Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #26
Mr. Jigglesworth

Mr. Jigglesworth can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micara View Post
I've been looking everywhere for bacon ice cream. That's like, my dream.
You might want to find that bacon cookbook I mentioned as they have recipes for all types of food, and though I only glanced at it, I think I remember seeing bacon ice cream recipe, but I'm not positive.

Mr. Jigglesworth
Mr. Jigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #27
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jigglesworth View Post
Monday i was walking around the Lincoln Square Mall after having my taxing done. I found a shop that sold international foods, had ice cream & chocolates for sale....and "The Bacon Cookbook" by James Villas I believe. I gotta remember to tell my gf this as she LOVES Bacon.

Mr. Jigglesworth
Would that have been Art Mart? Is it still there? I haven't been to Lincoln Square in almost 20 years, I never would have thought that store still was in existence, they have the BEST croissants.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #28
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I found the ingredients online for Bacon Salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Can you list the ingredients in the Bacon Salt? I'm curious as to what it's made of. I can't seem to find any nutrition facts on the Bacon salt

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #29
Mr. Jigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
Would that have been Art Mart? Is it still there? I haven't been to Lincoln Square in almost 20 years, I never would have thought that store still was in existence, they have the BEST croissants.
Actually yes it is Art Mart, I went by there again yesterday to make sure of the name. Hard to believe with as little business as the mall gets, that the store has been there for 20 yrs. or more.

Mr. Jigglesworth
Old 04-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #30
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jigglesworth View Post
Actually yes it is Art Mart, I went by there again yesterday to make sure of the name. Hard to believe with as little business as the mall gets, that the store has been there for 20 yrs. or more.

Mr. Jigglesworth
It's been there well over 20 years. I graduated in 85, and I used to go there all the time, lived right down the road in Urbana. Next time you go, try to get there in the morning and try their croissants. The ones filled with ham & cheese or spinach & cheese are so amazingly delicious.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #31
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Love bacon, but only 'real' bacon, nothing with artificial flavored bacon. there is a candy store in santa cruz that sells chocolate covered bacon. Wasn't my bag, but it sells like no tomorrow apparently. Love Wendys new bacon blue burger, honestly i'm addicted to that thing.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #32
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead (greasy) hands.

-Jim
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #33
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Bacon lovers, have you seen the new Kraft Deli Deluxe Cheddar Bacon cheese slices? I just saw a commercial for it, looks good. They also have Jalapeno American in addiction to the bacon cheddar one.

http://www.cookingwithkraft.com/delideluxe_promo.html
Old 04-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #34
Mr. Jigglesworth

I'll give it a try, although I hope it melts nice like american does, and not like cheddar usually does.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:22 PM   #35
SuperSizedAngie
Hug-Seeking Missile

SuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 club

Bacon is the way to my heart. Totally. I love bacon and will do just about anything for large amounts of tasty tasty bacon!!!
SuperSizedAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #36
Mr. Jigglesworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSizedAngie View Post
Bacon is the way to my heart. Totally. I love bacon and will do just about anything for large amounts of tasty tasty bacon!!!
Makes a mental note of this info, thank you for sharing it. I love bacon too, but if not cooked where the ends are fatty, I'd rather have sausage patties or links, or in gravy with lots of biscuits...damn now see what you started, I'm hungry now for breakfast foods

Mr. Jigglesworth
Old 05-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #37
SuperSizedAngie
Hug-Seeking Missile

SuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 club

Man, bacon freaking rocks!! I am in love with bacon and I'll put it on almost anything.

Nowdays, you can find bacon ice cream, bacon chocolate, caramelized bacon.... so many cool things are being done with bacon these days.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:14 PM   #38
SuperSizedAngie
Hug-Seeking Missile

Also, I forgot to mention that I have occasionally eaten bacon 10-15 slices at a time, just because I'm a bacon addict. It's a powerful food.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #39
Mr. Jigglesworth

I recently borrowed some of my friend's international cookbooks and alot of them have bacon recipes, so I'll try to post some of them here when I remember to bring them with me.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #40
Moonshadow_Girl

Moonshadow_Girl has said some nice things

We rotate Goody Duty each week at work. Our motto is, "Go Big, Go Bacon, or Go Home!!"
Old 07-26-2010, 01:05 PM   #41
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default The Periodic Table of Meat

I decided to post this here, since bacon was given a such a prominent role.

I left it large so ya'll could see all of the detail.

- Jim
Old 07-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #42
Mr. Jigglesworth

Default Here are a couple of Elvis' favs.

I heard this first one today on WGN's news. They found this recipe for his favorite S'mores recipe in the attic recently, and is as follows.

S'mores:
cinnamon graham crackers
chocolate
toasted marshmellows
bacon

This next one is found in the Aug. 10' issue of Rachel Ray's magazine.

Elvis-style Grilled Banana Sundaes:
6 slices of bacon
veggie oil for brushing
3 bananas, peeled & halved crosswise & lengthwise
peanutbutter ice cream
honey at room temp for drizzling
1/3 cup chopped butter toffee or honey-roasted peanuts

1. preheat half of a grill to low heat and the other half to medium heat. Arrange bacon on grate over low heat cover & cook, turning halfway through until crisp about 10 min. Drain on paper towels and crumble. brush hot grate with oil and arrange bananas cut side down on grate over medium heat. Cover and grill until grill marks appear, 1-2 minutes. Flip cover and grill for 1 more min. Divide the warm banana pieces among 6 bowls add scoops of ice cream drizzle with honey and top with crumbled bacon and peanut or toffee or both And enjoy

Mr. Jigglesworth
Old 08-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #43
Mr. Jigglesworth

Default Here's another bacon recipe

Chocolate-Covered Bacon, YUM!

6-8 slices of thick cut bacon
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
4 oz. white chocolate chips, melted, optional for garnish.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place bacon on a baking sheetlined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven until bacon is cooked to your liking. 15 min. for soft bacon, 20 min. for crispy bacon. Let bacon cool on the parchment paper for 5 min. then transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.

Meanwhile set up a double boiler. Heat a large saucepan filled with water over high heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer. Set a heaat-proof bowl over the simmering water. Add chocolate chips and stir with a fork until smooth and completely melted. Cover another baking sheet with parchment paper. Using tongs, carefully dip the bacon into the melted chocolate turning to coat all sidess in chocolate. Transfer to clean sheet of waiting parchment paper. Repeat with remaining bacon slices. Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired. Refrigerate until choccolate is hard, once cool....enjoy.

For additional bacon enjoyment, double or triple ingredients for your pleasure

Mr. Jigglesworth
Old 08-28-2010, 01:34 PM   #44
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Sizzlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead (greasy) hands.

-Jim
That (b)AK(on)-47 you got there is
quite a piece, Dude!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #45
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

How cool is that an AK-47 made out of bacon!!!
I love bacon on a peanut butter sandwich Soooo tastey.
Bacon on just about anything sounds good to me.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #46
AC4400CW
The lunatic fringe

AC4400CW does more than just post hot picsAC4400CW does more than just post hot picsAC4400CW does more than just post hot pics

Bacon? Damn right I love bacon. How could I possibly have missed this thread before? I'll take some thick, crispy, smoky-flavored stuff please.
AC4400CW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #47
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bacon is love.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #48
vampirekitten

vampirekitten has super-sized repvampirekitten has super-sized repvampirekitten has super-sized repvampirekitten has super-sized rep

oh wow! bacon is totally my addiction!! i can eat 2 pound packages without a second glance! love it!! probably more but haven't tried.. my one girlfriend and I are bacon addicts! mmmmm love this thread!!!
vampirekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #49
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Equal Time?

With all the talk about bacon in this thread,
I'm surprised no one has mentioned
sausage. I like sausage a little more than
bacon, just saying. I do serious
damage to/with both at Shoney's when I
do their breakfast bar.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #50
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I like to dip my bacon IN my waffle syrup. Sausage links too.
Yesssshhhh.
I'm not even a big fan of pancakes or waffles, I just like runnin' my bacon through rivers of buttery syrup. Sausage links I like syurp poured right on top of. mmmm sweet porrrrk.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote