Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #1
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default July Iron Foodee Challenge

Yay for cinnamon roll sugar cookies! Glad everyone enjoyed

Ok, so, I was totally thinking about an ingredient that I could use in case I won (kind of assuming, oops lol). I thought about something I LOVE, but it's not okay to just eat it by the spoonfuls - sour cream. I love sour cream. I love it on tacos, in beef stroganoff and whatever else it can be in. Give me your recipes with sour cream!

Dec - Oranges

Jan - Cream Cheese
Feb - Soda pop
Mar - Recipes containing a can of soup
Apr - Shrimp
May - Eggs
Jun - Liquor
Jul - Pasta/couscous etc Salads
Aug - Zucchini
Sep - Quick breads / Muffins
Oct - Cheese
Nov - Cranberries
Dec - Fudge

Jan - Slow Cooker Recipes
Feb - Potatoes
Mar - Garlic and Mushrooms
Apr - Chicken
May - Lemons
Jun - 30 min Hot Weather Recipes
Jul - Preserves - Jams, Chutneys, Relishes etc
Aug - Coffee
Sep - Tofu / Cottage Cheese
October - Pumpkin
November - Sweet Potatoes/Yams
December - Mint

January - Soup
February - Pork
March-Mexican Food
April - Cereal
May- Berries
June-Yogurt
July - Corn
August - Asian
September - Breakfast foods
October - Nuts
November - Onions
December - Meat in Casings

January - Side Salads
February - Spinach
March - Beans
April-hot sandwiches
May-Soy Sauce
June - cookies
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yum! Great ingredient. I love sour cream!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ARe we restricted to sour cream, or is Crema permitted?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
ARe we restricted to sour cream, or is Crema permitted?
Only for you...the rest of us NORMIES will use SOUR CREAM. lol
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #5
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Only for you...the rest of us NORMIES will use SOUR CREAM. lol
Yeah, and we'll all substitute sour cream in his recipe anyhow. LOL
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

*sniff* okay... I'll conform..
Old 07-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
*sniff* okay... I'll conform..
Why start now? We wanna see your fancy pants recipe
Old 07-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Default Sour cream chicken enchiladas

2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (divided)
2 cups of Queso Cotija, crumbled (divided)
2 cups of sour cream, divided
1 cup mexicana crema, divided
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chile powder
1/4 tsp salt
corn tortillas, white or yellow, about 16
chile verde enchilada sauce (28 oz can)

Prep tortillas by dipping in hot oil, and cool on paper towels.
Mix 1 cup jack cheese, 1 cup queso cotija, 1 cup sour cream, the spices and 1/2 cup crema. Set aside.
Mix chile verde, 1 cup sour cream, and 1/2 cup crema. Pour enough chile verde in a 9x13 baking pan to cover, reserve the rest of the sauce.
Place 1 tablespoon cheese mixture slightly off center in middle of tortilla. Place shredded chicken on top of cheese mixture and roll up, and place seam side down in pan. Repeat until pan in filled.
Pour the remaining chile verde over rolled enchiladas, use back of spoon to evenly cover. Sprinkle remaining jack and cotija cheeses over all.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Come on y'alll.. last week..
Old 07-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Austrian Chicken

1 frying chicken
2 tbsp. butter
1 onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper
1 1/2 tbsp. paprika
1/2 c. chicken stock
2 tsp. flour
1/2 c. sour cream

Cut chicken into pieces. Heat butter in heavy skillet. Saute onions until golden. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Add chicken stock. Arrange chicken in skillet, cover and cook until tender, about 40 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Blend flour with sour cream and add to skillet. Return chicken to skillet with any juices. Heat until thick without boiling. Serve with rice or noodles.

I tend to up the amount of paprika and definitely up the sour cream.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #11
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

OK, Fuzzy. If you insist

This is actually REALLY delicious. A coworker brought it to a pot luck at work and we were all baffled - we couldn't figure out what type of dip it was. It doesn't scream corned beef, but it does scream YUM.

Corned Beef Dip

1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 lb. corned beef
1 tbsp. parsley
1 tbsp. onion flakes
1 tsp beau monde seasoning
1 tsp dill seed
2 loaves rye bread

Chop the corned beef in food processor. Add to the rest of the ingredients. Cut the center of one of the ryes, saving the inside bread. Cut these and the other entire loaf into bite size pieces. Chill the dip before placing in the center of the loaf....Then enjoy!

NOTES: You can use either fresh deli corned beef, packages of corned beef (like Buddig) or canned corned beef. I didn't use a food processor, just chopped it up by hand. You don't need to use the rye bread, it's just as good in a bowl, served with crackers and veggies.

Also, beau monde seasoning recipe below. I don't think you have to use that, just incorporate some or most of those ingredients in the dip. It's very easy to fudge on this recipe, and it still comes out great!

p.s. I got this recipe from my coworker's wife, but looking online, there are other recipes, so you can see that you can build it with whatever you'd like, and don't need the beau monde.

(Recipe 1)
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/3 c. mayonnaise
2 tsp. dill weed
2 tsp. parsley
2 tsp. minced onion
1/4 lb. shredded corned beef

(Recipe 2)
2 c. mayonnaise
2 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. dill
2 tbsp. minced onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg. Buddig corned beef, chopped

Beau Monde Seasoning (Spice) Recipe

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon ground bay leaf
2 tablespoons white pepper
2 tablespoons black pepper
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon allspice
1 tablespoon mace
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 tablespoon cloves

Instructions:

Mix thoroughly. Place in an airtight container and store in a cool, dark place up to 4 months. Use to season poultry, fish, beef, vegetables, and sauces.
Yield: about 1/2 cup

Apparently I don't have any pics of this dip on my computer, which is amazing. I also searched online for a decent pic of someone else's batch, but no good pics. I reached out to a friend who might have a pic of it from when I brought it to her Christmas party (in 2004!). If she has a pic, I'll post it later.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Arg! I'm out of Rep! I've been looking for a homemade beau monde recipe for ages.. simply ages!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Taco Smash Salad

1 packet of taco seasoning

1 large can of kidney beans or 500g of beef/chicken/pork mince

1 small jar of taco sauce

1 large bag of corn chips or broken up taco shells

1-2 cups of grated cheese

1 small carton of Sour Cream

3-4 tomatos diced

1 lettuce of your choice (I preffer Iceberg but it is up to you)

1 green/red capsicum diced

Any other salad ingredients you might like

Step 1: Drain your kidney beans, or brown your meat, and follow the directions on your taco seasoning packet

Step 2: Mix all your dry ingredients together including salad stuff and corn chips

Step 3: Add in your kidney beans or meat

Step 4: Pour in your sour cream and taco sauce

Step 5: Mix well and eat

BTW this recipe comes about from an accident where I fell over and smushed my tacos and since then have found this not only easier to eat but also mega delish
Old 07-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #14
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

KAHLUA CAKE

1 pkg. sour cream devils food cake mix
3/4 c. oil
1 (16 oz.) tub sour cream
1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips (or more...)
4 eggs
1 C. kahlua
1 sm. pkg. vanilla instant pudding

Mix together above ingredients. Pour into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

I made this for my birthday every year for like 5 years in a row. I love it!
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #15
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Last call for recipes!

FatAndProud, you about ready to make a poll?