Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #126
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

This was my favorite
Ha! I thought for a minute that that's what they're called here but, no. Ours are cool original.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:23 PM   #127
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Doritos has released three new TEST flavors in a contest to identify and name them. You know the drill.
dang.. do you work for Doritos? I need to find those and try them out! well.. at least try the new ones they have out.. since these are still testing.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #128
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

No, I don't work for Frito-Lay.. I'm.. an addict.

I bought the red and yellow labels today. Yellow by far is my favorite.

No spoilers, I'll let y'all try em out first.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #129
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i saw the new test flavors in a store today...i am not sure i am brave enough to try some without having some sort of idea of what i am getting in to.

my sister loved the salsa verde doritos and used to have my brother in texas ship her some to pa.

i did love the cheeseburger ones...

the new test flavors are the only really interesting ones i have seen recently in my store of choice. thanks to everyone for the hints to check the smaller bag size for the more interesting flavors. it seems like all they carry in the large bags at our store is classic and ranch.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #130
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
No, I don't work for Frito-Lay.. I'm.. an addict.

I bought the red and yellow labels today. Yellow by far is my favorite.

No spoilers, I'll let y'all try em out first.
I have an uncle who works for Frito-Lay. Whenever we'd visit i'd get access to huge boxes of interesting products that aren't easily found in stores. (in addition to the normal stuff) I wish i lived closer to them these days
Old 05-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #131
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That would be Awesome.

I finally found the blue jacked doritos and I'm torn between yellow and blue. Red is a repeat of a product that already make (Flamas), imo. But yellow is like chili verde lime, but the citrus isn't really strong, more of a hint. Blue.. is like a mole.. emphasis on the smoky-ness.

I still don't like Jacked chips. The texture is too much like stale taco shell. It doesn't fill my Doritos fix (Tapatio Doritos does an excellent job at filling my fix)
Old 06-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #132
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

thanks for the info on the yellow bag. my sister might enjoy those verde lime ones. will have to send her a bag.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:55 PM   #133
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Wasabi Ginger, Mango Salsa, Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese and Cappuccino.

I haven't tried the salsa or the cappuccino yet. The Wasabi Ginger is a perfect blend, much better than the Wasabi Funyuns attempt. I think I finally found a great alternative to the salt-n-vinegar Lays

The mac and cheese, yeah, cheesy, bacony. You know the drill.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 08-04-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #134
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Wasabi ginger with a lil'sriracha drizzled on.. oh yeah
Old 08-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #135
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

hey fuzzy...there was a link on yahoo today about international doritos taste tests. thought you would like to see it if you have not yet

https://www.yahoo.com/food/taste-tes...755950730.html
Old 08-15-2014, 09:53 PM   #136
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
hey fuzzy...there was a link on yahoo today about international doritos taste tests. thought you would like to see it if you have not yet

https://www.yahoo.com/food/taste-tes...755950730.html
That was awesome. Except for the pizza that tasted like ass... or something

Thank you!
Old 08-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #137
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" I haven't tried the salsa or the cappuccino yet. The Wasabi Ginger is a perfect blend, much better than the Wasabi Funyuns attempt. I think I finally found a great alternative to the salt-n-vinegar Lays "

My husband loves the wasabi ginger chips, and they're really popular here. I've seen the standard size bags, large party size bags, and even big grab bags in convenience stores. The other three flavors I've only seen in the standard size bags on promotional displays in supermarkets.

I like them too. They're just a little bit sweet and have a complex flavor. They kind of remind me of glazed rice cracker and wasabi pea snack mix. But better.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #138
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

so fuzzy...i have a question. do you ever buy plain tortilla chips and spice them yourself? like custom doritos?
Old 10-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #139
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

I've never done that. When I don't have Doritos, I tend to have plain tortilla chips and salsa. But I've also wanted, but could never find, Ketchup-flavored Doritos.

Hmm.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:37 AM   #140
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

hi fuzzy. according to the web, ketchup doritos are still available in canada. you may want to get friendly with one of our canandian members who may be able to mail you some.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #141
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

hi fuzzy. i saw online today a post about someone who took doritos and crunched them up small and put them in a pepper grinder. that way they could grind dorito flavor on whatever they wanted.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #142
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
hi fuzzy. i saw online today a post about someone who took doritos and crunched them up small and put them in a pepper grinder. that way they could grind dorito flavor on whatever they wanted.
I'm unable to rep this post. I'm doing this.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #143
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dorito-flavored Mountain Dew. Too far?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #144
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^Not for Jap-an..

To me, it just makes perfect sense, when you take into account the relationships involved and branding implications: Doritos and Mountain Dew are two of Pepsi's largest selling brands. But how much so is the average purchaser of each aware of the other product?

I would speculate that we will see even more of this in the future, pending the outcome of Papa-John's foray into gimmicks like Frito-Pizza (Perhaps to atone for it's more recent slight of the stoner-community?)

Pepsi also has the controlling interest in all US distribution for Stolichnaya. Not the best vodka; but, for the type of product that's marketed all around different or unique pairings, flavor profiles that would otherwise seem sort of strange or novelty-based (e.g. baked potato, peanut-butter & jelly, buttered-popcorn, etc..) can actually become legitimate selling points. Re-ignite interest in what's typically an impulse purchase.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #145
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

fuzzy, i know you are a loyal doritos fan...but have you ever tried the store brand of a nacho chip? was it close?

i have tried the aldi version of nacho chips. too much nacho flavor dust, but i do enjoy they are a bit thinner than regular doritos tend to be.

any off brand faves?
Old 05-28-2015, 10:04 PM   #146
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
fuzzy, i know you are a loyal doritos fan...but have you ever tried the store brand of a nacho chip? was it close?

i have tried the aldi version of nacho chips. too much nacho flavor dust, but i do enjoy they are a bit thinner than regular doritos tend to be.

any off brand faves?
I've been sampling the Kroger brand tortilla chips like nacho cheese, but the cheese powder was a little thin and not as flavorful.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:06 PM   #147
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Don't know if anyone has seen the Doritos Roulette. Its a bag of standard nacho cheese with a couple HOT chips added. I'd rather have a full bag of the HOT chips.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #148
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Don't know if anyone has seen the Doritos Roulette. Its a bag of standard nacho cheese with a couple HOT chips added. I'd rather have a full bag of the HOT chips.
Trying them tonight for the first time. Love it. Been bit three times already...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:22 PM   #149
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

fuzzy, i was talking to my aunt in texas recently. we were talking what to make for dinner and she mentioned that she has had taco salad there that has doritos in it and catalina dressing. i had not heard of this before and told her i would look into finding a recipe. i googled and it is a thing. maybe it is a new way for you to eat doritos!
Old 06-22-2015, 01:04 AM   #150
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Anything to feed an addiction!