Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default "You smell like Saturday mornings"

I haven't seen this thread yet, and if I did miss it, I'm sorry.

So, I was sitting on the subway today next to a pretty good looking BHM. But more importantly, he smelt WONDERFUL. Really warm and spicy but very clean too. Anyway, that made my morning.
I think that the smell of a person is really important, perfume or no.

So, what is the general opinion on perfumes/colognes?
And do you wear them? And which? Describe it!

As for the title, that's what mine smells like, or so says a friend. It's Dior, "Escale Pondicherry".
Old 03-31-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
ouroboros

ouroboros does more than just post hot picsouroboros does more than just post hot picsouroboros does more than just post hot pics

Smelling good is very important to me (I use miracle by lancome as well as anything from L'occitane) I also like my men(or just people in general) to smell nice too.
ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm traditional I wear cologne almost every day, but I refuse to spend 50 bucks on a tiny bottle so... I normally wear either drakkar or aramis. They are both, essentially, sandalwood based scents.
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love a nice subtle scent on a woman, when she walks by and you get a brief whiff and you think to yourself "My God did she really smell that good? I need a closer sniff!"

That being said I wear Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana and I have been told by many women (and one man) that I smell "yummy". Well okay, the guy said I smelled good, not yummy. That would have been creepy.

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
RentonBob
I always get back up...

RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I usually wear Calvin Klein Obsession. Have since college
Old 03-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #6
veil
boston based bluestocking

veil does more than just post hot picsveil does more than just post hot picsveil does more than just post hot picsveil does more than just post hot pics
Default purrrrrrfume

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
I haven't seen this thread yet, and if I did miss it, I'm sorry.

So, I was sitting on the subway today next to a pretty good looking BHM. But more importantly, he smelt WONDERFUL. Really warm and spicy but very clean too. Anyway, that made my morning.
I think that the smell of a person is really important, perfume or no.

So, what is the general opinion on perfumes/colognes?
And do you wear them? And which? Describe it!

As for the title, that's what mine smells like, or so says a friend. It's Dior, "Escale Pondicherry".
i like warm florals, most of my perfumes are vanilla based (i love to bake, in every sense) but with a warm, darker note like sandalwood or amber. a bit of nature-flower-clean scents and a bit of warmth & sensuality is what i like on myself, and often on others as well.

my favorites are stila's creme bouquet (sadly discontinued boo hoo), some scents by lolita lempicka, and lush's vanilla perfume.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

Sometimes I put on an extra layer of deodorant and it kinda smells like cologne.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
LovesBigMen
Poco G. leave it there xD

LovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized rep
Talking Well...

As long as he smells good I like hehe.
LovesBigMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
NYC_FFA

NYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot pics

My hubby always chews fruit gum, so he always smells sweet. I didn't realize for the longest time that it was because of the gum. I thought it was his cologne or something until I smelled it when I was around some of my friends. One of my friends was chewing the same gum, and I was sniffing around going, "Something smells like my man...what is that???"
Old 03-31-2010, 11:39 PM   #10
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

I don't like the smell of cologne. Maybe I've only smelled the bad ones. I've also given up on deodorant because I don't like the smell. I just shower more often instead.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:22 AM   #11
Tyrael
Gone

Tyrael can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTyrael can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Normally its just a good shower and some deodorant .

But for special occasions:

Jean paul Gaultier - Le Male
Tyrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #12
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i've always liked Curve for myself, kind of old school now though.

But on a woman I looooooooooooooooooooooove Angel perfume! Whenever or wherever i smell it i just go all gooey and fall to the floor in a soft heap of smiles and goo goo eyes, lol. Seriously though, i've totally hit on 60 year old women who were wearing it just so i could be next to them and smell it. It should be outlawed...
FishCharming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #13
warwagon86
All Over The World

warwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticed

I have 3 scents just depending on my mood or how im feeling decides what i go for:

To be honest my favourite has to be the Bvlgari but during the winter i found myself using the Davidoff more.

The Acqua Di Gio is my usual all rounder.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #14
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Kinda lame... but I love the smell of Old Spice on a guy (but a lot of fathers and grandfathers wore this scent... so I can see why it is a turn off for some).
I get bored of my own fragrances easily, so I have a collection of half-finished perfume bottles on my dresser. I tend to choose perfumes that smell edible (fruity, spicy, sweet, citrus) rather than florals. I like smelling like something you could take a bite out of
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #15
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I LOVE cologne on a man! My husband has a few different ones, but they all have this similar, sweet undertone that drives me crazy (don't know any of the names, though).

Personally, I always use these subtle body sprays that smell like either cotton candy or vanilla cupcakes. How refined....
Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #16
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I tend to choose perfumes that smell edible (fruity, spicy, sweet, citrus) rather than florals. I like smelling like something you could take a bite out of
NOM

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Wow, I'm the only cheap ass that resorts to the Axe effect? LOL

The Axe chocolate scent is fucking delicious smelling. On a regular basis I use this stuff called "Mascolino" (I know, I know lol) it's like an axe style knockoff of Aqua Di Gio, and I like it.

One more embarrassing one, a good 5 or 6 years ago now, I bought this The Fast And The Furious branded cologne when I used to work at Big Lots. It came in a spray bottle that looked like a small windex or car cleaning product bottle. The smell of it was amazing, and it didn't quit! I actually still have some left.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #18
ogie

ogie can now change their title

don't wear cologne normally but if i get dressed up.. you know suit, tie, cufflinks and all that jazz. i will throw on a little cologne. wrists, neck and my nether region. i only use Ralph Lauren Purple Label. Best cologne ever.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #19
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's usually cologne everyday, either Aqua DI Gio, Polo Blue, and Polo Black. That's it, just depends on what I feel like that day.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 AM   #20
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

I don't use colognes myself, but that's more a function of budget than of taste. The best one I've ever had a whiff of was a citrusy, woody scent in a department store cologne section; I can't remember the name, though.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #21
BLUEeyedBanshee
Ministry of Truth

BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BLUEeyedBanshee has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Myself it's either Dior Addict or DKNY Red Delicious. (Recently it's been Delicious more than Addict, might have to change it up again.)

I used to love Donna Karan's Chaos, then they discontinued it and I was devasted.

As for my guy, he's usually cologne-less. But I love the different body washes he uses, and honestly, there's something about the scent of his skin I could never get out of my head. Especially when we did have our year of being "just friends" and dated other people. Those other people just didn't smell like him.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #22
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin23 View Post
Wow, I'm the only cheap ass that resorts to the Axe effect? LOL

The Axe chocolate scent is fucking delicious smelling. On a regular basis I use this stuff called "Mascolino" (I know, I know lol) it's like an axe style knockoff of Aqua Di Gio, and I like it.

One more embarrassing one, a good 5 or 6 years ago now, I bought this The Fast And The Furious branded cologne when I used to work at Big Lots. It came in a spray bottle that looked like a small windex or car cleaning product bottle. The smell of it was amazing, and it didn't quit! I actually still have some left.
I have to admit. I'm not much for "axe." But you're right that dark temptations stuff smells ridiculously good even for "cheap" cologne.
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #23
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I quite like Axe, only it became really popular when I was in high school, and guys would literally drentch themselves in it during every single bloody break. Math: 200 tennagers using up half a bottle each every day? HEADACHE.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:57 PM   #24
project219

project219 can now change their title

Personally, I'm partial to the "Shock" scent of Axe, as well as the "Fever" scent.

Other than that, I'm a Brute or Old Spice kind of guy.
project219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:42 AM   #25
nolon2020

nolon2020 has said some nice things

One scent of mine is quite special it has a taste of licorice
it is called Kenzo AIR and the other one is Kenzo Power
nolon2020 is offline   Reply With Quote