Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #76
SnapDragon
Filthy Letch

SnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSnapDragon can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
If i may ask a couple of questions...What genre of novel do you write? How easy/hard is it to publish?

I only ask because it's an ambition of mine to do the same and i'm wondering what kind of issues i'd have to deal with if i tried to publish.
Sure.

I write mainly science fiction and various bastard genres thereof such as SF-romance and so on. Getting published stinks and it's one of those things you need to have a real perseverance with if you want to get anywhere with it. I just seem to have had a compulsion to write since I was very young, and hence I was able to stick at it. Currently I have one book out and some more forthcoming in electronic format with an American independent publisher, and some other books planned in print from a different publisher, and also various short stories in magazines. Building an audience is all about getting writing, and keeping writing and keeping getting the writing out there.

If you want to improve your writing, I would recommend joining a critique group (I can suggest some but I'm not sure which ones would be appropriate as I don't know what genre you're considering). You can also try short stories, although if novels are your ultimate ambition I'd try to move on to novellas as quickly as you can, because the character and plot structure of them is much more similar to that of a novel and you can also sell them to electronic publishing houses.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me your email or whatever. :-)
Old 06-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #77
Gyrene
Buddha Belly

Gyrene can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGyrene can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
I write mainly science fiction and various bastard genres thereof such as SF-romance and so on.
Speaking of science fiction and the bastard genre's thereof ... have you seen "Gentlemen Bronco's" ?
Old 06-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #78
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapDragon View Post
Sure.

I write mainly science fiction and various bastard genres thereof such as SF-romance and so on. Getting published stinks and it's one of those things you need to have a real perseverance with if you want to get anywhere with it. I just seem to have had a compulsion to write since I was very young, and hence I was able to stick at it. Currently I have one book out and some more forthcoming in electronic format with an American independent publisher, and some other books planned in print from a different publisher, and also various short stories in magazines. Building an audience is all about getting writing, and keeping writing and keeping getting the writing out there.

If you want to improve your writing, I would recommend joining a critique group (I can suggest some but I'm not sure which ones would be appropriate as I don't know what genre you're considering). You can also try short stories, although if novels are your ultimate ambition I'd try to move on to novellas as quickly as you can, because the character and plot structure of them is much more similar to that of a novel and you can also sell them to electronic publishing houses.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me your email or whatever. :-)
This advice is soooooooo appreciated, thanks very much SnapDragon
rellis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #79
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
This advice is soooooooo appreciated, thanks very much SnapDragon
This is an honest question, swear. No trying to make fun here. The stuff you want published isn't wrestling fan fiction is it?
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #80
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
This is an honest question, swear. No trying to make fun here. The stuff you want published isn't wrestling fan fiction is it?
I havent actually written anything i intend to be published, but when i do it wont be wrestling related. In fact the ideas i have are coincidentally based around sci-fi like SnapDragon's.
rellis10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:13 PM   #81
mantis_shrimp

mantis_shrimp has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Awesome, I've actually just started looking for a ukulele to buy. This must be a sign.
Baritones are great. I got a mahalo for about 50 US and it sounds quite nice.
mantis_shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #82
Tenacious Dave

Tenacious Dave can now change their title
Exclamation

I guess my hobby would be Photography! i studied it at College also!
im not great but i do try my best lol

heres one of my photographs and also a link to the folder showing all my Photography work on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...3058313&ref=pb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0390pp.jpg (114.9 KB, 219 views)
Tenacious Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #83
kristineirl
memento mori

kristineirl has super-sized repkristineirl has super-sized repkristineirl has super-sized repkristineirl has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious Dave View Post
I guess my hobby would be Photography! i studied it at College also!
im not great but i do try my best lol

heres one of my photographs and also a link to the folder showing all my Photography work on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...3058313&ref=pb
!

excellent work! after a review of your work, i fell in love with this photograph
kristineirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 AM   #84
Tenacious Dave

Tenacious Dave can now change their title
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristineirl View Post
!

excellent work! after a review of your work, i fell in love with this photograph
Thankyou its good to hear you like it! really do appreciate it
Tenacious Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #85
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I liked this thread and it's been dead for a long time.

This is my latest hobby.

DE Shaving.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #86
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oooh! So nice to see guys use these razors again. My grandfather used one like the one pictured and I even learned to shave my legs with one of these. Got good enough to never leave a nick. My sons bought one and like the better shave they give, but they tend to go the lazy route with the electric razor

Quote:
I liked this thread and it's been dead for a long time.

This is my latest hobby.

DE Shaving.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #87
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Oooh! So nice to see guys use these razors again. My grandfather used one like the one pictured and I even learned to shave my legs with one of these. Got good enough to never leave a nick. My sons bought one and like the better shave they give, but they tend to go the lazy route with the electric razor
I absolutely love it. It gives such a great shave. Shaving has become less of a "chore" now and it's become more of an indulgence I really enjoy.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #88
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

I personally think it is better for the face. It cuts better so less pulling of the hair and less likelihood to end up with a lot of facial irritation

Quote:
I absolutely love it. It gives such a great shave. Shaving has become less of a "chore" now and it's become more of an indulgence I really enjoy.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #89
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I liked this thread and it's been dead for a long time. This is my latest hobby.DE Shaving.

That is freakin' awesome sir. My grandfather taught me how to shave with one of those style of razors. He had an old one that he would close with no blade in for me since I didn't have whiskers yet. He would lather up my face and show me how to do it along with him as he shaved. Thank you for bringing up a long-forgotten but really great memory.

I have wanted to find one like that for some time now. Seeing your kit there definitely makes me want to go find one.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #90
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep

I made this last night. Hiphop music. It's unpolished, but a tentative step toward figuring it all out. +5 if you can name the movie the samples were lifted from.

https://soundcloud.com/cypherpunks/o...me-in-the-west
Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #91
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetypus View Post
I made this last night. Hiphop music. It's unpolished, but a tentative step toward figuring it all out. +5 if you can name the movie the samples were lifted from.

Nice beat. I also like your other one posted too.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #92
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I don't know what movie the samples are from, but the sounds are very chill. You should join us in the "Got Talent" thread, it gets lonely in there sometimes...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #93
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep

Thanks fellas. Leo, that other track is quite old and not too representative of what I'm trying to do these days, but thanks!

MattB, I dunno how much talent this shows, but when I lay the vocals I will post in there.
Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:01 AM   #94
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Thanks fellas. Leo, that other track is quite old and not too representative of what I'm trying to do these days, but thanks!

MattB, I dunno how much talent this shows, but when I lay the vocals I will post in there.
Older stuff is good too. It shows you where you were and where you have come. Sometimes your older songs can be cringe worthy when you measure them against your newest, but it's always cool to be able to look back and see how you gain your own "voice" and hone your craft.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #95
big_lad27

big_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going onbig_lad27 knows EXACTLY what's going on

I do some photo manipulation using photoshop now and again when I have the time, guess it's a hobby - This is one of my latest, my mother, cousin and my aunty

big_lad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #96
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_lad27 View Post
I do some photo manipulation using photoshop now and again when I have the time, guess it's a hobby - This is one of my latest, my mother, cousin and my aunty
very cool....
Old 08-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #97
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I need a new hobby.

I guess gardening is my latest one? Though I don't think of it as a hobby, more of a lifestyle.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #98
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
I need a new hobby.

I guess gardening is my latest one? Though I don't think of it as a hobby, more of a lifestyle.
In your case, more of a spiritual calling than anything.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote