Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #76
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah, I know.. but the Doritos R&D department must be on vacation or something. Meanwhile:

A co-worker bought these, tried a few and instantly declared them inedible.
I sampled some, and said, "No, this flavor is spot on. That's a cheesesteak."

I looked at the package and asked, "Have you ever had a cheesesteak with cheez wiz, ketchup and onions?"

Apparently, everyone west of Philly thinks a cheesesteak has peppers, onions, and provolone. Who knew?

Last edited by Fuzzy; 04-17-2011 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Not my photo..
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #77
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I haven't seen the Doritos or the Ruffles yet, but I sample the Fritos Tapatio and its interesting.. spicy.. tingly.. a repeat buy until I can find the Doritos..
Old 05-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #78
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

I haven't seen the Doritos or the Ruffles yet, but I sample the Fritos Tapatio and its interesting.. spicy.. tingly.. a repeat buy until I can find the Doritos..
Update: The Tapatio Doritos has the familiar Tapatio kick, however, the additional cheddar and romano cheese powder hits this one out of the park.

This is what Spicy Nacho was supposed to be. Get'em before they disappear!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #79
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

They've finally done it. The Flamin' Hot powder used on Cheetos, has been put on Doritos. Only they've added the lime flavor too, so its got this lime aftertaste that I'm still getting adjusted. Oh yeah, red powder all over my fingers. Very Spicy.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #80
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Found these today while getting a xl diet dew and a Tijuana mama...

The package reads "Fiery Fusion: Sizzlin' Cayenne and Cheese"

I thought, "hey cool, may it'll be as good as Tapatio Doritos." WRONG. Its spicy, yes, tongue tingly like 1st degree burn, but half-way thru the 99c bag the flavor was already old, and not very tasty. Should've kept looking for another bag of the Tapatio..
Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #81
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't know where I need to hang out to find more of these varieties - I'm always stuck with the same ol' same ol'.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:50 PM   #82
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I don't know where I need to hang out to find more of these varieties - I'm always stuck with the same ol' same ol'.
The usual places like grocery stores that sell the big bags don't usually have the limited edition varieties, as I've discovered. A store that has an entire shelf of Plain just doesn't cut the mustard.

I go to the places where the 99c big grab and single serving bags are more plentiful and in more varieties than light fixtures in a Home Depot. Like Flying J truck stops, 7-11, WaWa, Maverick, and those combination gas station/fast food joints like Exxon/Subway or Chevron/Wendys.

My hunger for new Doritos is like Sinistar. Yes, I keep searching, long after the aged Jedi tells me that these are not the Doritos I was looking for.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #83
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

These.. are back.. they did update the label for Madden '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
New favorite - sooooo good. Not really dusty. Bag smells like a plate of nachos, and they taste like salsa/cheese/sour cream.... a plate of nachos. Delish!

I love them so I'm sure they'll disappear off the face of the Earth in no time. Get them while you can.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:30 AM   #84
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Fuzzy I tried the Tapatio Doritos and I have to say they were hot! My son who loves hot food couldn't eat very many of them either..I had half a chip and I was done! To hot to enjoy..

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #85
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

*bump*

http://www.tacobell.com/doritoslocostacos
Old 02-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #86
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am so excited about the taco bell shell. Two of my loves coming together as one. Cheesy beefy nacho goodness. Is it March 8th yet?!?!?
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #87
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Review: Not impressed. They've coated a thin taco shell with a orange cheese powder more reminiscent of Kraft Cheese and Macaroni than Nacho Cheese Doritos. It comes in a card stock sleeve so you don't get cheese powder on your fingers, but since it is a brittle taco shell, it still gets on your fingers, the table, your shirt, etc. I was expecting a thicker, Doritos-style crunch from the shell. After sampling one topped with Taco Bell's Hot taco sauce, I finished the other two tacos with Del Taco's Del Scorcho, the best taco sauce on the planet.

I will probably have the Locos Tacos again, but the Crunchwrap Supreme is still my favorite.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #88
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Have any of you tried this?

I'm a tenderfoot when it comes to spicy foods, so while it fits my definition of "hot," it will probably seem kinda mild to hardcore capsaicin-heads. It has good flavor, but it's not really my speed. Jackie loves 'em.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #89
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Review: Not impressed. They've coated a thin taco shell with a orange cheese powder more reminiscent of Kraft Cheese and Macaroni than Nacho Cheese Doritos. It comes in a card stock sleeve so you don't get cheese powder on your fingers, but since it is a brittle taco shell, it still gets on your fingers, the table, your shirt, etc. I was expecting a thicker, Doritos-style crunch from the shell. After sampling one topped with Taco Bell's Hot taco sauce, I finished the other two tacos with Del Taco's Del Scorcho, the best taco sauce on the planet.

I will probably have the Locos Tacos again, but the Crunchwrap Supreme is still my favorite.
Agreed. I was expecting more flavor.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #90
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Found a new line of Doritos at Wal-Mart today: Doritos JACKED. The website says it comes in two flavors (Enchilada Supreme and Spicy Chipolte BBQ) but I swear there was a third flavor called Hot Wings or something like that. If they still have them next time I'm at Wally World, I'll report back. But according to the official website, just the two flavors.

Not a big fan of BBQ "flavored" stuff, I opted for the Enchilada Supreme. I was super excited because one of my favorite Doritos flavors of all time was Cheesy Enchilada and Sour Cream.

The JACKED part of them is that they are 40% bigger and (unknown percent) thicker than regular Doritos. They also have more seasoning, like Cheetos-level seasoning.

Personally, I was disappointed in the JACKED Enchilada Supreme. I suppose I should have expected more spiciness, it being JACKED and all, but they are a tad too spicy for my personal taste. Enough to give you a mild mouth tingle. They are also very cheesy (3rd on the ingredient list is cheddar cheese), which I did like, but I really wanted a more mild chip akin to the CE&SC.

Also, the bag is smaller than normal Doritos bags, but the same price. 10 & 1/2 oz.

The bigger chip is problematic because they don't fit into your mouth whole. Or at least, not mine. LOL So I had to bite the chips in half, which resulted in lots of crumbs down the front of my shirt.

The thicker chip is a bonus, IMO, because there is less breakage in the bag. I have the proper levels of shame/class to not be embarrassed to lick my finger and scoop up the crumbs from the bottom of the bag, but it's nice when you don't have to.
Attached Images
File Type: gif doritos-jacked-enchilada-supreme.gif (28.3 KB, 171 views)
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #91
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Have any of you tried this?

I'm a tenderfoot when it comes to spicy foods, so while it fits my definition of "hot," it will probably seem kinda mild to hardcore capsaicin-heads. It has good flavor, but it's not really my speed. Jackie loves 'em.
I am a wimp for hot but really liked these. They gave me some heartburn though. They were tasty
Old 04-12-2012, 09:15 PM   #92
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I haven't seen the salsa con queso cheetos but the jalapeno cheddar ones are *amazing*
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #93
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I really loved the taste but hated the mess. I've eaten the Doritos taco often in last couple of weeks and I can't seem to get hang of it! I'm always left with sour cream on my chin and neon cheddar everywhere else.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #94
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
Found a new line of Doritos at Wal-Mart today: Doritos JACKED. The website says it comes in two flavors (Enchilada Supreme and Spicy Chipolte BBQ) but I swear there was a third flavor called Hot Wings or something like that. If they still have them next time I'm at Wally World, I'll report back. But according to the official website, just the two flavors.

Not a big fan of BBQ "flavored" stuff, I opted for the Enchilada Supreme. I was super excited because one of my favorite Doritos flavors of all time was Cheesy Enchilada and Sour Cream.

The JACKED part of them is that they are 40% bigger and (unknown percent) thicker than regular Doritos. They also have more seasoning, like Cheetos-level seasoning.

Personally, I was disappointed in the JACKED Enchilada Supreme. I suppose I should have expected more spiciness, it being JACKED and all, but they are a tad too spicy for my personal taste. Enough to give you a mild mouth tingle. They are also very cheesy (3rd on the ingredient list is cheddar cheese), which I did like, but I really wanted a more mild chip akin to the CE&SC.

Also, the bag is smaller than normal Doritos bags, but the same price. 10 & 1/2 oz.

The bigger chip is problematic because they don't fit into your mouth whole. Or at least, not mine. LOL So I had to bite the chips in half, which resulted in lots of crumbs down the front of my shirt.

The thicker chip is a bonus, IMO, because there is less breakage in the bag. I have the proper levels of shame/class to not be embarrassed to lick my finger and scoop up the crumbs from the bottom of the bag, but it's nice when you don't have to.
I was disappointed.. the chip has a different crunch factor.. also they're too big and the flavor was off..
Old 01-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #95
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Attachment 106321

These are so yummy
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #96
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm a whore for these ones. I think they taste like thai food. lol.:

Last edited by dharmabean; 01-17-2013 at 06:22 PM.
dharmabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #97
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Attachment 106321

These are so yummy
OH MY GOD THESE WERE MY FAVORITE!!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #98
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Attachment 106321

These are so yummy
Hot Damn! I'm so on this trail... Somebody rep Katie for me...
Old 01-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #99
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Hot Damn! I'm so on this trail... Somebody rep Katie for me...
Got her for ya!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #100
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Lay's contest for new flavors have arrived:

Cheesy Garlic Bread

Chicken and Waffles

Sriracha

Should be on store shelves soon...