Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default "All the nice girls love a bastard!"

Not at all copy and pasted from another thread here

What's your experience with this phenomenon?
Ever been turned down in favour of a bastard?
Ever been the bastard?
Are there different types of bastard?
Has the word bastard now lost all meaning?
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
LovesBigMen
Poco G. leave it there xD

LovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized rep

What's your experience with this phenomenon?

My experience with this phenomenon is that I dislike bastard very much so and when a big guy is a basterd its sad cause why be like that with a great body.

And I call them douch bags personaly haha
Old 05-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You're assuming we're nice girls, of course.

But no. Unless he's just faking the bastardocity, and he's actually a nice guy, no.

Edit, I never understand girls who do. Why? There are tons of great guys running around trying tp spread the love, why do you go for the jerkface?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's actually happened twice; a few days after I told said girls what a bastard said bastard was.

First one was a crush. Second was a recent ex. I thought she actually did it to spite me but they're still together so I wonder. In both cases, the bastards were compulsive cheaters.

freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've lost out to a bastard a few times and seen my mom and two sisters with a seemingly never-ending lineup of them. I've tried to explain it but just can't seem to find the true source of the problem.
Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
warwagon86
All Over The World

warwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticed

never lost out to the bastard

lost out to the other nice guy before but thats all good

but im a firm believer in karma and what goes around comes around!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

pretty sure that is a lesson I have learnt re learnt and moved on from

a friend pointed out to me mayby the universe is testing me by sending me the worst type of guys (who are seeking me out btw I havent actually been looking) and every one of them is getting turned down

although some guys are really really really good at hiding that side of themselves and as in the case of my ex really good at changing just long enough to re bait the hook before turning back into an arse again

I am just at that place where I dont want the added drama and want a guy to want me for me I want a great guy and sometimes that can be like finding a needle in a haystack
Old 05-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
LovesBigMen
Poco G. leave it there xD

LovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post

I am just at that place where I dont want the added drama and want a guy to want me for me I want a great guy and sometimes that can be like finding a needle in a haystack
Or a needle in needles
Old 05-16-2010, 07:14 PM   #9
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think some women mistake bastardism for confidence. They kinda look the same on the surface, its takes a while to really discern the difference.
Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #10
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
I think some women mistake bastardism for confidence. They kinda look the same on the surface, its takes a while to really discern the difference.
oh no there is a huge difference and there is a differnce in the types of confidence to cause a guy who is cocky is a total turn off (well for me)

but someone who is quietly confident or who radiates that they are happy within themselves that is a confidence that inspires
Old 05-16-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

To some I am "The Bastard", to others I am not. I believe firmly in having a well rounded personality. This means embracing your "inner-bastard", and your "kindly-saint". When one denies aspects of his or her personality that are meant are there for a reason they loose out on the advantages those traits give them (not to mention creates a wonderful fiction where they are always "the good guy"). Often people reject there "inner-bastard" while simultaneously adopting a "Victim Nice-Guy" mentality. Call it Karma if you will but yeah I think life will repay you what you give out, so I do not need to waste my time worrying about if someone is going to "Get theirs" in the end. Instead I get to spend my life being the man I want to be. Free from worrying if I'm a wuss, bastard, or a nice guy. I get to just be me, and enjoy what comes from that

...In my experience women love that guy more than "The Nice Guy" or "The Bastard", because he's a nice guy to her, and a bastard to others when he has to be (aka he has a heart, and Balls of steel).
Old 05-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
I think often what people fail to realize its the STRONG personality that people react to. Strong personality traits are a major part of attraction. Strong personalities traits are not always good, but they always get a response and a reaction. Confidence is part of a strong personality. Bastardism is what you get when mix confidence with a lack of compassion and social graces. There is, believe it or not, an appropriate time and place for such a thing. I just have a hard time believing that time and place is every day, or even every week unless you live in a complete hell-hole or a war zone.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #13
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I for one am the friend of someone who I am constantly advizing on the bastard tendencies of all four of her past boyfriends. With her it is a tendency to connect to people who can put up with and then deal back her crap (she's a bitch in all the best ways), but the problem is the people who do that are typically dillweeds.

That said, escapist is definitely right about strong personalities. People like people who are capable of being the center of attention. It's a draw. The problem with this is that this capability also tends to come with cockiness, a sense of entitlement, the social kind of god-complex, and in some cases a disturbed sense of the reality of situations and people around you.

i.e. the cast of Jersey Shore.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I should probably just keep my fat mouth shut...but...I like some bastardly qualities, because quite frankly, I can be a real asshole myself. Also, sometimes you don't realize....or want to admit...that you're with a bastard.

Come to think of it, I've never met a "nice guy." Really....now isn't that strange?

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #15
escapist
Belt Buster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post
I for one am the friend of someone who I am constantly advizing on the bastard tendencies of all four of her past boyfriends. With her it is a tendency to connect to people who can put up with and then deal back her crap (she's a bitch in all the best ways), but the problem is the people who do that are typically dillweeds.

That said, escapist is definitely right about strong personalities. People like people who are capable of being the center of attention. It's a draw. The problem with this is that this capability also tends to come with cockiness, a sense of entitlement, the social kind of god-complex, and in some cases a disturbed sense of the reality of situations and people around you.

i.e. the cast of Jersey Shore.
Bingo, exactly what I'm saying! I think it would be amazing if everybody could learn to adapt a bit of whatever it is they are lacking. The nice guy's get a bit of meanness or whatever you want to call it, and the A-holes develop a bit of the "nice-guy". It really did work wonders for me. Sure I rub people the wrong way sometimes, but who know me know I'm 98% nice guy even if I look like a pissed off HULK at the moment.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:13 AM   #16
spiritangel
AmandaClause

I think there is a total difference between being a bastard and being strong and standing up for the people you love and what you view as right/wrong

that could just be me though
Old 05-17-2010, 03:35 AM   #17
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good thread!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #18
escapist
Belt Buster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
I should probably just keep my fat mouth shut...but...I like some bastardly qualities, because quite frankly, I can be a real asshole myself. Also, sometimes you don't realize....or want to admit...that you're with a bastard.

Come to think of it, I've never met a "nice guy." Really....now isn't that strange?
Yep, thats because most people read a "Nice Guy" as being false or worse. You can have nice guy qualities, and Bastard qualities, but if you if you have to much of either your probably just not any-good for anybody.

Like I said, to some I've been the bastard. I've also been the "nice guy". I've been the emotional tampon to soak up the mess left behind by some jerk that really didn't give a damn. Out of all of them I know which one left me feeling just fine about myself and got me everything I wanted in life without compromising my values. I know which one made me feel like the looser in a race I was always last in. I also know which one never got me to the place I really wanted to go. The simple fact was 90% of the time the guy calling me a bastard was the one who felt like he lost something when really he didn't have a huge chance to get in the first place.

I've never had any ex call me a bastard or been so unattracted she never wanted to see me again. So I couldn't have been so bad I was beyond reproach or forgiveness could I have? I've only had other guys call me "The Bastard". These are the same guys that can never see someone winning a game via skill, but instead call it "pure luck". These are the same guys that don't see other men of quality, worthy competitors that test their steel. I know because like I said, I used to be one of those guys.

Now days I have a very different view of "The bastard's". Now I see the guy that uses his quick wit in a conversation as someone on my level. I see the guy who try's to bump me out of the conversation often as a the the guy now giving me an opportunity to display my own personality and awareness of social dynamics and create the attraction I'm looking for.

Well here, this link shows exactly what I'm talking about.

All life is subjective to the point you are looking at it from and that view changes from moment to moment, and experience to experience. Hell in 20 more years I might think very differently about all this...maybe not, but what do I know, I got 20 more years till I can tell you about it
Old 05-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #19
talpa

talpa can now change their title

Fictitious bastards? Hot.
Real life bastards? Not.
talpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:20 AM   #20
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Yeah, it did that when it stopped meaning 'child of unmarried parents' and became 'uncouth, self-centred, nasty...."
Old 05-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #21
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Yep, thats because most people read a "Nice Guy" as being false or worse. You can have nice guy qualities, and Bastard qualities, but if you if you have to much of either your probably just not any-good for anybody.

Like I said, to some I've been the bastard. I've also been the "nice guy". I've been the emotional tampon to soak up the mess left behind by some jerk that really didn't give a damn. Out of all of them I know which one left me feeling just fine about myself and got me everything I wanted in life without compromising my values. I know which one made me feel like the looser in a race I was always last in. I also know which one never got me to the place I really wanted to go. The simple fact was 90% of the time the guy calling me a bastard was the one who felt like he lost something when really he didn't have a huge chance to get in the first place.

I've never had any ex call me a bastard or been so unattracted she never wanted to see me again. So I couldn't have been so bad I was beyond reproach or forgiveness could I have? I've only had other guys call me "The Bastard". These are the same guys that can never see someone winning a game via skill, but instead call it "pure luck". These are the same guys that don't see other men of quality, worthy competitors that test their steel. I know because like I said, I used to be one of those guys.

Now days I have a very different view of "The bastard's". Now I see the guy that uses his quick wit in a conversation as someone on my level. I see the guy who try's to bump me out of the conversation often as a the the guy now giving me an opportunity to display my own personality and awareness of social dynamics and create the attraction I'm looking for.

Well here, this link shows exactly what I'm talking about.

All life is subjective to the point you are looking at it from and that view changes from moment to moment, and experience to experience. Hell in 20 more years I might think very differently about all this...maybe not, but what do I know, I got 20 more years till I can tell you about it
Good link, although I'd've said the fella that Matt Damon's character was debating wasn't so much a bastard... more of a knobhead... certainly Matt Damon showed the successful, ruthless bastard right there tho'...

Oh just btw, slightly at a tangent to the thread - here's a link to an odd little comic about the Nice Guy vs. the "Nice Guy"... from one chick's POV anyhow...
http://www.gurl.com/showoff/comix/pa...4667-2,00.html

Last edited by joswitch; 05-17-2010 at 12:21 PM.
joswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:33 PM   #22
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyfred View Post
It's actually happened twice; a few days after I told said girls what a bastard said bastard was.

First one was a crush. Second was a recent ex. I thought she actually did it to spite me but they're still together so I wonder. In both cases, the bastards were compulsive cheaters.
Why would women want a bloke who cheats? ....

Evolutionary theory says it's cos his genes make him attractive to women.
And if the woman in question is able to pass those genes on to a son - who can potentially father thousands, in contrast with a daughter who can maybe mother a dozen or so - then her genes will be spread more widely.
That's the ("sexy son") theory anyway... and there's some supporting evidence....
http://moreintelligentlife.com/conte...xey/whos-daddy

Of course natural selection doesn't select for "happy"... Just for "having many offspring"....
Old 05-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #23
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Not really. I think many women love a man who is strong, confident, protective of his woman, and who is sure of himself.

That "women want jerks" bs is spewed mostly by weak men who have low self esteem and can't score because they lack confidence, charisma, and strength!!!!

It is true many young girls go for the truly bad boys, but a lot of women grow out of that stuff.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
RJI
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

RJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging in

Girls love a "Bad Boy"

I like to consider myself a nice guy but with an edge and supreme confidence.

:eat1:
RJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #25
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

IME...

If they call you a "nice guy" to your face and sound like they mean it.
It's either going nowhere, or if you were already somewhere... you're going to be single inside of a week.

This doesn't mean they want a bastard. It just means they don't want you.

Your mileage may vary.

S.