Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 06-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #26
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

vegetables and fruit...but lately I've really been into broiled fish. All kinds of fish. Just take a fillet, mist it with a little olive oil, a little salt and black pepper, broil it for about 10 minutes. That, combined with some vegetables, makes a yummy supper.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 AM   #27
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

to be honest,fish.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 PM   #28
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today's healthy food was brought to you by... spinach.

I put some in a spaghetti sauce and it was so good! Easy to do, adds a little something-something to the dish, and packs a lot of nutritional punch.

Mmmm. Spinach. It's what's for dinner.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #29
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Today's healthy food was brought to you by... spinach.

I put some in a spaghetti sauce and it was so good! Easy to do, adds a little something-something to the dish, and packs a lot of nutritional punch.

Mmmm. Spinach. It's what's for dinner.

i love Spinach,gotta have that Vitamin A.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #30
Bananaspills

Bananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 clubBananaspills is a member of the 500 club

My favourite healthy lunch lately... Tin of chickpeas, drizzle on some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and put it in the food processor to make a paste. Add some chopped green onions and tomatoes, and eat it with cream crackers, breadsticks or similar. Mmmmm...
Bananaspills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #31
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Salmon
Almonds
Fresh produce
Raw cacao
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #32
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Will I be shunned if I admit I love prunes?
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #33
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Will I be shunned if I admit I love prunes?
Shunned? No. Mocked mercilessly? Absolutely.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #34
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Shunned? No. Mocked mercilessly? Absolutely.
Oh you stop it, you young whippersnapper, you!

(oddly enoug, after a heapin' helpin' yesterday, I didn't ... 'go' as I thought I might, today).

Also? If one more person asks the question 'could it be perimenopause?' when I mention how I feel, I'm going to go off like Shark Week. Someone should train a camera on me now in order to capture the carnage.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #35
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love salad and fresh fruit. I can't get enough of them.

Oh and green beans, in any way, shape, or form.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #36
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love fresh spinach. I have been putting it on everything lately. I love that Subway offers it.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:21 AM   #37
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" Will I be shunned if I admit I love prunes? "

LOL, not by me because I love them too. Unfortunately I have to treat them like candy because of the (natural) sugar content. But, I usually keep a package in the pantry so that I can have a few for a treat now and then.

Tracy
Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #38
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There's a very pleasant, readable article on cooking with vegetables in the Guardian today.*

*Somehow I have bolluxed this up. The link will take you to a page from which you can do a search: typing in "the joy of veg" should do it.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns

Last edited by Dr. Feelgood; 08-27-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #39
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Fresh veggies & fruits
Ice cold water
Old 11-24-2011, 06:40 AM   #40
Windigo
The wolf spirit

Windigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized rep

Favorite healthy foods:

-Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
-Cherries, peaches, watermelon, pear, mangoes
-Cauliflower, bok choy, chicory, beetroots, onions, carrots, red bell peppers
-Potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole wheat spaghetti, pandan rice
-Whole wheat artisan bread
-Coconut oil, olive oil
-Goat's cheese, cottage cheese
-Smoked salmon , fresh tuna, halibut
-Steak, lamb fillet, chicken breast

Favorite healthy dishes:

-Fruit smoothies
-Salads with beet root and goat's cheese
-Sushi
-Curries
-Roasted veg and chicken from the oven
-Stir fries with lotsa veg and chicken or other meat
-Soups
-Spaghetti with a simple tomato sauce and some cheese
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #41
Wesley125

Hi dear,

I always take healthy and simple foods.
My favorite foods includes:
Milk,
Fresh fruits especially apple, orange, banana, grapes, date, and mango.
Raw vegetables especially carrot, cucumber, broccoli, and pumpkin.
Fresh fruit juice.
Chicken fried rice.
and Pizza.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #42
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley125 View Post
and Pizza.

A nutritionist friend of mine once told me that pizza is a pretty good deal nutritionally. According to her, you get your vitamin B complex in the crust, vitamins A and C in the tomato sauce, and both protein and calcium in the cheese. And you get even more benefits if you order a veggie pizza. This is nutritional information I can live with.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #43
bigpapi4u

bigpapi4u does more than just post hot picsbigpapi4u does more than just post hot picsbigpapi4u does more than just post hot picsbigpapi4u does more than just post hot pics

Mine are tuna or chicken salad
bigpapi4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #44
Olivio

Olivio has said some nice things
Default Your favorite healthy foods

size=20010 ways to stay healthy this winter season/size
Olivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #45
bbwprincess

bbwprincess has said some nice things

mashed cauliflower with butter
raisin ezekiel bread with jelly
bbwprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #46
EMH1701

I love fruits. I also like a lot of fresh veggies, but not all fresh veggies. And I'm weird about pineapple for some reason...like the flavor, hate the texture.

I also like nuts, especially raw almonds.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #47
seaturtle71

seaturtle71 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesseaturtle71 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Right now I am loving my homemade vegan split pea soup. I make it a couple of times a week. So good. I also love the tang that cranberries give to my smoothing. Sweet potatoes are great too. I LOVE frozen cherries with a frozen banana mixed with stevia and powdered cocoa. It is so damn good. I have been eating a lot of cashews lately too.
seaturtle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:18 AM   #48
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

my favorite healthier foods:
  • Myer lemons
  • apple cider vinegar
  • oatmeal
  • chocolate
  • asparagus
  • spinach
  • cantaloupe
  • avocados
  • Greek yogurt
  • tomato soup (made at home for the most part)
  • chili (made at home, mostly beans - sorry Texans lol)
  • raisins
yeah, I listed chocolate
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:22 PM   #49
seaturtle71

seaturtle71 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesseaturtle71 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default healthy foods i love

Right now I have an absolute obsession with the Indian spinach paneer at Trader Joes. I lightly steam a huge bunch of spinach, beet greens, mushrooms and then mix it in with the panneer. It at least triples the quantity with negligible calories added. This has been a great way to add in my greens. i hate eating salad in the winter and cant stomach green smoothies.

the only drawback is that Trader joe's is an absolute minefield for me. I love all the chocolate goodies. Especially the salted chocolate covered toffee and the amazing dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I restrict myself to visiting once a week because I end up walking out with a bag of goodies and I am trying to limit my sugar binges.
seaturtle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:53 AM   #50
ashishverma011

ashishverma011 can now change their title

I like to eat boiled chicken sauted in cumin seeds and olive oil. You can add basil leaves to add flavour. This recipe is full of protein and due to usage of boiled chicken, it is good for health as well. No excessive fat
ashishverma011 is offline   Reply With Quote