Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 05-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Thumbs up Steak Tips!!

As many of you know (and possibly a few from the brutal reality of personal experience) I'm a terrible cook. I have a few things I can make pretty well and pretty much stick with what I know. A few weeks ago while doing my grocery shopping I noticed that steak tips were on sale. Well, not exactly. The family pack version was on sale, hence it only cost a few more dollars than the regular packaged size.

I bought one of the family packs, took it home and doused two of the tips in taco seasoning. They were sooooo nummy. I ran back to the supermarket and bought two more family packs. I'm ready to separated them into ziplock bags for freezer storage and I'm looking for some new ideas. Some will obviously get the taco treatment before being frozen but I was wondering if anyone else had any special rubs for steak tips that they would like to share before I seal them up and pack them in the freezer?

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #2
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Borner's Fiesta brand seasonings and rubs are great . I highly recommend the the steak seasoning and the pork rub (not necessarily on beef. )
ScreamingChicken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lilly, if I give you an easy recipe using beef tips but it's not a rub for the freezer bag, will you roll your eyes and be all: that's not what I asked! (which, btw, is EXACTLY what I would do, so I wouldn't be mad)?
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

No Jes. I wouldn't know the difference anyway.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #5
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ok. b/c this is a nice stroganoff recipe. It's a creamy, hearty dish and tastes good reheated b/c it's stew-like.

Beef stroganoff with dill and sour cream.
INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef or beef tips, cut into small pieces or thin strips
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup chopped onion, about 1 large onion
4 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups beef broth or bouillon
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon dried dillweed

here's the link (with prep. tips)
http://southernfood.about.com/od/bee...r/bl30129f.htm

You can make this very easily--get a can of sliced mushrooms, etc. etc.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's not a rub but perhaps you can make some fajitas with the tips?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fajitas are easier to chew and digest when done in strips with flank or skirt steak. I'd save the tips for just that, tips
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I LOVE steak tips. YUM.