't have time or because I'm not all that interested in the topic, so if something happens I might not see it. Please report any post that you think violates the rules of the board so we can investigate it.

/mod

As a poster who happens to be a mod (I know it's weird descriptor but bear with me. This is also directed at everyone. I'm just using your post as a jumping off point here):

I personally feel that this board is great. I like how supportive all the women here are of each other, and it probably sounds cheesy to say but, there are times when all that support affirms my faith in humanity. We get knocked around so much as (fat) women that it seems odd that we all aren't tucked away in a hole somewhere clutching a well worn teddy bear and waiting for the world to just end already. So support = awesome.

It should feel like a safe place to post bbw issues, tho I do understand that because the board is not private there will be issues a lot of women, myself included would not feel comfortable discussing in public. It would feel safer if it were a private board. Unfortunately, for now tho a private board isn't possible.

I don't mind that non-bbws post here if what they have to say is positive, respectful and supportive. Given all the negative crap out there and all the negative experiences we may have had with men and thin women whether in our real lives or on other parts of the forums, it really is nice to see them coming here to offer up some kind, respectful and supportive thoughts. To my mind that's not a bad thing at all, and I could use all the nice stuff I can get. LOL They probably learn a thing or two about our experiences as fat people, which might inform their own thinking about fatness and their relationship to it. To me that's not a bad thing.

The other thing I think about tho is how to define "bbw." If someone I might not think is a bbw thinks they are a bbw then who am I to argue. That whole question about where fatness starts is just - it kinda blows my mind. If a thin woman can still identify with, sympathize, or empathize with any of the things much bigger women go thru and they can offer up support then I wouldn't want to begrudge them that. If they question something in an attempt to understand what we go thru, I wouldn't want to begruge them that either. As long as we're all supporting each other somehow that's a good thing in my book.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #21
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwen View Post
This part is as a mod:

What thread was that? I don't know about Tina and Butch, but I personally don't read every thread, either because I don't have time or because I'm not all that interested in the topic, so if something happens I might not see it. Please report any post that you think violates the rules of the board so we can investigate it.

/mod

As a poster who happens to be a mod (I know it's weird descriptor but bear with me. This is also directed at everyone. I'm just using your post as a jumping off point here):

I personally feel that this board is great. I like how supportive all the women here are of each other, and it probably sounds cheesy to say but, there are times when all that support affirms my faith in humanity. We get knocked around so much as (fat) women that it seems odd that we all aren't tucked away in a hole somewhere clutching a well worn teddy bear and waiting for the world to just end already. So support = awesome.

It should feel like a safe place to post bbw issues, tho I do understand that because the board is not private there will be issues a lot of women, myself included would not feel comfortable discussing in public. It would feel safer if it were a private board. Unfortunately, for now tho a private board isn't possible.

I don't mind that non-bbws post here if what they have to say is positive, respectful and supportive. Given all the negative crap out there and all the negative experiences we may have had with men and thin women whether in our real lives or on other parts of the forums, it really is nice to see them coming here to offer up some kind, respectful and supportive thoughts. To my mind that's not a bad thing at all, and I could use all the nice stuff I can get. LOL They probably learn a thing or two about our experiences as fat people, which might inform their own thinking about fatness and their relationship to it. To me that's not a bad thing.

The other thing I think about tho is how to define "bbw." If someone I might not think is a bbw thinks they are a bbw then who am I to argue. That whole question about where fatness starts is just - it kinda blows my mind. If a thin woman can still identify with, sympathize, or empathize with any of the things much bigger women go thru and they can offer up support then I wouldn't want to begrudge them that. If they question something in an attempt to understand what we go thru, I wouldn't want to begruge them that either. As long as we're all supporting each other somehow that's a good thing in my book.
The issue was actually taken care of, it just blew me away that of all places that it would happen, it would be here.

And I agree with everything else you said
Old 01-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #22
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
The issue was actually taken care of, it just blew me away that of all places that it would happen, it would be here.

And I agree with everything else you said
Oh, well that's good then. Cool.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #23
mossystate

It is not so much a non-bbw woman just posting ( within reason, and in a way that fits the discussion and tone......and if women of any size are welcome, and men are not...then a general ' womans board ' would not really fit the site, imo...nor would it fit what was agreed on...etc..blahblah)...it is more hoping I don't see more threads about general woman issues. No point in having the bbw forum, if that becomes more of an issue. Eh, I would just see it as one more way bbw under a certain weight, would once again, be left in the dust. Guess we shall see.

Last edited by mossystate; 01-17-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #24
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

only women allowed. none under a certain weight, and none over a certain weight. private?
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
olwen
Disco Bear

Quote:
It is not so much a non-bbw woman just posting ( within reason, and in a way that fits the discussion and tone......and if women of any size are welcome, and men are not...then a general ' womans board ' would not really fit the site, imo...nor would it fit what was agreed on...etc..blahblah)...it is more hoping I don't see more threads about general woman issues. No point in having the bbw forum, if that becomes more of an issue. Eh, I would just see it as one more way bbw under a certain weight, would once again, be left in the dust. Guess we shall see.
A lot of women on these boards have said something along the lines of "I am a woman who happens to be fat." To not discuss general women's issues would be to marginalize us even more. It would be difficult to talk about being fat women without the women part. It just makes sense that we would all want to talk about general women's issues from time to time, and it wouldn't be at all practical or possible to ask your fellow posters to not talk about issues that all women go thru. Why should there be one without the other?

Men are allowed to post as long as what they have to say is positive, respectful and supportive. As I said above, I think supportive posts are good no matter who they come from.