Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #26
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
You could try torrid. While the shoes they sell aren't really the greatest, they are good for an inexpensive cute shoe that will be around for a brief time. They are, in my opinion, kind of cheaply made, but like I said good for a short while. They can indeed be hard to find! I know as i've a small foot (7) but it's a wide foot. I sometimes try a size bigger if the shoe isn't provided in W. I too absolutely LOVE wearing heels! I have a few pairs and sport them when I can. They are indeed a good way to make a woman feel sexy, even if they don't make me very tall,lol! I'm 5'3 on a reallly good day-so even if I were to strap on an incredibly impracticle pair of six inch heels, I'm no amazon! But I personally think every woman should have a pair of hot high heels, even if it's just to wear around the house for yourself. Doing what makes you feel good is the main idea
I got a pair of 2 inch heeled boots from Torrid and I absolutely loved them and their fit, except for how tight they were around my calves.

I should try a pair of regular higher heels from them and give it a shot, why not right? Even if they were cheap, it'd work for me.

Heh..I have a pair of kinky slick black stiletto 6 inchers in my closet. <3 them and wish I could wear them out of the bedroom, but sadly they're not walking material cause of how narrow they are.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #27
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinguyforbbw View Post
Interesting. I would never feel uncomfortable with a woman who was taller than me. Is it your bf who feels uncomfortable, or you?
Seems to be a lot of things women do that you're uncomfortable with, eh?

I'm 5'7-8ish, and I love love love love love high heels. My mom doesn't understand it, but I just don't think about it. I wear what I want, and I don't care how tall it makes me look. I've only ever dated guys shorter than me, and they've never seemed to have a problem with it except one, who made a rude comment and got the boot
Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #28
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

No matter my size, I've never liked heels. I've tried wedges, and they're a little better, but the pain is really just way too much.

That coupled with my impossible mission finding shoes for my cabbage patch feet - it's just not happening.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #29
Jello404

Jello404 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJello404 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I rarely wear hills because I will break my fucking next.I look sexy as all hell tho

also I have a hard time finding hills that support my weight evenly and fit me correctly.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #30
Malarkey

Malarkey can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMalarkey can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMalarkey can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantisAK View Post
I got a pair of 2 inch heeled boots from Torrid and I absolutely loved them and their fit, except for how tight they were around my calves.

I should try a pair of regular higher heels from them and give it a shot, why not right? Even if they were cheap, it'd work for me.

Heh..I have a pair of kinky slick black stiletto 6 inchers in my closet. <3 them and wish I could wear them out of the bedroom, but sadly they're not walking material cause of how narrow they are.
I have big calves too. Try going a size bigger (even half a size). Also, if you wear tights or nylons-it usually helps with fitting round the calves (at least zipping the bloody things up!). You can typically find a few inches of grace by doing this
Malarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #31
KayaNee
3-D Booty

KayaNee does more than just post hot picsKayaNee does more than just post hot picsKayaNee does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
That coupled with my impossible mission finding shoes for my cabbage patch feet - it's just not happening.
Cabbage patch feet! hahaha That's a good description of my feet too!
KayaNee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #32
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
I have big calves too. Try going a size bigger (even half a size). Also, if you wear tights or nylons-it usually helps with fitting round the calves (at least zipping the bloody things up!). You can typically find a few inches of grace by doing this
I've actually tried that, knowing the bigger the size, the wider the calf... But that doesn't help when my shoes start slipping off or sliding around. There isn't much of a happy medium.
I've never worn tights or nylons before actually, because I can almost never find a pair that fit me either. Go figure eh?
Thanks for the suggestion, it might help other people though.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #33
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Interesting. I would never feel uncomfortable with a woman who was taller than me. Is it your bf who feels uncomfortable, or you?
Well to be fair I think its kinda both of us. I don't particularly want to slow dance with him and be the one looking down...it just feels wrong to me lol. I'd still rock the heels in private though rest assured!

Last edited by Fallenangel2904; 06-19-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:45 AM   #34
Malarkey

Malarkey can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMalarkey can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMalarkey can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantisAK View Post
I've actually tried that, knowing the bigger the size, the wider the calf... But that doesn't help when my shoes start slipping off or sliding around. There isn't much of a happy medium.
I've never worn tights or nylons before actually, because I can almost never find a pair that fit me either. Go figure eh?
Thanks for the suggestion, it might help other people though.
Hmmm...SOL? lol We have similarities when it comes to these things, you are obviously not alone. Hopefully SOMETHING will cange soon for all of us at least where boots are concerned.....I really do fancy a pair of knee high's.>sigh< until then!
Malarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #35
thinguyforbbw
On Timeout

thinguyforbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesthinguyforbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenangel2904 View Post
Well to be fair I think its kinda both of us. I don't particularly want to slow dance with him and be the one looking down...it just feels wrong to me lol. I'd still rock the heels in private though rest assured!
but why would it be wrong? because society frowns upon it? who cares? do what you feel is good for you as long as it is not irresponsible and does not have an adverse affect on others!
thinguyforbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #36
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
but why would it be wrong? because society frowns upon it? who cares? do what you feel is good for you as long as it is not irresponsible and does not have an adverse affect on others!

STOP.

Seriously...STOP.

Step away from fat women until you learn the smallest amount of respect. You do not get to decide what is OK, and not OK for fat women, because of what you personally like or don't like.

Stop.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #37
AtlantisAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
STOP.

Seriously...STOP.

Step away from fat women until you learn the smallest amount of respect. You do not get to decide what is OK, and not OK for fat women, because of what you personally like or don't like.

Stop.
Ditto what you've said, Mossy!
To ThinGuy:
You stated "do what you feel is good for you" and well, she stated before:
"I don't particularly want to slow dance with him and be the one looking down...it just feels wrong to me lol."
Please note the last part the..."...it just feels wrong to me".
She, from what I gather, doesn't feel comfortable in that scenario. Nowhere did I see it stated that it was because of peer pressure or society's norms. Actually, no set reason was given.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #38
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Thank you for speeding up your banning. 'preciate it!
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #39
disconnectedsmile
RATING: AWESOME

disconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions communitydisconnectedsmile is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
in all seriousness, what is your problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
"I'M A ZEBRA, I'M A ZEBRA, FUCK YOU, I'M A ZEBRA!"
disconnectedsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #40
Yoroi

Yoroi has said some nice things

Quote:
i rarely see fat women wearing high heels, is this because they're less stable at walking and so it is dangerous for them? or it is because they think they won't look good in them?
Both. High heels are usually considered sexy and fat women wearing them are mostly seen as ridiculous for some reason :I.
The other reason is that the thinner heels you wear and the more you weight, the more pressure is on a smaller area. All the weight goes to the heels.
Yoroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #41
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I think I've been really nice when replying to your posts, but even I have a limit. You asked me my opinion here. MY OPINION. And I told you. To me it feels weird. Not to the girl next to me, or to my great Aunt Sally, or HELL to to Oprah....to ME. Okay?

As for your notions on what is 'responsible' and what is not, I really think you should count your losses and stop shoving them on people on this board.

I like to wear flats with my boyfriend. It's my prerogative. While on the subject- I like to eat on trains. I will continue to do both whether you think I'm being' 'responsible' by doing so or not. Hell, I MAY even eat on the train while WEARING flats!

Have a nice day.
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #42
smiley55

smiley55 can now change their title

i used to hate heels, but now i cannot live without them. they give me a huge confidence boost. to me they scream femininity and downright sexiness! i have been wearing heels for so long that they feel like any other shoes to me so it doesn't bother me too much comfort-wise.

cheers!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #43
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenangel2904 View Post

Quote:

First of all, thinguy, after reading your other posts around the boards, I highly doubt I'd want you to judge what is responsible of me or not regarding high heels and the men I date whilst wearing them... or any other lady for that matter. Even if fallenangel didn't want to wear high heels around her guy because "society frowns upon it", if it makes her uncomfortable for whatever reason, it is her prerogative what kind of shoes she wears. And hers alone.

That said, I understand the "it feels wrong" bit completely and I know you aren't answering to "society" or anyone else but your gut, fallenangel.

I'm only 5'6" and my first boyfriend said he was 5'6" but I could see over the top of his head... so I'm thinking he may have been inflating his numbers a bit. It felt wrong to me bending down to kiss him when I was barefoot, let alone in high heels.

Here's why it felt wrong to me, and I don't pretend to speak for all women... For me, as a big girl, I already feel less than feminine because I've never received much male attention in real life and it can be harder to dress femininely as a bigger girl. I've come to accept since then that I am wonderfully female but this was my first boyfriend and I was a bit younger. Bending down to kiss him made me feel even less feminine than I already did.

This is not the reason I dumped him (maybe it was him telling me what to eat and being stupid in general, whatevs) but to this day, I still have a tendency to pass on guys that aren't at least 5'10". And yes, I know, my Prince Charming could be wonderfully 5'8" but this Cinderella likes to lean up into her kisses... and wear the occasional 5" stiletto. I'd like to think that if I were only 5'2" like my mother the height ceiling would be lower as I'm more interested in relative height than tallness in general.

And yes, to get back toward the thread topic, I love love love wearing high heels. I love the way a good 4" pointy-toe black pump elongates my legs. It makes me walk with better posture and feel glamorous. I always wear heels when I substitute teach unless I'm teaching at the elementary school... then I wear more practical shoes as I end up participating in recess.

My favorites are my Christian Louboutin Very Prive Satin 5" peep toes. It seems like it's always raining when I want to wear them, though. I suppose satin wasn't the logical choice.

Girls of all sizes can hate wearing heels, although there is a lot more pressure on the feet for big girls. My little sister is a size six and hates wearing heels. She borrows my broken in heels from time to time but doesn't own a pair of her own. She likes that I break them in for her, lol.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:59 AM   #44
queencecilia

queencecilia has said some nice things

I don't wear heels because I'm insanely tall for a woman. I'm in perpetual danger from door frames, chandeliers, and low flying aircraft, and seeing as how I like to keep my days as concussion free as possible I'll stick to my sandals and sneakers.

They're damn sexy though.
queencecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #45
chubsmuggler

chubsmuggler can now change their title

I save the heels for special occasions and clubbing. XD I do, however, have a fave pair of boots and wedges that I will wear casually. 8D

And yes, after a while, they do hurt like a bitch.
chubsmuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #46
thinguyforbbw
On Timeout

thinguyforbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesthinguyforbbw can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aocutiepi View Post
Even if fallenangel didn't want to wear high heels around her guy because "society frowns upon it", if it makes her uncomfortable for whatever reason, it is her prerogative what kind of shoes she wears. And hers alone.

That said, I understand the "it feels wrong" bit completely and I know you aren't answering to "society" or anyone else but your gut, fallenangel.

I'm only 5'6" and my first boyfriend said he was 5'6" but I could see over the top of his head... so I'm thinking he may have been inflating his numbers a bit. It felt wrong to me bending down to kiss him when I was barefoot, let alone in high heels.

Here's why it felt wrong to me, and I don't pretend to speak for all women... For me, as a big girl, I already feel less than feminine because I've never received much male attention in real life and it can be harder to dress femininely as a bigger girl. I've come to accept since then that I am wonderfully female but this was my first boyfriend and I was a bit younger. Bending down to kiss him made me feel even less feminine than I already did.

This is not the reason I dumped him (maybe it was him telling me what to eat and being stupid in general, whatevs) but to this day, I still have a tendency to pass on guys that aren't at least 5'10". And yes, I know, my Prince Charming could be wonderfully 5'8" but this Cinderella likes to lean up into her kisses... and wear the occasional 5" stiletto. I'd like to think that if I were only 5'2" like my mother the height ceiling would be lower as I'm more interested in relative height than tallness in general.
this just looks like hypocrisy to me.

let us see, this forum is about size acceptance, yes? if a guy decides he will not date big women no matter how nice she is, he is a size-ist. If a woman decides to not date a man because he is shorter than her, nah, that ain't size-ism, it is just preference. It is because it does not feel right to her. It is because it makes her feel uncomfortable.

And why does she feel this way? Probably because of society. I bet if in Hollywood movies and TV shows they started pairing a shorter hero with a shorter heroine, where the heroine would bend down to kiss the hero, then it would become a lot more acceptable generally for a woman to date a shorter man. And then maybe you would not feel uncomfortable bending down to kiss someone.

So ultimately, your decision not to date someone shorter is probably influenced by society and is size discriminating, so next time, before you decide to tell others how size-ist they are, you might want to take a look at yourself first.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #47
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

You're so cute when you think you have a valid opinion.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #48
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Somebody doesn't like when the toys talk back.

Aw.

So sad.

Too bad.

* sniffsniff *
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #49
thinguyforbbw
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Somebody doesn't like when the toys talk back.

Aw.

So sad.

Too bad.

* sniffsniff *
I don't want to sour the mood at these forums, because these forums are meant to be a place where fat people can find some happiness and solace, but is it not funny mossy that you're willing to look over her discrimination, yet you're more than happy to have a go at me for my non-discrimination.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #50
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
You say the above when its something you like, but when something makes you uncomfortable we get the eating on a train thread.