Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-02-2010, 09:21 AM   #26
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Zero View Post
I'll give Sonic this much, their big lot is a great place to have meets on off hours if you're a member of a car enthusiast forum.
They do that a lot in LA at the Bob's Big Boy.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 AM   #27
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Duarte-Confounding people and attitudes since 1957

Duarte (English pronunciation: /ˈdwɔrtiː/ or /duːˈɔrteɪ/, from Spanish /ˈdwaɾte/) is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. As of the 2000 census, the city population was 21,486.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #28
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Just because it's in LA county doesn't mean I consider it to be in LA proper. Way out there in the San Gabriel Valley, next to Monrovia? I don't really think of that as LA.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #29
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I recently relocated from Iowa, where Sonic was never far away. I am now in BFE Ohio.....and no Sonic!!

Ohhhhh Sonic how I miss you!!

My favorite would have to be the Toaster Sandwich and Chili Cheese Tots with a Cherry Limeade with extra cherry flavoring!!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #30
Indy

Indy can now change their title

Our Sonic closed for the winter and never reopened so it's been a summer without fresh lemon slush, I also miss their tots. I had been known to buy a sandwich somewhere else and go there just for a drink and tots to finish my meal!
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #31
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My faves are...
Peanutbutter shake
chili pie
and chicken caesar wrap
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #32
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

The food is completely average, but if I want a drink, it's the first place I go.

Their smoothies are incredible.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #33
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sonic = meh

Wasn't impressed at all with any of it. Wasn't terrible, just meh. I don't thing anyone else here is all that impressed anymore, the place is usually empty when I go by unless it's happy hour. I guess there are a lot of devotees to the drinks, but I wasn't thrilled. Not enough of them in a sugar-free or low sugar option
Old 09-04-2010, 03:45 AM   #34
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
I've been eating at Sonic since I was a kid - they've just always been the "go-to" for a quick, cheap bite or cool drink for me. Since some of them are independently-owned franchises, the quality can vary from the company-owned places, and I've found the independent locations to be not as good.

I've always hated their burgers, but their chicken club toaster is yummy, love the breakfast burrito, the popcorn chicken and their tots. The frito chili wrap on the 99 cent menu is also very good, and of course, the coneys are awesome.

I've never found a cherry limeade as good at theirs. I could drink them every day and not get tired of them. Their tea is good, too, and I love their "Blast" shakes - I always get mine with M&Ms.
Sonic is a Southern thing really. I have eaten at a number of Sonics all over this great nation, and I haven't found one above the Mason-Dixon Line that can make a proper coney and rings.

I'm not a Sonic burger fan because since I was 8 they have the 5 for 5 at 5 on Monday, and by god we ate 'em every Monday.(#2 and #3s) Never failed. But when I do want a Sonic burger I get it plain. Meat and bun. The bun is buttered and toasted and adds just enough flavor to make the thin dry beef patty good.

I love a foot-long chilli cheese coney extra mustard and onions & and extreme tater tots (Shredded cheese,chilli,onions,ranch dressing(some sonics put sour cream),jalapenos on top of about a pound of tater tots.) Yes sir.

Their slaw dogs and onion rings make my giant 44 oz cherry root beer weep.

Sometimes I get a grilled chicken wrap and motz sticks. Goes great with a real fruit slush lemonberry add cherry.

Dessert. Hot fudge sundae or a banana split.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #35
blue_eyes

blue_eyes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblue_eyes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ok I grew up on Sonic and still love it.

Old Sonic menu - their Taco Salad was sooooo yummy but no longer have it and the hot fudge cake which they have removed as well

New Sonic menu - chili cheese fries or tots, frito chili pie, I get the footlong chili cheese coney without the hot dog (I know I'm weird), Sonic burger with mustard (sometimes I add chili and cheese), their $1 chicken strip sandwich is good too, the chili cheese frito wrap, any of the drinks or desserts lol

yes I think I like their chili a lil too much lol
blue_eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #36
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyes View Post
Ok I grew up on Sonic and still love it.

Old Sonic menu - their Taco Salad was sooooo yummy but no longer have it and the hot fudge cake which they have removed as well

New Sonic menu - chili cheese fries or tots, frito chili pie, I get the footlong chili cheese coney without the hot dog (I know I'm weird), Sonic burger with mustard (sometimes I add chili and cheese), their $1 chicken strip sandwich is good too, the chili cheese frito wrap, any of the drinks or desserts lol

yes I think I like their chili a lil too much lol
Frito chili cheese wrap ADD bacon. try it. really.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #37
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ooh, ooh, I love their bacon cheeseburger toaster... and their cheese tots! And their slushes!

... I was kinda hoping you were talking about Sonic the Hedgehog though.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #38
blue_eyes

blue_eyes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblue_eyes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

What about hte BLT on Texas Toast and their Grilled Cheese
Old 09-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #39
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Quote:
What about hte BLT on Texas Toast and their Grilled Cheese
Grilled Cheese and cheese tots = CHEEESY HEAVEN

Remember the Grilled Ham-n-Cheese though, mmmm
Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 PM   #40
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think I already answered this thread....

foot long chili cheese coney...
Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #41
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think I already answered this thread....

foot long chili cheese coney...
extra onions and mustard!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #42
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
extra onions and mustard!!!

Gah... I can't rep Mishty! Why does this always happen to me?!?!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #43
lalatx
has the worst intentions

lalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging in

Been going to Sonic since I was a kid.
We used to go every Halloween for 50 cent corny dogs when I was a kid.
Now I really just go there for the drinks. I love crushed ice so I usually just get a cherry coke or a root beer. The sonic blasts and root beer floats are good to.
Food wise meh its a bit to greasy for my tastes. I like there grilled chicken toasters, chili cheese tots, chicken strips and that's really about it.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #44
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatx View Post
Been going to Sonic since I was a kid.
We used to go every Halloween for 50 cent corny dogs when I was a kid.
Now I really just go there for the drinks. I love crushed ice so I usually just get a cherry coke or a root beer. The sonic blasts and root beer floats are good to.
Food wise meh its a bit to greasy for my tastes. I like there grilled chicken toasters, chili cheese tots, chicken strips and that's really about it.

In my town they sale 5,10,20 pound bags of ice at Sonic

Oh and a Route44 cherry rootbeer makes my day!
and HAPPY HOUR! mmm
Old 09-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #45
blue_eyes

Sonics around here too sell their ice - its wonderful
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #46
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

I am not really into Sonic's food. Though I love their chicken sandwiches. Now their drinks and shakes are another thing. My fav has to be a half caramel and vanilla shake. yummm. Or Mocha java chiller. or cherry coke route 44.....I could go on and on.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #47
lalatx
has the worst intentions

lalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
In my town they sale 5,10,20 pound bags of ice at Sonic

Oh and a Route44 cherry rootbeer makes my day!
and HAPPY HOUR! mmm
Quote:
Sonics around here too sell their ice - its wonderful
They do not sell their ice here. This makes me sad ... Seriously I love crushed ice.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 PM   #48
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sonic has a very varied and great drinks menu. However when it comes to things like burgers they really disappoint.

Interesting how on the container that held the tots it said "Two tater-tots are better than one". Which was true since we ordered 2 and only got one, fortunately enough we got our missing tots
Old 09-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #49
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sonic burgers are passable, but nothing special. Their ice cream is a disappointment, though I do like a sonic blast now and then. The drinks are what make the place. I get unsweetened iced tea with peach flavoring, and the peach flavoring is unsweetened as well. I love to get a Route 44 size unsweetened peach iced tea and add Splenda to it. YUM! That's an all day drink for me.

In the Mobile area, the Sonics don't carry cheddar peppers. Can you believe that shit?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #50
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I saw a Sonic commercial yesterday about new "loaded burgers" they're adding to the menu this month. I've always hated their burgers for being flat and boring, but these might be worth a try. They also touted their "new and improved" footlong coney....although it was great as it was, so I'm curious to see how they've improved it.

It seems they're really making a big push to improve the "customer experience", too. I stopped off for a drink a few days ago, and the car hops were all introducing themselves by name and stating if we needed anything to push the button and ask for them specifically. Of course, that's also a good way for them to up their tips, too.

http://www.burgerbusiness.com/?p=4705

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote