Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)



 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Gomes
 
Gomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,006
Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Thumbs down Mexico ENCOURAGES illegal behavior

STATEMENT BY THE EMBASSY OF MEXICO ...
Washington D.C, May 25th, 2010

Regarding the Administration’s decision to send 1,200 National Guard servicemen to the US Southern border, the Government of Mexico trusts that this decision will help to channel additional US resources to enhance efforts to prevent the illegal flows of weapons and bulk cash into Mexico, which provide organized crime with its firepower and its ability to corrupt.

Additionally, the Government of Mexico expects that National Guard personnel will strengthen US operations in the fight against transnational organized crime that operates on both sides of our common border and that it will not, in accordance to its legal obligations, conduct activities directly linked to the enforcement of immigration laws.

Mexico is determined to continue working on its side of the border to enhance the security and well-being of border communities, and to deter and dismantle organized crime and its links to drug trafficking and human smuggling.

As part of our joint strategy in the fight against transnational organized crime, there are actions that our two governments have undertaken together, and there are other measures taken independently by Mexico and by the US within their respective territories. In this regard, the Mexican Government fully respects the sovereign decisions of the US Government, but underscores that joint responsibility must continue to underpin our joint efforts in rolling-back transnational organized crime operating on both sides of the border.
... More HERE.
Gomes is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
Christov
On Timeout
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 1,883
Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Oh look a Conservative news source.

Stay objective Gomes.
Christov is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown
 
Fat Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On a supersonic bacon train.
Posts: 1,623
Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

The Mexican government has supported illegal immigration for years. They have even printed maps for border crossers to sneak in. They are not our friends and usually for sale to highest bidder, which is most likely the cartels.
Fat Brian is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
bigmac
 
bigmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redwood Coast
Posts: 10,364
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
The Mexican government has supported illegal immigration for years. They have even printed maps for border crossers to sneak in. They are not our friends and usually for sale to highest bidder, which is most likely the cartels.
This is what happens when you let a failed state emerge on your border. For the last 30 years our policies have been undermining the stability of Mexico -- everything from drug policy to agricultural trade -- we've acted with little regard vis-a-vis our southern neighbor.

Its time to enact policies that will actual help our neighbor (and in return help ourselves). May I suggest we start by legalizing drugs -- thereby putting the cartels out of business.
bigmac is offline  
Old 06-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
DELIMAN092262
 
DELIMAN092262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 10,874
DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
This is what happens when you let a failed state emerge on your border. For the last 30 years our policies have been undermining the stability of Mexico -- everything from drug policy to agricultural trade -- we've acted with little regard vis-a-vis our southern neighbor.
The US “let” a failed state emerge. What would you have the US do? Take over the country? Run it like a client state from Washington? Surly you are not calling for that?

Further, If the US is responsible for the state of the Mexico government. Then we really failed in Canada. They appear to be doing quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Its time to enact policies that will actual help our neighbor (and in return help ourselves). May I suggest we start by legalizing drugs -- thereby putting the cartels out of business.
Or making them legit. Just because the US legalizes drugs does not mean the world will follow. The pipeline to the US will be come more transparent, but it will remain hidden because other nations will not follow the US lead. The same criminals who sell illegal drugs in the US will continue to do so, except the US will be their base for selling “illegal” drugs overseas. Maybe the US could become the next failed state?
DELIMAN092262 is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:02 AM   #6
protuberance
Paul R.Nelson is a cunt.
 
protuberance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Harrison, NY
Posts: 146
protuberance does more than just post hot picsprotuberance does more than just post hot picsprotuberance does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
Oh look a Conservative news source.

Stay objective Gomes.
There's a recording of the Mexican president making the points in that article.
__________________
My Comics
My Rap Group
My Podcast
protuberance is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
Christov
On Timeout
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 1,883
Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protuberance View Post
There's a recording of the Mexican president making the points in that article.
And yet the article is still spun rightwards. I swear, it was like an inch away from being 'DIRTY ASS MEXICANS BE STEALIN ALL OUR DAM JERBS' a billion times over.

Mexico shouldn't be encouraging illegals, but we all know that illegals that get into America end up working as cheap labour who send most of their wages home to the family, and bingo just like that a little bit more cash flows into the Mexican economy. It's crooked, I know, but you're going to have to wrangle businesses in America to stop this practice before you can get into harder immigration enforcement rules. Of course, the corporatists who usually bitch about illegals will have a shitfit if anybody touches the businesses and will cockblock any legislation regarding it, so it's sort of a problem that feeds itself.
Christov is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
 
Wild Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,419
Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
And yet the article is still spun rightwards. I swear, it was like an inch away from being 'DIRTY ASS MEXICANS BE STEALIN ALL OUR DAM JERBS' a billion times over.

Mexico shouldn't be encouraging illegals, but we all know that illegals that get into America end up working as cheap labour who send most of their wages home to the family, and bingo just like that a little bit more cash flows into the Mexican economy. It's crooked, I know, but you're going to have to wrangle businesses in America to stop this practice before you can get into harder immigration enforcement rules. Of course, the corporatists who usually bitch about illegals will have a shitfit if anybody touches the businesses and will cockblock any legislation regarding it, so it's sort of a problem that feeds itself.
agree agree agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
I think that if we're going to afford a corporation such as General Motors the right to freely cross borders in search of cheap labor in the name of "free markets" (google "maquiladora" for some fun times!) workers should have the right to freely cross borders in search of higher wages.

Otherwise we're running an economy that's capitalist when convenient for captains of industry but anti-capitalist when it comes to workers. It's sort of like saying "a rising tide lifts all boats" while torpedoing the guys in dinghies.

So in other words, NAFTA can eat it.
__________________
We'll sing the songs to fan the flames of discontent.
Wild Zero is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
Gomes
 
Gomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,006
Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
And yet the article is still spun rightwards. I swear, it was like an inch away from being 'DIRTY ASS MEXICANS BE STEALIN ALL OUR DAM JERBS' a billion times over.
There is no other way to spin it. They are encouraging illegal behavior. By your logic, if telling the truth is spun toward the right -- that means that anything coming from the left is not truthful. I can agree with that ... everything coming from the left is not truthful.
Gomes is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #10
Gomes
 
Gomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,006
Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
I think that if we're going to afford a corporation such as General Motors the right to freely cross borders in search of cheap labor in the name of "free markets" (google "maquiladora" for some fun times!) workers should have the right to freely cross borders in search of higher wages.

Otherwise we're running an economy that's capitalist when convenient for captains of industry but anti-capitalist when it comes to workers. It's sort of like saying "a rising tide lifts all boats" while torpedoing the guys in dinghies.

So in other words, NAFTA can eat it.
They are not ILLEGALLY sneaking into another country. An OBVIOUS difference. The fact that you overlooked that speaks volumes!
Gomes is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #11
cinnamitch
nope
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,004
cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
They are not ILLEGALLY sneaking into another country. An OBVIOUS difference. The fact that you overlooked that speaks volumes!
Why is it so easy for you to only address one issue regarding immigration? You keep focusing on the illegals, and you and others on here keep harping on how they take jobs away from everyone else. Why are you not demanding that the companies that hire these illegals be prosecuted more severely? If illegal immigration is a snake, all the laws on the books now do nothing more than cut off the snakes tail. Cut off the head, the companies that employ these illegals, that go to Mexico to seek them out, promising them a better life than what they have. Why not bitch when automakers and other companies encourage them to sneak over here? Do you stop buying products when you know the company producing them has a record for hiring illegals? Do you write your congressman regarding the hiring practices? I can promise you that the majority of corporate run farms hire illegals, and many of your meat processors/farms do as well. Hormel which has headquarters and a factory here in Minnesota got hit with a raid a few years ago and they are back in the same ol game they were in before. Same with Golden Plump chicken, Ashley Furniture etc.

Until you start really cracking down on the corporations, you will never make a dent in illegal immigration. Most of us who are against what AZ is doing have no desire to support illegal immigration. What AZ is doing is nothing more than profiling with the Governors approval. Just wait till you see it on the news about someone getting killed because some cop felt threatened by an illegal who turned out to be a citizen of the US. It will happen. Instead of running your mouth on how bad the illegals are, why not come on here and talk about how awful the companies are that hire them? Demand their tax breaks and other incentives be removed until they are in and remain in compliance with the law the you so vehemently embrace when it comes to the illegals.
cinnamitch is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #12
Gomes
 
Gomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,006
Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Default

Nobody is saying that companies shouldn't be prosecuted for hiring them but people ARE saying that the illegals should be left alone because it's racist and stuff like that. There in lies the difference.
Gomes is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #13
cinnamitch
nope
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,004
cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
Nobody is saying that companies shouldn't be prosecuted for hiring them but people ARE saying that the illegals should be left alone because it's racist and stuff like that. There in lies the difference.
No they are saying that racial profiling is wrong and no matter what you say you will never convince me that what AZ is doing is anything less than that. Why not go to the companies that hired these workers and start following the law with them? It's just too easy to blame the workers isn't it?
cinnamitch is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
Christov
On Timeout
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 1,883
Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

This thread just proves that Gomes and others;

. Generalise
. Hammer on a single issue
. Seek only one solution

I applaud all the efforts to make them think otherwise, but you're not going to change these people.

We all know the problem is the companies that exploit illegals, but the corporatists in congress would rather have racial profiling and extremely harsh border policies than have anybody touch their precious paymasters.

Last edited by Big Beautiful Dreamer; 06-05-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: inappropriate
Christov is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
 
Wild Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,419
Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
They are not ILLEGALLY sneaking into another country. An OBVIOUS difference. The fact that you overlooked that speaks volumes!
I didn't overlook anything. You think corporations should have more rights than human beings?

Quote:
I think that if we're going to afford a corporation such as General Motors the right to freely cross borders in search of cheap labor in the name of "free markets" (google "maquiladora" for some fun times!) workers should have the right to freely cross borders in search of higher wages.
__________________
We'll sing the songs to fan the flames of discontent.
Wild Zero is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
 
The Orange Mage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,282
The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
I didn't overlook anything. You think corporations should have more rights than human beings?
They already do. They're an ingenius device created for individual profit without individual responsibility.

For example, big corporation does something illegal? Corproations fuck up and kill people with negligence. Normal people fuck up and kill people with negligence. Corporations get STUPIDLY TINY fines and maybe a few higher ups resign with a HEALTHY retirement package, but Normal Guy has his life ended and goes to jail.
The Orange Mage is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #17
Gomes
 
Gomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,006
Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
I didn't overlook anything. You think corporations should have more rights than human beings?
Corporations do something within the law and you have a problem with it but humans do something against the law and you don't? It appears you need a new moral compass.
Gomes is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #18
Gomes
 
Gomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,006
Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
No they are saying that racial profiling is wrong and no matter what you say you will never convince me that what AZ is doing is anything less than that. Why not go to the companies that hired these workers and start following the law with them? It's just too easy to blame the workers isn't it?
You have immigration laws on the books, how do you enforce them? Crossing the border is illegal. That's before any employer enters the picture. By your logic, if somebody has a nice car, they are to be blamed instead of the thief who steels it.
Gomes is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #19
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
 
Wild Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,419
Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
Corporations do something within the law and you have a problem with it but humans do something against the law and you don't? It appears you need a new moral compass.
Ok so just to be clear, you're ok with laws that restrict freedom of movement for humans while granting that same right to corporations.
__________________
We'll sing the songs to fan the flames of discontent.
Wild Zero is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #20
DELIMAN092262
 
DELIMAN092262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 10,874
DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DELIMAN092262 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamitch View Post
Why is it so easy for you to only address one issue regarding immigration? You keep focusing on the illegals, and you and others on here keep harping on how they take jobs away from everyone else. Why are you not demanding that the companies that hire these illegals be prosecuted more severely? If illegal immigration is a snake, all the laws on the books now do nothing more than cut off the snakes tail. Cut off the head, the companies that employ these illegals, that go to Mexico to seek them out, promising them a better life than what they have. Why not bitch when automakers and other companies encourage them to sneak over here? Do you stop buying products when you know the company producing them has a record for hiring illegals? Do you write your congressman regarding the hiring practices? I can promise you that the majority of corporate run farms hire illegals, and many of your meat processors/farms do as well. Hormel which has headquarters and a factory here in Minnesota got hit with a raid a few years ago and they are back in the same ol game they were in before. Same with Golden Plump chicken, Ashley Furniture etc.

Until you start really cracking down on the corporations, you will never make a dent in illegal immigration. Most of us who are against what AZ is doing have no desire to support illegal immigration. What AZ is doing is nothing more than profiling with the Governors approval. Just wait till you see it on the news about someone getting killed because some cop felt threatened by an illegal who turned out to be a citizen of the US. It will happen. Instead of running your mouth on how bad the illegals are, why not come on here and talk about how awful the companies are that hire them? Demand their tax breaks and other incentives be removed until they are in and remain in compliance with the law the you so vehemently embrace when it comes to the illegals.
Ask and you receive. Seem Arizona has all ready put that into place. The Obama Administration is fighting them, again!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...ing-employers/

Sounds like a law you could support. Shame Obama does not.
DELIMAN092262 is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #21
joswitch
Exile from Main Board
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,704
joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

@Gomes... I didn't read the link but I did read your OP... Here's the boildown I took from what the Mexican embassy was saying: "Never mind migration! Help us stop the organised crime that's ripping our country apart!"
Less a sinister ploy, more a desperate cry for help..
when I drove the thousand odd miles down Highway 1 (6years ago) and back again 6months later, I had to go through maybe half a dozen Mexican army checkpoints... On the way south they were looking for guns... On the way north - drugs... The cartels are wrecking Mexico, and the army is fighting back, but seems to be losing...
__________________
...
joswitch is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #22
Christov
On Timeout
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 1,883
Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post
Alternative source or I'm calling bullshit on this.
Christov is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 06:53 PM   #23
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown
 
Fat Brian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On a supersonic bacon train.
Posts: 1,623
Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

NPR citing an AP story about the same law.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...249237&ps=cprs
Fat Brian is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #24
Christov
On Timeout
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Blighty.
Posts: 1,883
Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
NPR citing an AP story about the same law.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...249237&ps=cprs
Thank you.

As soon as I see Fox News my brain just switches into critical mode.
Christov is offline  
Old 06-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #25
Gomes
 
Gomes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,006
Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
Ok so just to be clear, you're ok with laws that restrict freedom of movement for humans while granting that same right to corporations.
Just to be clear, when corporations move into a country, they bring jobs to that country and their citizens. When people come here ILLEGALLY, they take jobs away from people and draw from the system that you and I pay into without paying their fair share back into it. The money that they earn, is then NOT invested back into this country but invested back into their own country.

Obviously economics is not your strong point.
Gomes is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.