Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default The Best Pizza I've Ever Had Was..........

I thought this had been posted before, but looked around and didn't find it, so I thought I'd ask.

Here's mine. DiLorenzo's Pizza in Hamilton and Trenton. Read the article, and believe.
http://slice.seriouseats.com/archive...nzos_toma.html

I'd love to read about everyone else's choices, hopefully with some pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20050124DLZHamiltonPie-thumb.jpg (33.8 KB, 526 views)
File Type: jpg 20050124DLZHudsonPie-thumb.jpg (33.7 KB, 527 views)
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Slamaga
An headbanger's journey

Slamaga can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSlamaga can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My favorite pizza of all time is a home-made pizza from a general store of Burke in Vermont. It is near Burke mountain. Hawaïan pizza from there is just divinely awesome.
everything of their host
the earth, bed of love
and life, all above
us, because of time
we can't live love beyond our time
Slamaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love Johns of Bleeker St., in Greenwich Village, personally. Their plain pies are perfection, somehow managing to be both thin and crispy yet chewy at the same time.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not usually into "gourmet" this or that kind of food, but there is a gourmet pizza restaurant in the city of Redlands, CA where I work that had one pizza that I really like. The pizza is called the "Brando", the ingredients are: Cream cheese, pesto sauce, pepperoni, sausage, cashews, angel hair pasta, green onions and mozzarella cheese.

The restaurant is called "The Gourmet Pizza Shoppe", and here is a link to a PDF of their menu (it will prompt a download...)

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

lots of places in Maryland have a crab pizza.. i love a particualr one that has crab meet and garlic and feta.
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have had some excellent pizza in my life, but by far, the best pizza I've ever eaten was at Difara's in Brooklyn. Had to wait two hours on line, but it was ENTIRELY WORTH IT. Seriously.
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #7
Neen
Free Spirit

Neen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNeen can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

at a general store on a tiny little island off maine
Old 05-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Track Town Pizza on Franklin in Eugene, OR. Wish I had pics- next time I go, I'll do that. Whenever I'm back in OR, I have to plan one meal here.

I get half barbecue chicken, half pepperoni/ground beef.

They get the pepperoni all crispy on the edges, and the crust is not like any other- not like brick oven, not like a cracker, not like NY pizza, not doughy, not Chicagoan. It's got some body, but some tenderness. The slices hold up well enough not to be floppy.

So good. I just crave good ol' Track Town, and nothing else I've tried comes close. Pretty sad to say that in NYC.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust Pizza!
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #10
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pizza Luce, Minneapolis,MN

cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Pizza Luce, Minneapolis,MN

Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #12
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Was at a little place in Gaeta Italy called Domelio's (sp? I haven't been there since 1970, my dad was stationed on the USS Spring-a-leak, er, Springfield).

Individual pizzas, fresh tomato sauce, fresh mozzarlla made with milk from the local water buffaloes, sprinkled with olive oil, topped with what ever meat you wanted and baked in a wood burning oven stoked by a hairy guy in a wife beater who spit into the saw dust he stoked it with. Pretty much a restaurant for the locals and US Navy folk. It was located in the old part of town far away from the tourist areas.

Took me about a year after we moved back before I could eat American pizza again.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #13
largebob280
Old Technology

largebob280 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslargebob280 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

One of my favorites is the special pizza at Dion's (many locations) in Albuquerque. New Mexico's got to be about the only place where you can get a pizza with more green chile than tomato sauce.
largebob280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

A local favorite for me is Harris Pizza. You can check out their menu here. This was just a plain sausage and pepperoni. However my favorites are, Chicken Santa Fe, The Rink and National Anthem!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HarrisPizza.jpg (61.9 KB, 364 views)
Old 05-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #15
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

there are two types of pizza I adore: Thin crust Napolitano style, and the best can be found at Pompeii in Bayonne, NJ, my hometown. Eat a slice or four of pie at the counter only because it doesn't travel well--the box steams it which totally screws the crispy thin crust effect.

The second type is called Old Forge-style and is mostly found in and around Old Forge, PA and North Scranton. I'm lucky enough to be in the area at least once a week. Sanmarios on Market Street in North Scranton is the cat's ass. It's sold in rectangular 'trays' as opposed to round pies. Plus they have an adjoining restaurant where the meatballs melt in your mouth and take-out porketta sandwiches that make you fall to your knees and praise jeebus.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
ladle
Back on Top

ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ladle has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I was in San Diego, my friend and I went out every night. After a few (and a few more) drinks each night we ended up going to the Gaslamp Pizza Bar, a tiny place serving the greatest pizza by the slice I have ever tried. I still yearn to return there soon!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #17
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
The second type is called Old Forge-style and is mostly found in and around Old Forge, PA and North Scranton. I'm lucky enough to be in the area at least once a week. Sanmarios on Market Street in North Scranton is the cat's ass. It's sold in rectangular 'trays' as opposed to round pies. Plus they have an adjoining restaurant where the meatballs melt in your mouth and take-out porketta sandwiches that make you fall to your knees and praise jeebus.
Just throwing it out there, I love PA mountain food. LOVE IT.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
Witch-King

Witch-King can now change their title

Mack and Mancos. And yes, no other pizza can beat that.
Witch-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #19
Cece Larue
Fire Starter

Cece Larue does more than just post hot picsCece Larue does more than just post hot picsCece Larue does more than just post hot picsCece Larue does more than just post hot pics

I just had the BEST pizza of my life last night... PieWorks... SO GOOD! I've been wanting to try it for ages but never got around to it.... I'm so glad we finally got around to trying it. I had the Spicy Crawfish pizza... Yum! And their breadsticks... magnifique! Take a look at their menu and all of the fun toppings you can put on your pizza! http://www.pieworks.com/

Not that it matters but the one I went to was on East Kings ... but I'm sure their other locations are just as wonderful.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #20
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Best by far for me is from Giordano's in Orland Park, Illinois. Their stuffed pizza is amazing, I usually get spinach, mushroom and extra cheese.

For traditional thin crust, has to be Traverso's in Tinley Park Illinois. Crust is thin, crispy, bubbly and they don't skimp on the toppings.

Gotta give an honorable mention to the original Home Run Inn, and NOT the frozen kind, but the fresh pizza from the restaurant. The crust is delicious and buttery.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #21
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The best pizza...was actually some that I made myself. I am not a good cook, but somehow I managed to cook the most awesome pizza one time. Never able to duplicate it.

I think it had something to do with the fresh red, yellow, and orange peppers and the fresh garden reddish orange and yellowy sweet tomatoes I used. Plus I used mozarella as well as some chedder.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #22
CameoRose

CameoRose can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cece Larue View Post
I just had the BEST pizza of my life last night... PieWorks... SO GOOD! I've been wanting to try it for ages but never got around to it.... I'm so glad we finally got around to trying it. I had the Spicy Crawfish pizza... Yum! And their breadsticks... magnifique! Take a look at their menu and all of the fun toppings you can put on your pizza! http://www.pieworks.com/

Not that it matters but the one I went to was on East Kings ... but I'm sure their other locations are just as wonderful.

OMG I miss PieWorks! I loved that place when I lived in Louisiana! I remember on Monday Nights they would have all you can eat pizza. They would put like 6 pies on the menu and you could order whatever you wanted. By far the best pizza I have ever had as well and I live in NYC now!
CameoRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #23
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Carmines Pizza in Chicago. I had it first when i was about 9 while visiting Chicago for a week. We had a stuffed pizza. So much cheese in/on that pizza that i fell in love. i went back to Chicago a few years later and talked my parents into driving me the hour out of our way just for more of that pizza. I have never had something with such yummy sauce and SOOO much cheese!! (i love me some cheese)
A close second was this restaurant: http://www.loumalnatis.com/ i went there, when Max was a baby, in Chicago. I went, not knowing it was famous, since it was next to my hotel. The crust on that pizza was divine. It was really tasty. I am also a sauce snob and loved the flavor of the sauce. (i don't like sugar filled sauce)
Old 05-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #24
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Not a pizza expert, but I had a great pizza on Monday.

It's a place called Tutta Bella, here in Seattle. They have a few shops in the area, but this was my first time. While it means next to nothing to me, they are the first pizza shop in the NW to receive something called Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN), certification. I guess that means I had an authentic Neapolitan pizza. Whoohoo.

http://www.tuttabellapizza.com/story/

It was a good pizza. We had the pancetta and tomato. I think I read that they bake these pizzas for 90 seconds. The kitchen area is open, so you can see the wood fire action. The house salad was also nice. These were the freshest veggies I have ever had at a pizza place..or really any restaurant, and the dressing was simple with a white balsamic. They put a glob of white beans on top...very nice touch.

If you are ever in Seattle, check it out. Also, our server was beautiful. He was the cherry on top.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #25
biggirlsrock
Cunning Linguist

biggirlsrock is a member of the 500 clubbiggirlsrock is a member of the 500 clubbiggirlsrock is a member of the 500 clubbiggirlsrock is a member of the 500 clubbiggirlsrock is a member of the 500 clubbiggirlsrock is a member of the 500 club
Default Toughe one...BUT

Sam's Pizza, 26th & Boardwalk in Wildwood NJ. Hands down, best pie I've ever had.