Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #26
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pretty much anything from Chik-Fil-A.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #27
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~nai'a~ View Post
If you are from Québec, chances are that you are addicted to poutine...

Fries, cheese curds end gravy!
Never had it.. Always curious to try. I can get gravy and the fries.. but I'm not sure where to find the curds, or what curds they are.. white cheddar? Large curd cottage cheese?
Old 07-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #28
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Burger King Double Whopper, no cheese, no tomato, with ketchup, mayo, mustard, onion and extra pickle and jalopenos.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #29
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
If you are from Québec, chances are that you are addicted to poutine...

Fries, cheese curds end gravy!
I've had this!!!! It was cheddar curds! Delicious!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
sussuration

sussuration has said some nice things

sausage and egg mc muffin with an orange juice!
sussuration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #31
~nai'a~

~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed~nai'a~ never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Never had it.. Always curious to try. I can get gravy and the fries.. but I'm not sure where to find the curds, or what curds they are.. white cheddar? Large curd cottage cheese?
Fuzzy, CastingPearls is right! They are cheddar cheese curds! You can buy them at the grocery store or in a place where they make cheese (fromagerie). Sorry I'm searching for the right term in english and it's not coming!!!

Someone help!!!???

It's really yummy!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #32
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Fuzzy, CastingPearls is right! They are cheddar cheese curds! You can buy them at the grocery store or in a place where they make cheese (fromagerie). Sorry I'm searching for the right term in english and it's not coming!!!

Someone help!!!???

It's really yummy!
The closest American equivalent (East Coast) to poutine is called disco fries but with mozzarella.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #33
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Had a Wendy's Baconator today. Delicious!!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #34
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
When I lived near a Checkers a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I always got the spicy curly fries and a banana shake. THE BEST.
Score!! This was part of my dinner tonight. Just add a Mushroom Swiss Burger to the mix......OMGYUM!!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #35
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love something from almost every fast food place I've been lol But my faves are probably McDonalds Quarter Pounder with cheese, fries and a coke and Dunkin Donuts Large Iced Caramel Latte with skim milk, splenda and bacon, egg and cheese croissant.

I've been to A & W and honestly don't know what all the excitement is about, maybe it was better back in the day. And Tim Hortons has really tasty pastries but their coffee is just nasty. But I would go there for the sour cream glazed donuts and then go to Dunkin for my coffee lol
Old 07-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #36
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

The lure of a A&W was the on-site homemade-style rootbeer in a frosty glass mug*. While I'm a fan of their bottled/canned product, A&W from the Tap has a bitter/salty taste I don't like. Most older restaurants still have their original line of burgers with mozzerella cheese, instead of cheddar.

*I collect A&W mugs, btw, found in antique/boutique shops. Its amazing to me how many different size mugs exist, all with the various A&W logs.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #37
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Footlong Subway Spicy BMT with provolone, toasted on Wheat, with lettuce, tomato, pickle, green bell, yellow and jalopeno pepper, mustard, and red wine vinagrette.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #38
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The lure of a A&W was the on-site homemade-style rootbeer in a frosty glass mug*. While I'm a fan of their bottled/canned product, A&W from the Tap has a bitter/salty taste I don't like. Most older restaurants still have their original line of burgers with mozzerella cheese, instead of cheddar.

*I collect A&W mugs, btw, found in antique/boutique shops. Its amazing to me how many different size mugs exist, all with the various A&W logs.
You like A&W? *shudder* It is mass market swill, in my opinion. Very low quality. It tastes like caramel syrup to me, way too sweet and the HFCS is cloying.

You want great root beer, pick up Sprecher's. If you can't find Sprecher's, then Stewart's is good.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #39
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
You like A&W? *shudder* It is mass market swill, in my opinion. Very low quality. It tastes like caramel syrup to me, way too sweet and the HFCS is cloying.

You want great root beer, pick up Sprecher's. If you can't find Sprecher's, then Stewart's is good.
There are quite a few Stewarts drive-ins near me. The food is good and unbelievable cheap and as long as atmosphere or fine dining isn't a prerequisite, the root beer floats are not to be missed.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #40
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I think he means the stuff they make right there in the stores, not the canned/bottled stuff you find in stores. And I did love the "home made" rootbeer I had at A&W but the food was only OK.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:43 PM   #41
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:

I didn't say A&W was the best.. I just like the canned stuff over the "restaurant" brand. I don't remember seeing Sprecher's, I'll have to look closer.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #42
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
There are quite a few Stewarts drive-ins near me. The food is good and unbelievable cheap and as long as atmosphere or fine dining isn't a prerequisite, the root beer floats are not to be missed.
Stewart's is a Drive-In?!?!?! I'm a big fan of their spicy Ginger Beer
Old 07-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #43
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
I... am jealous.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #44
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Long John Silvers, Fish, Shrimp and Chicken planks dinner with fries, cole slaw and hush puppies

Close second- Popeyes Fried Chicken 2 piece all white meat with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and a biscuit
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:36 PM   #45
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

For me i like local independent burrito stands, being in so cal theres so many but i think my favorite is a place called Pepe's their green chile is most like my step fathers, more like the New Mexico style. And tacos i could eat a taco a day i love tacos lol.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #46
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Taco Time's Crisp Pinto Bean Burrito, with the green sauce. If savory is a dessert, this is it. If it can't be, they should cover it with donut glaze and it would still be good.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #47
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Continuing on the savory dessert theme --
Cafe Rio's Pork Salad. The sweet pork sits in the bottom of the salad and calls your name...and it says, "Hey Doofus, I'm dessert!".

Pretty much any of their pork goodies are desserty because of the sweet, savory succulence. How could I forget you, pork quesadilla?? OMG

I include Cafe Rio 'cuz they're a local fast food chain, but there is no drive through. Gotta stand in line and watch them put the goods together or order ahead and pick up.

The salad is HUGE. It's two meals worth of food and a pork dessert:
Old 07-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #48
Cat
Gone baby gone

Not a desserty food this time:

The Carl's Jr Jalapeno Chicken sandwich. Lurve!

Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #49
Cat
Gone baby gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamarie69 View Post
For me i like local independent burrito stands, being in so cal theres so many but i think my favorite is a place called Pepe's their green chile is most like my step fathers, more like the New Mexico style. And tacos i could eat a taco a day i love tacos lol.

I agree, local stands rock. There are plenty of independent stands with excellent street tacos here. Favorite's include the State Street stand near Murray and the stand within the old downtown section of Murray. Almost always a line to get the treats, but well worth it.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #50
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Necro-posting. But, I want to say...

Totally tried Tim Horton's today!

xX Pesto Chicken Panini
- I wish it contained real chicken, instead of its highly processed chicken cubes
- I loved the crisped, grilled multigrain bread!
- More pesto (basil, gahlic, evoo!), less white sauce
- I want to add tomato, next time.

xX Mac n Cheese
- Cheap, creamy, velveta-y (but not so-much-so that you can tell velveta was used! I
hate velveta ); compared to KFC mac n cheese, but tastier.
- Included salt and pepper packages. I don't think I need more sodium. I should've used the
pepper, but I was starving
- The included-spoon was like an intense, concaved ladle, dude. I had to slurp my mac n
cheese. lol

Overall, Tim Horton's (and vicariously, Canadians ), I give you two thumbs up. The place smelled great, the food was hot, and I should've got some coffee. I will see you, soon

What's the popular stuff at Tim Horton's?
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote