Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #26
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I walk away from at least three explosions a day without looking back and have yet to find my soul mate. Pretty sure if that doesn't work then nothing works.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #27
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
Good link, although I'd've said the fella that Matt Damon's character was debating wasn't so much a bastard... more of a knobhead... certainly Matt Damon showed the successful, ruthless bastard right there tho'...

Oh just btw, slightly at a tangent to the thread - here's a link to an odd little comic about the Nice Guy vs. the "Nice Guy"... from one chick's POV anyhow...
http://www.gurl.com/showoff/comix/pa...4667-2,00.html
Yep, pretty much what I'm talking about. No he wasn't "a bastard" because he lost. His character was such how ever that the moment he realized he lost the verbal judo match decided that he needed to toss out that he had money, and that made him more valuable than the guy he lost too. Why? Because, its self defense mechanism used by some to protect there own self-image; that they could never truly loose to someone of lesser value. In other words in the end he doesn't have to call the other guy a bastard, because he can't even conceive of him on that level.

Conversely think if he had won though. Pretty easy to see how he was a jerk (aka a bastard) for trying to use "how smart I am/how dumb are you" logic debates to lower someone else's social value. His buddy however stepped in (very cool move if you ask me) and preserved his friends value by blowing the other guy out and calling him out on his cheep tactics.

With your tangent topic, yeah that form of "nice-guy" is the guy who is willing to be an emotional-tampon. He will suck up all the crap, every ounce of stuff he should never touch, just on the hope that one day you will see what he perceives as "His true value" (being a REAL "nice-guy"). Its such a weak position the guy doing this has no clue who truly disgusting his tactic is. Often this is the same friend who is just waiting for that 1 chance he has in a time when you really need him to get into your panties. Its what he's been wanting from the first day he became your BFF/guy friend.

I had a friend once in that position. He deluded himself in ways I can't even fully compute. I advised him that he needed to tell the woman, "I'm sorry for what your going though, but I like you to much to hear about the other guys your dating. I don't want to be your Bestest-Friend, I want to be your boyfriend". He came back with, but I am her friend, I care, I have a duty as her friend to listen to it...bla, bla, bla, bla. I told him well enjoy your life in the friend zone. You are officially making yourself to "SAFE" to every be considered as something exciting and pursued....and guess what, I was right. Years later. She hardly even talks to him now. Even though there was a time she would call him in the middle of the night and he would rush over there to comfort her as her "truest friend". I don't know why he could admit to me he wanted to be her boyfriend, but not her. He couldn't get the logic that if he wanted to be her boyfriend he had to think like he was boyfriend material. Not BFF material, cause guess what. The moment she found a guy with a stronger attraction pull on her, she stopped calling. No more slumber parties, no more getting drunk, 1/2 naked make-outs with her "BFF"....PS this was a much old guy (I'm in my 30's) who by his own admittance "never gone there" with a girl.

Yes there is always the exception to everything, but on this one...probably not that often. If your a guy who thinks like this. Give it up now. Admit to yourself you want more than to be her BFF! You want the girl. I don't mean that in any trashy respects either. It can be with all the love and respect you feel she deserves. Answer me this though, if you think like that then doesn't she deserve to know how you really feel about it? If not in word, how about in deed? You don't have to go kneel and declare your love for her (never do that unless you have evidence of her attraction for you already) you can just start acting like a guy who is just the kind of strong confident man you feel she really deserves. Break free of the trap that leads you down a path where you will never get what you really want.

(how's that for going off on a tangent?)

Quote:
Why would women want a bloke who cheats? ....

Evolutionary theory says it's cos his genes make him attractive to women.
And if the woman in question is able to pass those genes on to a son - who can potentially father thousands, in contrast with a daughter who can maybe mother a dozen or so - then her genes will be spread more widely.
That's the ("sexy son") theory anyway... and there's some supporting evidence....
http://moreintelligentlife.com/conte...xey/whos-daddy

Of course natural selection doesn't select for "happy"... Just for "having many offspring"....
Yep, I've said it many times. Attraction does not care what you or anybody else thinks. It only cares what you feel! The stronger you feel it the more you care. This is why you can be strongly attracted to someone you almost HATE! An Attraction Artist (and those who are just pure naturals at creating attraction) will often use such things to their advantage and purposefully pump emotional states. Even if this means teasing playful banter, and worse "bastard" behavior. I personally believe the more use of "bastard" behavior the less they truly understand attraction.

I have heard horror stories of guy's who go in both gun's blazing in full bastard mode because they have pumped their own emotional states so they can blow out other guys and just DOMINATE everyone and everything in their path. Sure it can work, but OMG who really wants to be that guy at the end of the day, just to get laid? I can hardly imagine anybody would do that trying to create a life-long relationship. I'm sure if he is a cheater on top of all of it, it just adds to his "Bastard-Factor" attraction game.

I'm rather certain if swingers on this forum spoke about their openness you would find out that being open and honest rarely ever killed their attraction levels with anybody. If it did, it was probably with someone they didn't really want as a partner anyways due to miss-match of values. I'm sure its never hurt good ol' Heff.

All that said, Cheaters just kind of suck IMO. Just be honest about it with those you intend on having relationships with. Better to face the music from the start rather than trash someone else's life because you knew all along you were going to do it if the chance came up. If you don't like what that does with people you are courting, maybe you shouldn't court them...or maybe you should stop cheating all together?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #28
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
IME...

If they call you a "nice guy" to your face and sound like they mean it.
It's either going nowhere, or if you were already somewhere... you're going to be single inside of a week.

This doesn't mean they want a bastard. It just means they don't want you.

Your mileage may vary.

S.
Freaking hell, I LOVE THAT! Spot on my friend, spot on!

Usually guy's who are there or are going there forget that she has to feel some attraction for you rather early on. If she doesn't probably best to just move on. Sure sometimes it can be turned around, but not without learning some stuff you obviously missed in the first place. If you don't truly understand attraction, what it is and what it isn't, when you have it and when you don't. You have little chance of knowing how to flip the "reset switch" and start over (which is what you have to do). It is a totally do over, and worse; you now have experiences with her that tell her you are not dating/mate material. That is why its easier to move on.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #29
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My first boyfriend was a not-so-nice "nice guy" like in the comic. Anyway, he sent me this at one point, he was paranoid that I'd leave him for some "bad boy".

Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #30
escapist
Belt Buster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
My first boyfriend was a not-so-nice "nice guy" like in the comic. Anyway, he sent me this at one point, he was paranoid that I'd leave him for some "bad boy".

Can we say manipulative, creepy, and insecure? Many people fear the unknown. Sometimes in can become an all-consuming, self-fulfilling, prophecy. I do my best not to voice my insecurities (but nobody is prefect). I just know that letting to much of the seep out can be VERY unattractive.... in fact its more like an Attraction OBLITERATOR! EEK!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:34 PM   #31
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
That "women want jerks" bs is spewed mostly by weak men who have low self esteem and can't score because they lack confidence, charisma, and strength!!!!
See I take issue with this because, well, I've been thought of as a bastard more than once for all the wrong reasons. I feel that weak men are a byproduct of the feminist revolution. Women scream and pitch fits when men aren't passive(witness any number of threads here on dims where I suggest that I'd rather lead a more traditional life with a wife who considers raising children a full time job), and then all too often they turn around and talk shit about passive men. I don't even want to think about how many times I've seen "nice" equated with boring. It's all very ridiculous. We would pity a woman who panders the same way some of these men do.

I say the key for men is finding a woman who lets them be themselves. Passive or Aggressive. Kind or dastardly. Mostly human.
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #32
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was married to one of those "douche nozzles" and to this day I don't regret kicking him to the curb.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #33
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Also, there are certain woman who go after men with issues in order to CHANGE THEM. They have that maternal instinct and feel sorry for the man and put up with crap hoping he will 'see the light'. LOL. They need to stop being heroines. You can't change a man, he can only change himself. The male equivalent in some circles is called, pardon me, 'Captain Save-a-ho'.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:44 AM   #34
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
Also, there are certain woman who go after men with issues in order to CHANGE THEM. They have that maternal instinct and feel sorry for the man and put up with crap hoping he will 'see the light'. LOL. They need to stop being heroines. You can't change a man, he can only change himself. The male equivalent in some circles is called, pardon me, 'Captain Save-a-ho'.
Urg, I know too many girls like this.
"So how's the new boyfriend?"
"Oh, he's nice, but he's clinically psychotic, not taking medication for it, and has a meth problem."

Honest to god, real words from one of my classmates. WHY? The way I see it, there are tons of perfectly healthy, balanced, independent guys around, why do they feel the need to mother someone with baggage?

Hahaha, ATTRACTION OBLITERATOR. It sounds like a super-villain.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #35
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

At some point I clicked, or didn’t click, or something, and ended up on the mailing list for dating advice from a guy, I think the name was David Dangelo but I may have it slightly off. He of course is selling a system, but the newsletters gave you the basics, and it came down to:
1) be cocky and funny (but not mean)
2) never woo a woman, that is passing power over to her. Make her earn approval from you instead.
3) always keep in mind that there are plenty of fish in the sea, so never fixate on one who is not interested.

What I found interesting was that a couple of my friends, in their younger days, scored with a lot of women, and that was pretty much their approach. Interesting to me was that none of those women turned into long term relationships for them. Actually one of those guys was not a long ways off from being misogynistic, and I think it helped his ‘game’ that he didn’t really have any interest in impressing women for the long term, because he really didn’t care for their company that much outside of bed. He was actually quite honest about what he was looking for, and that seemed to work.

Actually, maybe honesty is the biggest key. I wonder if the defining characteristic of the ‘nice’ (but not really) guy is the lack of honesty. He acts nice because he thinks that is what will get him what he wants. Wouldn’t most people prefer to deal with someone who was honest, even if they weren’t acting nice? It is like when shopping, do you want the sales person who will tell you whatever they think you want to hear, in order to make a sale, or the one who will actually level with you? Personally once I realize I have one of the former I completely tune them out, and if they are too annoying I’ll leave the store just to make sure they don’t’ get a sale off of me.

I’m sure there is a lot to having that sort of big, dominating, personality, as Escapist was talking about. But I don’t think it is essential in dating. I really think that living with reasonable degrees of honesty about who you are and what you want, having enthusiasm for what brings you joy in life, and being willing to put effort into building a relationship rather than just pleasing the other person should be sufficient for most people. Just based on my experience and observations. No warranty express or implied. YMMV. One size does not fit all.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #36
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
One size does not fit all.
I dispute this. Outsize ponchoes.

I find I get on better with women when I'm cocky, though as has been pointed out that adds up to nothing if they don't find you attractive.
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #37
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
I dispute this. Outsize ponchoes.
Does anyone wear ponchoes?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #38
MasterShake
My Fist, Your Face!

MasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticed

Meh, women are people and people are dumb.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #39
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post
Girls love a "Bad Boy"

I like to consider myself a nice guy but with an edge and supreme confidence.
This coming from a guy who uses the ultimate super villain Heat Miser as his avatar. :P
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #40
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Does anyone wear ponchoes?
I've worn them, but only one at a time. I have not yet progressed into the multiple poncho club.
Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #41
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Everyone seems to be using descriptives like 'strong personality', 'dominant', 'bad naughty boy' etc. but there are quite a few bastards out there who are sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels. While a bastard may be desirable sexually or evolutionarily (iz that a wurd?) that's one gene-pool polluter that defies comprehension.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #42
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

ambitious girls like a challenge.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #43
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Everyone seems to be using descriptives like 'strong personality', 'dominant', 'bad naughty boy' etc. but there are quite a few bastards out there who are sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels. While a bastard may be desirable sexually or evolutionarily (iz that a wurd?) that's one gene-pool polluter that defies comprehension.
I like to imagine that you're wearing a big black ten gallon hat, loading your rifle and squinting into the sun while you mutter "sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels"... made me lol!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #44
escapist
Belt Buster!

Quote:
I like to imagine that you're wearing a big black ten gallon hat, loading your rifle and squinting into the sun while you mutter "sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels"... made me lol!
"yup, you got that right partner."

Quote:

Hahaha, ATTRACTION OBLITERATOR. It sounds like a super-villain.
I was thinking more like a Super Cool Manga Weapon, "Hahahah, you will never survive a blast from my ATTRACTION OBLITERATOR CANNON!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
....Uhh, all the stuff you said...
Yeah so I'm sure a lot of what I say sounds familiar to you then. David DeAngela is one of the Attraction Guru's that I most closely identify with. We have very different personalities, and he has a far more dry style of comedy. He has certainly inspired a lot of my own methods and thoughts on the whole matter. I'd say the biggest one was. Work on yourself, don't work on women. When I do a class, a workshop, and whatnot, one of the first things I start with is "Who do you want to be". Most guys don't want to be a bastard (some really don't care). Some guys don't even realize they aren't even being the man they want to be. They know what they identify as strong honorable traits but then don't even try to live up to them. Its to easy to get caught up in the grind of having a job, going to school, or whatever else.

"2) never woo a woman, that is passing power over to her. Make her earn approval from you instead."

Just to clarify, he's not talking about being an A'hole who sets up a series of test and crap. He really means, just don't be needy and approval seeking yourself. He's not talking about when you have that attraction and love building that you shouldn't take her on a date, and get her gifts. He only means don't use those methods to create attraction, because "Stuff" will not make someone love you. I've actually had more than one person try that approach on me, and yeah....its not cute or attractive.

----------------

To others who have commented about cocky comedy, yeah if you can figure out what it really is and how it really works without hurting someones feelings it can be a Magic Bullet. Not to mention it really is just fun to be out, having a very attractive woman on your arm, and her busting as she enjoy's your personality and sense of humor.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #45
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Conventions of the genre would dictate that only "sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels" wear the black hats.

S.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #46
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
Conventions of the genre would dictate that only "sneaky cowardly egg-sucking weasels" wear the black hats.

S.
Mine would prolly be pink but I'd definitely be wearing spurs.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #47
TheMildlyStrangeone

TheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this boardTheMildlyStrangeone carries a lot of weight on this board

More often than not, I hear this complaint levied by guys who are simply too passive or just have a poor personality. It's just like the whole "she must not like me because I am fat". Thinking that the reason she rejected you because you are just a "nice guy" is purely a cop-out. Nice guys get women all the time! There's a difference, however, between being nice and not having a backbone.

I think disparities in gender roles gives the upper hand to the more assertive guy.

**Warning: generalizations ahead!!**

Women want a go-getter. Throughout evolution, the man who provided for his family, was the preferred choice of mate.In nature, we see the Alpha male of a pack always has his pick of mate. A guy who is just willing to be pushed around or not speak up for himself is unlikely to offer the better opportunity for survival. Of course, as we evolve further away from a hunter-gatherer lifestyle and the equality gap closes (albeit extremely slowly), the gender roles of dominance and submission might change what mates are more attractive.

Lastly, nice guys can woo a potential mate. I have a great friend who is a painfully shy guy,and not-so-coincidentally, very nice. He has been in a relationship with a girl for several years. He attracted her because he was a nice guy. She is the more dominant one in the relationship but it works for them.
TheMildlyStrangeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #48
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Matchmaker . . .

Maybe I should become a matchmaker for the corpulent . . . It seems that there is so much talk of relationships in every corner of this forum, that perhaps I should take my skill with people and turn it into a business.

I have always felt that I would become interested in being attached when the right attachment came along . . . i.e. a guy that was actually interested in my brain and wanted a meaningful relationships [being catholic wouldn't hurt].

At least in my experience, I want someone that actually asks me to dance, buys me a drink and will actually call just because they are interested in hearing my voice . . . three things that have NEVER .happened to me, but at the same time they show that a guy is willing and interested in me as a women.

"All nice girls love a bastard" because the bastard actually pursues them. I have found that nice guys are typically waiting in the wings for someone else to do the work, i.e. the girl - men complain about women having all the power, but in truth you gave us this power by requiring us to do all the work, make the dinner plans, decided what movie to see, when to be in contact, "here's my phone number, give me a call . . . "

My grandparents were married for a million years and he sent her love letters from the korean war during their courtship so she would not "forget him" . . . i cant imagine any of my male friends or cousins or my brother ever doing that for their girlfriends or being romantic in any sense of the word. Romance is probably the wrong word, but sincere affection and interest are hard to come by these days as everyone second guesses each other in an attempt to give themselves the upper hand in the relationship.

I am an independent women, but at the same time, I am still a women and I am worthy of someone's time in courtship . . . [Did that sound too old fashioned? because I am beginning to think that they just dont make men like they used to, which is kind of a loss for us ladies.]
Old 05-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #49
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobettiepurple View Post

"All nice girls love a bastard" because the bastard actually pursues them. I have found that nice guys are typically waiting in the wings for someone else to do the work, i.e. the girl - men complain about women having all the power, but in truth you gave us this power by requiring us to do all the work, make the dinner plans, decided what movie to see, when to be in contact, "here's my phone number, give me a call . . . "

that is often very true, and also sometimes the bastards (guess for me being an Aussie I have always thought bastard to be a bad thing, and it isnt about having a backbone ect rather CP's description) are good at disguising themselves my ex is the perfect example of that, I dont want to have to do all the work, I mean I will work at the romance ect but want you to as well, Think we put to much emphasis on power and who has it what happened to things being a partnership, to both people contributing?, and I guess I am somewhat old fashioned at heart, I want a guy to ask me out and persue me a bit show me hes interested.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #50
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Sorry, I was doodling to kill time, and this came out, though I would share. And Pearl, sorry, I know it doesn't look like you, but you still got a pink hat?