Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #1
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default The next food network star

I love this show. I wait for it all year. We are down to the final six. I think in the next three weeks Herb, Serena and Aria will be out. I like Herb but I do not think he has star quality. Serena is cute and sweet but talks too damn fast and doesn't make sense when she is presenting her food. Aria is just annoying. I hate her type. Too smiley, too fake. She reminds me of Rachel Ray...we don't need another one of those.

Now that leaves us with Tom, Brad and Aarti.

I am really feeling Tom's laid back personality. I love that he looks like a mess. He is sort of adorable. However he has yet to cook one thing I would EVER eat.

Brad is coming out of his shell and might really have a chance at this. He is sweet, suave and charming. I love that he loves food. He is a true foodee at heart.

Aarti is such a warm person. She makes you feel like family. I could see her being very successful. I am not a fan of Indian food, I wouldn't watch her show. But I do feel there is a huge market out there for her.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I agree completely with your final 3 choices, Toni.

I adoooooooore Aarti. She is just beyond magnetic - when she's on screen, I can't tear my eyes away! And her food, of course, looks amazing (I like Indian, though!).
Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #3
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree too Toni, but I like indian food as well, and I would make her food. I'm hoping she finds her mojo before it's too late. I could go either way on any of them tho. Whoever wins will likely have a show I'd watch.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'd be happy with either Aarti or Tom winning. Both have great personalities that I'd enjoy watching on a television show. I feel like I can relate easier to Tom, but Aarti is such a sweet person and I'd be excited learning a whole new cuisine.

Aria was one of my frontrunners in the beginning, but I think that she's kinda hit her glass ceiling. She's just not enjoyable to watch anymore. Herb is so unstable - one episode he's on top of things, and the next he's down and making bad food. Brad bores me to death, which is shame since he's clearly got a huge passion for food. And Serena is way too Rachel Ray/Giada for me. We have enough of those personalities on the network, we don't need another one.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love Aarti. And I don't like Indian food. I think her accent pushes me over the edge

I think if the public gets to vote on who wins, it would be her. Do they? I don't remember!

I love this show too.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So glad Brianna finally got the boot. She was dead behind the eyes. I like the idea of the final three being the people mentioned. If Tom gets his own show, I just just hope he wears a hair net over his whole head!
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
So glad Brianna finally got the boot. She was dead behind the eyes. I like the idea of the final three being the people mentioned. If Tom gets his own show, I just just hope he wears a hair net over his whole head!
I know, right? I couldn't stand her!

I'm pulling for Aarti for the win! She is absolutely magnetic on screen, and brings a new cuisine to the Food Network table. We reaaaallly don't need yet another Italian cooking show.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #8
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well Serena's luck ran out, though I was expecting Aria to get the cut. The way she hoped that Aarti would fail as a leader really turned me off. I knew her persona was fake, but I didn't expect her to be that bad.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Totally. I think they are keeping her in the game for drama sake. No way she is winning this one.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
Well Serena's luck ran out, though I was expecting Aria to get the cut. The way she hoped that Aarti would fail as a leader really turned me off. I knew her persona was fake, but I didn't expect her to be that bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
Totally. I think they are keeping her in the game for drama sake. No way she is winning this one.
Agreed. I was expecting her to go too and was surprised that is was Serena. There is no way she will win at this point. Maybe she'll be gone by the next episode.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

I agree with everyone else. I am hoping Arti or Tom wins. Both are great cooks.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #12
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, much as I disliked Aria and her claws...I couldn't stand watching Serena...she made me nervous/wince just watching her, and when I'm watching TV I want to relax. So, between the two, I would have kept Aria too. Doesn't really matter who goes first, I guess.

I find it fascinating how when you take a group of amateurs, how some of them just "glow" on camera, and others go completely flat. Same thing happens in photography too, but that phenomena never fails to intrigue me.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #13
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Aarti is my fave, though Tom has what it takes too. I would have enjoyed seeing the backbiting snarker Aria get the boot, but simple fact is that she does have some skill. Serena was way out of her depth.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
toni
In the know

BRAD??? Really? I am shocked.

Of course Aria stole Herb's joy. She is so annoying.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #15
Paquito
don't July to me

I'm just so glad that my little Aarti survived. But I need her to get her shit together.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #16
lypeaches

ding - dong Aria's gone...! I'd like to think that I could have turned out better food than she did...what was she thinking?

Yeah to Aarti for totalling killing the Iron Chef challenge!!!

And lordy, bacon steak?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
olwen
Disco Bear

I thought the bacon steak was hella funny. I still still don't get what Tom's show would be about, yet I'd probably watch it. At this point if Aarti doesn't win it will be sad. I don't see why she wouldn't tho. I think having all the Iron Chef's tell her they loved her food the most seems like a full win to me.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
Paquito
don't July to me

Is it weird that I would have loved to try a bacon steak (granted, one that was executed well)? But it just sounds so...orgasmic.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #19
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't watch much on Food Network other than these competition things, or the best this and that, but I am so glad that Aria and her jazz hands are gone! To even think about cruising that station and seeing that ' hi boys and girls, mommy has a wonnnnnnderful surprise for you, yes she does !! ' face...no! I was actually embarrassed for her, when I saw what she cooked. Those kinds of situations will have me look away from the television. It's like I made it. lol
Old 08-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #20
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As far as I'm concerned, Aria should have been kicked several weeks ago. She came across as snotty and condescending, with a terrible screen presence. And yes, that total mess she prepared for the Iron Chefs was embarrassing to say the least. I'm hoping Aarti can take the prize.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:46 AM   #21
mossystate

Eh. I knew Aarti was going to win, but I have to say that I started seeing a bit of the fake oooze out of her - and that's why I wish the hair net poster boy would have won. * thinks of the new competition show I will now watch *
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #22
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Sigh,.... fuck... I didn't realize I hadn't watched an episode of this, now i know who won, LOL, crap
Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #23
toni
In the know

I am seeing fake in Aarti too. I was really pulling for herb at the end. He was so passionate.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
Paquito
don't July to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
I am seeing fake in Aarti too. I was really pulling for herb at the end. He was so passionate.
I started to like Herb more at the end, but I just didn't see him having a great show. His passion just doesn't seem to translate to the camera.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #25
Dromond
Old school

I am missing the "fake" about Aarti. But I have to say, even though I'm an Aarti fan I think Tom did the best pilot.