Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #26
uptown

uptown has said some nice things

I'm a single FA in my early 30's.
I think the age distribution here just mimics the rest of the world.
I've found there are fewer people close to my age that are single.
I'm usually the odd man out in my circle of friends.
Most of my high school and college friends have gotten married or shacked up.
I know a few recent divorcees and some die hard bachelors.

I think there's a biological urge that hits humans in their 30's to settle down (if they haven't already).
I've been calling it "the 30-something dash."
uptown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #27
RJI
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

RJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
50's = Dead, or life over as you know it??

Just wondering.

50's were not referenced in the original post so I didn't think to add it.

:eat1:
RJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #28
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Not Dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post
50's were not referenced in the original post so I didn't think to add it.
I just turned 55 and I'm not dead, just a smarta**,
which is my normal state when healthy.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #29
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i have noticed that some times i leave late for work but end up arriving at exactly the same time i would've arrived if i had left earlier. the explanation eluded me for the longest time but really it is quite obvious: at some point the early trains enter some sort of fissure in the time/space continuum, passenger molecules disperse and then reintegrate at a later time.

it might be that something similar happens to single fa's in their 30's. this is just a theory. we need to do more research.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #30
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
50's = Dead, or life over as you know it??

Just wondering.
Damn...Old people are sooooooooooo touchy!!!!

LMAO J/K *running away* Don't kill me, Philly!
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #31
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
Very interesting thought, I'd never considered that.

It seems like a lot of the single FAs I meet in their 40s are divorced, and were married in their 30s, so I'm guessing the same is true of the guys in their 30s now, that most of them are married and some won't be in their 40s.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Makes sense to me.
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #32
JMCGB
Let me feed you

JMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJMCGB is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptown View Post
I'm a single FA in my early 30's.
I think the age distribution here just mimics the rest of the world.
I've found there are fewer people close to my age that are single.
I'm usually the odd man out in my circle of friends.
Most of my high school and college friends have gotten married or shacked up.
I know a few recent divorcees and some die hard bachelors.

I think there's a biological urge that hits humans in their 30's to settle down (if they haven't already).
I've been calling it "the 30-something dash."
This pretty much sums it up for me as well. Hate being the odd man out in my circle of friends.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #33
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Damn...Old people are sooooooooooo touchy!!!!

LMAO J/K *running away* Don't kill me, Philly!
Hey, you......if I'm so old, I shouldn't be able to catch you anyway, right?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #34
escapist
Belt Buster!

escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!escapist has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was actually married in my early 20's and split in my early 30's so
Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #35
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

Very interesting topic. I think it does have a lot to do with the nation becoming fatter and the rise of sites like this. No doubt in my mind that the fact that sites like this have contributed to a lot of people being comfortable with liking fat women.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #36
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i haven't really noticed that a lot. maybe it has something to do with the region i live it. most guys who tend to approach me seriously are in their 30s but its by no means all of them. its probably a good thing in some ways not to find a lot of FAs in their 30s hanging about. thats the age where most men decide they are ready to be serious if they've had relationships before. my gfs call it (33 or so) the age of Jesus, as in "Jesus what took you so long to get all of the skirt chasing out of your system" . its kind of nice to know that FAs are out there and involved just like everyone else instead of hiding away alone with the internet and magazines or only just beginning to find themselves as men. maybe it means their socialization is beginning to look more normal as they approach it with more normalcy. that means fewer are closeted--i hope. in their 20s guys are still learning about themselves. in their 40s there are a lot of divorced or perennially single guys about. but be warned-- a lot of guys in their 30s are really ready and they may push very hard to be serious instead of taking things slow. maybe thats why sometimes there seems to be so much first marriage or training marriage syndrome about. but in general the ones who are truly ready for a loving relationship are very honest and straight forward about it and they don't have any problems showing it as well.

Last edited by superodalisque; 06-22-2010 at 07:37 PM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #37
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

I'd say about 95% of guys who hit on me are 18 or in their 20s Hell, I'm 38 yrs. old!! Basically, I'm around this age range all the time. I really don't know anyone my age. They are usually years younger or older.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:50 AM   #38
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calauria View Post
I'd say about 95% of guys who hit on me are 18 or in their 20s Hell, I'm 38 yrs. old!! Basically, I'm around this age range all the time. I really don't know anyone my age. They are usually years younger or older.
In my late teens and twenties I got hit on regularly by men in their 40's and 50's. Now that I'm in my early 40's, I'm getting hit on by men in their twenties. I'm not complaining.

However, I do think a LOT of 50-year-old men are smokin' hot.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:19 AM   #39
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Hey, you......if I'm so old, I shouldn't be able to catch you anyway, right?
I'm really slooooooow. lol
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:57 PM   #40
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
I'm really slooooooow. lol
Don't worry......I'll always be right behind you...
Old 06-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #41
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know if the words are going to come out right, but here I go anyway lol. I've actually given this some thought before so here is my feelings about it.

Fat has always been, generally, not acceptable in a partner because of "peer pressure" or it's not socially acceptable or whatever you want to call it. There's a reason we call it coming out of the closet when an FA finally comes to term with it. (And that is by no means meant to offend our gay/lesbian friends or anything, or to diminish their struggles and the discrimination they endure, just a shared terminology)

So..now, when a man has matured, into say his 40's, he knows himself and what he is attracted to. He is comfortable and secure enough in himself to come out of the closet so to speak and date fat women.

Ok, and...I personally have noticed in the recent years that the younger generation is much more accepting in general, including of fat people. I know not all the younger folks will agree but I see with my own eyes the differences there are now then when I was in high school. Not that every one, in every town, every where is perfect is open and accepting...BUT...back when I was in high school and this is only going back 15 years..there's NO way a fat girl had a boyfriend, a date to the prom, or possibly even any friends at all.

I think that with girls becoming proud of themselves when they're of size and not being embarrassed with who they are, in combination with the explosion of acceptance all races, sizes, sexual orientation, etc the younger folks are realizing people are all just people, and dating a fat girl is no big deal and they just don't care anymore and want to date who they want to date. So, there are more opportunities now for younger FA's and the bigger girls as well.

I'm pretty proud of this upcoming generation
Old 06-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #42
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I'm pretty proud of this upcoming generation
great points! me too. i love how they aren't ashamed to take the bull by the horns as much as in the past. makes me smile just thinking about it.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #43
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd actually like to know where all these 20 year old FA's are.
Make a line, boys.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #44
qwertyman173
Andy from UK

qwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
So..now, when a man has matured, into say his 40's, he knows himself and what he is attracted to. He is comfortable and secure enough in himself to come out of the closet so to speak and date fat women.

Ok, and...I personally have noticed in the recent years that the younger generation is much more accepting in general, including of fat people.
Well said. I'd agree with that. I think as people get older they are more likely to say "screw you" to the world, and be who they really want to be. I also think that younger people, are more willing to accept themselves earlier, thanks to the availability of the internet and places like dimensions, and feel that they are not alone.

I'm 23 by the way.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:01 AM   #45
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
Make a line, boys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman173 View Post
Well said. I'd agree with that. I think as people get older they are more likely to say "screw you" to the world, and be who they really want to be. I also think that younger people, are more willing to accept themselves earlier, thanks to the availability of the internet and places like dimensions, and feel that they are not alone.

I'm 23 by the way.
Weeze, meet qwerty. qwerty, meet Weeze
Old 06-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #46
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
Make a line, boys.
I second this!

Being a 20 year old... Where the heck are the FAs for me?
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #47
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm 22. Shame my heart is a mess that is incapable of love.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:16 AM   #48
bbwildrose

bbwildrose can now change their title

It seems like there are no available FAs in their 30s or 40s in the UK, I may have to move to America!
bbwildrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #49
ZainTheInsane

ZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 club
Default Hmmm...

I'm in my mid-twenties, 26 to be exact. I'm currently getting a ton of pressure to settle down and marry. I'm also in a shitty job, in a relationship I'm not quite 100% on, and I'm in the midst of trying to figure myself out.

I think that one of the reasons there aren't a lot of 30 somethings out there who are FAs is because they're either married, trying to get their career on track where they want it to be, or they are trying to find themselves.

Guys in their early twenties are in the fuck&fun stage of their lives. Hell, for most guys that goes until their late twenties, possibly early thirties. Guys in their 40s are pretty set in who they are and their ways, and are trying to find someone, or have already found someone, who can deal with who they are.

So the key is to find someone who you enjoy being with, and enjoy the relationship while it is there. If it lasts, AWESOME! If not, well, there are always more people out there. ALWAYS.

And sometimes it is wise for an older person to date a younger person, to keep things interesting. Studies I've read show that younger men can keep up with older women, and that younger women work well for older men.

Who knows...regardless, maybe the mystery will reveal itself.
ZainTheInsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:36 AM   #50
superodalisque

younger guys seem to date outside of their age groups for various reasons. 20 somethings often mention that women in their age group have a lot of body angst. i'm not sure if thats true or a line but in some respects it does seem to have at least a kernel of truth to it. at that age they seem to be more concerned about sex and the newness of trying things than anything else. add to that many women are relationship minded earlier than guys.

maybe some of the young ones feel because of the gap in ages that an older woman will not even take him on as a serious love relationship. they feel she'll be happy to have him because he is younger and fitter than his older competitors. he can then have what he wants in terms of being just a sexual interest to someone without having to worry about misleading them about his intentions. what they sometimes don't know is that older women are no different and they can get attached and want emotional and relationship needs filled as well. they may not be as dramatic in their reactions and they may not make a big issue of it but deep down they have the same feelings as younger girls. the only difference is that they are wrapped in an older package and have more life experience.

advice for younger girls: a career or a job is no reason to put off having a relationship. guys who are really into that usually are out looking for you early. the ones left when you are in your 30s and 40s are often the ones who are hesitant for some reason or another. you can go to college together , start your careers together no problem. but corporations are no reason to put it off if you happen to meet someone and you have a mutual affinity. a career is not necessarily a life. often its just a small part of one if you work it right or a big part only if thats your personal thing. place the most importance and energy into something no one would have to pay you to do whatever that is. don't give your entire life to anyone or anything. always remember it belongs to you and your happiness. it should never be about what the rest of society thinks its cool that you're doing.