Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 06-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Crystal

Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crystal has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Fat wome, but not fat men, have trouble finding sex partners?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37710334.../wid/11915773/

Well, duh.

PS. Sorry for the typo in the title; using an iPhone here.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Cool Re: Fat wome, but not fat men, have trouble finding sex partners?

I am glad we here are mostly Americans and are not bothered about these sort of problems like the French are.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

the researchers also leave out the human factor of study... women often downplay the amount of sex and partners they have while men tend to do the opposite. I could have sex all day every day with different men each hour if
i wanted.
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
the researchers also leave out the human factor of study... women often downplay the amount of sex and partners they have while men tend to do the opposite. I could have sex all day every day with different men each hour if
i wanted.
I have to think maybe it has to do with the fact that fat french men have perilously low standards? Besides, did they factor out visits to the madame? Prostitution is legal there. So any man that's got the coin can have as much or as little as he wants.
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stldpn View Post
I have to think maybe it has to do with the fact that fat french men have perilously low standards? Besides, did they factor out visits to the madame? Prostitution is legal there. So any man that's got the coin can have as much or as little as he wants.
Yea, I was about to say its in France. And we at least can surmise what French men like in women
Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Make_Lunch_Not_War
Ken

Location: New Jersey, home of mosquitoes & underachieving NHL teams
Make_Lunch_Not_War can now change their title

I've GOT to move to France, home of croissants, great art museums and BHM's who (apparently) don't have a problem finding sex partners.

Last edited by Make_Lunch_Not_War; 06-17-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Make_Lunch_Not_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have never had a problem finding (hot) sex partners hehe
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #8
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Me neither, I could have a different sex partner every week if i wanted. NO shortage of closet FAs, unfortunately. A bf though.. that is a while other ball game!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #9
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stldpn View Post
^Not really. It's similar to the sitch in UK where it's also technically legal, but so many of the things required to make it work, (as work) e.g. advertising, soliciting etc. are illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_France
Old 06-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #10
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
I have never had a problem finding (hot) sex partners hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Me neither, I could have a different sex partner every week if i wanted.

Of course, being gorgeous confers a certain advantage ...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #11
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

Just a heads up, this was also posted and discussed in this thread:
http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=73836

What I said over there was:

While I don't necessarily like this, or agree with its generalization (IE fat woman aren't gonna get any...) I can understand it. Outside of our community fat woman are not held in very high regard by most thanks to media and what society deems to be 'hot'. I always hated that, in mainstream society it seemed more acceptable for a bigger guy to be with a smaller woman, but almost taboo for a skinny guy to be with a big woman. I mean even based on things we see on TV (Shows like Yes Dear- with a BHM married to a petite woman) But notice you rarely really see shows or movies with BBW/SSBBW married to thin guys.

IDK...I guess maybe because I've experienced the almost stigma at having sex with a fat chick by non FA guys. Not all Big girls might experience this, but I have seen it.
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #12
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make_Lunch_Not_War View Post
I've GOT to move to France, home of croissants, great art museums and BHM's who (apparently) don't have a problem finding sex partners.

Really, I should have paid more attention in high school French class.

Unfortunately I don't think this study is applicable in the USA. Its been my experience that in the USA (even in the so called size acceptance community) fat guys don't get much play. Indeed its not uncommon to hear fat ladies bad mouthing fat guys at BBW events (I've posted about this before). Its even worse in the rest of the world.

As some of the ladies noted -- they can hook-up anytime they want. All they have to do is go to the local BBW club. Unfortunately there's no such option for horny fat guys.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
Make_Lunch_Not_War
Ken

Location: New Jersey, home of mosquitoes & underachieving NHL teams
Make_Lunch_Not_War can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Indeed its not uncommon to hear fat ladies bad mouthing fat guys at BBW events (I've posted about this before).
That may be true but I've also heard plenty of fat men say disparaging things about BBWs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
As some of the ladies noted -- they can hook-up anytime they want. All they have to do is go to the local BBW club.
They don't even need to go to a BBW club; all they have to is go to a bar and just look "available" and I'm sure within a few minutes some horny guy will hit on them.

Last edited by Make_Lunch_Not_War; 06-18-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Make_Lunch_Not_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make_Lunch_Not_War View Post
They don't even need to go to a BBW club; all they have to is go to a bar and just look "available" and I'm sure within a few minutes some horny guy will hit on them.
You're probably right.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #15
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

A woman can have sex with any man willing. Take a man and a woman and stand him or her by the street corner. Both have a sign saying "Would you have sex with me?" Who do you think will get more responses? One reason you see a lot more female prostitutes than the male ones (for straight women).

My point is perhaps the women in this study don't have the need to spread their legs to every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there and the study dismisses this as 'having trouble finding sexual partners'. Society seems to frown upon sexually active women more so than men so that may be a factor in the study.

SMH......

Last edited by KittyKitten; 06-19-2010 at 09:24 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #16
NoWayOut

NoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going onNoWayOut knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
A woman can have sex with any man willing. Take a man and a woman and stand him or her by the street corner. Both have a sign saying "Would you have sex with me?" Who do you think will get more responses? One reason you see a lot more female prostitutes than the male ones (for straight women).

My point is perhaps the women in this study don't have the need to spread their legs to every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there and the study dismisses this as 'having trouble finding sexual partners'. Society seems to frown upon sexually active women more so than men so that may be a factor in the study.

SMH......
That's a very good point. When you really think about it, this study was really a colossal waste of time.
NoWayOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #17
KittyKitten

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
That's a very good point. When you really think about it, this study was really a colossal waste of time.
As with most of those studies that focus on making an example of certain groups of people especially with the obese and blacks.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #18
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't know what the problem is with French women in this study but this has never been an issue with me.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
t3h_n00b

t3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going ont3h_n00b knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post

SMH......

AgreeD. That's been a part of pop culture since forever. Just look at the Honeymooners, the flintstones, etc and more recently at the Fresh Prince and Family Matters. It's a very acceptable pairing apparently. It definitely says something about gender roles.
t3h_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #20
stldpn
On Timeout

stldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging instldpn makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by joswitch View Post
^Not really. It's similar to the sitch in UK where it's also technically legal, but so many of the things required to make it work, (as work) e.g. advertising, soliciting etc. are illegal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_France
So what you're saying is that it's illegal for me to procure a prostitute even when they had all those interesting advertisements beamed right into my room offering all the way massage at 2am?
stldpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

Most, if not all of us women on this board get bombarded with men wanting to have sex with us.......don't we have a whole thread or two about the stupid lines they give us?? We're actually complaining about too damn many sexual proposals, we want an actual relationship. This study is very, very wrong....lol!!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #22
KittyKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by calauria View Post
Most, if not all of us women on this board get bombarded with men wanting to have sex with us......]
Really? Most of the men here want to break my neck and hate my guts.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #23
BBW4Chattery

BBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by calauria View Post
Most, if not all of us women on this board get bombarded with men wanting to have sex with us.......
Not I, said the big red (my hair is red) hen.

I don't actively participate in any FA community other than this chat board and I've never been openly treated badly by my "average" sized peers. Still, there's occasional pity that flows my way because they know one of these things is not like the other...

Sexual partners are influenced by your community...

I truly believe there's a stigma associated with me, as a fat chick, that will prevent most males in my current community from considering me as a suitable mate/partner because of my size... and that would be an acceptable bias to everyone else also within my social circle (male and female).

No one is mean about it... but it's unspoken and present. I don't have skinny friends trying to set me up with their single guy friends because we all know... that isn't going to happen. I get the random offer of a hook up with certain down on their luck fellas... and the always blood pressure spiking, "why don't you date someone?"

Within my community, I have a hard time finding sexual partners. Between 200-300 lbs, it has NEVER come from spontaneous interaction and I've had to seek partners outside of my community when I wanted sex. I don't have hopes that this will change and it's disappointing to me. I want a partner who shares my interests and social circles. It sucks a little.

Although, this is n=1... just my experience... so I know you guys may have better ones to report. Just saying that for me, the study rings truth.
BBW4Chattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #24
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

Well, damn!! I don't know which one is worse, not getting any/very little sexual proposals or men treating you like a slutbag whore

It's actually not flattering when all men want to do is f*** you. It doesn't mean they care or respect me. It just means that they want to use me for a minute. And men do have sex with women they don't find attractive and women they hate. So, a man wanting to have sex with me, doesn't mean anything.

This one guy I used to date said that he has sex with ugly girls, because they know how to f*** So, I asked him was he calling me ugly, he said no, he didn't mean me, so I decided to mess with him and ask him, "So, you're saying I don't know how to f***, then?"

Guys have sex just to be having sex...and no I don't mean all guys, I'm just saying....
Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #25
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Me neither, I could have a different sex partner every week if i wanted. NO shortage of closet FAs, unfortunately. A bf though.. that is a while other ball game!
I agree with this times one million.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote