Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 02-16-2010, 07:35 AM   #1
Cookiesaregood

Cookiesaregood has said some nice things
Default Question about my belly

A coworker of mine recently referred to my belly as being flabby. This didn't bother me though it made me realize that i definately don't have a flat stomach. What would you call my belly? Would you say i have starter belly, just untoned and flabby, chubby, fat, or anything else.? Any comments welcome.
thanks,
Cookiesaregood
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02785.JPG (20.0 KB, 4229 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02811.JPG (70.2 KB, 4196 views)
Cookiesaregood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
shadowmaker87

shadowmaker87 can now change their title
Question belly

r u a male or female , so i wont get the wrong idea if u kno what i mean?
shadowmaker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Gender is not relevant to the question. The poster asked for an assessment of belleh size.

Cookiesaregood, I'd say that you have belly fat, but I wouldn't necessarily say you are fat. Untoned or average would be a good term for that size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
Cookiesaregood

I'm female just for clarifacation.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

You're definitely not fat. I'm agreeing with Fuzzy here.

How much do you weigh?
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
shadowmaker87

shadowmaker87 can now change their title
Cool belly

well ur belly looks good!
shadowmaker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
lifelongpassion

lifelongpassion can now change their title

chubby belly or starter belly, either one applies. You certainly wouldn't be considered fat, and I consider flabby to be when one has soft fat that jiggles a lot.
lifelongpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

It depends on context, but my opinion you're not flabby. The word's a bit overused. I'd say you're on the thin side of chubby, but I'm just telling you what I think ya wanna hear You're still well within the realm of average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Necromancer View Post
Gender is not relevant to the question. The poster asked for an assessment of belleh size.
...*SNIP*
While, perhaps, not directly relevant, it's huge faux pas to post an attractive pic like that without a gender. You end up leaving a lot of people feeling a bit conflicted.

Last edited by Totmacher; 02-18-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: honesty
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #9
Cookiesaregood

As of today my weight was 129 and I'm 5'3 so the answer to me being fat was a no brainer and unneccessary in the question. My highest weight ever was 146 which BMI wise puts me at being slightly overweight. But now I never get past 132 and the lowest ive been is 125.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nice starter belly very cute!
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #11
DreamyInToronto
ME WANT COOKIES!!!!

DreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized rep

I would say very small chubby belly. No flab at all! so cute and I wanna squeeze it!! hehe
Old 02-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #12
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

It's a fascinating question --you asked "What would you call my belly?"-- that frames many of the issues for this community and for anyone wanting to speak meaningfully about size acceptance.

1) Context:
Any relative value judgment such as "you are big" or "you are loud" or "I am smart" is only meaningful when framed in some sort of context to explain what the objective measurement is. I have talked to women online who think they're "big" or even "bbw" when they weigh 150 pounds, which excuse my temerity, seems pretty small by almost any standard. Perhaps in the Irish potato famine you could call a woman weighing 150 pounds big: because maybe everyone else is smaller.

Another way of putting context is to say "what do you mean by the term": what IS fat or chubby? Context comes from a lot of places. If you're hanging around athletes in training, you'll hear an entirely different standard of what's normal than for example, high school kids, or middle-aged adults....or a specialized online community like Dimensions.

2) gender:
Should gender matter? ideally perhaps not, but in practice it's been a very edgy part of the context. I work in a place (another context btw) where the men seem to be able to be just about any size, so long as they wear a tie. I'd like to think the rules are the same for women, but I have seen evidence that there's a double standard. I sense that women are expected to dress up in a way that's not expected of the men. Note, these aren't actual rules that the police will arrest you for, they're just loose ideas floating in the air, that might never be discussed. But if you feel it and see it, even infrequently, it's real.

Also, I believe the person in this thread who asked about gender may have been concerned about giving offense, because I sense that men are able to be more laid-back about the criticism, as a result of the double standard I mentioned. I don't mean to criticize the women (ha see, i am being ultra careful... as any man who's been verbally pounded into mincemeat in the chatroom tends to be careful). For whatever reason --optics? a kind of political correctness?-- men aren't as likely to get upset, in my experience.

(NOTE: okay call me wrong if you like. But you can't say i am wrong about my experience. My experience --sad as it is -- is mine, and well haha you wouldn't want it....)

3) texture
Hello! "flabby" is an adjective that is highly subjective, don't you think? whether we're talking about big or small, i believe there are a lot of different ways that a person's belly can be built, how the flesh can jiggle, hang etc. And to make it more complicated, what's complimentary to one person (eg a feedee) might be anathema to someone else (eg someone seeking to lose weight).

And --unrelated to anything else--after all this talk about value judgments that sound like an attempt to undermine emotion and reduce everything to science, i emphatically agree that cookies are good. Even the nastiest tasting cookie is the product of an effort that usually has more to do with love and kindness, TLC, nurturing, than some precise need to get vitamins and proteins.

Even doggie cookies.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
Cookiesaregood

Thank you for your input. Right now I'm in the process of deciding if I want to gain. I'm not sure if I will, though food is so good!!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #14
tjw1971

tjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Imho ....

You would look great if you did decide to go ahead and gain a bit...

The type of belly you have in those pics is what I consider kind of a "starter belly" ... not flat, but looks like a "work in progress" to me. (I guess that could honestly go either way ... If you were doing a bunch of cardio and/or dieting, I'd say you're on the way to the flat stomach you're trying to achieve. But given my preference for women to have a respectable "belly pooch" at the least - I'd mean the opposite here.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesaregood View Post
Thank you for your input. Right now I'm in the process of deciding if I want to gain. I'm not sure if I will, though food is so good!!
tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #15
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Enjoy food and let your body decide for you. That's probably the simplest way.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #16
GTAFA

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed
Default another option

Quote:
I never hear much talk about any third (or fourth or fifth) options, beyond gain or lose. But there are other options.

For instance, what if you decide you're going to stay at the same weight but enjoy yourself a bit, eating more and burning the calories? i submit that this is likely much healthier, too, than simply gaining. What if you see if you can balance your intake with your exercise? crazy --and radical-- talk i suppose, but really, i think you should be asking yourself what your goals are.

Is it about the gain, or it is about the enjoyment of food? it can be both I suppose.

I love to eat and do sometimes gain weight. I am a pure hedonist who not only enjoys himself eating, but --crazy radical thought --enjoys himself exercising. I don't workout and have pain. I walk a lot. I swim. I use an elliptical trainer (at my gym) and have a treadmill at home, which I get on while watching TV (i watched a lot of the olympic events from there). If exercise if painful it's probably not healthy: same incidentally as dieting. I think there's a good reason that eating feels good, but stuffing yourself can feel unpleasant. The trick is --for me at least-- is finding a middle path.

And what if eating is simply for the pleasure of the food, irrespective of weight gain or loss? While i appreciate the beauty of a SSBBW as much as the next FA, to be always looking at calories and weight gain, is like being a composer and always thinking about how many albums you're gonna sell. Sometimes it's just about the beauty of the song, and if other people don't like it, that's their choice.

I recognize that this post probably reads like a lot of nonsense to some people.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

Well, you say you're 5'3" and 129lbs?

Your belly looks like the ones I see sported by many of the girls at the mall or anywhere else they go during their days.

I wouldn't call you flabby, you just have a really nice "tummy" is all. It's also your body and your choice to gain or lose weight but I like your pics quite a bit.

Best to you

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #18
marlowegarp
I wanna meet that dad

marlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging inmarlowegarp makes people happy simply by logging in

"Soft" is the word I'd use.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #19
Cookiesaregood

I'm sort of confused what flabby is, I always thought of it as being another term for fat.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #20
spaced21

spaced21 has said some nice things

Quote:
I'm sort of confused what flabby is, I always thought of it as being another term for fat.
i'd say its more of a term used when u dont have much tone but aren't really overweight either.
spaced21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #21
PinkRodery
Rabid Squirrel

PinkRodery does more than just post hot picsPinkRodery does more than just post hot picsPinkRodery does more than just post hot pics

Cuuute is what I think you are. But to answer your question, I think you're chubby. And not very chubby either. You're just a little softer than average.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #22
Cookiesaregood

thanks PinkRodery,
On a side note, I think my belly and weight might be slowly growing. For example, pretty much I've been hovering around 125-128 with the exception of the holiday season which I weighed 132 right after christmas (and quickly went back down to normal range.) but lately i rarely get below 130, and yesterday when I weighed myself i was at 132 which is the heaviest I've been in a long time.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #23
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fuckin' bellies, how do they work?
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #24
Scorsese86
Likeable conservative

Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Scorsese86 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
Another one of life's many mysteries.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #25
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorsese86 View Post
Another one of life's many mysteries.
I'm dyinggg.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote