Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 06-29-2010, 06:02 AM   #1
KatieKat

KatieKat has said some nice things
Smile BBW dating web sites

I have been single for a few months now and am looking to try to get out in the dating world again. I live in a small town so there is slim pickins as it is and even fewer FA's. I would be really interested in finding a dating website for BBW's. I have looked at a few but they seem less than legit. Has anyone had success with any sites? If this has already been discussed somewhere my apologies. I tried to find a similar topic but couldn't
KatieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hi KatieKat, and welcome to the boards!

You could try out BBWDatefinder or LargeFriends. They both seem to be legit, and I have used both myself at different times, with varying degrees of success.
Good luck with your search, and don't be shy about letting us know how you go
Old 06-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

The BBW dating site I've had by FAR the most replies on has been the tangowire sites. You can sign up under plussizeconnection.com and it connects with people from a bunch of different bbw dating sites (under the tangowire name). I've tried several different BBW dating sites over the years, and that's the one that's worked best for me in terms of meeting guys who seem like they are actually guys I might fit with, and where there are enough guys signed up that there's some choice.

But I've actually had more luck in general with a free non-BBW specific site, plentyoffish.com. Yes, you'll have a lot of muck to sort through (ie, guys who just want sex), but there are some good people on there too. I've gone one lots of dates from that site. More than any BBW site.

Internet dating is rough. I've been doing it for a while. And while I'm on a break from it now, I've done a TON of it in the past, with varying results. I'd be happy to answer any more specific questions or anything over PM if there's something you don't want to post to the board. Good luck to you!
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
KatieKat

Thought I would give a quick update. I am finding that traditional dating sites are more user friendly and there are more people close to my area. The BBW dating sites make it difficult to find someone if you are not in a major city. The one guy who lives semi- close to me looked like a complete serial killer lol. I have been getting more responses from the BBW dating site but all have been from overseas and that just isn't going to happen. If anyone else has any suggestions I would love to hear them.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hear ya, KatieKat. That is my issue with the more specific websites as well. There's virtually no one to contact. And it makes it really hard and frustrating.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

BBW Personals Plus is a fairly good site. They have forums as well.To access them you have to pay to join. I was on it for a long time. ( Hmm that doesn't make me sound too appealing now does it?)
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
KatieKat

I really wish dims had something along the lines of a relationship forum or a way to make romantic connections. There are so many awesome and like-minded people on here not to mention the guys are pretty cute
Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
dddbbw36

dddbbw36 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKat View Post
I really wish dims had something along the lines of a relationship forum or a way to make romantic connections. There are so many awesome and like-minded people on here not to mention the guys are pretty cute

I agree, though I can see why the site may not want to. Might just bring more drama. Delicious drama.

I'll second plentyoffish. I only signed up about two weeks ago and have gotten two serious replies from it

OkCupid is ok, but it just seems to be the same people again and again I'm seeing matches for.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #9
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

As a young person who doesn't want any booty calls, POF is nothing but drama, to me.

I do agree that there's some real eye candy on the site Both ways. We're rather lucky to get to see each other on here! But as previously said, drama can ensue. Crapper

My horrible luck has me just believing I'll be single forever.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
As a young person who doesn't want any booty calls, POF is nothing but drama, to me.

I do agree that there's some real eye candy on the site Both ways. We're rather lucky to get to see each other on here! But as previously said, drama can ensue. Crapper

My horrible luck has me just believing I'll be single forever.
POF was not good for me either.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #11
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

like you i was really curious about dating sites so i tried most of them. i actually met some nice decent people on POF. my experience might be different because i'm older. but yeah there are a lot of guys there just out for a piece. but i think thats all of the dating sites so be prepared for a lot of chaff rather than wheat. the people i met on POF were local etc... and really wanted to date instead of perv a fat woman online from afar. yeah there are a lot of jerks on there too but i find that on all of the sites. after years of having ads up on tangowire peoplemeet etc... i'd say i found more hoggers there (BBW specific sites) than anywhere. and nobody worth dating or even just chatting with more than once in general in many years. personally i find that non BBW sites are the best for finding someone who is interested in you instead of a fetish and who really looks at you as a woman. but the best is still to try and meet someone IRL.

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-03-2010 at 07:28 AM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #12
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
honey they might be cute but ... there is a lot more to it than being cute and being sexually attracted to fat girls. you have to actually be ready to have an honest relationship with one. don't make the mistake of limiting yourself to dims or even the community. you could end up being very disappointed. sometimes guys can forget that being fat isn't a woman's total definition. its just a part of her physical description. its not so much of a challenge to find a guy who likes fat women as it is a challenge to find a guy who'll put it in its proper perspective and won't forget what we need as women. nothing worse than a guy who can look you in the eye and say "i like your body, that should be enough." its horrible when someone thinks he is doing you some kind of favor by being sexually attracted to you and doesn't want to bother to try to really be your man.

Last edited by superodalisque; 07-03-2010 at 07:21 AM.
superodalisque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:16 PM   #13
MadeFA

MadeFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMadeFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default humble opinion

If I may add my humble opinion on what would make POF a lot more successful for bbw's that are seeking an FA... I HIGHLY recommend posting a picture (tasteful, nothing crazy... unless that is your style) that shows your body off. Just a picture with a friend, or a picture of you... we all have some pictures that show our entire frame, and I think this is a VERY subtle way of saying, "Hey, I am a chubby/bbw/ssbbw etc..." woman.

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT WAY of making it clear and you would be surprised just how helpful this would be.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #14
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

I've done exactly that with my profile and trust me, it didn't help.

I really am bringing it down to the fact that my city is crap.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #15
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddbbw36 View Post
I agree, though I can see why the site may not want to. Might just bring more drama. Delicious drama.
Who DOESN'T want drama?

There is a 2010 Singles Thread, maybe that'd be a good place to look? Although maybe that might be kinda hard cause of narrowing it down to a certain state or province, that sort of thing, unless it was mentioned in that particular posting.

Sorry to post in a BBW forum, but I had to throw in my two cents, I s'pose.

Last edited by willowmoon; 07-05-2010 at 06:37 AM.
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #16
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I really am bringing it down to the fact that my city is crap.

If you're not happy in Cornwall may I suggest getting out. I spent almost 10 years after graduation spinning my wheels in northern Alberta. Now I wish I'd left when I was 21 not 31. Get in your car//bus//train and hit the road. Toronto and Vancouver are great cities, hell even Calgary's not that bad.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #17
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Lmao, if it was that easy for me, I would have done it a LONG time ago.

I don't drive and don't have any money. So leaving here is damn near impossible.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #18
queensizedelight

queensizedelight has said some nice things

Quote:
Lmao, if it was that easy for me, I would have done it a LONG time ago.

I don't drive and don't have any money. So leaving here is damn near impossible.
Hey everyone! You should try out BODaciousdating.com
Panterra XO
queensizedelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

I'm so sick of signing up for dating sites or online places to meet people and make friends etc that I've just had it and decided to just see it this way: If no one says anything to me or approaches me, that means no one is interested in me.

Saves me a lot of hurt and hassle.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I'm so sick of signing up for dating sites or online places to meet people and make friends etc that I've just had it and decided to just see it this way: If no one says anything to me or approaches me, that means no one is interested in me.

Saves me a lot of hurt and hassle.
This includes online, right? I mean - you're keeping up your online profiles and everything, and just letting people send you a note if they're interested?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #21
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
This includes online, right? I mean - you're keeping up your online profiles and everything, and just letting people send you a note if they're interested?
I don't even sign in to any websites. Not active = no replies.

I think I've sent a first message about 20 times in the past. More than half without a reply back, and never knowing what to write.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
LovelyLiz

Quote:
I don't even sign in to any websites. Not active = no replies.

I think I've sent a first message about 20 times in the past. More than half without a reply back, and never knowing what to write.
Yeah, the reply-back ratio is pretty low for me too. So I just typically don't send out first messages (unless the guy is really SO great that I just have to). But I did log into the sites pretty regularly when I was doing online dating (I'm taking a break from online dating for the summer), just to open up more possibilities that someone would contact me.

And look, yeah of course we're in the 21st century and women don't have to wait for men to make the first move. But this is just me realizing what has and hasn't worked for me, and going for what has worked.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:47 AM   #23
tubatu

tubatu has said some nice things
Smile

I joined several BBW sites as I'm a BHM and there aren't that many for us. I had great success on 2 of them, Largefriends.com and BBWcupid.com
I met up with a lady from Largefriends and we became an item for a couple of years but parted amicably and we are still great friends.

I then joined BBWCupid and met someone who turned my life upside down. We are due to be married in November!! Exciting or what?
She is a gorgeous BBW and we are head over heels in love with each other.

So I would say keep trying the sites, the right person will come along. You do have to sort through all the weirdos, scammers etc but do persevere.

Wishing you all the best.

tubatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:54 AM   #24
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As with ALL dating sites, regardless of whether you're a BBW or FA, please be careful before you actually head out to meet someone in person.

My local news channel is reporting the death of a woman who met with a man she met on a dating site called OK Cupid.

Here is the article.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/...e-turns-tragic

You can find out a lot about a person by using the net. Google their name (if they've given you a real one, and not an alias). Better yet, see if you can get a background check from one of the many internet websites that offer that. Prices range from $9.95 to $49.95, depending on the level of information you seek. I've used them in the past, and while not 100%, they can give you enough information to make a decision about who you may be considering.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #25
SSBBWMJ

SSBBWMJ carries a lot of weight on this boardSSBBWMJ carries a lot of weight on this boardSSBBWMJ carries a lot of weight on this boardSSBBWMJ carries a lot of weight on this boardSSBBWMJ carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensizedelight View Post
Hey everyone! You should try out BODaciousdating.com
Panterra XO
LOL!! I was just about to say that!!

Last edited by SSBBWMJ; 07-07-2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: forgot to take off my website!! SORRY!!
SSBBWMJ is offline   Reply With Quote