Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
JimBob
Wondering Where You Are

JimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJimBob can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Two Interesting Trailers

"Lbs", a drama about weight loss;

"A Matter of Size", a comedy about an Israeli sumo-wrestling club.

They both look like quality productions, intelligent and well-written - what do you guys think?
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Any movie about weight loss is going to be uninteresting to me unless it is remarkably good cinematically or features salacious before scenes of attractive young women. I think the sumo movie might have some merits, but I'm pretty sure it will just be an excuse to make unfunny physical comedy at the expense of overweight boys. The former I don't find amusing and the latter I don't find interesting. All in all I think this would get a much warmer reception on the BHM board or even the main board.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
Baba Fats

Baba Fats can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBaba Fats can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
Any movie about weight loss is going to be uninteresting to me unless it is remarkably good cinematically or features salacious before scenes of attractive young women.
How about a movie with a subplot featuring a BBW who films herself cooking and eating decadent desserts for her own paysite? I haven't seen "City Island" yet (it's still in limited release), but I'm already impressed by the fact that the director didn't follow the usual strategy of casting some starlet in a fatsuit. Instead, he found a lovely young actress named Carrie Baker Reynolds for the role -

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/4GK8B...Baker+Reynolds

Judging by this outtake -

http://moviestildawn.blogspot.com/20...-ezra-and.html

she's gonna make a big splash on this board!
Baba Fats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Now that looks like something worth downloading.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
NYC_FFA

NYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
Any movie about weight loss is going to be uninteresting to me unless it is remarkably good cinematically or features salacious before scenes of attractive young women. I think the sumo movie might have some merits, but I'm pretty sure it will just be an excuse to make unfunny physical comedy at the expense of overweight boys. The former I don't find amusing and the latter I don't find interesting. All in all I think this would get a much warmer reception on the BHM board or even the main board.
From what I've seen of "A Matter of Size," it isn't about making cheap physical humor jokes and making fun of BHMs. I'm hope that it will show up in my area soon so I can see it. From the trailer, it reminds me a lot of "The Full Monty," just with sumo wrestling instead of stripping.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 AM   #6
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Fats View Post
How about a movie with a subplot featuring a BBW who films herself cooking and eating decadent desserts for her own paysite? I haven't seen "City Island" yet (it's still in limited release), but I'm already impressed by the fact that the director didn't follow the usual strategy of casting some starlet in a fatsuit. Instead, he found a lovely young actress named Carrie Baker Reynolds for the role -

I just checked it out of the Library. My gosh she's beautiful. And I like how the sub-plot was was handled with complete acceptance. So nice.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Fats View Post

There are at least two existing threads on Dimensions devoted to her appearance as well as the feeder son subplot in City Island.

The search function. It's a beautiful thing.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote