Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #51
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I will date any race as long as their a fatty.

Only had white dudes so far so cant really talk.

And Mike, I am a hot chick who is Italian (but most people think Im some kind of Spanish..)
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #52
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
And Mike, I am a hot chick who is Italian (but most people think Im some kind of Spanish..)
Ohhh gief!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #53
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

I have dated Black women but it usually hasn't progressed beyond the second date. The differences in life experience create a challenge or a gap (maybe a chasm) that can be difficult to overcome. The differences are very attractive at the same time, but here in the U.S. Blacks and Whites grow up almost speaking different languages --the same word may have entirely different meanings. Communication is the most important thing in a relationship and coming from different backgrounds makes that more difficult. I'm happy for those who can overcome the comminication barriers --after all people fall in love litterally speaking different languages. Realistically, though, there are extra challenges in interracial relationships, and not just because of prejudices in society.
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #54
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetbelly View Post
I have dated Black women but it usually hasn't progressed beyond the second date. The differences in life experience create a challenge or a gap (maybe a chasm) that can be difficult to overcome. The differences are very attractive at the same time, but here in the U.S. Blacks and Whites grow up almost speaking different languages --the same word may have entirely different meanings. Communication is the most important thing in a relationship and coming from different backgrounds makes that more difficult. I'm happy for those who can overcome the comminication barriers --after all people fall in love litterally speaking different languages. Realistically, though, there are extra challenges in interracial relationships, and not just because of prejudices in society.
Uuuuuuhhhh wow, that was kind of Stereotypical, and I might want to remove the "kind of" part. Chicken Legs and sync up VERY well together. She's black but I guess acts a little white, and apparently I'm white but act a little black (so I'm told). We have similar religious background. Religiously we both even branched out from our family's background and moved towards eastern teachings. We both love Techno and Metal, to me its the baddest thing in the world when I can put on a kick ass song and I catch her singing along too! RRRarrrr now that is HOT! She says that the fact we are both West Coast is part of it too. I'd say we even like the way we each others fashion sense lol.

Now that said, I've had good relationships, dates, and what-have-you with other black women who didn't have near as many commonalities. I gotta say I love them cute southern accents too heheh. I didn't find "differences" as a barrier. I usually think in terms of what works, not what doesn't work. What is it I want? What is it she wants, and how well does that match up?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #55
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

What constitutes acting "white" or "black?" I've always been curious about that.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 PM   #56
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2beme04 View Post
What constitutes acting "white" or "black?" I've always been curious about that.
Well I was a bit shocked the first time I got called a Wigger. I'm sure the fact that I date and sleep with black women alone is enough for some people to toss that label out. Now Chicken Legs is the first to point out I love Curvy Girls, I talk to much at the movies, I love Louisiana Hot-sauce on all things fried, and apparently I have a tendency to slip into a bit of street-slang without thinking about it.

I gotta say though, what if I wore Japanese clothes, dated Japanese women, loved Japanese food, spoke Japanese slang with accents and all? I've done a lot of that too but nobody has some weird name made up for that. I have been strongly associated to Japanese culture for a big chunk of my life now. Perhaps not as much as its been in the past.

Chicken wanted to point out that there aren't a lot of black guys she can talk to about chi, listen to metal & Techno with.
--------------
I'm not sure if any of that answers the question. I'm not even sure there is a "real" answer to your question. The only thing I can think of its not about acting a color, its about acting within the confines of a cultural background. The fact that most cultures are centered around a race or a "color" is kind of a duh. As the world gets smaller and mixes more, and more, at some point that way of thinking will be totally outmoded. I think thats what this thread is really about anyways. Is such blending Taboo to you or not.

Last edited by escapist; 05-10-2010 at 06:44 PM.
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #57
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
There lies the problem between the races in America, specifically white american men and black american women.....

Elsewhere in the world, these two groups have no problem dating and marrying each other. It's weird.

Maybe those black women you have dated feel awkward dating a white man. Because they have been told it is not right for them to date anybody but a black man. And you pick up the awkwardness.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #58
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

In all honesty, I have tried to date black men but they get totally weird on me because I have very light skin and like a variety of things that are not the norm in black culture. As a result, I usually avoid black men. One example is when I was dating a white guy and a black associate of his was very disturbed by it. It came to head when he attacked me and landed himself in jail because of it. So for me internal racism effects me more than external.

Side note, my ex-lover (black) found out I am dating Escapist and sicked his lawyers on me and now I'm paying child support in a 50/50 joint custody, and if I agree to stop seeing him and get back with him...he will drop the law suit.

Last edited by chicken legs; 05-10-2010 at 09:50 PM.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #59
escapist
Belt Buster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
There lies the problem between the races in America, specifically white american men and black american women.....

Elsewhere in the world, these two groups have no problem dating and marrying each other. It's weird.

Maybe those black women you have dated feel awkward dating a white man. Because they have been told it is not right for them to date anybody but a black man. And you pick up the awkwardness.
I was warned by one of my buddies there would be trouble from others with me dating my girl. At the time I was unaware of any kind of Taboo about light skinned girls dating white boy's. I've dated very dark girls in the past and it wasn't an issue. I did however notice looks almost instantly once Chicken and I started going out on dates. Some of the other darker women I knew gave her a TON of Shit and saying all sorts of crap to me once they knew we were together. It was all just very weird to me. To me CL is such a shy cute little thing, I couldn't imagine anybody hating on her; especially another sister, and even her own family! In fact it was her mom who calls me the "White Nigger", and many other colorful terms.

Last edited by escapist; 05-10-2010 at 09:50 PM.
escapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #60
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Well I was a bit shocked the first time I got called a Wigger. I'm sure the fact that I date and sleep with black women alone is enough for some people to toss that label out. Now Chicken Legs is the first to point out I love Curvy Girls, I talk to much at the movies, I love Louisiana Hot-sauce on all things fried, and apparently I have a tendency to slip into a bit of street-slang without thinking about it.

I gotta say though, what if I wore Japanese clothes, dated Japanese women, loved Japanese food, spoke Japanese slang with accents and all? I've done a lot of that too but nobody has some weird name made up for that. I have been strongly associated to Japanese culture for a big chunk of my life now. Perhaps not as much as its been in the past.

Chicken wanted to point out that there aren't a lot of black guys she can talk to about chi, listen to metal & Techno with.
--------------
I'm not sure if any of that answers the question. I'm not even sure there is a "real" answer to your question. The only thing I can think of its not about acting a color, its about acting within the confines of a cultural background. The fact that most cultures are centered around a race or a "color" is kind of a duh. As the world gets smaller and mixes more, and more, at some point that way of thinking will be totally outmoded. I think thats what this thread is really about anyways. Is such blending Taboo to you or not.
Oh god no, I think it's great that the world is mixing. No I was just curious, it always mystifies me when people say I act a certain race or whatever.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #61
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

OP: Certainly.

(I'm perplexed why there are two threads in play about interracial dating. Did I miss something? Is this really a taboo in 2010? Where?)
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #62
escapist
Belt Buster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdgujer148 View Post

(I'm perplexed why there are two threads in play about interracial dating. Did I miss something? Is this really a taboo in 2010? Where?)
Apparently so in the US.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:40 AM   #63
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus

AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics

For me, this would never be an issue. I have dated a Japanese woman and a black woman in the past (when I lived in New Jersey and Philadelphia...here in AZ there isn't so much variety of races).

If I ever ended up in a long-term relationship with a woman of another race, my parents would have the entire state of Texas' worth of cows, but it wouldn't influence my decision or my daily life at all. It all depends on the person herself.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:03 AM   #64
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

To be frank, I'm amazed that 'WOULD you date interacially' is a genuine question people are asking these days.

Being raised 'overseas', I always dated men of different races than myself- there was nothing exotic about it, they were just the people I met under those circumstances. Since moving to Australia, I've dated a few white dudes- first time in my life. I guess it's never been anything I've really considered
Old 05-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #65
Buffetbelly

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

Quote:

Good point. I know a number of inter-racial couples, and in every instance, there was more problem from the black person's family than from the white person's. Of course, I am from the North and it might be different in the South.

Many black women have a very legitimate reason for preferring black men. They have black children and want a same-race parter to help parent them.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #66
Buffetbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by succubus_dxb View Post
To be frank, I'm amazed that 'WOULD you date interacially' is a genuine question people are asking these days.
I agree --my response was on a related topic "Do inter-racial relationships present special challenges?"
Old 05-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #67
Buffetbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2beme04 View Post
Well, there are differences in speech that rise to the level of being mutually unintelligable. This classic clip from the movie "Airplane" illustrates the point humorously:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bhTxvzrUFo
Old 05-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #68
Paquito
don't July to me

Quote:
Well, there are differences in speech that rise to the level of being mutually unintelligable. This classic clip from the movie "Airplane" illustrates the point humorously:

Sorry, I forgot that every single black person talks like that. My mistake.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM   #69
MasterShake
My Fist, Your Face!

MasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitislove View Post
Wait, there's a difference?

(didyouseewhatididthere?)

But seriously, my preference is for Canadians or Europeans, as I WANT THE HELL OUT OF THIS COUNTRY AND NEEDZ TEH MARRIAGE CITIZENSHIPS!

Or, at the very least, someone from Seattle or Vegas to give me a good reason to move.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #70
KittyKitten

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdgujer148 View Post

I made the other thread in Hyde Park. I honestly did not see this thread till after I made the other one. It was pure coincidence. LOL
Old 05-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #71
KittyKitten

Quote:

Sorry I don't agree. The black people I know do not speak like that. The blacks I know are educated, middle class, and have self respect. I say this with a serious look on my face. You picked the most uneducated video you could find about blacks and apply this to the entire race. You are joking!

Then you added that 'mutually unintellible' line as if black people are stupid to you. You think you are so much better, don't you? Keep going, you are showing your true colors here to the world and offending the many decent black members of Dimensions.

And you wonder why you can't get past a second date from a black woman! LOL

You are mistaken if you even think most speak that crap. Sure they may use slang at times, but nothing so demeaning as what you just posted. I was feeling you until this point.

I guess I read your original post the wrong way thinking blacks and whites have different perceptions of culture (which is at times true) , but then you post this stuff.

It's people like you that make it hard for a woman of color like me to be taken seriously in this world even when I work hard, finish my degree, and try to carry myself in the real world with eloquence and class. I come from a good upbringing and my English is fine.

But you still see a 'ghetto, unintelligent black chick' no matter how hard we prove otherwise.

If you can't tell the difference between a black person with class and those who are not, then you have racial issues. Just like I can't say all white men speak like Jethro from the trailer park and are disgruntled teapartiers, pedophiles who scratch their testes and spit 'bacco. See how fun it is stereotyping people.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 05-11-2010 at 05:55 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:28 PM   #72
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Sorry I don't agree. )
Happy you totally over reacted and by your over reaction are being a shining example of the "angry black woman with no sense of humor" stereotype we see alllll ovvver the media.

Thanks.
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:35 PM   #73
KittyKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
Happy you totally over reacted and by your over reaction are being a shining example of the "angry black woman with no sense of humor" stereotype we see alllll ovvver the media.

Thanks.
You all know that I have a wild sense of humor on here. I can also be passionate about my views. Happyface83 is just Happyface83. I don't even think he was trying to be funny, he sounded serious. And I usually understand sardonic jokes.

And why is it when a black woman stands up for herself or what she believes is right, she is automatically called the 'angry black woman'. That is one way to try to mute her. If so it is...

Do you know they use that 'angry black woman' stereotype to silence us and make us passive?

I think black women are not angry enough at the injustices that plague them! Many have become too complacent! Many black women have the right to be angry at what society is doing to them.

I'm a light skinned woman of color just like you, didn't you see what was wrong with his post on how he stereotyped blacks as speaking unintelligible language? I don't know many blacks who talk like that. Then he went on to post why he can't get past a second date from a black woman. Don't you get tired of that?

Last edited by KittyKitten; 05-11-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #74
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'll have to agree with Chicken on his one. Not the "angry black woman" line, I don't give a damn about that.

I think you misinterpreted his post without properly understanding what he meant. He said that the video was HUMOROUS, not something he believed actually happened. And all he said was there were different cultural outlooks between him and black women that he couldn't overcome in a relationship, not that there was anything WRONG with black women. They just didn't fit well with him.

Anyway, that's how I read it.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #75
KittyKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
I'll have to agree with Chicken on his one. Not the "angry black woman" line, I don't give a damn about that.

I think you misinterpreted his post without properly understanding what he meant. He said that the video was HUMOROUS, not something he believed actually happened. And all he said was there were different cultural outlooks between him and black women that he couldn't overcome in a relationship, not that there was anything WRONG with black women. They just didn't fit well with him.

Anyway, that's how I read it.

If that is his intention then I will be woman enough to apologize for the post. But it didn't sound like that.

Quote:

In his original post he said he felt blacks and whites had different communication. Someone asks him what are those differences. Then he connects it with 'there are differences in speech that rise to the level of being mutually unintelligible'. That didn't sit well. That's the way I read it. That's my perception. So I'm deemed an 'angry black woman' for calling him out on it, therefore, muting me.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 05-11-2010 at 07:02 PM.