Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default your favorite omelette?

Right now, mine is sliced green olives and cream cheese. The olives give it a salty tang, which contrasts nicely with the richness of the cream cheese. What do you like in your omelette?
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

sauteed onion, mushrooms, and spinach (mostly till its all just a bit wilted but not caramelized or anything) with some melty cheese (mozz, chedder, jack, or muenster).

Oh and the eggs have to be well peppered (black)

On a similar note I don't know if I have mentioned this here already but I have found a new ingredient for scrambled eggs that makes them so fluffy and melt in your mouth good, a 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, thanks to recipezaar!
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #3
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Onions, mushrooms, and some grated sharp Cheddar.

Nom nom nom . . .

- Jim
Old 03-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Onion, mushroom, broccoli and cheddar cheese

or

Onion, mushroom spinach and feta cheese
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I make omelettes often for breakfast...love them

My favorite is the California style....monterey jack cheese, avacado, tomatoes, and crispy bacon. (and all my breakfast egg dishes MUST have Tabasco added)

I also love carmelized onion, fresh mushroom and sharp cheddar cheese omelettes as well

I just love omelettes period! hahahaha...

Last edited by fat9276; 03-17-2010 at 05:29 PM.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mmmm, omelettes....

Sun dried tomatoes, fried mushroom, crispy bacon, finely sliced green onions and vintage cheddar. YUM!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
Neen
Free Spirit

Neen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

3 cheese blend, onions, tomatoes, feta, bacon!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
deanbpm

deanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this board

Mature chedder and carmelized onion.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #9
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Childhood favorite... just cottage cheese, with most of the whey strained out using a cheesecloth. Tabasco on the side.

Usual omelette... diced ham, sharp cheddar, with a little pancake batter added (hat tip: IHOP)
Old 03-21-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

feta, onions, green peppers!

MUSHROOMS

Do I have room for spinach?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ham
Monterey Jack (or colby cheese)
Bell Pepper
Mushrooms
Onion

Lovely stuff... must be served with a big side of salsa
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #12
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm always up for trying omelette variations. Those that turn out good make it into my repertoire. Like the tomatoes/feta/olives version, or mortadella/mozzarella. But my 'classical' omelette for years comes with tomatoes, bell pepper, Italian salami (like cacciatore), freshly grated Emmental and Parmesan cheese
Old 03-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #13
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fresh spinach, sunflower seeds, and swiss cheese.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #14
NYCGabriel
On Timeout

NYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticed

I actually bought a jar of Planter's Roasted Sunflower seeds last night. In an omelette?? That actually sounds good and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE raw spinach! I gotta try that out later on.
NYCGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #15
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGabriel View Post
I actually bought a jar of Planter's Roasted Sunflower seeds last night. In an omelette?? That actually sounds good and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE raw spinach! I gotta try that out later on.
Just a small handful - enough to add a bit of a crunchy texture. I hadn't thought of adding sunflower seeds either, until one of my favorite breakfast dives offered this omelette. To make it extra yummy, I toast the seeds in a small bit of hot oil before adding them.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #16
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sausage links sliced up, green peppers, the sharpest cheddar I can get, sour cream on top - and a fresh from the Oven Grands biscuit on the side.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
ChubbyBubbles
Luke's Mommy

ChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions community

hands down a true feta and spinach greek omelette
:happy:
*Coincidence is when God chooses to remain annonymous*
ChubbyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #18
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBubbles View Post
hands down a true feta and spinach greek omelette
Good choice!

I go a little over the top with my version.

Fresh chopped dill in the egg mixture (two whites and a whole egg). Spinach, feta, and chopped kalamata olive on the inside. Top with diced tomato and Tzatziki sauce.

Yummy.
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
NYCGabriel
On Timeout

NYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticedNYCGabriel never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
Just a small handful - enough to add a bit of a crunchy texture. I hadn't thought of adding sunflower seeds either, until one of my favorite breakfast dives offered this omelette. To make it extra yummy, I toast the seeds in a small bit of hot oil before adding them.
Traci, I tried it this morning....

Best breakfast I ever had. It made feel good all day long!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #20
TraciJo67
On Timeout

I'm glad that you enjoyed it! Breakfast or brunch foods are my all-time favorite. Weekend before last I made a crock-pot sweet potato casserole (I posted the recipe somewhere at Dims) and a very, very simple egg bake so we could just indulge ourselves all day and I wouldn't have to cook again. This weekend, it's going to be a french toast casserole with oven fries and crispy bacon. Yes, I'm already counting down the days

Breakfast Bake -- there are soooo many variations, but I love this one because it is incredibly easy from start to finish, minimum ingredients, but always turns out light and fluffy and yummy:

2-3 slices bread (cut in squares) - I use ciabatta
1 1/2 c. sharp cheese, grated (I use a mixture of cheddar & swiss)
6 eggs, beaten
Salt
1 lb. bulk sausage
2 c. milk
1/2 tbsp. dry mustard

Place bread pieces in greased casserole. Brown sausage and drain. Spread over bread. Add 1 cup grated cheese. Make mixture of 6 eggs, 2 cups milk, salt and 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard. Pour over above and refrigerate overnight (or at least refrigerate for an hour). Just prior to baking, add the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Last edited by TraciJo67; 03-24-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #21
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I use 4 eggs.
Crispy bacon.
Ham/onion/hot banana peppers.
Munster cheese/provolone.
Or
Crispy bacon.
Chorizo sausage/onion.
3 cheese blend with picante sauce on the side.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #22
NYCGabriel
On Timeout

These are all great recipes! I'm going to compile them!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #23
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
This weekend, it's going to be a french toast casserole with oven fries and crispy bacon.
I will bring the orange juice.

But, please be civilized and know that bacon is NOT supposed to be crispy!

I am so going to have french toast and bacon this weekend. Roomie is going to be gone ( yes, this matter, because I plan on eating much bacon, and I don't want any comments...or have to share ). Mmmmmmm.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #24
TraciJo67
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
I will bring the orange juice.

But, please be civilized and know that bacon is NOT supposed to be crispy!

I am so going to have french toast and bacon this weekend. Roomie is going to be gone ( yes, this matter, because I plan on eating much bacon, and I don't want any comments...or have to share ). Mmmmmmm.
We are very civilized in my home, as we stab only our fat guests with forks. Shall we make it 10:30 a.m.?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
We are very civilized in my home, as we stab only our fat guests with forks. Shall we make it 10:30 a.m.?
As long as I do not wake and find a kidney gone, or my bacon removed from my fists...it's all good.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote