Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #26
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
...Can I have my hipster card now?
LOL sure....

Jen Rocks!!

I wanna get in trouble, I wanna start a fight!

And it's a great day to be alive- Travis Tritt
JenFromOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #27
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Hey, stop the hipster hate! Don't hate 'cuz they dress better than you.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #28
JenFromOC
Awesome.

JenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJenFromOC is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
The funny part is....they look fine, sometimes even hot, but I would look so weird dressed that way. Just doesn't go with my personality at all LOL

Jen Rocks!!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #29
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You might also be interested in:

www.HeftyEmoDouchebags.com
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #30
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Let's face it, they just a crappy, "living off daddy's money" version of beatniks.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #31
JenFromOC
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Let's face it, they just a crappy, "living off daddy's money" version of beatniks.
I need a daddy to live off of...LOL

Jen Rocks!!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #32
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oirish View Post
Never underestimate a hipster's ability to self-agrandize. They seem to have filled up the first few pages with praises for their peers but there are some great posts there if you scroll through. Here is my favorite:

Listens to bands that you have never heard of. Has hairstyle that can only be described as "complicated." (Most likely achieved by a minimum of one week not washing it.) Probably tattooed. Maybe gay. Definitely cooler than you. Reads Black Book, Nylon, and the Styles section of the New York Times. Drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon. Often. Complains. Always denies being a hipster. Hates the word. Probably living off parents money - and spends a great deal of it to look like they don't have any. Has friends and/or self cut hair. Dyes it frequently (black, white-blonde, etc. and until scalp bleeds). Has a closet full of clothing but usually wears same three things OVER AND OVER (most likely very tight black pants, scarf, and ironic tee-shirt). Chips off nail polish artfully after $50 manicure. Sleeps with everyone and talks about it at great volume in crowded coffee shops. Addicted to coffee, cigarettes (Parliaments, Kamel Reds, Lucky Strikes, etc.), and possibly cocaine. Claims to be in a band. Rehearsals consist of choosing outfits for next show and drinking PBR. Always on the list. Majors or majored in art, writing, or queer studies. Name-drops. May go by "Penny Lane," "Eleanor Rigby," etc. when drunk. On PBR. Which is usually.

LOL

mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #33
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

For the record, it's possible to appreciate the external aesthetics of a hipster (and potentially want to do him) without actually being able to tolerate their constant name-checking and cooler-than-thou attitude within the context of an actual ongoing relationship.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #34
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
...Can I have my hipster card now?
You're going to need gigantic ear gauges that I could fit my fist through, multicolored arm bands, and skinny jeans. You'll probably need to shop in the toddler section to get the really tight, ball breaking ones.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #35
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Not all of them are! Some of them make pretty good money working at Urban Outfitters and American Apparel.

...augh. Who am I kidding? Most of them are still hopeless younguns, regardless of age. But I still think they're cute all the same.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #36
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
You're going to need gigantic ear gauges that I could fit my fist through, multicolored arm bands, and skinny jeans. You'll probably need to shop in the toddler section to get the really tight, ball breaking ones.
Stealing them from younger sisters works too. Emos perfected that.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #37
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
The funny part is....they look fine, sometimes even hot, but I would look so weird dressed that way. Just doesn't go with my personality at all LOL
I'm an old timey gal, so I like old timey style. I also like a little of the punk rock edge I see in some hipster style. I'm not so much into the guys in supertight jeans, American Apparel sweatshirts, ironic Ts and Tom's slip-ons, but I like most of the rest of it.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #38
sussuration

sussuration has said some nice things

awwwwww, yeah. these are my kinda dudes. i don't really like the term "hipster" and anyone who describes themselves as such is doing it wrong... but yeah, i'd date most of the guys in that tumblr if they were down.
sussuration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #39
RJI
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

RJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging in

I don't see too many people with that style here in New Jersey. I think Vinnie and "The Situation" may be Hipsters with spikey hair and spray tans.

:eat1:
RJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:38 PM   #40
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club
Default Fat hipster: An oxymoron?

Diet Book Chubster Will Rid the World of Fat Hipsters
That had better be vegan.Photo: iStockphoto

The requisites of hipsterdom are ever-changing (you can't like things once they've gone mainstream), but the demographic's one constant is and always will be a whip-thin physique — the better to rock a look of apathetic disdain while zipping around on your fixed-gear. So those whose super-skinny jeans encase seriously uncool love handles will give thanks that writer Martin Cizmar has sold Chubster, which Publishers Marketplace describes as an "appropriately snarky weight-loss and lifestyle guide for hipsters looking to shed pounds and stay cool," to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Expect the core program to center around a regimen of street-cart tacos, Old Granddad, and cigarettes.
(From the May issue of New York magazine)
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #41
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJI View Post
I don't see too many people with that style here in New Jersey. I think Vinnie and "The Situation" may be Hipsters with spikey hair and spray tans.
uhm, no.

pants
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #42
RJI

RJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging inRJI makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
uhm, no.

pants
....pants?

Old 08-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #43
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Those are guidos. I mean they're kinda the opposite of hipsters haha. They get designer clothes and look trimmed and neat. Hipsters go for scruff and ironic clothes.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #44
RJI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
Those are guidos. I mean they're kinda the opposite of hipsters haha. They get designer clothes and look trimmed and neat. Hipsters go for scruff and ironic clothes.

Yeah I know, it was meant as a joke

Old 08-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #45
Paquito
don't July to me

Quote:
Yeah I know, it was meant as a joke
INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

pants.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #46
inkedinto

inkedinto can now change their title

I have a tinge of hipster in me.. and those boys whether hetero or homo are right down my ally.. yummy.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #47
Bearsy
Genuinely Disingenuous

Bearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging in

If I could afford, and they sold, hipster-esque clothing in my size, I would most likely be a "hipster of size". I already am pretentious as hell about music and film(hell, I have a music blog and a Tumblr) and I enjoy the style. I don't care.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #48
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
They don't dress better than me. They wear cheaply made, overpriced crap and have raging superiority complexes while regurgitating other peoples' original concepts of art, fashion, and music; claiming to be inventive. Boo!
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #49
Oirish
The Dude

Oirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going onOirish knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFromOC View Post
Also....they can draw very well (dark, disturbing art) and most likely work at Starbucks. And Orange County is full of them....Hipster girls and guys of size.
Yes, I have known a few that can adequately copy a Chris Bachalo drawing with a few slight alterations and claim originality. Much praise to the talented posers.
Oirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #50
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I don't understand where the "living off daddy's money" stereotype came from.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote