Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep
Default Tired of Thin

We FA's live in a world where Women are constantly splashed from print and screen that I could care less about.

I just wish that sometime the Book, Comic Book, TV, Movie sweatheart is one that I could enjoy.

It just gets old after a while. I would like a fat leading woman.
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Seriously, why do they keep trying to sell stuff using an image that most people are interested in?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Seriously, why do they keep trying to sell stuff using an image that most people are interested in?
chicken or the egg?
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

I know.

Maybe I am asking too much.

Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

There are some movies out there with that, A movie I love is called beautiful girls, there is one with Camryn Manheim as a want to be comedian but I cant remember what it is called

It is a real shame but I have noticed a lot more larger people over here making it into the cast of musicals and such as well so mayby the trend is slowly changing

After all Gilmore girls had 1 main character and two sub characters that are BBW's and there are a few on other shows not just as the token fat chicks so whilst progress is extremely slow that is a lot more people than there used to be, change takes time, but hey if someone wanted to make a movie with plus sized chicks that was a great movie I am all for that to
spiritangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

The SSBBW actress in the new movie City Island is totally hot!
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
chicken or the egg?
Chicken force-fed eggs.
You're welcome feeders. :P
The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. The test of a first rate wallpaper is to wipe clean easily when the previous fails.
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #8
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Theres a movie called Phat Girlz starring Monique as the main character that came out in like 2005-2006.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Google "bbw actress" and a few lists pop up. One movie comes to mind that I really liked was "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Oh, and "Bridget Jones Diary" and its sequel (although the actress gained weight for the film). I also noticed that Bollywood seems to be very size friendly towards their female leads.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #10
drewedwards

drewedwards can now change their title

There was a plus sized gal on Carnivale that was played for sex appeal.
drewedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin View Post
We FA's live in a world where Women are constantly splashed from print and screen that I could care less about.

I just wish that sometime the Book, Comic Book, TV, Movie sweatheart is one that I could enjoy.

It just gets old after a while. I would like a fat leading woman.
agreed 100%
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #12
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Theres a movie called Phat Girlz starring Monique as the main character that came out in like 2005-2006.

great movie Nutty I had forgotten about that one

and dont forget High School Musical for the younger generation there is a BBW in that who is also a cheerleader!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #13
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
great movie Nutty I had forgotten about that one

and dont forget High School Musical for the younger generation there is a BBW in that who is also a cheerleader!
Oh shoot forgot about that.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #14
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I would like to see more BBWs in mainstream played for sex appeal. It might help little girls form a more confident self-image and help budding FAs make it through puberty. A guy can dream, can't he?

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #15
spiritangel
AmandaClause

I know one of the American Soaps had a bbw character and she was with a hottie from memory but couldnt tell you wich one as I dont watch them just saw something about it on oprah or some such one day

wonder if we have any movie makers/scripwriters on here
Old 04-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #16
Nutty

Quote:
I know one of the American Soaps had a bbw character and she was with a hottie from memory but couldnt tell you wich one as I dont watch them just saw something about it on oprah or some such one day

I know we got some artist like Ned and Fish, but i haven't seen any screenwriters
Old 04-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

That may have been The Young and the Restless. Years ago. I think the character's name was Beth. She was beautiful and hot and married to a hunk (named Brad, I think) but all storylines about her revolved about her insecurity about her size, inability to love herself, and the female bully who tortured her for sport. Also everyone pitied her and she was maybe only a size 12! I stopped watching the show because everything about her was so depressing.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #18
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would be happy to volunteer to be America's BBW femme fatale.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #19
missy_blue_eyez

missy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions communitymissy_blue_eyez is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
Google "bbw actress" and a few lists pop up. One movie comes to mind that I really liked was "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". Oh, and "Bridget Jones Diary" and its sequel (although the actress gained weight for the film). I also noticed that Bollywood seems to be very size friendly towards their female leads.
You have got to be joking yeh? Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jone's Diary, in my opinion is no where near BBW proportions!!!!!!
missy_blue_eyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #20
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What I loved bout the fat girl in Highschool Musical is that she becomes head cheerleader. I was like "YAY DISNEY!" Now if only she could have been the one dishy Troy was making eyes at
Old 04-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #21
spiritangel
AmandaClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
What I loved bout the fat girl in Highschool Musical is that she becomes head cheerleader. I was like "YAY DISNEY!" Now if only she could have been the one dishy Troy was making eyes at
Hey but she was in all three movies and they kept making her part a little bigger and for a disney thing that is huge, cause I mean other than a few BHM's Like corey, and stuff you just dont see BBW's in disney things

there is Natalie Drexelle in the Brandy Cinderella but she is an evil step sister so I dont count that lol
Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #22
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
chicken or the egg?

Exactly, women are told what to look like and men are told what to look for, and unfortunately too many people these days just can't seem to think for themselves- they obey, conform, and buy on command just to fit in.
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #23
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2d View Post
Exactly, women are told what to look like and men are told what to look for, and unfortunately too many people these days just can't seem to think for themselves- they obey, conform, and buy on command just to fit in.

Wow, if that's not an obscure reference to the movie "They Live", then I don't know what is.

But seriously, I agree with you. People are sheep. It's part of human nature, which I can understand. The problem I have is that most people won't admit they are just following the herd. Instead they feel they have to justify their default "decision", so they mindlessly quote whatever anti-fat rationalizations they hear in the media. This produces a cycle of discrimination and hatred (both self-hatred and hatred of others), which in turn allows other people to cash in on the herd mentality with diet scams and worse. Those who are cashing in have everything to gain from perpetuating the anti-fat message, so the cycle continues...
Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #24
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy_blue_eyez View Post
You have got to be joking yeh? Renee Zellweger in Bridget Jone's Diary, in my opinion is no where near BBW proportions!!!!!!
I own both movies and I agree, thick maybe but bbw...hell no
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
NYC_FFA

NYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot picsNYC_FFA does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
I know we got some artist like Ned and Fish, but i haven't seen any screenwriters
Hi, screenwriter here!