Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 08-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Prop 8 shot down by fed judge

It's breaking news at the moment so an official press release isn't out. I am happy and interested in seeing what happens next. here's a link
Old 08-04-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

It was deemed "unconstitutional" which means: YYYAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Soon all other States will have to follow along given that that was the exact ruling!

YAY!!!

That's all I gotta say, lol.

Partyyyyyyy!!!!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

They can still appeal it. It'll work it's way up to the highest court and they will decide it (or go with the lower court's ruling)
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

still its a start :-)
Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm a happy camper.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
still its a start :-)
Definitely!

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wonderful news.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #8
Fallenangel2904
Fat Fashionista

Fallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging inFallenangel2904 makes people happy simply by logging in

SOO happy about this!! Its definitly a step in the right direction for us as a country!!
Fallenangel2904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
mountaindew
Do the Dewyliciousness!

mountaindew is a member of the 500 clubmountaindew is a member of the 500 clubmountaindew is a member of the 500 clubmountaindew is a member of the 500 clubmountaindew is a member of the 500 clubmountaindew is a member of the 500 club

We'll see how this ends.
mountaindew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

happyfatchick will you take my hand
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

Good start in the right direction.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:58 AM   #12
mercy

mercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this board

Yaaaaaaaaaay!
mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:23 AM   #13
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mod here: Just a friendly reminder that this is not Hyde Park, so if you feel the need to debate or attack this ruling, please do so in Hyde Park. Posts that choose to ignore this friendly reminder will earn infractions.

Thanks,
Butch, GLBTQ Moderator
Old 08-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #14
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

why not move it to hyde park because it's political anyway?

even as one of the people congratulating the ruling i don't see its use outside of a political subforum other than pages and pages of CONGRATULATIONS

then again that's probably better than pages and pages of homophobia and people being infracted for calling homophobes what they are

nevermind i guess
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #15
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

A positive step down the yellow brick road.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #16
SanDiega

SanDiega knows EXACTLY what's going onSanDiega knows EXACTLY what's going onSanDiega knows EXACTLY what's going onSanDiega knows EXACTLY what's going onSanDiega knows EXACTLY what's going onSanDiega knows EXACTLY what's going on

I was so happy when I heard the news! Progress!
SanDiega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #17
Bearsy
Genuinely Disingenuous

Bearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm surprised they allowed a gay man overturn the anti-gay law. There's not much in the way of objectivity.
That would be like having a black man determine the Constitutionality of Jim Crow back in the day.
Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that it's done with, just surprised.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #18
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsy View Post
I'm surprised they allowed a gay man overturn the anti-gay law. There's not much in the way of objectivity.
That would be like having a black man determine the Constitutionality of Jim Crow back in the day.
Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic that it's done with, just surprised.
It was randomly assigned.

Taking it away from him based on his orientation would have been just as wrong as giving it to him based on his orientation.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #19
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
why not move it to hyde park because it's political anyway?

even as one of the people congratulating the ruling i don't see its use outside of a political subforum other than pages and pages of CONGRATULATIONS

then again that's probably better than pages and pages of homophobia and people being infracted for calling homophobes what they are

nevermind i guess
Yeah, glad you finally see it my way, since I have better things to do than infract people who love to spread their homophobia around.

If there isn't a thread in Hyde Park, please start one. There is no rule that there can't be a thread here and a thread there.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #20
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calauria View Post
Good start in the right direction.
Agreed. Yay!
Here's hoping Appeals and Supreme goes the same way!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #21
mercy

mercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this boardmercy carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
If there isn't a thread in Hyde Park, please start one. There is no rule that there can't be a thread here and a thread there.
Oh there is one. And believe me, you don't wanna see it.

It's called "Gay Judge Strikes Down Gay Marriage Ban in CA"
mercy is offline   Reply With Quote