Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #326
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

I collect video games, read books (bizarro is my current genre du jour) and seem to be on an instrumental hip hop/IDM (shit acronym/name) listening kick.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #327
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Win/Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
...snipped... to test and evaluate. He's a 20+ year veteran in the field of VLF, has a great location that's monitored continuously via radio link to his house, and knows loop receivers very well! I can't travel, so this client's evaluation is an opportunity of a lifetime for me!!!

...snipped...
The VLF guy opened his package and began to test his VLF Scout receiver today. He called today and in a 2 hour conversation, that resembled 2 brothers catching up on things, mentioned how overwhelmed he was with my receiver's ability to receive better on its 10" X 10" loop than his other loop receivers did, using far larger loops! Meeting a cherished new friend is as rich as it gets in this line of work!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #328
ColeR91

ColeR91 can now change their title

Like many here I love instruments. I've been playing bass for 4 years & guitar for nearly 3 years. I'm currently trying to teach myself to sing however I think I should just give in & get lessons. I hope to learn drums in the near future, & the keyboard & cello at some point. I never see music become more then a hobby in my life, but I also can't see myself dropping it. I do wish I had started learning early then at 16 years old though.
ColeR91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #329
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeR91 View Post
Like many here I love instruments. I've been playing bass for 4 years & guitar for nearly 3 years. I'm currently trying to teach myself to sing however I think I should just give in & get lessons. I hope to learn drums in the near future, & the keyboard & cello at some point. I never see music become more then a hobby in my life, but I also can't see myself dropping it. I do wish I had started learning early then at 16 years old though.
Welcome to Dimensions Forums and thanks for posting about your hobby. Music, IMHO, is one of the best!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #330
deanbpm

deanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this boarddeanbpm carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
I collect video games, read books (bizarro is my current genre du jour) and seem to be on an instrumental hip hop/IDM (shit acronym/name) listening kick.
Big in to IDM myself and I agree, shit name.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #331
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Perfboard Piracy

Here's a You Tube Video on prototyping with Perfboard. I build on completely unbacked perfboard, but this vid shows many of the techniques used in perfboard construction.

Photo: View of wiring side, LM3886 Power Amp Modules,
used in my subwoofer amp system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S woof amp LM3886 boards wiring side wb lg.jpg (74.4 KB, 191 views)

Old 07-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #332
ImReallyGoodWithAFork

ImReallyGoodWithAFork can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesImReallyGoodWithAFork can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

A pop art self portrait of me when I was 3.
ImReallyGoodWithAFork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #333
BigWilliamUK

BigWilliamUK can now change their title
Cool Chess

Ok my hobby is Chess , sometimes seen as boring and nerdy but I enjoy it and am reasonably good at it. I sometimes compete in competitions around the UK , I play for a local club and have played for my County on numerous occassions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chess.jpg (6.9 KB, 168 views)
BigWilliamUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #334
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

chess is badass and definitely not nerdy, I can't play chess because when i do I start having dreams about it and get super obsessed with it
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #335
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Driver's Seat

Quote:
Well Guys, I did get that subwoofer cabinet out of the closet last night. ...snipped...

...using the Dayton Audio SD270A-88, Parts Express 298-486, dual voice-coil 10" subwoofer. The modestly priced woofer, at $32.00, plus shipping, delivers a mind-blowing accurate, powerful bass!...snipped...
After a few months of use, I've developed a real fondness for the natural, uncompressed, power of a real, unprocessed, electric bass guitar, as I've seen, heard, and felt on many great You Tube video's. This Dutchman's channel, infusion26, is unbelievable!!! His playing, instrument, and audio capture are, hands down, the best I've found on You Tube!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bass infusion26 wb md.jpg (36.8 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg S woof new front wb md.jpg (80.8 KB, 142 views)

Old 08-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #336
shandyman

shandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going on

I collect fossils and read lots of Sci-fi watch films and lots and lots of music.
One of my biggest passions are cars and motorsports. I am about to train to become a motorsports marshal at racetracks (best way I can get up close and personal to race cars for free). I also have a strong desire to have a whole host of old and classic cars, old Jaguars, Porsches and Landrovers are what I usually go for, although at the moment my bank balance wont allow for it.
My family have a small farm and I spend many hours there helping with the animals and constant maintenance that needs to be done.
When I need to get away from it all I tend to head to the hills and go camping and looking for fossils
shandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #337
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyman View Post
I collect fossils and read lots of Sci-fi watch films and lots and lots of music.
One of my biggest passions are cars and motorsports. I am about to train to become a motorsports marshal at racetracks (best way I can get up close and personal to race cars for free). I also have a strong desire to have a whole host of old and classic cars, old Jaguars, Porsches and Landrovers are what I usually go for, although at the moment my bank balance wont allow for it.
My family have a small farm and I spend many hours there helping with the animals and constant maintenance that needs to be done.
When I need to get away from it all I tend to head to the hills and go camping and looking for fossils
Welcome to these forums and to my Guy's Hobby Thread, Shandyman. Looks like you're into some really cool stuff!

Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #338
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Whoops!!!

Quote:
After a few months of use, I've developed a real fondness for the natural, uncompressed, power of a real, unprocessed, electric bass guitar, as I've seen, heard, and felt on many great You Tube video's. This Dutchman's channel, infusion26, is unbelievable!!! His playing, instrument, and audio capture are, hands down, the best I've found on You Tube!!!
I forgot to post a link to the Guy's channel. Here's on of him doing a bass cover of Dutch group Golden Earring's Radar Love.

Snif f 'n' The Tears-Driver's Seat

Old 08-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #339
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Mending Fences

I've been out, mending the fence of my big cyberranch, Tenn. Loop Ranch. I recently bought this Tripp Lite Internet 750U UPS from an ebay seller. Output voltage jitter looked a bit disturbing on my light bulb test load, so I went over it real well on the bench and contacted Tripp Lite before placing the UPS in service. Every ranch needs a good fence to keep the stock in and the varmits out. Granted my surge fence is electrical, but it does keep varmits and vermin from entering via power and phone lines!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Surge fence tenn loop ranch wb lg.jpg (94.5 KB, 127 views)

Old 08-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #340
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Caption!

Sorry Guys, I forgot to caption the IMG in that last post!

Here!

Any resemblance between this wiring job and
a roll of gnarly, rusted-up bobbwar (Southern
for "barbed wire") and/or haywar (hay-bailing
wire) is purely coincidental!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Surge fence tenn loop ranch wb lg.jpg (94.5 KB, 122 views)

Old 08-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #341
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
To be honest the best way I've found to get that sort of tone is to play fingerstyle as that Dutch guy is, use a clean amp channel with all effects turned off and using flatwound strings. Roundwounds just have too bright a sound. Another advantage is that flatwound strings can last for years in the right hands. Though with me being a putz who doesn't know my own strength sometimes I only get a couple of months out of them...and they are absolutely murder on the fingers.

I'll be getting one of these in the near future, they have a lovely tone!

MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #342
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
To be honest the best way I've found to get that sort of tone is to play fingerstyle as that Dutch guy is, use a clean amp channel with all effects turned off and using flatwound strings. Roundwounds just have too bright a sound. Another advantage is that flatwound strings can last for years in the right hands. Though with me being a putz who doesn't know my own strength sometimes I only get a couple of months out of them...and they are absolutely murder on the fingers.

I'll be getting one of these in the near future, they have a lovely tone!

Hope you can get that lovely instrument!

I find myself wondering if the Dutch guy played through a direct box. My heavily damped 10" subwoofer just thumps and purrs that guy's every note with such power and precision that I just drool when I fantasize what a half-a-kilowatt would sound like from a real instrument through a 9 cubic foot cab, heavily damped, with 9 of those Dayton 10's!!!

The single 10", at 50 watts, loaded into the corner of my walk-in closet sounds and feels like a real instrument and amp, so 9 would....

Old 09-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #343
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Safe!!!

Quote:
Sorry Guys, I forgot to caption the IMG in that last post!

Here!

Any resemblance between this wiring job and
a roll of gnarly, rusted-up bobbwar (Southern
for "barbed wire") and/or haywar (hay-bailing
wire) is purely coincidental!!!
Sweeeet!!! The bobbwar/haywar fence patch held fine! The electric varmits did not scramble data in my hard drive during today's storm, despite a near-by lightning strike hitting a power line, dropping our house outlet voltage to around 40 for 3 seconds, and even tripping the circuit breaker on the oxygen concentrator!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #344
Kazak

Kazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized rep

Attachment 107682
Attachment 107683
Attachment 107684
Attachment 107685
Attachment 107686
I got bored

Last edited by Kazak; 08-13-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #345
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

Lately I have been enjoying traditional manly pursuits, like combing my luxurious thatch of chest hair, drinking mead, and making my own sausages. This summer I expect to excel at the ancient arts of yodeling and writing my deep philosophical ponderings on artisanal papyrus, hand-rolled by wise old hippies on a commune deep in the woods of northern New Hampshire.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #346
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm a 3d artist and modeler.
I don't have a lot of newer work to show off and the horror/monster stuff I do tends to turn some people off.

tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote