Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 PM   #1
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Mommy, hold my hand.

Is it me or is anyone else completely confused by this new format? Guess I'm on the learning curve.

And not to appear to be an ingrate but can we liven up the color scheme?
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #2
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Is it me or is anyone else completely confused by this new format? Guess I'm on the learning curve.

And not to appear to be an ingrate but can we liven up the color scheme?
Any new system takes some getting used to, so yes, there is a learning curve. As for colors and such, I wanted something that isn't overwhelming. I checked out a number of themes, and picked this one because it is quick and minimal. However, I also have a couple of other themes installed and may make them available as well (as a user-selectable option).
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thank you and a few more ideas:

Edit post option after the message has been sent to the masses.

Can the image be 20k instead of 19.5 kb?

thanks
Old 09-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #4
conradb212

conradb212 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Edit post option after the message has been sent to the masses.
Can the image be 20k instead of 19.5 kb?
Users should be able to edit their posts. That option is turned on. As for avatars, they can't be larger than 80x80 pixels. Apparently there is a 19.5 or 20k file size limit. I need to go see where it is.
conradb212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Checkin' My Avatar

Ooo my swanky new Cuenca Panama... photo courtesy Dr. Acula!
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:29 PM   #6
Missy9579
Formerly BigCutieViolet!

Missy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging in

I am very confused as well,,,,,Im not very computer savy,,,and change scares me! Im sure in time I will master this, well I hope to, but for now, im slow learning!
Missy9579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
MissToodles
dead peasant

I love the editing tab. hurray for editing, as you know haste makes waste especially in the realm of English langauge.

Last edited by MissToodles; 09-29-2005 at 03:02 PM. Reason: syntax
Old 09-29-2005, 03:07 PM   #8
GPL

GPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized repGPL has super-sized rep

I'm also confused by this new board. I don't like it and the text is so small!!
Can't it be a little bigger, so it is easier to read??

GPL.
GPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:54 PM   #9
Geepy
On Timeout

Geepy has said some nice things
Default Checking Out the New Board- Looks Great So far!

Wow! I just got through looking around the new board and so far so good.
I like seeing the hits on each post and all the options available.
It will take some geting used to, but I'm sure this new board will serve
everyones needs for a long time to come.
Geepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #10
Egbert Souse
South America, probably.

Egbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going on
Exclamation

[QUOTE=Geepy]Wow!

Testing, testing........
Did i just agree not to be vulgar?

I think i can get used to the software.
Egbert Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:33 PM   #11
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Talking

I am THRILLED to be here, and look forward to transitioning over to something that's more useful and resource sensitive for Mr. B.

I'm still putting all my bells and whistles in place... but so far, so good!

Thank you so much, Conrad, for taking the time to invest in this upgrade. I hope it works out all around for you.

*AnnMarie without a signature yet*
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I just love the new boards. I belong to other boards, and these are very similar, it makes it so personal for the poster, Thanks for putting all the work and effort into it.
wtchmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #13
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPL
I'm also confused by this new board. I don't like it and the text is so small!! Can't it be a little bigger, so it is easier to read??
The text is a bit small. I may be able to increase it by a point or so if I figure out where to make that change. Overall, I think the thing is really just a few tweaks and settings away from being pretty good.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:49 PM   #14
Egbert Souse
South America, probably.

Egbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going onEgbert Souse knows EXACTLY what's going on

Good work, Chief!
The possibilities seem limitless.

And it is fun !
Egbert Souse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:37 PM   #15
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
The text is a bit small. I may be able to increase it by a point or so if I figure out where to make that change. Overall, I think the thing is really just a few tweaks and settings away from being pretty good.

The text is great for me... people can always adjust the text size by using the option in their browsers settings (most now have a simple drop menu option to increase or decrease).

Thanks again, Conrad.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:25 PM   #16
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

HAIL TO THE CHIEF!!!

The new boards look great, Conrad.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:02 PM   #17
MissToodles
dead peasant

Default Avatar help

I thought my lj icons would be small enough. All I can attach is a profile picture. I want a neat avatar.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:38 PM   #18
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Me likie.

I like the new format! Thanks for the switch.

That being said, it is pretty darn sluggish right now. Any one else having troubles with the time to load pages?

Oh, also, don't bother to change the font size. It's easy enough to change, as AM said, within the browser for each individual user.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #19
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat

That being said, it is pretty darn sluggish right now. Any one else having troubles with the time to load pages?

Oh, also, don't bother to change the font size. It's easy enough to change, as AM said, within the browser for each individual user.

yay, Cat is here!

I've had a couple of sluggish times (first loading was PAINFULLY slow), but it's pretty much ok now. I think he's probably still tinkering, so I was chalking up some of the lag to that? Dunno for sure.

Old 09-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #20
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat

I am accessing it from home right now, and at least on my Linux machine it is fast. Dimensions is totally bandwidth-limited. When I access the sites inside the building everything is virtually instantaneous. My hope is that this SQL-based forum will lessen the load considerably. It's possible that your machine first needs to download all the many little graphics and such, and then it gets faster.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #21
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
I am accessing it from home right now, and at least on my Linux machine it is fast. Dimensions is totally bandwidth-limited. When I access the sites inside the building everything is virtually instantaneous. My hope is that this SQL-based forum will lessen the load considerably. It's possible that your machine first needs to download all the many little graphics and such, and then it gets faster.
This seems to be correct in my case. Earlier today it was painfully slow, now it is loading way faster and smoother without lagging. So I think people just have to get their machines to get the graphics stored etc for the little add-on tidbits like smileys etc.
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #22
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Strangly enough, dimensions online in general has alwasy been a slow website for me. I have a cable modem so i'm not sure what's up with it, it's just always been the slowest place I frequent. So, no biggie, i'm used to it.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:02 PM   #23
HeatherBBW
Nerd-like.

HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!HeatherBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtchmel
Strangly enough, dimensions online in general has alwasy been a slow website for me. I have a cable modem so i'm not sure what's up with it, it's just always been the slowest place I frequent. So, no biggie, i'm used to it.
Definitely give the board a chance to catch itself up, I have a cable modem too and it was slow for me earlier, but after much posting and visting today it is working just fine So hang tight.
HeatherBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 AM   #24
Aliena

Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Red face

Mr. Webmaster, I really, really, love this format!! I do have one question though, is there a chance that you will be able to increase the size load for the avitars? I had to resize my pic several times to make it fit, but eventually gave up because it wouldn't or didn't look right. I did finally just link to a free webhost.

No biggie, I know your rather busy, but was just wondering.
Aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:47 AM   #25
AJ!
Part man. Part fruit.

AJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized repAJ! has super-sized rep
Default Been meaning to return to this place forever...

... and I suppose now is as good a time as any!

For anybody who still remembers me, I'm sorry I've been away for so long. It's all been for a good cause (see profile) but I've been missing my fat girls something fierce! Anyway, since this would appear to be the unofficial "Help!" thread...

I really, really, really loved the aspect of the old boards that allowed you to see threaded listings of everything on the entire bulletin board all at once, with nice little notations as to which posts were new since your last visit. It allowed you to save time by scanning the page looking for new posts, clicking upon those with interesting titles or by people whose writing you enjoyed. Er... is there any way my control panels can cause the page to be configured like that?

Also, I used to enjoy saving the occasional post as a web document but it doesn't seem as if this new board offers that option. With the threaded configuration, there is not a unique URL for each individual post, thereby making it unlikely that individual posts can be saved. With the linear configuration, it looks as though you may be able to save the entire page but not individual posts. Again... is there perhaps an option or setting that I'm missing?

Okay, as you were, everyone. Thanks for letting my speak my peace and I look forward to seeing many of my old Dimensions friends again! Oh, and Conrad, thanks as always for giving us a place to call home!

Last edited by AJ!; 09-30-2005 at 01:25 AM.
AJ! is offline   Reply With Quote