Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
LadyJiggle

LadyJiggle can now change their title
Default The New Cooking Channel

I don't know if this has been discussed before but is anyone else looking forward to an addition to the food channel? It looks like the "Cooking Channel" will replace the "Fine Living Channel" on May 31.

Read all about it:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/21/dining/21network.html

I am not sure I am excited about the idea of an obesity documentary but I am
all for more cooking shows! (Does a li'l happy fat girl dance)
LadyJiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #2
jdsumm
persistently hopeful

jdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot picsjdsumm does more than just post hot pics

I love the Food Network and have been a fan of PBS cooking shows since I watched Julia Child as a child. So yesterday when I first saw a promo on cable I was kinda excited about it. I really enjoy cooking shows so I am looking forward to see what is going to be different and unique about the Cooking Channel. Thanks for sharing the article
Old 04-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Wait, REPLACE Fine Living Network? Oh, no! What will become of my beloved "Whatever, Martha!"...?

Grumble grumble grumble.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 AM   #4
ThinkingFA

ThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Kind of late to the party on this one, but always enjoy a new channel devoted to food. I particularly like Bill's food. Both networks are an escape of sorts from the Weight Watchers this, gym that in my home now.
ThinkingFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm loving the Cooking channel. I was getting tired of all the game shows on Food Network. The Cooking channel is kind of like Mtv2 for the Food Network. I find nothing more relaxing than watching someone else cook. Personally, if I could watch nothing but Spice Goddess all day, I'd be a happy gal. I love the fact that they've resurrected BBC cooking show Two Fat Ladies, too, and are showing all the re-runs. I find the Canadian and Australian cooking shows really interesting, too, with some of their different approaches. I'd never heard of poutine until I saw it made on a Canadian cooking show, and now I have to try it. (And by 'try it,' I mean eat it. I can't cook to save my life, which is why I prefer to watch someone else do it. Heh.)
Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
ThinkingFA

ThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Just looked that up. Looks easy enough. I can cook and love to do it.
ThinkingFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Candy_Coated_Clown

Candy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticedCandy_Coated_Clown never has a post go unnoticed

This is definitely now one of my favorite channels. Glad it was introduced into the fold a while back.

They definitely stuck to the proposed programming philosophy.
Candy_Coated_Clown is offline   Reply With Quote