Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Favorite GLBTQ Songs

I was just listening to Men In Love by Gossip and thought this might be a fun thread.

Post your favorite GLBTQ related songs, could be romantic could be inspirational of could be something that's just fun and makes you dance!
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #2
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

The first song that comes to mind is Bronski Beat's "Smalltown Boy", about a young gay man who leaves home. The video is amazing. This was a very meaningful and powerful song for me when I was 15.
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
DreamyInToronto
ME WANT COOKIES!!!!

DreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized rep

My favourite is "This Charming Man" by The Smiths.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
Geektastic1

Geektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot picsGeektastic1 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyInToronto View Post
Oh, good one! The Smiths wrote a lot of fantastic gay songs. One of my favorites is "I Want the One I Can't Have".
Geektastic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
kamandi

kamandi has said some nice things

"I Want to Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something I know you'll understand...

It's such a feeling that my love / I can't hide...
kamandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektastic1 View Post
The first song that comes to mind is Bronski Beat's "Smalltown Boy", about a young gay man who leaves home. The video is amazing. This was a very meaningful and powerful song for me when I was 15.
That is a awesome one I was listening to that just last week, really struck a cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyInToronto View Post
I never thought about the lyrics of that till now, cool ^.^ ... I need to get some smiths cds I'm clueless about this band.

Some other favorites...

Ready for the Floor - Hot Chip, fun song, makes me wanna dance, I know the line "You're my number one guy" is from Batman but It still fits into the story of the song

Swing Low - Gossip, Absolutely love this song It was the first gossip song I got into.

Michael - Franz Ferdinand, Love this one too, there are a couple of versions of the song one has more saucy lyrics

Born a Girl - Manic Street Preachers, Great song supposedly about Ed Gein, though on I always took it to be about a transsexual... but then again I don't pretend to understand any Manic Street Preachers songs really
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It might be a little obscure, but has anyone ever heard of Kitchens of Distinction? Other than Lola by the Kinks, I had never heard the subject raised in music this way until I heard Pride.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 AM   #8
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamandi View Post
"I Want to Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something I know you'll understand...

It's such a feeling that my love / I can't hide...
I liked the way they used this song in Across the Universe to convey Prudence's feelings toward her fellow cheerleader.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
odd-socks
No longer a User

odd-socks can now change their title

OOO The first one that comes to mind is by Jill Sobule - I kissed a girl, particularly the lyrics
"And we laughed at the world, they can have threir diamonds and we'll have our pearls..."
odd-socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
kamandi

kamandi has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2beme04 View Post
I liked the way they used this song in Across the Universe to convey Prudence's feelings toward her fellow cheerleader.
I haven't seen "Across the Universe" yet, so I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of it!
kamandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #11
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's.. not really GLBTQ.. but Pink Triangle by weezer is always good.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #12
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

The only one I can think of is "Shane and Jane."
Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

I know neither of these are actually GLBTQ songs... but I tend to identify with them a lot in regard to being trans.

Tomorrow - Avril Lavigne
The Tower - Vienna Teng

That second one especially, I feel like it really describes me. Except for the part where it's about a prostitute.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divals View Post
Except for the part where it's about a prostitute.
Ha ha yeah wutevahhhhh

Um...I like Mika's Billy Brown..that's prett gay although, if i remember rightly, he ends up with a girl in the end. Or "Genius" by the Murmurs...they're a gay band more than it's a gay song, but they're women...singing about a woman so..! It describes the first girl i ever dated perfectly: "She's kinda freaky, she's kinda weird, she's kinda freaky, but I don't know, I think she's a genius." *wistful sigh*
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:20 PM   #15
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

mecano: mujer contra mujer

gotta love those 80's videos.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismiss View Post
It's.. not really GLBTQ.. but Pink Triangle by weezer is always good.
Love you...
weezer is the shizzzzittttt
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #17
Cyndiana

Cyndiana has said some nice things

I'm a LOGO channel whore, and they play mucho GLBTQ songs, so it's hard to narrow it down, but I'm a huge Tom Goss fan, and his song/video (look it up on youtube!) for "In the End" is awesome, one of my favorites. ^.^
Cyndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #18
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am not gay/bi - but I really, really, really love Jay Brannan. I think it's awesome that he sings what he's feeling. He's so real. He's so beautiful Housewife, I have his CD and I'd love to see him in concert.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 AM   #19
george83
DADDY IN A DRESS

george83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging ingeorge83 makes people happy simply by logging in

I've always liked King for a day by Green Day that's got to be my fave
Old 05-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #20
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I am not gay/bi - but I really, really, really love Jay Brannan. I think it's awesome that he sings what he's feeling. He's so real. He's so beautiful Housewife, I have his CD and I'd love to see him in concert.
I absolutely love this!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #21
BigCutieClaudia

BigCutieClaudia can now change their title

Lick it by Goddess and She HOOOOO!
BigCutieClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #22
Cyndiana

Cyndiana has said some nice things

I LOVE God-des and She!!!
Cyndiana is offline   Reply With Quote