Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 10-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #51
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
I recently used bbwromance.com

It worked very well for me. Like all sites, it has the guys out there only looking for a quick lay, and I found that, as far as my local area goes, options were pretty limited. There aren't really any matching tools, its mostly just search and such. But I got really lucky and met someone incredibly special :-) Even if she does live a bit far away

Be very careful with usernames and information you use. Its extremely easy to find much more information about someone online then many people seem to think.
Very true. I had an online stalker do that to me once. We met on myspace, he seemed nice at first, we chatted briefly and he started coming off as a bit of a creeper. When it became apparent that he was interested in something other than friendship, I told him I wasn't interested in dating. He then started sending me all kinds of nasty, mean messages on myspace (literally calling me foul names, "f--ing bitch," etc...in fact, one message was just "F--ING BITCH" in all caps in the subject line, nothing else). I reported him to myspace and they kicked him off the site. A few months later, the same dude found me on another social networking site...and then a dating site...and another dating site, etc. Each time, I told the site about his antics and they blocked him or removed his profile. I wondered how he found out which sites I was visiting, since I was using different usernames on all of them. But I figured he'd found my IP address through myspace and was using that to help him. I haven't heard from him in about a year, which is good. If he shows up again, though, I may have to change my IP address.

Oh, also... Flaming Lips rep. Woot!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #52
NJDoll

NJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never2fat4me View Post
Curious Erica: are you FFA? From the one pic you have posted here (i.e., your avatar), you look pretty thin, so I wondered why you thought you were BBW and whether you were interested in bigger guys.

Hope you are enjoying your visits here! It's a great community.

Chris
Hey Chris,

Sorry for my late response.. I am a BBW.. I think in pictures I come out a little smaller and I wear darker clothes. I would consider myself curvy. I have gained weight in the past few months as well. I never dated a bigger man, but doesn't mean I'm not interested in them.

Erica
Old 10-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #53
PinkCandy

PinkCandy has said some nice things

The issue I have found using dating websites is ppl are just looking to hook up. I feel like guys love my size for a one time thing but they don't want something long term with me because of my size
PinkCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #54
Dmitra
Drawing down the moonpie

Dmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I haven't really done a lot of online dating activities but the little I have was enough to put me off of it even more. The last place I went, largefriends.com, seemed nice enough but did require payment for more than winks or creating a faux blog. The one and only response I got there was from a married guy up north who wanted to get together to have "fun." Bleargh!

Needless to say, I had specifically said in my profile no married men . . . so I guess that guy just hit every new gal who signed up, regardless. I know some people have great luck with online and computer dating but I'm just not feeling it. I like being able to look a potential special someone in the eye and be close enough to read things like body language, attentiveness and other concrete things. Maybe Skype or similar would be all right -- are there any dating sites that use the net that way? To google or not to google . . . .
Dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:21 AM   #55
Never2fat4me

Never2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkCandy View Post
The issue I have found using dating websites is ppl are just looking to hook up. I feel like guys love my size for a one time thing but they don't want something long term with me because of my size
That's too bad, PC. I can assure you that there are lots of guys out there who are interested in LTR with BBWs/SSBBWs. Do they think you are too big/too small? Or are they just really not into BBWs?

Chris
Never2fat4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #56
VickiNicole
Learning Dimensions

VickiNicole can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesVickiNicole can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Thanks for keeping us updated. I am in the same boat, Trying to find a significant other, and am using some of your advice abotu which sites work and don't
I just joined LargeFriends.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKat View Post
So I have been using BBWdatefinder.com- I have to say the guys there have been pretty cool so far. Some of course are just looking for a fat girl for fetish reasons, but alot of them are looking for a relationship with an amazing curvy girl. I am even talking to one guy right now who has a lot of potential. I have also tried OKcupid and I feel like that place is a hot mess. The men there have taken the anonymity of the internet to a whole new level. Most guys on there disgusting pigs who find it acceptable to start a conversation with "Damn girl! what size are those tits!". NOT. COOL. Anyway, I have found that regarless of which site you are on there is a long weeding out process. I remain optimistic.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #57
IrishBBWQueen

IrishBBWQueen can now change their title

I'm in the same boat here.... and it's sinking fast lol
I have been separated for the last 6+ years now and had a few relationships in that time but nothing lasting... all with men I met over the internet.... myspace I think!
I found that they all, without exception, had quite serious baggage.... but hey I live in Ireland and we are at least 10 years behind the UK & USA & mainland Europe on so many issues!!
Having said that my older sister met her partner through a personal ad in the local newspaper and my younger sister met hers on a dating site... anotherfriend I think it was, both of them have been in their respective relationships for more than 6 years now...
I would love to meet someone to hang out with and have some fun with... nothing serious at first but who knows?!!
I'm fairly optimistic but have darker days when I wonder if it actually will ever happen....
I'm on POF, BBWsinglesfinder & BODacious... I've had a few dates from POF...
although here's a story- I went on one date with a guy, it didn't work out, never heard from him again which was alright with me... couple of months later he was in the local paper, he's been convicted of violent assault or something!!!
BE CAREFUL!!!
IrishBBWQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:57 AM   #58
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Dating sites = Abandon all hope all who enter here!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #59
atallromantic

atallromantic has said some nice things

I"ve tried POF and its not bad, not that its that great either, I LOVE BBW but to find them on a dating site is hard, the people at PeopleMeet have a BBPM.com or something like that, but the issue I have the most is women dont like to have a long distance relationship, I mean I understand you want to b close to your person and thats how it should be, but its been yrs and you still single I don't get it. I mean relationships are work anyways, who said if you stayed in the same town w/someone you would see them that much more.

Last edited by EvilPrincess; 11-03-2010 at 12:57 AM.
atallromantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #60
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atallromantic View Post
I"ve tried POF and its not bad, not that its that great either, I LOVE BBW but to find them on a dating site is hard, the people at PeopleMeet have a BBPM.com or something like that, but the issue I have the most is women dont like to have a long distance relationship, I mean I understand you want to b close to your person and thats how it should be, but its been yrs and you still single I don't get it. I mean relationships are work anyways, who said if you stayed in the same town w/someone you would see them that much more.
That's not fair. You make it sound like women should be grateful for a relationship at all and just settle for anything, even if it's long distance and totally not what they desire! Just because a person complains about the lack of dating opportunities does not mean they have to take what they're offered, especially if it's something as insubstancial and unreliable as a LD relationship.

(I know not all LD relationships are like this. I'm just highlighting why some people wouldn't be happy in them, myself included. I admire the people who make them work.)

Last edited by EvilPrincess; 11-03-2010 at 12:58 AM. Reason: mod edit for BBW Forum Guidelines
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #61
simonmick

simonmick can now change their title

Long distance relationships can work but it is hard work,it is all down to the individuals involved I guess.Something has to change somewhere down the line for sure.
I've been on a few BBW Dating sites and met some really nice,genuine women looking for something real..obviously I can't say what the men on these sites are like lol.I think personally the best BBW site is BBW Cupid,but the BBW Datefinder has lots of Americans on it.POF is ok but quite a few weirdos on there in my experience,but it is a free dating site so I guess you get what you pay for
simonmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #62
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just signed up for Chemistry.com. Not a bbw dating site. Kind of like eHarmony but less expensive. Well apparently guys in my area don't like bigger girls b/c they could only find 20 matches for me. Maybe they are holding back but I don't think it's worth $156 for 6 months if they can't find more than 20 matches in the first day.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #63
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I saw that eharmony has a free communication deal for another week - so I figured I'd try it again, especially since ideally I would like to find a guy who shares my faith, and eharmony seems to have all the educated, Christian dudes, and the guys who contact me on the other sites (POF, OKCupid) are always "non-religious." But just like last time, I am a pariah on eharmony.

Last time I signed up for eharmony, a few years back, not a single guy contacted me in the 6 months I was on it - and I got like 500 matches (but only about 5 a day, they like to drag it out).

Looks like I'm still not cut out for the guys on eharmony, as most of my new matches already closed me. I don't think the guys I get matched with on eharmony are the kind that dig the fat chicks, for whatever reason, I'm not totally sure. But as soon as this free trial week is over, I'm getting the F out again.

Maybe on POF half my messages say things like "I want to lick those like cupcakes"...but hey, at least someone talks to me! F U eharmony.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #64
Brooklyn Red Leg
Anarcho-Capitalism FTW!

Brooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBrooklyn Red Leg is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann0413 View Post
OKCupid seems to be legit.
I dunno. There percentage rating system seems all kinds of screwed up. Its almost like it isn't cross-referenced. I've had women I'm supposedly over 80% compatible with that have in their profiles that I don't meet their age requirements (or other things).
Old 11-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #65
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
F U eharmony.
ditto.

I've been rejected by eHarmony more than once.... I've decided to wear my rejection like badge.

Quote:
eHarmony is based upon a complex matching system developed through extensive research with married couples. One of the requirements for successful matching is that participants fall within certain defined profiles. If we find that we will not be able to match a user using these profiles, we feel it is only fair to inform them early in the process.

We are so convinced of the importance of creating compatible matches to help people establish happy, lasting relationships that we sometimes choose not to provide service rather than risk an uncertain match.

Unfortunately, we are not able to make our profiles work for you. Our matching model could not accurately predict with whom you would be best matched. This occurs for about 20% of potential users, so 1 in 5 people simply will not benefit from our service. * We hope that you understand, and we regret our inability to provide service for you at this time.
* When I first got rejected alonnng time ago, the % was a lot less around 5% I think.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #66
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
ditto.

I've been rejected by eHarmony more than once.... I've decided to wear my rejection like badge.

* When I first got rejected alonnng time ago, the % was a lot less around 5% I think.
Both my wife and I were rejected by eHarmony -- we're proud of it too.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #67
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Both my wife and I were rejected by eHarmony -- we're proud of it too.
I actually wish eHarmony *would* reject me, because the reality is none of the guys who sign up for it want a fat girl. All the matches I get on there have those code words in their profiles that basically are less direct ways of saying "no fat chicks." I think y'all know what I mean.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #68
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Omg!

I tried plenty of fish . . . so scary. I am going back to pretending to the outside world that I want to be single and childless for the rest of my life. THAT is more palatable than some of the freaks on that site . . .

*sigh* at least I still have the hope that a flesh and blood person I encounter in my daily life will build up the courage to be interested in me. We can all have fanatasies
Old 11-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #69
Karter

Karter has said some nice things

I agree katiekat I have come across a few good and cute men. I'm so tired of being alone. I know there men that like Extra Meat on the side

Quote:
I really wish dims had something along the lines of a relationship forum or a way to make romantic connections. There are so many awesome and like-minded people on here not to mention the guys are pretty cute
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #70
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've created a user name on a couple of different sites but haven't filled in the profile information or added a picture yet. I've never done the online dating thing so still trying to work up the courage to put it all out there.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #71
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I actually wish eHarmony *would* reject me, because the reality is none of the guys who sign up for it want a fat girl. All the matches I get on there have those code words in their profiles that basically are less direct ways of saying "no fat chicks." I think y'all know what I mean.
I am running in to the same problem on Chemistry.com. When I see that they only want athletic, slender women I hit "reject". Even the guys who put curvy or a few extra pounds put in their profiles they want girls who are in good shape and like to be active.

Not having much luck

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #72
LovelyLiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500tchr View Post
I am running in to the same problem on Chemistry.com. When I see that they only want athletic, slender women I hit "reject". Even the guys who put curvy or a few extra pounds put in their profiles they want girls who are in good shape and like to be active.

Not having much luck
Sucks! I totally hear ya.

The annoying too is that I actually like to be active, and exercise like 5-6 days a week, but when I took the test again for eHarmony I even put that I don't exercise much, so I wouldn't get matched with guys looking for girls who look like typical aerobics instructors. And yet...

At least other dating sites seem to be better about this.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #73
katherine22

katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katherine22 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I really wish dims had something along the lines of a relationship forum or a way to make romantic connections. There are so many awesome and like-minded people on here not to mention the guys are pretty cute
I met my wonderful boyfriend on BBP Meet. I would have never met this wonderful man if it weren't for a dating site.

Queen Elizabeth I residing within.

If I continue to eat I will grow as big as a room.
"What are rooms for?":bow:
katherine22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #74
b0nnie

b0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging in

I’ve been on a few dating sites and they just don’t work for me at all. It’s so frustrating, I know exactly what you mean. On the BBW dating sites, I’m not big enough…I get told that I’m just thick or chubby. On the non-BBW ones, I write that I’m a BBW and I get guys that tell me that they like that I’m big but that I have my curves in the “right” spots and that since I have a pretty face they wouldn’t mind talking to me to “see” if they’d like being with a bigger girl. So basically I’m a fattie but still small enough that a guy would feel comfortable enough to live out his fat girl fantasy without being too worried what people will think or I’m a fattie that just isn’t quite fat enough for someone who likes big girls…not sure which one is worse.

I’ve given up on online dating for now. Hope you have better luck.
b0nnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:48 AM   #75
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

eHarmony wouldn't take me.

SSBBWSingles had no one in my area or near my age, let alone both.

OKCupid is really neat, but it once again proves that there's no one really nearby. I've found their matching system to be pretty accurate.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote