Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
DreamyInToronto
ME WANT COOKIES!!!!

DreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized repDreamyInToronto has super-sized rep
Default Please help, I need a recipie for Bolgonese sauce for spaghetti

A really good one... can anyone help? I would be eternally grateful!!! xoxo

Old 07-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

there are all sorts of diff recipes this is the one I grew up with

500g lean beef mince (although did you know originally they itallians use finely diced lamb?)

1 onion

garlic (depends on your taste here)

you fry onion and garlic then brown the mince

add in a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste and cook it out for a couple of minutes

throw in a can of diced tomatos, and one of tomato soup

and any dried herbs sich as oregano and majoram

and allow to simmer for a while

and viola serve with pasta and parmasen :-)

if you have fussy kids or want to add more veggies you can add diced carrott and cellery with the onion or whatever you like
Old 07-29-2010, 03:03 AM   #3
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have tried this recipe from Mario Batali and it is great.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...pe2/index.html

Ingredients

5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1 carrot, finely, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 rib celery, finely diced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 pound veal, ground
1 pound pork, ground
1/4 pound pancetta or slab bacon, ground
1/2 tube tomato paste
1 cup milk
1 cup dry white wine
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Parmigiano-Reggiano, for grating

Directions

In a 6 to 8-quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and garlic and sweat over medium heat until the vegetables are translucent and soft but not browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add the veal, pork, and pancetta and stir into the vegetables. Add the meat over high heat, stirring to keep the meat from sticking together until browned. Add the tomato paste, milk, and wine and simmer over medium-low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and remove from the heat.

When ready to use, the cooked pasta should be added to a saucepan with the appropriate amount of hot ragu Bolognese, and tossed so that the pasta is evenly coated by the ragu.

4 SERVINGS

* my note * This is not a "wet" sauce like marinara. There is not a lot of liquid left after simmering. The sauce is meant to just coat the pasta (not swim in it) and the meat to deliver the flavor.
I prefer classic tagliatelle to "hold" the sauce. After tossing and evenly coating the pasta-grab a serving with your tongs (gently) and spin it around your tongs then deposit the pasta "nest" on/in your serving dish. Repeat with the rest of your servings. Take a ladle and scoop a nice portion of meat on top of the pasta nest and garnish with some chopped Italian parsley and shaved Parm-Reg. Chianti goes well as does a nice Carmenere or Shiraz.