Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Jello404

Jello404 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJello404 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Exclamation Jessica Simpson gains weight gives a great perspective of societies weight standards

Ok so Im on this gossip website called Oh No They Didn't (ONTD)

LINK TO ARTICLE

Im reading the comments about Jessica Simpson and her weight.The killer part is that MOST OF THE COMMENTS ARE FROM FEMALES!!!!!! Im almost in tears to be honest. Such ignorance! I think she's BEAUTIFUL.I love thick women! She has a great shape.She looks fantastic yet the entire world thinks shes a fucking whale because surprise surprise,shes at a little heavier but manageable weight. Shes 5'4 and I'd say a size 10/12 maybe? She seems happy and she doesnt have to worry about working out for hours a day and eating practically nothing to be a size 0 (literally size zero).Now she can eat and fucking...enjoy life.But OH NO! Society doesnt see things that way.Their calling her everything BUT a child of God.

I can't even imagine having to deal with this kind of public scrutiny for being thick.Shes had a great career,beautiful and rich (and seemingly a nice person too) yet to societies standards she isn't worth shit.Why? Cuz she "let herself go".They say the same shit about Kelly Clarkson as well. I just don't get it. What kind of world are we living in when Jessica Simpson who is maybe 25 pounds over her "skinny" weight and is now considered morbidly obese? Its sick how her value as a person has gone down based on her pant size going up.Im sick of the media acting like her being thick is somehow a big juicy scandal.

I guess a woman doesnt have any value in society unless you can see her rib cage.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

the saddest part is she looks normal and healthy now not about to fall over from starvation and I am betting a lot more men are finding her attractive now her boobies have grown as well
Old 07-18-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Agent 007
Shtick man

Agent 007 does more than just post hot picsAgent 007 does more than just post hot picsAgent 007 does more than just post hot picsAgent 007 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello404 View Post
I guess a woman doesnt have any value in society unless you can see her rib cage.
Yeah, I don't understand the media's obsession with skinnyness. A few months ago I came across this cartoon of Jessica Simpson:

Since I'm not into celebrity news I'm unsure of the context of this cartoon, but it seems to be based on the photo you posted (same outfit). Because of her weight gain as shown in the photo she's apparantly "obese" and dumps her boyfriend for McDonalds, according to the cartoonist.

Stuff like this reminds me why I don't read gossip/celebrity magazines.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #4
mercy

mercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
The whole thing is very depressing, but to be honest, I don't think society at large does share the views of the women on that forum. Most men (FAs or not) wouldn't be deterred for making a pass at her over those extra 20 pounds. Most women at that weight aren't considered "fat" by anyone except those with the most ridiculous standards. Remember that the women who frequent those websites have been brainwashed by years of reading that kind of thing, and are all probably quite insecure themselves.

My weight gain happened quite fast - I went from 110lbs to 230lbs in seven years. But it wasn't until I was around 180lbs that I noticed any difference in people's reactions to me. Certainly nobody ever called me "fat" (and I doubt they thought of me as fat) until I hit 200lbs. I think sometimes we do society a disservice by assuming that the assholes represent the majority.
mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
Myn

Myn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot pics

What the Fug Girls had to say in January 09, which was when she wore those jeans and there was all the hoopla:

"The fact of the matter is that we all know she'd probably look freaking great if she would just burn those pants and salt the ground. See, this is why I always vote for flattering jeans. Forgiving pants = more sandwiches and far less agita from people squawking about the remainder of your minor holiday weight gain. Also, more sandwiches = much greater happiness. It's like one of the fundamental rules of basic math. "
Myn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #6
orin

orin can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy View Post
The whole thing is very depressing, but to be honest, I don't think society at large does share the views of the women on that forum. Most men (FAs or not) wouldn't be deterred for making a pass at her over those extra 20 pounds. Most women at that weight aren't considered "fat" by anyone except those with the most ridiculous standards. Remember that the women who frequent those websites have been brainwashed by years of reading that kind of thing, and are all probably quite insecure themselves.

My weight gain happened quite fast - I went from 110lbs to 230lbs in seven years. But it wasn't until I was around 180lbs that I noticed any difference in people's reactions to me. Certainly nobody ever called me "fat" (and I doubt they thought of me as fat) until I hit 200lbs. I think sometimes we do society a disservice by assuming that the assholes represent the majority.
I agree ... some people are way too much into the whole BMI thing,

honestly ... I think Jessica is going to do the "Janet Jackson" and get smaller again once she decided to get back into music or acting more.

She may not be like Christy Alley who carries it soooo welll !!!
orin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I thought she was back to skinny again?

BTW- I think she is simply gorgeous no matter what size
Old 07-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A lot of rumors have been going around that she is preggo which is why she has gained weight.

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/2010/...sons-pregnant/

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 AM   #9
Adamantoise
Tom

Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Adamantoise has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
the saddest part is she looks normal and healthy now
I agree. It's difficult to tell in the first photo,but to me she seems to have gained some vitality-she also looks happier.

Last edited by Adamantoise; 07-18-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Adamantoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I honestly think that is just a pair of ugly jeans. I think she's hot too, no matter what size she's at, but that outfit needs help.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #11
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Ok so Im on this gossip website called Oh No They Didn't (ONTD)

LINK TO ARTICLE

Im reading the comments about Jessica Simpson and her weight.The killer part is that MOST OF THE COMMENTS ARE FROM FEMALES!!!!!! Im almost in tears to be honest. Such ignorance! I think she's BEAUTIFUL.I love thick women! She has a great shape.She looks fantastic yet the entire world thinks shes a fucking whale because surprise surprise,shes at a little heavier but manageable weight. Shes 5'4 and I'd say a size 10/12 maybe? She seems happy and she doesnt have to worry about working out for hours a day and eating practically nothing to be a size 0 (literally size zero).Now she can eat and fucking...enjoy life.But OH NO! Society doesnt see things that way.Their calling her everything BUT a child of God.

I can't even imagine having to deal with this kind of public scrutiny for being thick.Shes had a great career,beautiful and rich (and seemingly a nice person too) yet to societies standards she isn't worth shit.Why? Cuz she "let herself go".They say the same shit about Kelly Clarkson as well. I just don't get it. What kind of world are we living in when Jessica Simpson who is maybe 25 pounds over her "skinny" weight and is now considered morbidly obese? Its sick how her value as a person has gone down based on her pant size going up.Im sick of the media acting like her being thick is somehow a big juicy scandal.

To be honest, I didn't read each and every comment but I read many....and don't see what upset you. Seems like they were being a bit flip about the whole thing.....as in this is what happens to most of us.

The comments about eating chips? That seemed like a joke as in....we all love chips.

They seemed more interesting in mocking her clothes than her body, IMO. (I don't like everything she wears either, tbh)

Oh and I think this is the best she has ever looked....big old titties and all

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #12
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
I honestly think that is just a pair of ugly jeans. I think she's hot too, no matter what size she's at, but that outfit needs help.
I saw this comment in those thread comments....that someone felt she looked good at any size we've seen her at. I also read other comments that seemed to imply that she should just quit fighting it all.

I actually liked many of the comments....they made me feel good about the attitudes of people making them.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #13
mercy

mercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 007 View Post
I guarantee that this was either done by a closet FA or a misogynist of the highest order (and no, I'm not equating the two )
mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
the saddest part is she looks normal and healthy now not about to fall over from starvation and I am betting a lot more men are finding her attractive now her boobies have grown as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 007 View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the media's obsession with skinnyness. A few months ago I came across this cartoon of Jessica Simpson:

Since I'm not into celebrity news I'm unsure of the context of this cartoon, but it seems to be based on the photo you posted (same outfit). Because of her weight gain as shown in the photo she's apparantly "obese" and dumps her boyfriend for McDonalds, according to the cartoonist.

Stuff like this reminds me why I don't read gossip/celebrity magazines.
When I was growing up, we where told don't fat, but just be fat enough so you bones and rib cage was not visible.

I might be bias but, Jessica's before photo reminds me to send a dollar to a third world country. How did that become the norm?

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #15
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Talking shit about her being thin and saying she looks likes she's from a third world country is just as mean as talking shit about her being fat.

i actually remember when this photo came out and she got all sorts of grief for it, it was when she was in "Dukes of Hazzard" and had to wear super revealing clothes and was reported to be working out with a trainer and putting in tons of gym time. She said something about having a very broad and prominent rib cage. If you look at her arms and legs they are thin and very toned but not boney or unhealthy looking. She may even be sucking in her gut to look skinnier for the camera.

The standards for that business are always going to be different. A girl who is a size 8 or 10 will be considered fat, that is just how it is.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #16
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, most of the comments are from females, no big surprise. The vast majority of weight comments towards me has been from females. It is so sad. What is so wrong with her weight? Marilyn Monroe was a voluptuous beauty (perhaps larger than Jessica) and she will always be considered one of America's biggest sex symbols in history. Ditto with Sophia Loren and Mae West. I don't get it.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #17
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Talking shit about her being thin and saying she looks likes she's from a third world country is just as mean as talking shit about her being fat.

i actually remember when this photo came out and she got all sorts of grief for it, it was when she was in "Dukes of Hazzard" and had to wear super revealing clothes and was reported to be working out with a trainer and putting in tons of gym time. She said something about having a very broad and prominent rib cage. If you look at her arms and legs they are thin and very toned but not boney or unhealthy looking. She may even be sucking in her gut to look skinnier for the camera.

The standards for that business are always going to be different. A girl who is a size 8 or 10 will be considered fat, that is just how it is.
Sorry, if my post was mean. However, correct me if I am wrong. But,I do not think a persons ribs should be showing even if you are naturally thin. I know a few natural thin people and they do not have that.

Of course, if I am wrong, I would humbly apologize and eat crow.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM   #18
KittyKitten

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
But it never used to be like that
Old 07-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #19
Myn

Myn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot pics

My little sister is naturally thin - when she was walking to school every day, she was between a size two and a four. If she bent or stretched, her ribs did show a bit, and she was eating like a horse so it wasn't starvation. Some people are just built differently, y'know? Her biological father gave her genes for a reed-thin Brit build, whereas my biological father passed down a more beefy Bavarian kind of body structure.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #20
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myn View Post
My little sister is naturally thin - when she was walking to school every day, she was between a size two and a four. If she bent or stretched, her ribs did show a bit, and she was eating like a horse so it wasn't starvation. Some people are just built differently, y'know? Her biological father gave her genes for a reed-thin Brit build, whereas my biological father passed down a more beefy Bavarian kind of body structure.
Wow! Am I embarrassed! I am sorry for being offensive, and I take back what I said.

I hope you guys forgive me.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #21
Myn

It's quite all right. We all work from what we know.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #22
KittyKitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtobicokeFA View Post
Wow! Am I embarrassed! I am sorry for being offensive, and I take back what I said.

I hope you guys forgive me.
You are ok.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 07-20-2010 at 09:43 AM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #23
KittyKitten

She has an apple shape which is apparent when she gained weight. I wonder if she gained weight as an hourglass or pear, would some folks be as upset because those are deemed the most 'desirable' shapes.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #24
RJI
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

RJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
But it never used to be like that
Since when? I am 37 and for my entire life the entertainment industry has been all about the skinny girls.

:eat1:
RJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #25
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post
Since when? I am 37 and for my entire life the entertainment industry has been all about the skinny girls.
Society's definition of skinny has dramatically changed in the last 70 years. Girls such as Marylin Monroe would be considered a plus-sized model in today's world.