Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #26
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

I believe that it has less to do with style or color but how a particular person looks in that style or color that makes the difference. Yes I do believe that a woman in a particular style or color of hair will make a difference in how much attention she gets but it has to compliment her natural beauty. Not all women look good as blondes, or look better in curls rather than straight, and some yet look better in short rather than long hair. Studies have shown that some hair lengths and colors do attract more male attention than others, although I still maintain that not all women will look good in those styles and colors.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #27
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'd say it's how YOU feel in that particular hairstyle. If you feel really great and you're giving off a good, happy, and confident vibe, then guys (or girls) are going to approach you.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
Vespertine

Vespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this board

Guys seemed to really, really like my mohawk. And surely I carried myself in a certain way while rocking that. I had short/medium length blonde w/ bright red streaks for awhile, that seemed to attract a lot too, and I was also really happy with that style. I've gotten hit on in my worst hair phases too...growing out a mohawk, forget it, I hated my hair for over a year. I've had guys tell me they like the long natural look I have now, but its not quite the number getter these others were, though I am more reserved now also.
Vespertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #29
OneHauteMama

OneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized repOneHauteMama has super-sized rep

Mine is naturally auburn... I had it my natural color for about 4 years...not an eye batted in my direction. I'm dead serious lol. Then I chopped it, spiked it, dyed it blue-black and all of a sudden I have guys telling me how sexy my hair is, how great I look, how hot I am ( ).

For years I heard "guys like long hair" so I had it ultra long. Down to my butt. No attention whatsoever. I cut it when I was 19 and then whoooosh!Attention!

I've met a few guys online who were like "Well, I like longer hair, it's a shame yours is so short would you grow it for me?" Hell-to-the-NO! It's my head, I gotta deal with the rat's nest of tangles and all that other crap, not you lol. But then we met in person and they had a totally different opinion! They LOVED the short look, the spikes, etc. I had one tell me it was cute and looked like a duck's ass lol. But I definitely get more positive attention with shorter/darker hair. *shrug*
OneHauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #30
lizzie_lotr

lizzie_lotr does more than just post hot picslizzie_lotr does more than just post hot picslizzie_lotr does more than just post hot picslizzie_lotr does more than just post hot pics
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I'd say it's how YOU feel in that particular hairstyle. If you feel really great and you're giving off a good, happy, and confident vibe, then guys (or girls) are going to approach you.
I agree with you!
lizzie_lotr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #31
zosimos

zosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeszosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeszosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default ...

I recently read a book on evolutionary psychology which said that men are genetically programmed to find woman's long hair to be attractive, because it is a very good indicator of long-term health. Nutritional deficiency and illness are readily reflected in the quality of hair, so our troglodytic male ancestors, seeing a luxurious mane, knew cave-girl over there had been healthy and flourishing for quite a while. Hopefully she was also fat. This would seem to go along with the sort of deep, elemental attraction I feel to long hair.

Last edited by olwen; 06-03-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: inappropriate
zosimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #32
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

A good haircut is sexy as hell. People who have a good haircut feel sexy as hell. People who feel sexy are confident and confidence is sexy. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #33
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have thick curly hair that is now about 2 inches above my waist and for the past 14 years I've been blow drying it straight a lot. For most of my life I hated having curly hair and so when I straightened it I felt more confident and therefore exuded that confidence and would get far more attention because of it. Oddly enough I've had more boyfriends say they prefer the curls than they do the blow-out. I've only recently (past couple of years) started to leave it curly more often and I get asked out or flirted with irl quite a bit more and almost always, like a huge percentage of the time, the guy will always say something about my hair during any initial conversation. A lot of the time it's an opening line. I guess men just like a woman to stay as natural as possible and in the end men don't really notice the things we notice about ourselves anyways.
For my own opinion of what's sexy, I feel sexier out of bed, on a date or an outing or in every day life, with my hair straight, but in bed I always feel much more vixenish and sultry with my curls.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #34
DitzyBrunette
"I'll never be sorry."

DitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDitzyBrunette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I notice that a lot of women with long hair have it cut after they marry -- usually as soon as they return from the honeymoon -- and keep it short thereafter.
I will NEVER have short hair. Never never never. I got anxiety attacks when I had my first haircut at age 20 and the woman cut it short enough so it hit the middle of my back. I felt naked and cried my eyes out because it was supposed to be just a trim of a couple inches (was 3 inches past my rear beforehand). I didn't feel normal for a long time, I felt hideous. My length will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
Bingo.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #35
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't feel confident or sexy unless I have short hair. Granted, some men have only found me attractive when I had longer hair... I did NOT feel good about myself. Being short and stout, I felt it made me look even MORE short and wide, which I was not fond of. Having short hair makes me look a little taller and shows my neck, which makes me look taller because I actually have a neck, lol (at 4 foot 9, you'd think otherwise).

I've had a wide variety of styles and change them up when I feel I want to, and NEVER do a hairstyle to please anyone else but myself. If they hate it, then can look at the next generic hairstyle. No one is forcing them to stare at mine. But typically I get looks either way. even made a guy drive right into a stop sign when I had a mohawk.

I often have a mohawk and the guys dig it. The guys I tend to like, anyways. Which is all I could care about. But most people can see the difference in my personality between when my hair is on the long side and when my hair is cut short.

Also, I get hit on way more by women when I have the longer hair. Go figure! lol.

I think what really helps is that I don't show much skin if any at all. I would wear turtle necks if I could pull it off. I don't show cleavage. Ever. And so with long hair, it practically hides any skin that could have been visible. And with short hair, it shows it off and it's just enough to intrigue, without being too covered up or too revealing. And that's mainly what I think makes me look well kept when I have my short hair.

BTW... my hair right now is 3 inches at the longest section, and going out shopping today, I was approached by 3 guys I used to crush on back in my school days (who back then crushed on me, too). One even managed physical contact after about 4 years of being too shy to even say hello to me. I must be doing something right!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:06 AM   #36
pdgujer148
Breakfast Messiah

pdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitypdgujer148 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I can't say that I have ever been attracted to a woman because of her hairstyle. Just not part of the equation.

I have preferences: clean, smells nice, fits the face and the personality...
pdgujer148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:07 AM   #37
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I shall forever be crushing on ladies with short or slightly crazy shoulder length hair.
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:50 AM   #38
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
I shall forever be crushing on ladies with short or slightly crazy shoulder length hair.
Do you now hear the sound of a thousand scissors springing into action? Look what you've started...
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #39
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Guys definately prefer long hair in general I have found.

I was told not to cut mine. They get all anxious about it.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:56 AM   #40
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I chopped mine off 2 nights ago. See how the boys react.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #41
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
Do you now hear the sound of a thousand scissors springing into action? Look what you've started...
I'm secretly a lobbyist for the hair gel industry, ssshhh!
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #42
Aust99

Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!Aust99 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
I chopped mine off 2 nights ago. See how the boys react.
Please post pics soon.
Aust99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #43
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I used to have long hair and had no trouble finding guys to date. Well I shaved my head over a year ago (lost a bet). I had compliments from guys for how brave I was but no dates. I am starting to grow it back out long in hopes that my more "girlie" hair will help with my dating life.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #44
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll be honest, my hair is past shoulder length. One time, I tried on a pixie cut wig at the store (just for fun), and I must admit, it looked cute on my features. But I feel cutting my hair very short would be drastic for me. I'm chicken.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 AM   #45
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Personally, I get a ton of crap from people for my short hair. It's just a little longer than chin-length now, but I still get shit, even from my dad. Actually, he's always pissy after I get a haircut, and the other day after some other... arguing... he actually said to me "you know you're a girl, right?". I get a lot of things like that from my community too, and it's sad. Having short hair doesn't make me trans, or a bull dyke. I just don't like long hair, I think it's uncomfortable and it drives me crazy. That's all, really. I wish I could stand having long hair, because I honestly think things would be a little easier.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #46
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
I'm secretly a lobbyist for the hair gel industry, ssshhh!
I prefer mega hold hairspray myself... aerosol or not.
It's much more waterproof as well.
And gels don't work for mohawks.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #47
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Sorry for the double post... but I re-read the thread and saw this late, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
Personally, I get a ton of crap from people for my short hair. It's just a little longer than chin-length now, but I still get shit, even from my dad. Actually, he's always pissy after I get a haircut, and the other day after some other... arguing... he actually said to me "you know you're a girl, right?". I get a lot of things like that from my community too, and it's sad. Having short hair doesn't make me trans, or a bull dyke. I just don't like long hair, I think it's uncomfortable and it drives me crazy. That's all, really. I wish I could stand having long hair, because I honestly think things would be a little easier.
I really don't like long hair, either. At least, not on my features. I feel the same about having the long hair sometimes, but my family is actually the opposite. For years, I refused to cut my hair short, and my family tried to urge me to do it... saying it was the hair that was keeping my height down. I just didn't want to give them the satisfaction. And now, if my hair goes near my chin or longer, they "joke" about cutting it off in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping. Yet everyone else in society seems to think long hair is most important.

There's certain salons I completely avoid now because I will go in with shoulder length hair and tell them "go nuts and cut it short but wild" and they do something like a chin length pageboy cut **throws up** Or... if not that, they'll just trim 2 inches off and do some thinning and say "I've made it so that you can grow it out a little longer without having much issue with the weight and stuff." It pisses me off when I just told them I wanted it short and effed up. I've walked right out of salons without paying before because of it. If a customer is not satisfied, you have the right to do that, since they've done you a disservice.

I just don't like the pressure of having to have long hair when I feel I look my best with short hair. Not cool.

Also to note... I have the thickness of 3 heads of hair. It's been proven. Not only are my strands of hair thick, but I have a LOT of strands. You can't see my scalp through my hair, and I need it short so my scalp can breathe properly. It's also way more manageable and doesn't take a crap ton of shampoo or conditioner to keep it nice.

Last edited by CarlaSixx; 06-13-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #48
lalatx
has the worst intentions

lalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging in

My hair is naturally wavey/curly if I have it shorter than shoulder length I have to blow dry and straighten it everyday or I look like a 14 year old. My hair is incredibly thick so even when its short it takes 45 min to blow dry and straighten. I would love to have short hair but it just doesn't really work for me. I just can not put that much heat on my hair on a daily basis. I also do not color my hair anymore b/c my hair is very chemical resident and grows way to fast (about 1/2 in every month) to keep up with.

I usually have very long hair down to the small of my back. Recently I cut it and its about 3 in below my shoulders. I think I am going to keep the length but add some more choppy layers to it.

I get attention either way but it usually has to do with the way I have my hair styled. I like to play with my hairstyles so its always different. Much easier to work with now that it is shorter. With the very long hair it limited me to what I could do as far as styling my hair goes. As far as when I just leave my hair down and natural I got more attention with the longer hair in those cases.

Confidence is a major factor to. If you are confident and you love the way look and that includes the way your hair looks others pick up on that.

Last edited by lalatx; 06-13-2010 at 11:26 AM.
lalatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #49
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
This is way sad and Im sorry you've had to put up with it. A few years ago I cut my hair super short and used to faux hawk it. My mom used to call me "dyke" all the time. She was joking around, but Im pretty sure that deep down she thought I was nuts.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:20 AM   #50
msbard90

msbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging inmsbard90 makes people happy simply by logging in

My boyfriend hates when I mess around with my hair color and cut. Right now, its auburn (but not purple-y auburn) and right at my shoulders with layers. I let my friend who's in cosmetology school play around with my hair. She gets practice and I get free hair cuts/ coloring done. Niceeee. I noticed the guys at work are approving of the hair too....
msbard90 is offline   Reply With Quote