Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default To those who have written me wondering if I'm okay...

... and where I am.

First I want to thank those of you who have written to me, concerned and wondering how I'm doing and where I am. It's heartwarming that there are people here who really do care and I apologize for taking so long to check in. I will likely write you and direct you to this thread, even while apologizing for the impersonal nature of it; I'm just so busy, in lots of pain from my conditions, and just so exhausted -- mentally, emotionally and physically.

My son is in the hospital right now. It's not his first hospitalization; in fact, he's had many in the last 7-8 months or so, but he's worse than ever. Without going into fine detail it's for mental health issues. I'm not sure what will ultimately happen with him, as he's been turned down to immigrate here to Canada, has been turned down by social security disability (I've retained lawyers to fight that for him), hasn't been able to work for a long time so I'm his sole means of financial support, and has lost his housing. It's been so stressful and involved, all of this, that I barely have time to do anything but take care of his needs and the involved paper work and red tape in order to try to help him to be able to live some kind of a life after he's out of the hospital. I've hardly had time even to work, and have to squeeze that in.

I've also given up my moderating duties after a number of years, for a multitude of reasons, and though I don't intent to stop posting here, I just don't have much time for it. I'm not sure life has ever been this difficult -- ever. We all (myself, Eric and my son) have been having a very hard time of it. Thanks again for thinking of me, those of you who have written.

It feels a little funny grandstanding in order to talk about this, but I didn't want to put it in my jewelry thread, since not everyone reads it. For those who have read this, thank you.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Awww honey *GIANT HUG* I am so sorry to learn of all of this stress and strife in your life right now! Keep on keeping on and don't hestiate to PM me if you need to vent. We may not be bosum buddies and life long pals, but know I have always thought well of you. Just know that I do care and will be there for ya if you like!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Big squishy hugs, and lots of loving energy comming your way,
spiritangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Paul

Paul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't normally post in the BBW Forum, but upon seeing your post Tina I had to reply. I am so sorry life has become so hard lately. I don't know what to say but to let you know my prayers are with you. Things will get better, but may take a long time.

Tina,
Have you considered appealing your son's case to immigrate to Canada? Often in Canadian immigration cases families can receive help with the immigration appeal process by contacting your local federal MP and asking for his or her assistance. Helping an MP's constituents navigate goverment services such as immigration appeals, is considered part of an MP's duties.

Keep fighting for your son. Family members often need someone to fight for them as they navigate the health care system. It is even more important to have a family member advocate for mental health care. Your son is fortunate to have such a loving mother willing to fight to insure he is able to receive good care. If you do no agree with the hospital's treatment plan, fight back. Don't let them push a treatment plan on to your son, if in your heart it doesn't feel right. I know being an advocate must be hard long distance. My prayers are with you. Hopefully things will begin to change for the better.

My prayers are with you and your family. Please keep us updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
... and where I am.

First I want to thank those of you who have written to me, concerned and wondering how I'm doing and where I am. It's heartwarming that there are people here who really do care and I apologize for taking so long to check in. I will likely write you and direct you to this thread, even while apologizing for the impersonal nature of it; I'm just so busy, in lots of pain from my conditions, and just so exhausted -- mentally, emotionally and physically.

My son is in the hospital right now. It's not his first hospitalization; in fact, he's had many in the last 7-8 months or so, but he's worse than ever. Without going into fine detail it's for mental health issues. I'm not sure what will ultimately happen with him, as he's been turned down to immigrate here to Canada, has been turned down by social security disability (I've retained lawyers to fight that for him), hasn't been able to work for a long time so I'm his sole means of financial support, and has lost his housing. It's been so stressful and involved, all of this, that I barely have time to do anything but take care of his needs and the involved paper work and red tape in order to try to help him to be able to live some kind of a life after he's out of the hospital. I've hardly had time even to work, and have to squeeze that in.

I've also given up my moderating duties after a number of years, for a multitude of reasons, and though I don't intent to stop posting here, I just don't have much time for it. I'm not sure life has ever been this difficult -- ever. We all (myself, Eric and my son) have been having a very hard time of it. Thanks again for thinking of me, those of you who have written.

It feels a little funny grandstanding in order to talk about this, but I didn't want to put it in my jewelry thread, since not everyone reads it. For those who have read this, thank you.

I'm a Canadian.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just ((((HUGS)))).
Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tina, I hope the very best for you, Eric and your son...(((hugs))) and heartfelt prayers to you all.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

(((Tina)))

So sorry to hear all this has fallen on you. You and your family will be in my prayers.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm so sorry Tina. I'll light a candle for you and James.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tina, I too was worried about what was happening with you and your family. I hope your son can find some peace and a therapy that will help him live as normal a life as he can. I know how hard it is on you to deal with his illness long distance and to keep going back and forth across the continent to try and be a mother and caretaker.

I looked up a few links that should help you in dealing with appealing his being refused immigration to Canada. Some of the sites are public and some are private. Good luck with your quest. Don't give up. If you need some folks to write letters of recommendation, I can write one for you as a caretaker/business woman. Let me know.

M2M
Deborah

Canada Mental Health Association - http://www.cmha.ca/bins/index.asp

Medical Inadmissibility Problem - site of Canadian Immigration Attorneys Campbell and Cohen http://www.canadavisa.com/immigratio...ssibility.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canadian Government website - http://canada.gc.ca/home.html

Citizenship & Immigration site for the Canadian Government - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Appeals of Refused Canadian Immigration, also from the Immigration and Refugee Board http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/tribun...ges/index.aspx -

Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada a government site (below)
http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/pages/index.aspx -
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:45 AM   #10
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hugs from me too I hope things get better soon.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #11
velia
unabashedly obese

velia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this boardvelia carries a lot of weight on this board

Hugs for you, Tina. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you guys. Take care of yourself. I'll be sending good thoughts your way.
velia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #12
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You are all so dear. Thank you very, very much for the kind words, prayers, good thoughts and candle-lighting. We all appreciate it more than I can say.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 05-05-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
Theresa48

Theresa48 does more than just post hot picsTheresa48 does more than just post hot picsTheresa48 does more than just post hot pics

Tina, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers in the weeks to come. I hope things turn around for all of you. Many hugs!
Theresa48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:55 AM   #14
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

Tina, so sorry that you and your family have to go through this. My prayers are with you. *hugs*
Old 05-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
Tina
Older and wiser now

So many kind, caring people here. Thank you. Deb and Paul, thank you for the links. I'm bookmarking them now...

Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
Tina
Older and wiser now

I just checked my messages and rep messages and I'm very humbled. I'll be writing responses tomorrow, but just for now, before going to bed, I want to thank you all -- those of you who have posted here and who have sent me messages and rep messages, I don't have the words. "Thank you" seems so inadequate, and yet it's all I've got for now. Your kindness, compassion and empathy makes me feel very quiet and still with gratitude. Thank you.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #17
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tina, for whatever it is worth, most people are turned down for social security disability benefits after the first application. Just keep reapplying and it will work out. Get support for yourself if you can.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #18
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

sending lots and lots of good vibes your way x
Old 05-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #19
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tina,
First of all, thank you so much for being so open and honest about what you've been going through. I am glad you have been bolstered by all the responses. I will be adding you and your family to my prayers. As others have said, don't give up on the Social Security Disability benefits. My Mark has been receiving benefits for several years now, but it was very difficult getting all his ducks in a row before SSA signed off on the okay. Thankfully, he had experienced people helping him with the task. Mark went through the Betty Hardwick Clinic in Abilene when he applied for benefits (that and we have a good friend that has been in the counseling business for years). The counselors at the clinic coached him through the paperwork and explained how he should word his claim. If you need any advice on this, please feel free to PM me.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #20
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you! We leave tomorrow to go to an appointment in VT on Weds morning. I'm hoping we'll get some kind of good news then. Also hoping the attorney will know how to word the claim, Ella. I'd hope so, but I just might take you up on that. I'd hope that they'd know enough so that I shouldn't have to, but you never know these days...

Katherine, help for me? I just need a vacation in the tropics for two weeks with my husband. No phones, no computers, no worries. And strong beds.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
Tina
Older and wiser now

No good news. Still plugging along, crazy-busy, but keeping the faith.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 AM   #22
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can offer you a few days in tornado alley on a futon.

Not the same thing, is it?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #23
Tina
Older and wiser now

Heh! Not really, Jane, but I love you for the offer. Thank you.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #24
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well I'll trump that offer, and give her the couch in tornado alley. She can look at my jewelry. If she's good, she can have an air mattress in the birds' room.

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #25
Tina
Older and wiser now

I'd only pop it.