Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #76
KnottyOne
Ready For A Broken Heart?

KnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKnottyOne is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ Rock View Post
This is so true. I know from my own experience that it was absolutely heart-wrenching and painful every time my long-distance love and I had to say good bye and go our separate ways, which is why I said in my earlier post that I feel like if a LDR is going to work, a plan has to be set in place pretty early on to make it non-long-distance as quickly as possible. I just think that the longer it drags on, the harder it is to maintain any kind of emotional (or obviously physical) intimacy, and I think that two people can only take so much of that heart-ache from having to say good bye and be apart for so long; after a while you just grow numb.
THIS! This is exactly what happened to me too and why I feel I sabotaged it without even realizing it. Thanks for artfully putting what I couldn't

The past and future, is in us or nowhere. The external world is the shadow world, casting its shadows into the world of light. Now it seems to us so dark within, so lonely and chaotic. But how different it will seem to us when this eclipse is past and the shadow is removed. We will enjoy ourselves more than ever, for our spirit has suffered such deprivation.
KnottyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #77
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
One of the challenges of the LDR for many is just leaving, to return to where you came from.

Often, it feels like breaking up, and every time you visit, you again run the risk of feeling that breakup. With time, you may get beyond that, but you truly need to be emotionally prepared for that feeling when you get in your car, hop on the bus (Gus), or get on the plane to head back.
So true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ Rock View Post
This is so true. I know from my own experience that it was absolutely heart-wrenching and painful every time my long-distance love and I had to say good bye and go our separate ways, which is why I said in my earlier post that I feel like if a LDR is going to work, a plan has to be set in place pretty early on to make it non-long-distance as quickly as possible. I just think that the longer it drags on, the harder it is to maintain any kind of emotional (or obviously physical) intimacy, and I think that two people can only take so much of that heart-ache from having to say good bye and be apart for so long; after a while you just grow numb.
I agree whole heartedly with this.....

The problem though is that people move at different speeds, and while one person is extremely comfortable, the other may not be. That doesn't mean that their love is any less than yours, but it may be a deciding factor for you.

Not ever being involved in a LDR before, this is something relatively new to me, and very much so a learning experience.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #78
Surfer

Surfer has said some nice things

MzDee, you are so right on! That is the problem I had when dating years ago, the different speeds! Why can we not be programed to all get and do things at the same point. It would make things so much easier.

Surfer
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:38 PM   #79
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
MzDee, you are so right on! That is the problem I had when dating years ago, the different speeds! Why can we not be programed to all get and do things at the same point. It would make things so much easier.

Surfer
This also goes with even dating locally. It sucks when somebody doesn't love you back....yet.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:12 AM   #80
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500tchr View Post
This also goes with even dating locally. It sucks when somebody doesn't love you back....yet.
Very true also. I think with age and wisdom comes the realization that fundamental differences such as these make for a weak foundation to build a potential relationship upon, and that you are better off cutting your losses sooner rather than later. Move on and find someone who is more "your speed."
Old 07-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #81
Crystal

Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

They suck.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #82
Fluffy51888
Glitter Queen

Fluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging inFluffy51888 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
They suck.

Agreed. 100%.
Fluffy51888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #83
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Are they harder? yeah. But reality is I think any relationship actually working out has the odds against it. Now my best friend just got married to someone from Denmark that she met online. It can work out. Might as well take a chance. I still believe in destiny. Silly me. LOL
Dibaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #84
fatkid420
On Timeout

fatkid420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatkid420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am currently dating someone who is about 60 miles from my home and that is hard enough.

It is to easy for people to be deceptive when you do not have the ability to see them each and every day.
fatkid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 AM   #85
Dibaby35
Chicken n' Dumplings

Dibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDibaby35 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid420 View Post
I am currently dating someone who is about 60 miles from my home and that is hard enough.

It is to easy for people to be deceptive when you do not have the ability to see them each and every day.
One thing I've learned in my older days...if you don't have trust you don't have nothing. Distance has nothing to do with it.
Dibaby35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #86
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibaby35 View Post
One thing I've learned in my older days...if you don't have trust you don't have nothing. Distance has nothing to do with it.
Amen, sister.
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:29 AM   #87
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkid420 View Post

THAT is the one thing that kept me away from LDR's. I learned the hard way.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:25 PM   #88
fatkid420
On Timeout

fatkid420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfatkid420 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post

Social networking is important. Nearly everyone has admirers and lovers from previous relationships on their MySpace and Facebook pages. Consider your long distance partner, and watch not only what you say, but what others say on your pages. It's not like if something gets misinterpreted, you can sit down over coffee together and discuss. That's hard enough, now put all those miles between you. Just consider your partner, as if they were there with you as you read a comment made by another on your page, or when you type a comment.
I deleted all my social networking accounts due to this exact issue, except baby momma lived with me and still it was an issue.
fatkid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #89
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
They suck.
They really do x.x I'm sorry v.v