Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
sweet&fat
My aim is true.

sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sweet&fat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default FA age distribution

Hi all! I meet lots of single FAs in the their 20s and some in their 40s, but I very rarely encounter single FAs in their 30s... I wonder if anyone else has noticed this? If so, what do you think could account for this skewed age distribution?
sweet&fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hmm, that is interesting. Yeah, I see so many FAs in here that are either very young in their 20s (the list is too long to name) and those in the 40 ish to 50ish age range.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

Interesting topic. I'm not sure what could cause that kind of variance. Perhaps it has something to do with the potency of 80s marketing. They really hammered home the "thin is in" campaign back then at least as much as today. This of course wasn't something new but I think it was more prevelent than in other times. Models seemed thinner in the 80s than in prior decades (cocain is a hell of a drug) and that kind of imagery is pretty impressing. Just a thought as to why there may be fewer FAs in that demographic or why a high proportion might be in the closet.
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #4
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oirish View Post
Interesting topic. I'm not sure what could cause that kind of variance. Perhaps it has something to do with the potency of 80s marketing. They really hammered home the "thin is in" campaign back then at least as much as today. This of course wasn't something new but I think it was more prevelent than in other times. Models seemed thinner in the 80s than in prior decades (cocain is a hell of a drug) and that kind of imagery is pretty impressing. Just a thought as to why there may be fewer FAs in that demographic or why a high proportion might be in the closet.
Very interesting thought, I'd never considered that.

It seems like a lot of the single FAs I meet in their 40s are divorced, and were married in their 30s, so I'm guessing the same is true of the guys in their 30s now, that most of them are married and some won't be in their 40s.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Can't Change Sexy....

Quote:
Can't change what's sexy to an FA, I'll bet the
80's Guys were just in the closet. Damned
Media! Funny, I think this classic was from the
80's. I wish more people could see media
programming for the threat it is to free-thinking.

Styxx-The Grand Illusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW8Tl...next=1&index=3

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

In some ways I haven't had that same experience, but probably because I tend to date guys in their 30s, and since I'm fat they are guys who are down with the fat ladies - maybe not self-identified FAs tho. Especially on dating websites, even those specifically for BBW dating, there are a good number of guys in their 30s listed (in my area, just of guys I've seen).

But off the internet, outside of those dating sites, like at the BBW dance clubs for example? Come to think of it, it does seem like the guys are either in their 20s, or over 40. I think Carrie may be right about a lot of the guys in their 30s being married now, so they're off the market until (some of them) get divorced.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
It seems like a lot of the single FAs I meet in their 40s are divorced, and were married in their 30s, so I'm guessing the same is true of the guys in their 30s now, that most of them are married and some won't be in their 40s.

I once read that sometimes, when a man's wife reaches forty, he changes her for two twenties ...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #8
germanFA

germanFA has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Very interesting thought, I'd never considered that.

Yes that makes a lot of sense. I was also married in my 30s, and now in my 40s I am divorced and a true FA, who is looking
germanFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
RJI
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

RJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging in

20's = playing the field and dating everyone
30's = pressure from family and peers to marry
40's = divorce from 30's marriage and find someone you really want.

Just how I would rationalize many 30 somethings not being on the market as FA's.

:eat1:
RJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #10
KittyKitten

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yeah I just realized how fat-phobic the 80s were, even more so than the 2000s (yup, that cocaine and stupid fitness craze). The worst was the late 70s through the 90s. I was flipping through a bunch of 80s magazines and they all had that skinny, ruler look (with neon colors of course).

It seems there is more support for a wider range of body sizes at this decade. The 50s were my favorite time because of all the luscious beauties!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have to agree with Carrie about most thirties men of all attractions being married.

I wonder if Fas are more prevalent in the young due to the increasing number of fat people. You're potentially more likely to date a fat person when there are more fat people to choose from. Also, the decreasing possibility of finding a "thin ideal" partner may lead many to explore other body types.
Fat Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:01 PM   #12
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've noticed the age difference as well. The guys are either too young for me or too old for me, course a guy in his 40s wouldn't be too old, but for some reason I tend to attract guys in their 50s and 60s. Carrie could be right about the whole settling down thing for 30 somethings. My friends are all starting to talk about settling down so...yeah maybe.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
KittyKitten

Meatier starlets and sex symbols like Queen Latifah, Jennifer Lopez (her derriere is celebrated), Beyonce, not to mention the powerful influence of Hip Hop which celebrates the more curvaceous and bootylicious female form all contribute to alot of young men in this generation finding larger and curvier women more attractive. And right, the population has grown more fat than 20 years ago and that is also an influence.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #14
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Maybe the 30's age range is filled more with FA's that are married and not looking anymore...and the 40-50's are divorced and looking again just a thought of "What could be".
Old 06-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #15
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

As a 40 something, I dont really see the many 40 something FA's but like others have mentioned, I think the 30's are the "married" or committed years..

I find the majority of FA's out there are in their 20 - I wonder where they all were when I was in my 20's - I know a lot of them were married to NON fat women . Im so happy to see young men to be proud out of the closet FA's
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #16
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
As a 40 something,I find the majority of FA's out there are in their 20 - I wonder where they all were when I was in my 20's -
Possibly in utero?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

The only FAs who've been interested in me have been in their late 20s and early 30s. So I guess I'm possibly one of the lucky ones... but as I'm just 20, I'd rather someone close to my age, though I'm quite alright with those up to their mid-30s Don't know if it'll happen, though.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #18
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Maybe the 30's age range is filled more with FA's that are married and not looking anymore...and the 40-50's are divorced and looking again just a thought of "What could be".
I think Carrie had that covered.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #19
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Possibly in utero?
If that's not a depressing response, I don't know what is.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #20
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I know it came off wrong - I meant, when I was in my 20's were where the men also in their 20's

But I get it - you are funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Possibly in utero?
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #21
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

there are some FA's in there 30's on here I have spoken to them lol mayby they are just shy or dont shout their age out loud all the time?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #22
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post

Just how I would rationalize many 30 somethings not being on the market as FA's.
My thoughts exactly
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:50 AM   #23
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post

50's = Dead, or life over as you know it??

Just wondering.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #24
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
50's = Dead, or life over as you know it??

Just wondering.
Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age.

Get your walker and I'll race you.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #25
Ruffie

Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ruffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Having been off the market for 25 years I am not out there a lot to see whats happening in the dating scene". But when I do go out and in my second job as a wedding photographer I find that there are more and more young guys that are showing interest in the larger gals out there. ITs good to see these gals having fun, being the life of the party and not the wallflower as so many of the bigger gals of my generation were.
I occasionally get hit on by both older and younger men. I laughed the other day was off in my track suit to get groceries no makeup and had just run a comb through my hair. We had packed up the groceries into the vehicle and I see an handsome older guy in his late 50's waving me down as I was about to return the cart. I turned and walked back to the guy and said "oh you would like my cart here you go" and went to hand it over to him. He says "no I just wanted a hug" and grabbed me and gave me a big old hug. I said "Hey be careful my husband is over there and might not appreciate this" And he was like "Ah well he can suck it up I got the best of both worlds a hug from a beautiful woman and the cart I need for my groceries" And off he went humming away. SO ladies there are some older guys out there that like the larger lady, I think that unlike this fella they are just more discreet about their preferences.